inspectcheck Reviews

inspectcheck

Apartment and site inspections for multi-family units

inspectcheck

Review Summary

4.6

Amazing product and great customer support

Program has been amazing would recommend this product to anyone looking for an inspection software.

Pros

Learning curve is very short and the narratives are well written.

Cons

If the report writing software was color coded green, yellow and red it would make it much easier to find sections as you write the report.

The most thorough report available

Inspectcheck.net is great because of the formatting. It allows you to systematically inspect each home the same and reduces the chances of not inspecting any component

Pros

With Inspectcheck.net you are able to deliver a thorough report that the client can easily read that will fully educate the client on the conditions of the home and protect you as a home inspector.

Cons

It is a two step process when uploading pictures in to the report and editing the pictures in the report.

The concept of the reporting software is 1 of the best n the industry. Leads insp. thru step by step

Simple convenience..logical sequential basic reporting software...lacks customization.

Pros

Way software walks the inspector thru each step hand n hand with individual phases of the report. Makes common sense logical approach to the order of ispection items. Red tab indicators work great at keeping track of progress. Really like the different section headers with descriptive pictures which I use as a tool to demonstrate which area I may be referencing especially if weather, light, or location makes seeing the item in person for tour impossible.

Cons

Customization. By far the major issue I have with the software. Customization =speed if I can rearrange items so the ones i use more often are before ones i dont, reword a boiler plate so I don't have to retype every time, automatically include accompanying photo or diagram with a boiler plate, make my own boiler plates, inability to edit item header "door should be replaced" vs I want to write "door...

Thanks Dennis, I think our users would agree with you that our reporting software is the best in the industry! You can customize the report to brand your company. We like to think that each report is specific for your individual client's house, unfortunately many "boiler plates" do not allow for this. Some inspectors keep a list of their own boiler plates and just paste them into the report (right...

Very Detailed And Professional Report. My Clients Love It.

The ability to insert photos and draw on them.

Pros

Continuously Updating. Easy To Navigate. The Software Keeps You Right On Track With The Home Inspection. Clients Love The Report Because It Is Easy To Understand. Very Clear And To The Point.

Cons

Sometimes can be costly If You Make A Mistake. This usually happens when your working with the report online. However you have the option to work offline.

Inspectcheck review

I like how everything can be done from a device.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how you cannot complete the report until everything has been addressed. It gives me peace of mind. I also like how everything can be done from multiple devices.

Cons

I would like to be able change some of the default settings, such as the color I use to write with on pictures, or what appears in the boxes when you select them, and what additional tests you put in the contract. I would also like to be able to charge people through the software easier, like pay by card for a decent fee. I would also feel better if I every time I opened a report it wouldn't say that the report is opened on another browser and that I could use it, regardless of if it is open in another browser or not, and if i saved it or not.

Thanks Jared for the great review. Actually you can change the text color for picture comments. Click on the solid color box in the top command picture menu. There are many different colors you can use. Also, the message you are receiving is because the report was not "saved & Closed' and then you must "logout" from inspectcheck when you are finished working on a report. This is just a reminder. We are in the process of integrating with ISN, which will give you the ability to invoice clients and track the payment. Thanks again, Dave Clark, inspectcheck.net

I have used inspectcheck for about 16 years first paper forms, and now electronic form. ,for the mos

ease of use

Pros

Inspectcheck is an easy system to use. Very informative, and to the point. leaves no stone un turned. Clients are impressed with the quality of the report.

Cons

It is internet based. Some areas do not have good internet service. When this is the case the possibility of losing a signal is always on your mind. If a mistake is made the inspector may not be able to retrieve his report until a signal is restored.

Thanks Andy, Many inspectors complete reports off-line and email the report after establishing an internet connection.

The program is very user friendly. I have been using it for all my inspections .

Being able to finish and email my report directly to my client. Also able to store all reports in the cloud with no worries about having to store them or go find them if needed. A couple of quick taps of the buttons and you have the report in front of you

Pros

It's user friendly. You watch the tutorial and your read to use it. The program is set up the way you would do an inspection. You can add pictures and text to a particular that you are looking at. It reminds you if you haven't finished a section before you move on. You have everything you need to do a proper inspection and are able to give your client a quality report as soon as you are done. All you do is email it. This program was designed by a professional home inspector for home inspectors, it's a great product.

Cons

Thanks Peter, We are constantly trying to make our product as user friendly and comprehensive as possible.

I have found Inspectcheck.net reporting system to be very easy, thorough and a pleasure to use.

Pros

What I like about the software is that it will not let you close out a section unless all items have been checked, this eliminates chances of omitting items. I also like the ability to add and edit photos as I go along or the option of using a stock photo to further explain an issue. But to me what is most helpful is knowing I can always get a response to ANY questions I may have from an extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Cons

some hangups that have slowed me down but with additionl time spent on it I have found work arounds

cloud storage and no more cumbersome binders to store.

Pros

love being able to insert pics right into the report and easily being able to jump from section to section to make corrections and edits.

Cons

as advertised it can be used on or off line. when off line I seem to have trouble uploading pictures for some reason and to combat this issue I have to always have my phone set to create a hot spot for constant on line connection which in turn kicks me off often and I have to set it all up again which takes time and slows thing down.

Thanks David, You can complete the report off-line, however since we resize, sharpen and automatically stamp the text on the photos in our cloud, you need to be on line to insert photos (not take them). Refer to the tutorial, slide 62.

Excellent product and support

Pros

This reporting system covers the entire scope of areas necessary under law for a report buy a NYS inspector. Every area is finished and detailed for the client, this makes the report writing very user friendly.

Cons

Some of the item descriptions that auto doll are a bit to detailed. Sometimes I find myself deleting auto filled items so as not to alarm everyone.

Starting my 3rd year as an independent home inspector

Helps to provide a step by step process for home inspection. Generates professional looking reports.

Pros

Reports have a good professional look. All of my required information is automatically inserted into each report. There is a spot for an agent(s) information. Most items are easy to edit.

Cons

Some of the areas / section can be a little difficult for a "laymen" to read through. Compared to other reports, more photograph oriented may be easier for clients to understand. Adding text to photos sometimes requires manipulation to make it easy to read.

Works great

I don't have to carry a book and I can keep reports on my computer.

Pros

I don't have to carry a book and rip pages out of it. It has all the information you need to do a proper and accurate report and then send an email to my client.

Cons

Need to address the Conflicts with yahoo and gmail. Some repeat boxes. Sometimes you have to go back to categories after you inspect certain areas of the house to finish the category.

Thanks Russ for the outstanding review! Sometimes the security protocol from certain email providers do not recognize the report email and mark it as spam. We always recommend downloading the report and sending it directly from your business email. It will also be branded with your business information. Thanks again.

Best software

Pros

Easy to use and for clients to read and understand

Cons

Could use a commercial inspection option

Thanks Dan for the great review. We do have a commercial inspection option that can be found in your personal dashboard. This is a completely fillable form that can be attached to your final PDF report. Dave Clark, inspectcheck.net

Ease of use. Attaching photos a breeze.

SAVES my company TIME & MONEY

Pros

Covers everything. Cant miss a section. Protects me and my client from any legal matters. The traffic signal colors of green, yellow and red makes the report easy to understand. GREAT REPORT!!

Cons

This reporting system is is easy to use and produces excellent home inspection narrative reports.

Pros

The biggest pro is that inspectcheck will not let you finish and and create a PDF if the HI neglected to report on one or more of the required inspection areas. It tells you what you need to do to complete the report. For the most part, the flow of the interactive report in progress follows the physical flow of an HI doing his/her inspection, so you don't need to jump around in a reporting section to find the items you're looking at. The ancillary services make it easier managing reports & clients. If you're in on-line mode then it's very easy to add photos in a section with your device.

Cons

No significant cons. It would be helpful if there were more high quality graphics in the online library to quickly add as visual aides, but we can add from our files if necessary. Learning the offline mode idiosyncrasies takes some time, but it's time well spent.

Inspect check home inspection software

Pros

familiar with software, easy to use, professional report

Cons

need more flexibility to delete features like no chimney to eliminate 2 pages of work.

My review

Love it

Pros

Ease of use and short learning curve.

Cons

Sometimes it takes pictures a long time to upload an sometimes they get reflected and you have to retry.

All the info you need in one easy to use platform!

Pros

It has everything I need, so when I forget something, I know it and can be sure to cover it. It's very helpful because I can get easily distracted and miss things.

Cons

It doesn't work great on all mobile browsers, so make sure you test drive it with your preferred browser.

Thanks Nicole, We recommend using the default browser for your device, ex; IPad - Safari, Samsung - (default browser), MS Surface or PC tablet - Internet Explorer / The Edge, MacBook - Safari, PC - Internet Explorer / The Edge. Some third party browsers may not work as well as the default browsers.

I have used this software when doing my training for my home inspectors license..

Ease of use and a professional look for my clients.

Pros

I like the fact that you really can't mess up when using it. It will not allow you to go to the next section without completing and/or bypassing a section. It keeps you in check. I like the picture features and the fact that you can draw on them to point issues out on them.

Cons

A complete and comprehensive reporting system and great customer service.

Professional, comprehensive reporting system for residential home inspections.

Pros

Organization and editing tools that enhance report. The ability to include images and highlight points of interest.

Cons

Transitioning between online and offline reporting. Initially, had difficulty learning how to use offline without losing information.

This system works great. I have tried several and inspectcheck is the most thorough.

Pros

Very detailed. I like how u can use it offline. The ability to edit pictures and have access to a picture database is very usefull as well

Cons

Since it is so detailed it takes longer to check all the boxes. Would be nice to be able to lump certain categories together.