Home Inspector Pro Reviews

4.7/5 (54 reviews)
Pros
  • It can be tailored to suit individual or campnay needs.
  • Great tech support. Dominic is always on the edge with new features.
  • Customer service was great and it is cheaper than other reporting softwares.
  • The fact that customer service is always helpful, courteous and knowledgeable.
Cons
  • There are none!!
  • A little slow on start up
  • I can't think of any cons right now.
  • I have no complaints about this software
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Wayne Thurber

Fantastic customer service excellent product

Reviewed 2017-07-15

Pros
The customizability and flexibility of the software is great. New features and updates are constantly being released. The company is very receptive of feedback and always help the second you have a question, day or night.

Brian Fullen

ABSOLUTELY the Best

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Made me a better inspector

Pros
The amazing customer service, the highest quality software , the best software for the best inspectors, HIP will make you a better inspector and help grow your business

John Sopher

Reviewed 2009-03-20

I would recommend Home Inspector Pro to any inspector if they really want to succeed. I think of this software and the owner Dominic as my secret weapon for the success my business has had. If your still on the fence, take a look for yourself! I have many sample reports on my website at www.oklahomahomeinspector.biz. You can see for yourself how professional your reports can be. Great thing is, if you don't like something, its a snap to change.

Pros
This software is by far the best home inspection software I have found. The price was perfect. It wasn't outrageously priced like many of the other. Best of all is the customer support. I have never done business with any company that has this level of customer support. To top things off, if you ever have any home inspection questions there are tons of inspectors on the message board ready and willing to help you out. Its like one big family at Home Inspector Pro. I just cant say enough good things about this software, the company, and the owner!

Cons
Took about a week to really get the hang of the software. Developed my own template from scratch before I realized many inspectors on the Home Inspector Pro message board will share what they already have.

Shannon Gatewood

Best Support Available

Reviewed 2019-01-10

Being able to seamlessly transfer between my iPad and my Mac was a must. Very few software companies support both mobile and Apple. HIP does a great job of this.

Pros
The customer support that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team provide is unmatched in the industry. There is a bit of a learning curve as this software has so many features it is practically impossible to utilize them all. The folks at HIP take their time to walk you through anything and everything you ask.

Cons
With so many features (to fulfill every appetite) it can be a little daunting to make sure you are taking advantage of all it offers.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Shannon. It's been great having you as a user for the last few years. We appreciate all your input!

Robert Boudreau

Best inspection software out there

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
Home Inspector Pro is easy to use, completely customizable and my clients love the reports.

Cons
I have no complaints about this software

Joe Bush

Top notch software and customer service.

Reviewed 2019-02-18

Excellent

Pros
The fact that customer service is always helpful, courteous and knowledgeable.

Cons
Learning curve. There is so much there, it can sometimes be overwhelming. With practice and use it gets easier though.

Chris Cook

North Atlanta Property Inspection

Reviewed 2019-02-12

It took a while to set up and get going, but overall I’m very happy with it.

Pros
It can be tailored to suit individual or campnay needs.

Cons
The learning curve can be steep. I did have a hard time initially.

Kimberly Poisso

Easy to use and work with the home inspector

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-22

It makes the whole process of viewing the report easy, and easy to communicate with the inspector.

Pros
The home inspector does the inspection and send the report through this software. That allows the report to remain private and allow access to the report by only specified parties. Great product!

Cons
It can be difficult to login sometimes, and not always mobile friendly. Please make it more mobile accessible.

Vernon Keene

Earned the name PRO

Reviewed 2019-09-17

I needed a septic template and could not get it to work off the forums. My rep jumped in and had me ready in moments. Cant ask for better support.

Pros
Very easy to use and edit. Watched the training video twice and was able to start using the product right away with very little issues. When I have had a question there was help through chat. They had quick and very helpful support which really made a difference for me.

Cons
I likely just need to ask but I havnt found a way to make the font bigger.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Vernon! We can definitely help you make the font bigger. Message help@homeinspectorpro.com and let us know where you're trying to male it larger and we will send the steps. Or give us a call!

Dan Churukian

Fast and Friendly

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
Super user friendly and convenient with ability to write quality reports even for the novice home inspector.

Cons
Great software just a little pricey to start with compared to some others but well worth the investment.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks for the kind words Dan! We're here to help you with any questions you may have. We have a $200 off holiday sale right now which makes the software extremely affordable!

Andrew Barber

Best customer service I’ve seen from any company.

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Best customer service. Owner emailed me on a Sunday and someone called me minutes later. Anytime you have a question they are there to help or the Facebook community will help.

Pros
Customer service was great and it is cheaper than other reporting softwares.

Cons
I wish one buy would let you login from Mac or PC

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks for the review Andrew! We're glad you love Home Inspector Pro and our support.

Just a heads up , your license DOES cover you for both a Mac and a Windows PC. If you have any questions about that just give us a call, 888-750-4777 or email Help@HomeInspectorPro.com or hit Help Desk on http://www.HomeInspectorPro.com

Gerry Pallotta

HIP is the Greatest!!

Reviewed 2009-07-06

I would easily recommend HIP to any Home inspector out there. The program comes in at a great price, you get great support, you have a large and active on-line community that is ready to assist you if you need anything. The reports look great and impresses your clients with how simple it is to read. As a Home Inspector you can't go wrong with this program.

Pros
HIP is easy to use and the customer support is unbelievable, They are there to help you out almost 24/7. No problem is to big or to small. The program is feature rich and very easily adaptable to any situation you may need it for. There are great tutorials to help walk you through the program for the first time.After a couple of uses your a pro. One of the coolest features is the infrared photo overlay. The price is right for those watching their pocketbooks.

Cons
As of yet I have not come across any cons.

Chanda DeWine

easy to use on jobsite

Reviewed 2020-02-10

its a decent app for the money and makes inspections a little quicker.

Pros
that you can use voice recognition to enter narratives as well as transfer my data through the cloud to my desktop.

Cons
the interface is difficult to use and doesnt always provide the most accurate inspection tools for the job at hand

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Bert de Haan

Customer support second to none

Highly recommended.

Pros
I could have given 5 stars on each of the categories but I wanted a way to point out that of all the strong points, the customer support is the strongest. There are a lot of options and possibilities in the program. I am not a computer wiz so I have had a question that needed to be answered before I could finish the report. Within 1/2 hr I had a reply to my question and I could go on with my report. The program is very flexible. You can make it work for any kind of inspection.

Cons
I can't think of any cons right now.

Mike Lagana

Terrific Program

Reviewed 2016-01-22

I had designed my own template for my inspections. I searched for software that could recreate the look of my template with all the additional features (auto comments, adding pics to the report as I am performing the inspection etc.) I needed. HIP fit the bill. Several ready made templates to start with and then very easy to edit and tweak to get your own custom template that suits your needs. Customer service is fantastic; patient with clients with only minimal computer skills like myself. My clients are very happy with both the appearance and contents of my reports.

John Hetz

Home Inspector Pro Report Software

Reviewed 2010-07-28

1. I also have Report Writing software from a HIP competitor. I never use it and won't because the support and willingness to help when I need it is just not there.

Pros
1.Inspection Standard of Practice integrated in to software. 2. Ability to tailor the Report appearance to individual tastes. 3. Photo batch load with captions is easy to use and enhances the appearance of the Report. 4. The best support team you could ask for.

Cons
1. Functions better on a PC than a Mac. 2. Difficult to add documents to supplement a Report.

Drew Levy

HIP Is The Best Around!

Reviewed 2010-07-28

I highly recommend the software. I have had several programs prior to HIP and never received the compliments like I get with HIP. The finished report is ultra professional and the support is unparalleled.

Pros
Home Inspector Pro is the most flexible reporting software I have ever used. Adding comments and narratives on the fly is really simple and the program works well on my tablet.

Cons
After 250 inspections with HIP I don't have any Cons yet.

Mark Wahl

I highly recommend this program and company to any home inspectors looking to improve.

Reviewed 2009-03-21

I highly recommend this program and company to any home inspectors looking to improve the quality of their reports and webhosting.

Pros
Home Inspector Pro is one of the finest software packages that we have ever uses. I have run networks for 2500 person companies and have not had success praise for any other software

Cons
Designing the website can be cumbersome, but this is true with any url software

Dustin Herry

Reviewed 2020-01-14

Overall this software is a great option for home inspectors.

Pros
This software is great for home inspectors and my clients and their realtors like the reports provided.

Cons
It takes some time to learn this ins and outs of everything this software provides. Once you get the hang of it, it preforms well and I have been impressed.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

Thanks Dustin, I'm glad you're enjoying HIP! We have some awesome new stuff in store as well.

Tyler Park

Best software on the Market!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-19

Experience is amazing with Home Inspector Pro! With unmatched customer service, I always feel like I'm taken care of.

Pros
Customizability is amazing allowing me to be able to customize for different needs. Customer Service is also amazing and frequently look to improve their software.

Cons
Customizability can be tricky to utilize at first but after a couple of tries it becomes much easier.

Darrell Hammel

USELESS

Reviewed 2015-05-21

This is the most useless product I have ever used. Can't log on. NO support from company. Once they have your money your on your own.

Response from Home Inspector Pro

I'm sorry to see that you've had an issue Darrell. We have tried to contact you many times. Every time you emailed we responded within minutes and then we never heard back from you. You never called into tech support or used our Live Chat feature. Our tech support hours are more than double anyone else in the industry.

I'm guessing our emails to you ended up in your Spam folder. We didn't become the #1 software in the industry by mistake and would be happy to help you get the software up and running. Feel free to call us at 888-750-4777 to get 1 on 1 training or just a live training session.

Ian Niquette

Reviewed 2009-03-20

I would recommend this product to any home inspector looking for new software to write their reports with before any other program.

Pros
Easy to use program, top notch customer support. Very pleased and will be purchasing this program when I switch programs later this year.

Cons
I found nothing that would be a drawback to this program, it is constantly getting better.

David Macy

Buy the best, go with the pro. Home Inspector Pro.

Reviewed 2009-03-21

Buy the best, go with the pro. Home Inspector Pro.

Pros
Best report system in the industry. Support is beyond description. Would give 100 and a scale to 10. It is constantly updated to meet the inspectors needs. Great product better support. Very good price for quality of product. Great website design.

Cons
There are none!!

Tom Camp

Home Inspector Pro in Colorado Springs

Reviewed 2010-10-05

Great program and well suited for the Home or Commercial Inspection Industry.

Pros
I like the flexibility of the program to create my own templates to my needs and the ease of batch importing photos into the report. I also like the fact it can be used on a MAC.

Cons
A little slow on start up

Scott Widick

Great to start out program. Even better if you bring your tablet onsite to do your inspection

Reviewed 2009-03-20

Pros
Great tech support. Dominic is always on the edge with new features.

Cons
Pictures are not on the same screen as comments for the section your reporting on.