MRI Software Logo
MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

visit website

MRI Software Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.09/10

See full reviews by rating

I like the software because it is easy to use and implement. But the greatest benefit in my mind is the customer support and customization that is available.
MRI has a great vendor partnership that allows the vendor to seamlessly integrate their software with MRI's databases. You get the best of both worlds.
I've had CallMax/MRI on my multi site properties for years, I love the option of texting and emailing blasts to residents and pricing is very reasonable. I like the automated answering service too.
I have requested a Subject Access Report which they have totally ignored and are the most rude, arrogant and unhelpful company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
I doubt MRI will reduce annual cost to make up for the loss of a program that we are receiving and paying for with the current software. Billing detail could be clearer.
The call back feature that blocks the personal number is only available in the emergency maintenance mailbox. All other mailboxes it shows the phone number.

MRI Software users...

Yardi Voyager-logocaret

Yardi Voyager

Sage 100cloud-logocaret

Sage 100cloud

IRIO-logocaret

IRIO

How would you rate MRI Software?

MRI Software Makes Our Business Run

Transcript

Benjamin S.: Hi, my name is Benjamin. I'm a marketing coordinator in the real estate slash multi-family...

Easier than previous answering service!

It's nice not having to turn the answering service on and off every morning and evening or anytime I leave the office. I also love that it gives the caller a choice to help direct their call to whoever will be able to address their concern or answer their question through a message. I like that we can send a rapid response without having to call every person back in the event of a maintenance emergency.

Pros

I like that I can set it up in advance and schedule who will be notified when a call comes in and that it's automatically going to answer rather than me having to turn it on and off every time I will be out of the office.

Cons

Some of the features were confusing at first but I was able to play around and figure it out with some use.

Everything I need right at my finger tips!

MRI is a great management software, but lacks things I was looking for like self teaching tutorials.

Pros

I have a variety of reports available to help me track rents, delinquency, budgets, and much more.

Cons

I feel you must have training to fully use this software, it is not self learner friendly.

Hi Teresa, Thanks for giving us a thoughtful review! I'm happy to hear that the reports have the flexibility you're looking for. I'm sorry you haven't gotten the training resources you need. We have a variety of training options available that I'd be happy to connect you with. Could you please email me at matt.harrell@mrisoftware.com and I will point you to the correct resources? Best, Matt Harrell MRI Software

Best Accounting Software out there

It's very user friendly, has more options than you would probably ever use and it's somewhat reasonably priced compared to Yardi.

Pros

We use it for our accounting for tenants and payables. This is the most user friendly software there is out there for property management. My favorite by far.

Cons

It is not as compatable with other systems like Yardi is that's why people tend to use Yardi more than MRI.

Thank you for the great review, Rebecca! We are thrilled to hear you're happy with our user-friendly property management software and are proud you call our solution a favorite! We look forward to serving you and your team for many years to come! -The MRI Team

Pros and Cons of MRI

I have been using MRI for 15+ years. I find it to be very dependable and is growing with the industry

Pros

MRI software is user friendly. It oesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but the basics work. Other products that have all the bells and whistles fail with the basics.

Cons

Report design is difficult, tutorials are not helpful. MRI support is very slow to respond and could take weeks or longer for a resolution.

Hello Denise, thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy our user-friendly platform. We appreciate your feedback regarding support and tutorials. We will be in contact with you and the team to remediate this.

New User

The customer service is great. The program works for our daily Housing Authority needs.

Pros

It's simple to use and you can find things pretty easy. Entering applications, making rent payments, along with work orders are easy to do. Still learning what all the program has to offer.

Cons

Notes in tenant files should be easier to find under Occupancy. Receipts shouldn't be numbered unless posted the payment-it renumbers when you "X" out (hit a wrong button etc.). A small video tutorial for new users that can be sent when setting up logins-auto sends?

Hello Melissa, Thank you so much for taking the time to review MRI Software! We are glad to hear you enjoy our customer service and user friendly platform. Thank you for your feedback on the tenant files! We will pass your suggestions along to the team!

Great Accounting Real Estate Software

I have used other software, and MRI is a great overall software for accounting use in real estate. Rather happy.

Pros

I like the windows version of MRI as its very user friendly and fast. The reporting and windowed setup is great for running multiple reports over and over. Everything is where it should be.

Cons

I dislike that they are migrating to a newer web based design. For what we use the software for, the windows version operates quicker and is more efficient. Every time there is an update though, there seems to be more issues than fixes.

A must-have for residential real estate

Pros

So many features! I'm a numbers guy, so my favorite feature is definitely the robust reporting. I can always stay on top of property performance and cut the data however I want. The challenge is making sure that data gets where it needs to be (making sure the team inputs it in a timely manner)

Cons

It still feels a bit dated from our resident's perspective. They're used to using apps like Uber, Lyft, Instagram, etc. with great UX and a modern feel. MRI still feels "dated" in comparison. It's also very expensive. We think it's worth it for our needs, but we definitely have to have a conversation every year when we're planning our budget.

Without MRI, it would be impossible to manage our properties!

Pros

I love the organization MRI used to keep our property running smoothly. I love that I can pull a boxscore to review our leads and know where our traffic is coming from. The reports make it easy to keep up with the multiple things going on at a property. This software keeps you updated, has too many wonderful features to list, and should be used at every property management company!

Cons

Because of the in-depth and multi-functional system, MRI can take some time getting used to and time learning. After some practice, MRI will be your best friend and you will wonder how you did it without it!

MRI GREAT SOFTWARE FOR FINANCIALS AND RECORD KEEPING

Overall, i have been using this software for years. The updates keeps you on trend with what you need to know and making your life easier for accounting and record keeping.

Pros

MRI is user friendly and easy to learn. There are many different was to use the software from accounting to record keeping.

Cons

Some of the functions that you think will work for you, don't always do what you want them to do. This can make things more time consuming and complicated.

MRI: Where would we be without it?

I love using this daily. It keeps our property organized and allows our business to run smoothly.

Pros

This software allows us to track prospects/residents at our property, run reports, keep records easily, and keep up with work orders all in one!

Cons

Sometimes, MRI can freeze or lag, like any software. It corrects itself and then works fine. It also takes some time to learn; however, it’s not complicate and you catch onto it quickly.

Boston Post Review

program does what it is intended for.

Pros

Product is very user friendly for the end user.

Cons

Program has several instances that could be minimized by the number of steps it takes to get to the end.

Thank you for your great review, Peggy! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some kind words about us! We are happy to hear you enjoy our user friendly platform and your feedback on the product. We will circulate it back to the team!

Great customer support

MRI holds alot of date and we are working to be able to export the data in a user format.

Pros

The customer support is great. They are able to help with mostly any question! All you have to do is call the 1800 number.

Cons

The bach reports are nice, but it would be great if there was a way to change the date on the whole batch, not have to go I to each report within the batch to enter the date.

MRI User Review

My experience has overall been positive.

Pros

It is user friendly and has good reports and a big fan of the budgeting module.

Cons

In the MRIX I don't care for the bank reconciliation feature compared to the Windows version.

Thank you for your great review, Oscar! We are happy to hear you're experience overall has been positive! We appreciate your feedback on the bank reconciliation feature - we will circle that back to the team.

Great for helpdesk

It is a very good software for helpdesk use, could do a bit on an improvement on the vision reporting. It could improve the delay on receiving work orders on mobiles.

Pros

It is easy to use, you don't need to open multiple windows as all info and tabs are accessible. Easy to export to excel. Arranging columns and search option.

Cons

The mobile service is really slow, main system crashes every now and then and does run slow.

Great Tool for Collections and Work Orders

Pros

The update has really made it easier to use/access. It has dual functioning for rent collection, past resident rental record, vacancy, integration with leasing systems, and work order management.

Cons

It's difficult to learn for new users on the admin side. There's always a report I want to pull but it's not an available report in the system.

Preferred Property Management Accounting software

Have always been trained by my company users. Not sure if MRI offers training directly for users, but would like be a more valuable perk or selling point if it were included with the license.

Pros

Various reporting functions and able to customize reports tailored to specific owners.

Cons

Not the most user friendly. I have used the software for over 12 years now and still learning new things.

MRI Review

easy to use.

Pros

User friendly. System support is excellent.

Cons

Aged delinquency report processing time is too long.

Hello Danny, Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some words about our software. We're happy to hear you love our support and enjoy our user friendly interface! We will follow up with you regarding your aged delinquency report as we take this feedback seriously.

mri

All together I like using MRI and it has everything you need right at your fingertips!

Pros

You have all your information on one software that is easy to search. within seconds you can go from editing vendor information to entering a payment.

Cons

The software has everything you need but the way you correct and change information is very outdated.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review Jordan! We are thrilled that we were able to earn a 5-star review from you! We would love the opportunity to address your feedback regarding the process by which you change and correct information. Feel free to contact me or your account rep and we will make sure your feedback is considered for upcoming product enhancements. Best, Matt Harrell MRI Software

Been using this software for more than 20 years very user friendly

Automation, structure, speed.

Pros

Modules are very easy to use. Admin role is very straight forward especially for user security. Able to fix quite a few things behind the scenes through SQL.

Cons

WEB side a bit cumbersome not as fast as the windows. Budgeting module lacking needed reports. Recoveries module not as user friendly as the rest of the software.

Great product - but overpriced

User friendly with great customer support.

Pros

The windows version is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate around, run reports, and pull up booked data

Cons

Our company loves the ease of the product, however it's very pricey. We only don't use it to its full capacity, so it would be nice if they would break down their pricing based off customer usage.

MRI is a lifesaver!

Amazing! I can schedule appointments and follow ups, keep notes on my residents, pull reports, and keep up with my properties numbers for everything!

Pros

MRI allows my property to keep up with prospects, current tentants, and their accounting. The reports you are able to pull with this software enables you to find out anything you need to know about our property!

Cons

MRI can be tricky to learn as far as the different codes and pages it has; although, once you have it, you can’t live without it!

Been using MRI for almost 10 years

Able to run reports with ease; Is user-friendly. Support is always available.

Pros

Ease of setting up resident files; accessibility of reports and ease of running reports. Ease of processing statement of deposits; works well and integrates well with other software products.

Cons

Works slowly and program often freezes.

Easy to Use - Property Management Software

By using the MRI Software I am able to easily follow through with my job and look up accounts with ease through the collections process

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use interface switching between different aspects of the software

Cons

Sometimes pulling reports can be slow, site times out often

Powerful Software

Overall I do enjoy MRI's ability to process such large volumes of data, though it does require regular maintenance to maintain optimal experience in an ever-changing market.

Pros

It can handle high volumes of data. The reporting is rather customizable as a general comment, and glitches are easily resolved.

Cons

Occasionally it does glitch, in which random/obvious side effects can occur when posting charges, etc, but they are usually easy to resolve.

Not just for Property Management

I've used MRI for over 10 years. When taking a new position with a real estate firm, that does not do PM, I pushed to change systems from MAS90 to MRI. Such a great change! The functionality of the system is wonderful, and we love how we can run consolidated reports.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Nothing about the software, however I don't love the annual increases we pay to use it.