Horizon Software Reviews

Horizon Software

Home inspection software that runs your entire business

Horizon Software

Love it!

The customer service department is outstanding! They are constantly adding new features and upgrades.

Pros

Very clean and professional report! Myself an my clients like the live links to switch between sections of the report.

Cons

There not very many options in the infield app in regards to the annotations on the pictures which means more time at home on the computer verses spending time with the family.

Hi Chris, we appreciate your review. We're proud of how unique and effective the report is to use for Home buyers. If your clients love your reports then we've done our job.

Not the cheapest and for good reason

I have been using the package for over 5 years now and I am impressed with the overall ease of use and look of the reports. Clients seem to like them as well.

Pros

The ability to schedule, report and publish very professional looking reports to my clients

Cons

Price. It is inline with one other provider that I know of, but far more expensive than others. The necessity for paying in US dollars and being in Canada only inflates the cost of use.

Great to hear your clients love your reports! They are a major contributor for design feedback on Horizon's professional presentation and content.

Business in a box

I have not tried any other software. My experience so far is excellent. I also received feedback from a couple of my clients and they are quite impressed with the format and clarity of the inspection report.

Pros

There's a lot I like about the software. I especially like the fact that it's a cloud based program, which makes it easy for me to access or write my reports from any of my devices, anytime. I take advantage of the mobile application where I can actually add pictures and start building the report while I'm still onsite. It saves me a lot time when I get back to the office.

Cons

This is only nitpicking but it would be nice if my personal calendar events would push into Horizon's schedule.

Hi Nick, Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Horizon Inspection Software

Pros

I like including both factual pictures and illustrations in my report. I like the fact it is web based.

Cons

I wish I could do a report in no longer than 1 hour. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to complete the report.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated Kelly. As Educators, Software providers and Home Inspectors we strive to provide value and professionalism into everything we do. Contact us directly or visit our blogs about report writing to see tips for best practices and optimize report writing.

Horizon is the communication foundation for your inspection business.

The system is easy to use and provides the customer with a detailed report that is attractive and easy to understand.

Pros

Cons

It would be nice if you could add videos.

Matt, we Thank You for taking the time to provide your feedback and thoughts. We're happy to hear how well Horizon has been working for you and that your clients love the professional reports you create.

My opinion about Horizon report software.

Very please with the software and the ability to change things up and keep things in order for better report writing.

Pros

It is easy to understand and use. Very user friendly.

Cons

I find the mobile app very difficult to use and maneuver. I just don't get it at times

Hi Chris, thanks for your review of Horizon. You have a complete list of inspection content on all platforms, which can be a lot on smaller devices. We'd be happy to give you a personal tour and tips using Horizon Mobile.

Best reporting on the market

I've been using this for 8 years full time and it has been a huge help in keeping my business with the best reporting in my market!

Pros

Ease of use and multi-user function. I love the auto diagrams that can be added to the report. The formatting of the report.

Cons

Most of the issues I have had have been fixed with upgrades.

Thanks for your feedback Josh! We think so too and glad to have you on board as we grow and innovate.

Best by far

I’ve utilized many home inspection report software packages in the past. Horizon in my experience is the crown jewel.

Pros

An easy to use, and quick report writing program.

Cons

I’ve had to write several recommendations that were missing from the software.

Very much appreciate your review Ryan! As a home inspection company ourselves, we're able to design reporting features to simplify, save clicks and time.

Want to Standout? Use This

From the ground up, Inspections every day. I get additional jobs and great feedback regarding my report with this software

Pros

This software produces fantastic reports right out of the gate. Has Integrated Action List Generator and mobile software.

Cons

This software is a little harder to setup but the customer support is second to none. Well worth the extra effort!

Thank you for your feedback and experience sharing with Horizon! We're proud of Horizon's professional and specialized reports. They're design is based on Client and Agent feedback. We understand change management is one of the biggest challenges, that's why we invest training time with every new customer. Best, The Horizon Team

Easy to read reports

I get referrals because of the high quality reports it produces.

Pros

I like that it produces reports that my clients can easily read.

Cons

That items I create don't save past notes & implications.

Hi Doug, Thanks for your review. Our Report Writing feature is constantly getting better. You can learn more about our new Report Designer at https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/features/report-writing/

Long term client

Any issues I have had with Horizons has been addressed immediately. The rep is great to deal with.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how professional the report looks when completed.

Cons

Reports cannot be completed and sent out on a mobile phone.

It makes us very happy to have been working with you for so long Ron. Looking forward to coming out your way again soon.

User for years

Pros

Adds the implications and professional photos

Cons

I’m not tech savvy, there are a lot of auto features that I don’t take advantage of

Hi Rich, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your comments. You can have a look at the many webinars we have that will provide you more information on how to access those auto-features. https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/horizon-training/

Best in my opinion

EASY TO SHARE WITH CLIENTS AND AGENT

Pros

Its easy to set up and start using. Very impressed with the ability to customize using my logos

Cons

Not really crazy about the time zone setting

Hi Frederick, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your comments. We are constantly updating the features and will keep you informed of any new changes. Team Horizon

Great Software

I will keep using this product as long as I can.

Pros

Easy to use and great report for clients

Cons

Some items reported as bugs still remain after a number of years.

Thank you for ranking Horizon so highly Gary! Horizon continues to develop and keep our infrastructure up to date. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as a Horizon Professional. The Horizon Team

Good product..but

Pros

Ease of use most times...clients and real estate like it .

Cons

Geared too much Canadian customers. I'd like to be on a team for US users.

We appreciate your feedback Monica. Clients and agents provide important feedback in our business. Horizon is the only software fully customizable and designed for all of North America.

President

Great user experience and great training support.

Pros

Works well for commercial and residential

Cons

All is good with Horizon I have no complaints.

Thanks for your review on Capterra and for being a Professional Horizon customer. We enjoyed training with your team on both Residential and Commercial business lines.

Best report system

It fits right into my needs.

Pros

It is very easy to learn. It becomes second nature. It is extremely reliable.

Cons

It's available for my competitors to use.

Thanks Rich, I love it! Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon. We'll notify you in the newsletter and message board for updates.

Owner/Inspector

Great feedback from clients on report layouts

Pros

Personalized narrative options Automatic payment platform

Cons

No negative issues. Easy to use for me and my employees

Great to hear your clients are impressed with your Horizon reports. It's great to be working with your team!

Year in review

Personally don't understand why other inspectors are not using Horizon. I have tired several and nothing compares to them quality of thea reports.

Pros

Integration ;with, Google calendar, payment processing, homebinder and several other 3rd party. Customization : make it feel the way you want, professional Designed by industry leaders

Cons

Blank spaces on report between sections looks unprofessional. Glichy host possibly causes application to freeze on occasion. Customer support just tells you it's fine. Price listed in US funds which shows it true target market. Nothing else.

Thanks for your feedback Kyle! Our latest release of Report Designer gives you unlimited formatting control to remove white space, resize images and more. We're happy you know Horizon delivers the most Professional report in the industry.

Very Innovative Product

I've been using this for years and this is the only home inspection software product that I recommend.

Pros

Horizon is an innovative product that continues to evolve, adding new features all the time. Maybe the best thing about this though, is that I don't have to pay more for the newest version - with every update, I get the newest features.

Cons

Nothing that I can really think of. It's pretty good.

Hi Graham, we appreciate hearing from our customers and happy you're getting the most from Horizon. Thank you for your review and feedback!

Second to none

I've received many compliments on the look of the report from both agents and clients alike.

Pros

This software is easy to use and edit and the support while seldom needed is great. I have agents who only use me because of the quality and simplicity of reading the report. The appearance of the finished product looks clean and very professional.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything as this software has it all.

Thanks Richard for your review. We continue to make our report writer easier to use and more flexible. Your input is always appreciated.

Why I chose Horizan

I have even been able to modify the report process to allow use for mold and air quality tests

Pros

Customizable Easy and fast set up Customer support All inclusive

Cons

I compared horizan to 3 other programs and haven't found anything I dislike yet

Hi Ed, thanks for your review. We are glad that you are able to customize Horizon software to better fit your needs. Your comments are much appreciated and we will continue to provide flexibility and additional benefits through future updates.

Home inspector

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use easy to train apprentice clear guidance on tablet computer or phone.

Cons

Limited to number of photos to use and not sure how to remove items I entered

We appreciate your feedback Karen. Centralized management, content and control makes it easy for Multi-inspector firms to add new inspectors. Be aware we recently increased photo capacity to 200/report.

Great software but maybe not ideal for Texas Inspectors

Customer service was good, but you need wifi to complete the report which makes it difficult to use in the field.

Pros

I like how it inserted photos directly in each section of the report rather than all photos at the end.

Cons

Reports were much too long and it scared off agents. Also instead of integrated a form required by Texas, it tacked it to the end, making the report even longer.

We very much appreciate your feedback and comments! Did you know you have unlimited format options to have your Texas integrated form appear where and how you like it? We'll reach out to you.

Software challenge

I have completed over 1300 inspections using Horizon software before switching from different software. Horizon reports are the easiest for a homeowner to understand. I have yet to see a report as complete, ease of use, understandable without a key to read, with support when needed. My challenge was to find an easy to write, understand report writing software which ended with Horizon. Other inspection companies do not come close. (Homeguage has a lot to offer but Horizon in my opinion is more user friendly)

Cons

Thank you from everyone in the Horizon Team Ken! As a cloud service we take pride in working with our Professional Inspector community and love hearing about your successes! Thanks again, John