Hostfully Property Management Platform Reviews

Hostfully Property Management Platform

Property management platform for vacation rental businesses

Hostfully Property Management Platform

Review Summary

Pros

Hostfully is allowing us to grow in a more organized manner, allowing us to better manage our properties and providing us a competitive advantage.

Nick H.

Michael S.

The integrations and ease of use make this product invaluable to our operation.

Michael S.

Customer service is rarely available and might answer you in two or three days if you’re lucky. Financial accounting is horrible.

Stephanie W.

4.4

Tried the rest...this is the best! Look no further

Everything about Hostfully shows a pattern of superior thought and workmanship. The Hostfully team members I have come in contact with have all showed me a unique desire to deliver a robust solution to the day to day struggles I deal with as a property manager. I have used 3 other "top rated" alternative property management solutions and they all fall flat and short. When I say I recommend "them"...Hostfully...I say that because you are not just getting software...you are getting a team dedicated to making their customers user experience a successful one! They understand their clients success (us) means their success. I am happily staying with this company because nobody else has come close to solving my challenges as they are currently doing.

Pros

Simple setup...really nice GUI...easy to navigate...no unnecessary clicks and extremely intuitive. The calendar is fabulous...you know where your bookings are coming from...it's easy to make contact with guests (due to the new inbox feature)...easy to make direct bookings...take payments...make changes...issue refunds...schedule housekeeping...I mean the team at Hostfully has thought of virtually everything...

Cons

While it's not a deal breaker...an app would be nice. Using alternative property management solutions, they all had "apps". But what's the point of an app whey they are broken, clunky and lacking in every way imaginable? That describes the "competitors" mobile offerings. Believe me I tried them...for years...each! Hostfully does not have an app...but their site is completely "mobile friendly". Initially I was concerned but it turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. I would rather have a mobile friendly site that achieves ALL than an app that claims to have all, most...or some...yet has nothing of real value. Hostfully's site is SUPER EASY on your mobile device. Don't worry about it! I'm extremely mobile and if it was a pain...I would have moved on by now...and I'm not...no way.

Hostfully Platform saves us time and makes us more money

We have been using the product for 2 years and it keeps improving. While we don't find value in every new feature, we're happy with the pace that they're responding to feature requests.

Pros

The ease of using the channel manager and adjusting per-channel pricing.

Cons

The user interface. It's not flashy, but it's functional.

Software looks good but the company is not

Since submitting this feedback, a representative of Orbirentals / Hostfully has made contact in April, refunded the sums deducted from our account and apologised for the lack of response to my issues at the beginning of the year. She has explained that the company was conducting a merger and customer relations may have suffered at the time because of the changes and pressure of work-load I think it is very decent of her to try and make amends, even several months down the line.

Pros

A move from our current pms is long overdue and I have been looking at many alternatives. This one looked promising and I was very keen on it: - It seems easy and straightforward to set up and use - There are useful connections to other apps and complementary software. - The pricing is competitive. Unfortunately I have not been able to fully explore it, nor sign up officially, as the company is not as straightforward and easy to use as the software appears to be.

Cons

In order to evaluate this pms you have to sign up for a `free two-week trial AND supply your card details. As a rule, I would avoid a company that does this but they have all these great reviews and so, against my better judgment, I went ahead. I expected that there would be an email reminder that the trial was coming to an end - not an unreasonable expectation but sadly it is. I received no reminder...

User was contacted and provided follow up comments to their review. The company apologized for not providing immediate support during the week-end, but we do require users to schedule onboarding calls, and do not provide onboarding calls during week-ends.

A Complete PMS for our Vacation Rental Management Company!

Orbirental has saved our team countless man hours of work and anytime we’ve encountered an issue it has been addressed and resolved promptly. The integrations and ease of use make this product invaluable to our operation.

Pros

From the start, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team were quick to respond to help us get set up and work through any issues we encountered. We utilized the booking engine to build out our website and the automated messages saved us countless hours of work.

Cons

My only complaint would be a few missing feature such as some smaller individual integrations with Airbnb such as an auto message respond for Airbnb inquiries and last minute pricing. However, the team continues to roll out new and improved updates and functionality.

Extremely Helpful Cloud Solution for Vacation Rentals: Calendar, Booking Widget, Lead Management++

Orbirental does much more than I really need it to, but I find myself using more and more of it as time goes on. Originally discovered this as literally the only nice-looking solution for putting one's vacation rental calendar and a "book now" widget on a dedicated website, but then found it does so much more... Very helpful in terms of managing/consolidating leads from the many different listing...

Pros

Great calendar/booking widget. Enables payment processing. Easy to use quote tool. Outstanding customer support. Extensive feature set. Basic features up and running instantly. Modern/clean design.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve as one would expect from a product that is unique, powerful and customizable. Takes some effort/configuration to get the most out of it. Somewhat hard to use "on the go" as the admin interface works best on desktop browsers. A companion app for mobile would be awesome.

Orbirental is a next generation VR platform at the leading trend of technology

Pros

I have been really impressed by the functionality of the Orbirental Property Management Software. I started a full-service vacation rental business in Coachella Valley, CA approximately 1 year ago, and we have been growing quickly with large 5+ bedroom properties will hotel style amenities all in the Indio/La Quinta area. Orbirental has full integrations with the booking platforms, including Airbnb,...

Cons

Orbirental does not provide a website builder but can help vacation rental management companies build a customer and highly optimized website instead, using their API for data synchronization and payment processing.

Early User...and Hostfully Continues to Add More Relevant Features

Pros

Hostfully has allowed Osa Property Management to grow from managing just a couple of homes and each of us sending out numerous emails during the rental cycle, to now, where we have total calendar control, fully integrated to numerous other sites and auto-triggered communications with renters and travelers.

Cons

I didn't take the time to learn the software early on and under-utilized its functionality. It can do so much, and it is all relatively easy and intuitive, but it just takes some time to study and to practice. The customer service at Hostfully is wonderful!! They are quick to respond to questions and will provide solutions to every question I've had through the years.

Open platform to integrate with other solution providers

Time savings

Pros

I am going from two properties to 5, and from Airbnb only to advertising on multiple channels, therefore I need a software solution. I don't want to start on one platform only to have to redo everything later, so I've spent a lot of time researching. I really like Orbirental for three major reasons: 1) Open platform that allows "bolt-on" integration from other solution providers. Unlike other software...

Cons

Some things are in the works (app, ResortLock integration, insurance integration, but they're all on the near horizon (end of the year/Q1 of 2018). I can wait. I just want to make sure I'm on the best platform that adapts with the times, and from my research there's many software solutions that do vacation rental management well, but I think Orbirental is the most adaptible/growth-centric, and that will be valuable to have as new features and more efficient methods of automation are created in the future.

Affordable PMS Option

Pros

Simple calendar view, multi-channel PMS. Connection to Key Data Dashboard, RemoteLock, Quickbooks, Airbnb, Booking, Homeaway, Wheelhouse.

Cons

Internal web booking site is awful. You really need to build your own external website via Wix or Wordpress and add Hostfully's widgets. Messaging for Airbnb only. Homeaway messaging is not supported. Templates and triggers setup is difficult.

Good, but not great.

Pros

Orbirental is great if you have 5 properties or less and want basic functionality to synchronize your listings with multiple channels. Simple, non cluttered interface and easy to use. New features and tools are forthcoming.

Cons

If you have 6 or more properties, you have to enroll in the "Pro" plan which is more than double the price of their basic "Starter" package, which only requires up to 5 properties.. I think there should be more scaleability and options to match the right plan with your portfolio size and budget.

Hi Sean, Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, we're a bit confused by this review, because for customers with more than 6 properties, we always are happy to discuss a customized and scalable implementation based on your needs. Customers have been happy with the value of the service at the Pro level, and several have even said that our Pro price point is on the low side. For customers that fall in the "middle" (between Starter and Pro) we're happy to discuss a reasonable pricing plan that makes the sense for your business. If you have more questions or feedback, please reach out to us directly: hello@hostfully.com. Sincerely, Margot Schmorak CEO and Co-Founder Hostfully / Orbirental

The Best Kind of PMS Out There!

Even more than the Hostfully Guidebook, the Hostfully PMS/PMP has really, really impacted the professionalism of my business and has helped to eliminate errors associated with my historical system. No more manual entry and much less chance of double-booking potential. Highly recommended!

Pros

I've been using the Orbirental > Hostfully Property Management System for my four-unit, vacation-rental business for the past couple of years. I know I'm not a big user, but the business functionality and "big city" look of the automatically triggered emails paired with the multi-OTA calendar sync paired with the ease of calendar export (to my website showing live-availability) has made my work life infinitely easier...and has helped lead to an awesome work-life balance!

Cons

Like any well-thought-out system, there are a lot of details to get a handle on to best utilize the capabilities. I could use a one-on-one training session at some point.

Orbirental has greatly improved our productivity

Our vacation rental software was becoming obsolete, and we were experiencing growing pains as our apartment portfolio was expending. We looked at several VR management softwares already on the market, but none were really adapted to our agency. By going with one of those platforms, we would have lost time trying to making it work instead of acquiring a tool to make us more efficient. Being part...

Pros

Product is team centric. In sync with our vacation rental agency workflow. Great response from the customer servicer team.

A very promising Vacation Rentals Management platform

Pros

Intuitive interface and dashboard, visual representation of the sales pipeline, APIs and 3rd party software integration, partnerships, guidebooks integration, experienced and friendly support team, dynamic and involved executive team.

Cons

Overall, I wish the user interface were better optimized for mobile devices. The nature of our business is to interact with our customers, owners and service providers in the field and on the move - and smartphones are an essential platform on the go.

Easy to maneuver thru the site

Monthly statements are easy to produce. Entry of new properties is easy

Pros

straight forward good for the smaller company of 15+ properties good friendly support quick response

Cons

sometimes there are glitches just like every software product.

One (sad) year using Orbirental

One year ago I decided to betray my old and robust channel manager Wubook for Orbirental, attracted by its endless features list and the strong discount I was able to negotiate. A reliable channel manager MUST do real-time price changes and inventory updates, while managing hassle-free reservations modifications and deletions, and unfortunately Orbirental is very weak in all of that and doesn't manage...

Pros

The interface's graphics is nice, the calendar is easy to ready, the e-mail templates are useful.

Cons

Everything is buggy and totally unreliable.

This user has been trying to use the Orbirental API to their own custom layer, and seems to be challenged in understanding basic technology. To make matter worse, the user has been continuously sending threatening and insulting communication to our staff, so we decided not to renew their subscription. This retaliatory review was expected, is not substantiated and has been flagged for removal. Readers should feel free to contact us if they have any concerns.

Orbirental is a Great PMS for the Modern Property Manager Looking for a Fully Integrated Solution!

Orbirental has a very automated setup and on boarding process and the team of technicians are there to make sure that everything goes smoothly. The software allows users to easily turn on and off integrations with 3rd party softwares that are extremely useful tools for running a full service property management business with streamlined operations, marketing, guest services, automation and reporting....

Pros

Easy to onboard, efficient to use, automated and extremely powerful for a full service property manager!

Cons

nothing!

Buggy software with no customer support - high business risk

Pros

I like the concept of some of the *advertised* features of the software - direct API connections with Top 4 platforms + a booking widget for your website + the price seemed reasonable.

Cons

You have to set it up yourself. Documentation is dated and poorly written. I managed to get a couple of my Airbnb listings connected BUT the calendar was not syncing properly. I then asked Orbi to do a set up for me - which they agreed to, for a fee. Then the bugs started: - calendar was not syncing properly still - took days to fix that - I had 2 listings in Airbnb which were "linked" (same property)....

This is a fake review and has been reported to Capterra for removal.

Perfect Solution to manage a Vacation Rental Business

I was introduced to Orbirental by our Director who runs a vacation rental business. We had some tough time before, managing multiple lists and schedules - keeping track of the overall business. I got on with the software very quickly for its simplicity and had all data under my fingertips instantly. More importantly, we could invite other agents, sync calendars and prices from some of the top rental sites such as Airbnb and Homeaway. Even had frequent upgrades and other software tools which has made our lives convenient. My Director later on was so impressed we had rebuilt our website through them. Customer interaction is excellent through instant messages or email. Highly recommended!!

Pros

Simple, Property details can be updated easily and syncing data is faster

Cons

We have successfully used Orbirental as booking platform for our vacation rentals for the last year

Orbirental has enabled us to accept direct bookings for our vacation rental properties, reducing our dependency on the big listing platforms.

Pros

We have three Vacation Rental properties, with a dedicated web site for each. We use Orbirental is our back-end for lead management, calendar sync and payment processing for all of our direct bookings. The team at Orbirental has been awesome, whenever I've had a question, they reply back promptly, often within a couple of minutes.

Best Channel Manager on the market

Pros

We went around the market trying to find a solution for our business and we noticed those features with orbirental that sold us : Full unlimited API, automatic payment solutions, integration with third party services, modern and fast interface and cordial support from the whole team. Low price, fast growing company and merging with Hostfully for an even more complete experience.

Cons

- Support not 24/7 (but california business hours) - Small market in Quebec Canada for now - Nothing that is not manageable

Finally, Vacation Rental Booking done right!

After searching for more than 5 years for a VR Booking management system that works the way all property managers dream of, I've finally found the solution with Orbirental. The system automates the booking process in the most sensible, easy and productive way I've ever seen. And the visual tools Orbirental uses to present all stages of the booking process and how your properties are performing...

Just what is needed

Pros

The software is built with the small VR manager in mind. It is easy to use with a great interface. Support is amazing.

Cons

Some aspects are US-centric and do not apply to European users.

Love our new software!

The overall experience has been a very good one, with an online demo and a live Skype call from CEO. It feels like we have joined a great team that is there for us if we need them. This is exactly what we were looking for to build our business. Thank you.

Pros

We are a small vacation rental business building inventory and clients. I most liked the intuitive nature of the platform; I needed very little help to set up my units and populate across multiple channels.

Cons

The option to use SMS texting for triggers and templates, rather than emails is only available in the Pro version which is considerably more costly per year. This option would be nice in the Starter Package.

Great, easy to use program for vacation property managers and hotels

It helps manage my hotel operations.

Pros

Ease of use and partnership and integration with other useful programs/companies. Orbirental customer support is great and always responsive.

Cons

No phone app yet. Some features not available yet but are in the works include more calendar options.

I like it!!!!!

Pros

The software is easy to use and loads in a straight forward manner. The product has a clear crisp design that integrates easily without repetition of product info. Working with the ORBI team has been a delight. They are helpful and open to ideas. I am looking forward to exploring the software further and enjoying the outcome. Thank you Stephan! I have worked with other software in the past that was wayyyy to complicated, outdated and time consuming. ORBI is a breath of fresh air!