Hemlane Reviews

4.82/5 (73 reviews)

Pros
  • The price and the support provided
  • Customer service and features are the best in class
  • The tech aspect Quality of management of properties
  • The organization it provides The tracking abilities
Cons
  • I did not find out about the software sooner.
  • Not being able to group units and building and building group.
  • The robustness is not quite there for prospective tenants and financials
  • Nothing - this property management software has been ideal for our application
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Eric Cuevas

Very Convinient

Reviewed 2019-05-11

I am very happy with this product. Very easy to adopt and makes payments convenient and easy. Makes repairs and Maintenance easy too

Pros
Very user friendly, both to our tenants and for us as property managers

Cons
The robustness is not quite there for prospective tenants and financials

Response from Hemlane

Thank you, Eric, for your review! We really look forward to improving both Financials and Prospective Tenants for you.

Paul Lopez

This product is a great value & comes with excellent customer service & communication!

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Pros
Hemlane is an amazing solution for streamlined online property management. Our experience managing 30+ properties through Hemlane has been fantastic thanks to the efficiency of the program and the expert communication provided by Customer support representative and her team. Having the ability to accept online applications, quickly convert specific applicants to `Tenant Status and accept online rent payments almost instantly has saved us countless hours of time & resources. Our tenants appreciate the ease of paying rent from their homes, offices & cell phones securely, having the ability to schedule automatic rent payments & having secure records of their payments through Hemlane all in one online portal. We highly recommend Hemlane for all property managers no matter the size or model of the company!

Cons
We are looking forward to added features such as printable applications & property groups by owner. We appreciate that Dana takes all of our suggestions & questions into account.

Judy Swartwood

Apartment Rental

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-02

I have an apartment for rent and utilized the free trial to post my listing and also for the application background and credit check. It was so nice not to have to deal with the application, the exchange of funds etc and the report was perfect. Thank you!

Pros
I was on a free trial and felt supported by team every step of the way.

Cons
None - it was easy to set up and use. This review system is not as great though lol

Response from Hemlane

Judy,
We're glad you enjoy using Hemlane and the automation we built. Our goal is for all users to spend less time managing the process.

David Barr

Hemlane significantly facilitates the expansion of my property portfolio

Reviewed 2017-01-13

As I hold investment properties in a number of states throughout the US, Hemlane has provided me with an ideal, consolidated management solution, offering smart software and on-ground support applicable to each property. I now spend *significantly* less time - and have less headache - with the management of my properties. Being a client of Hemlane, I cannot imagine investing in more residential properties without them.

Devin Scott

Great product

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Pros
Simplicity and clarity in UI Ability to collect recurring payments Simple and effective marketing and application automation

Cons
Could use some more features like tracking of assets (appliances) and ability to pay service pros

Response from Hemlane

Devin,
Thank you so much for your review. We will be adding some of these features in the future. Part of the reason that we don't have them now is that we're looking to eliminate snail mail (sending checks in the mail to service pros) and working on some new fintech offerings to make everything online and automated for your.
Look forward to continuing to work with you and to make the product even better for you!

Jerod Topliff

Does everything I need it to

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
Easily the best feature is their customer support. This is a huuuge deal for me and Hemlane,Team answers any question myself or my tenants have almost instantly. There are a number of websites like Hemlane, but I don't any of them do as good of a job with Customer Support as they do.

Cons
It can be a little un-intuitive for certain things & I'm sometimes not exactly clear what my tenants see vs. what I see on the website. I'd like to be CC'd or something on all the messages they see so I have a better idea of what their experience is like.

Anonymous

Easily replaces traditional property managers, at a much more affordable price

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Cut out the expensive property manager middleman, and gave me direct and easy control on managing my property at a much more affordable price.

Pros
Simple, intuitive UI. Ability to post listing to many different websites, and has an elegant plug-in for craigslist listing. Flexible pricing model that is significantly cheaper than traditional property managers. Fast and easy set-up for listing and tenant management.

Cons
Experienced some bugs while trying to set up tenant screening. But luckily the Hemlane staff was very responsive and helped to resolve the issue very quickly.

Mike Jobs

Hemlane is ideal for my 5 properties

Reviewed 2017-02-22

This company has ridiculous customer service, free onboarding, and a simple product. There are a couple of additional features that I want added to the software, but there are workarounds and the team is good at listening to me to have these features added to their enhancement list. I really like their marketing software -- it makes it easy to advertise my rental properties and see prospective tenants in one pipeline. I have only used the product for 2 months, but was able to get a renter very quickly through it.

Pros
It is simple and I don't get lost in it. I really like their marketing feature (made it easy to find a good renter) and their free onboarding.

Cons
I asked for a couple of things that are not in the software yet -- task reminders and send checks to my vendors.

Deborah Bellingham

Fantastic program for property management and home rental. Very quick results.

Reviewed 2017-06-27

It saves me time, and a lot of money. We are renting our home in California while my husband works on the east coast. This is 10% of the cost of traditional property management groups that I interviewed. Very friendly knowledgeable people. I think of it as the Airbnb of the long term rental market.

Pros
The ease of use, wide range of advertising. There is really fast tech support from folks that know how to use the program. Oh, and did I mention the price. What a value!

Cons
That it is not really geared for commercial rentals. I am hoping they go into the commercial market as well.

Steven Morales

Very happy with the function of the software for our needs

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Time. I saves me time.

Pros
Its easy to use on our end once the tenants are set up. I love how it auto bills, auto late charges and lets me know who is behind. Also, the charts showing projected income for the next couple of months is nice.

Cons
Updates are being added as we go, and everyone is great to work with. I wish it had a better reporting function. Somewhere we could better keep track of expenses. We have to almost consider bringing in a quickbooks to track the expenses, on top of this product.

Wei Song

You'll thank me for recommending you to try Hemlane!

Reviewed 2019-01-16

I'm a real estate sales broker. I had to refer my clients to other property mangers in the past because I didn't have enough time. Hemlane made it possible for me and because of hemlane, I can expend my business and add income strand.

Pros
The staffs! There will always be softwares that have similar functions but the people who's working with you is the most important. At hemlane, business is not just a functional portal!

Cons
Nothing that I don't like. If I do, I talk to the helpful staffs, they will tell me a solution right away!

Yusuke Seki

Fantastic support

Reviewed 2017-09-07

Saves time.

Pros
I use Hemlane's Smart management, and the amount of help you can get is great. My property manager is always willing to pick up the phone and ready to help.

Cons
The software is very easy to navigate once you get a hang of it. There will be some learnings to do for new users.

Chris Marlin

Very Impressed

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Overall, for the price, I have had a great experience with Hemlane that has sped up managing my few properties a lot!

Pros
I have used this software for a few months now and it is made managing my three rentals MUCH easier. I love that I can collect rent and have the ability to manage maintenance. Also, the big thing has been how they made marketing my house so easy, I couldn't believe how many contacts I got.

Cons
The couple things that seem to be lacking is the financial side of things. They should be able to connect and upload transactions so I can do my cost accounting from this. Also, there have been some pretty long lag times as to when I put up a house and when it actually gets posted.

Response from Hemlane

Thanks Marlin Residential for the review! We really look forward to bringing more innovation on the financials side for you!

Anonymous

Perfect - great cost, easy to use, great customer support

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Pros
I researched SEVERAL property management software, and Hemlane is the BEST! Most cost effective, visually appealing, easy to navigate for current and potential tenants, invitation to RocketLawyer for electronic leases, quick and super nice customer service reps, the list can go on and on

Cons
Nothing - this property management software has been ideal for our application

Brett Solomano

Comprehensive, simple and value for money

Reviewed 2018-11-05

Pros
This was the software that had the most features relevant to my needs.

Cons
There has been a couple of bugs within the platform unfortunately. Though the support staff is quick to respond and I also have confidence in them as they add new features.

Response from Hemlane

Thank you, Brett, for the review! We look forward to getting those other features and requests into the product for you. It has been great to work with you.

Leonard Weimer

DEBLEN INTERVIEW

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Excellant time saver for marketing and tenant screening

Pros
Payment system works flawlessly at no cost to tenants or landlords

Cons
Difficult to distinguish locations on site or whether you are in as a admin,user,service provider or tenants.. often get lost in looking for function not available in one class or another.

Toby Prudhomme

Extraordinary product

Reviewed 2019-05-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Since the first 28 day free trial, the owner has communicated directly with me and explained all the aspects of the software. It is extremely easy to use and allows management to focus on the right things for property owners and tenants. Second to none.

Pros
Customer service and features are the best in class

Cons
I did not find out about the software sooner.

Sydney Johnson

Hemlane is an awesome property managment service and a cool technology company

Reviewed 2016-06-28

I was really blown away with everything Hemlane offered. The technology aspect of the company is amazing and the user experiene is very friendly and easy to learn

Pros
The tech aspect Quality of management of properties

Cons
Not great for someone who doesn't know how to use the internet or check email frequently. Even for tech challenged people, this service is easy to learn

Andrew Trahan

Andrew Trahan’s Review

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Pros
The ability to advertise across several different listing websites.

Cons
Sometimes the website does not work on all browsers or different types of computers.

Response from Hemlane

Thanks Andrew for your kind review! We look forward to continuing to work with you and yes ... hope that we can support Microsoft Internet Explorer in the future.

SONIA SPANGENBERG

Can't beat value and customer support.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Simplicity of use for myself and my tenants. Having my tenants calls taken care of when they occur. I do want to remain aware of what is occurring but don't want to have to be on call 24/7. This works beautifully for that.

Pros
It's simple to navigate and doesn't overwhelm. When you do have difficulty finding something a simple email or phone call generates a very quick response and resolution. They worked quickly to update the software (two days) to make the payment date info. clarification that I needed. I had read about this quick response time in reviews when I was shopping for software systems and I experienced it first hand two months into my subscription.

Molly Pattillo

You will never find a better value for property management software!

Reviewed 2017-11-29

Pros
The direct deposit, marketing capabilities and tenant screening functions make property management a breeze.

Cons
The financial section could be a little more user friendly. I'd like to be able to hover over the money and be able to be more interactive with it.

Lucy Concepcion

Excellent tool for property owners who want to be Landlord, at the same time Property manager.

Reviewed 2017-08-09

Pros
Accessiblity of property management tools especially with service payments to vendors and rental payments from tenants.

Cons
It won't allow same day showing schedule. When a prospective would want an immediate preview, Im not able to update the dashboard.

Jessica Neal

Reviewed 2019-10-17

I love working with the Customer Support and his attention to my issues.

Pros
The organization it provides The tracking abilities

Cons
The way the reports print out...wish it looked just like the report on the screen The reports aren't detailed enough for my needs.

Stanley Winderman

Hemlane is Great

Reviewed 2017-02-08

I have found the support from Hemlane to be excellent. I am saving a fortune compared to the Real Estate Management Company I was using. If I need anything, Hemlane tries to get it for me.

Pros
The price and the support provided

Cons
Not being able to group units and building and building group.

Tracy Ferm

We had a stellar experience with Hemlane from my very first phone call. One of the customer rep is a rare jewel.

Reviewed 2017-10-27

it was easy to navigate and we found a fabulous tenant as a result right away.

Pros
I am technologically challenged and I found the software very easy to navigate . The customer rep was right there to offer any guidance I needed. She was available on a Sunday to answer any questions I had and was incredibly patient and understanding that we had never been landlords before. She held my hand through the entire process and we met only qualified possible tenants. We were able to choose the tenants we wanted that first day. They have been as wonderful as the customer rep is!