All categories

Reviews Summary

Richard B.

Colleen K.

Read the full review
We use MRI for our Housing Data Base. I have found it to be extremely helpful, and the tech support team is absolutely amazing.

Kelly T.

Read the full review

Cons

Most of our staff has learned to just wait and speak with her rather than bother with other customer support staff. We've all found Chad to be rude and unhelpful on every occasion.

Jaime R.

Read the full review
Also, it would let half information process in the system (such as work order with no info or category) this should have popped up w/ error box to be able to submit.

Jason S.

Read the full review
Change is scary - but sometimes you just have to leap.

Rhiannon D.

4.4

MRI Software Makes Our Business Run

Vendor management and reporting for over seven years

Pros

I like that MRI interface is user-friendly and the reports are easy to run. I also like that the reports can be exported to PDF as well as Excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Since my company has been using the web-based version of MRI, MRI X, it has increased the start up time. When before it took a couple of seconds for the program to load, it can take up to 1-2 minutes for it to load now. Not too bad, but it can seem like forever when you need to run a report or enter a new vendor in a rush.

MRI is very easy to use!

I like this platform loads better than OneSite because of the ease of access of information and reports

Pros

I like that it is easy for first time leasing agents to navigate.

Cons

lead tracking could use a bit of an update

Hello Brittany, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoy our easy user experience and interface! It is great to know that is ultimately why you chose to switch back to MRI Software. We look forward to many more years together!

MRI Software Makes Our Business Run

Overall, MRI Software makes our multifamily, commercial and accounting silos run smoothly, as it has been ingrained in our business processes for well over a decade. While it can be difficult to get working integrations, as well as the overall license cost being at the highest end of the industry, we can't envision using any other property software in the near or long term.

Pros

The majority of our employee base has been trained on one or more MRI Software products, so just on familiarity and knowledge-base alone having MRI is an absolute must. The amount of modules available for almost every business process there is in our industry is a huge plus. MRI Software is willing to develop/integrate with pretty much any partner out there for a price, which is great. The reports available in MRI are unmatched with any other software we've seen in this space. Support is great and highly knowledgable.

Cons

MRI Software is at the highest end of pricing in the industry. The software is complex and not the easiest to learn. While they are willing to integrate with a wide variety of partners, they can sometimes put the cart before the horse with these, meaning their Development teams tend to roll an integration out without fully testing or anticipating potential issues.

MRI Software

Pros

Offers a lot of tools that we need for our daily accounting.

Cons

Constant bugs, updates, only select support staff seems to know what they're doing when we have to call in.

Hi Michelle, I'm glad that you've been able to use our tools for some of your daily accounting tasks! I am sorry to hear that you've had a less than stellar experience with our support. One of our core values is "Strive to Amaze" and I hate to hear that we haven't met that expectation for you. Could you please shoot me a quick note with your email address and phone number? I want to make sure all of your issues are resolved. I can be reached at matt.harrell@mrisoftware.com. Best, Matt Harrell Marketing Manager MRI Software

Taking the next step in productivity

Overall, I am very pleased with MRI. It has streamlined our processes and protocols. We are much more efficient.

Pros

The software makes it easier to see our company as a whole. With multiple entities it was cumbersome to continuously jump back and forth between opening company files. Everything now is just a click of the button. I have real time data to work with and it has made my team much more productive in our daily tasks.

Cons

The implementation was not the best. The training process was a little difficult with doing things via web training, etc. I feel like there is so much more that MRI can do for us that we do not know about. I learned about certain items from other webinars since our implementation and have had to go back and set them up on my own. The trainers also do not have accounting knowledge so when you ask something accounting related it sometimes gets lost in translation.

Hello Tenille, Thank you so much for taking some time to leave us a stellar review! We are very happy to hear your are pleased with our software an enjoy our user friendly interface. We take your feedback regarding training seriously and will be in contact with you and your team to better serve you as a valued partner! Here's to many more years working together!

MRI Review

We use MRI for AR and Budget and Forecasting the product allows us to store and capture data at the tenant level and roll-up the data to accounts before we transfer to the General Ledger.

Pros

The product is relatively easy to use we do encounter turnover and we are able to bring train users very quickly. MRI does allow for customization we do require customizations to meet the needs of our business. Also the support required for MRI is minimal compared to other options.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting enhanced currently we use other 3rd party applications for reporting because the standard MRI reporting does not meet our needs.

Hello Herb, Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear our Budgeting and Forecasting software serves your needs and is easily customizable. We would love to address your concerns regarding reporting and will circle this back with the team to ensure you have a better experience moving forward.

Diane's Review

I love it. But Yardi has a few things better than MRI.

Pros

Easier to use than Yardi. MRI reports are prettier than Yardi.

Cons

Drop Down boxes in AP does not work. It is easier to drill down in Yardi. Stacking Plans are hard to read. Stacking Plans can not download to excel. Printing Income Statement - suppress zeros does not work for our Custom Report. Yardi downloads to excel are 100% better than MRI.

Hello Diane, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your kind words and to provide feedback on the product. I will pass along your concerns on the drop down boxes and Excel functionality to your account manager to ensure your user experience continues to be the best. Here's to many more years together!

Good Product

Good product for office and retail properties.

Pros

Very user friendly and meets all of our needs.

Cons

Customer support is slow sometimes and there are a few glitches that never seem to get cleared up but you can usually find a work around

Hello Patricia, Thank you for taking some time to leave us a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you experience with MRI over the last couple years has been superior and you find our product to be user friendly! We take your words regarding our customer support very seriously and will circle around to ensure your experience is nothing less than perfect moving forward.

Happy Software is great.

Housing Pro is very helpful for managing our housing program.

Pros

All the reports that are generated by the software are top notch.

Cons

Sometimes it fails when sending files to the HUD/PIC website. But other than that no problems.

Thank you for your fantastic review, Gregory! Your kind words mean so much to us! We are thrilled to hear your experience with our reporting capabilities has been top notch and we look forward to many more years together.

Challenging but effective

I use MRI as a commercial real estate administrator manage accounts payable and accounts receivable. It has helped me deliver clear and accurate reports to my managers, clients and tenants and once you get used to navigating it - which can take awhile - it is one of the most important tools of my job.

Pros

MRI provides an accurate, in-depth view of financial data. It has multiple functions and there are many, many different types of reports that you can run, making it a versatile and steadfast financial tool. I like the ability to run quick rent rolls, ledgers, aged reports and variance analysis which are reports that I need everyday to do my job.

Cons

MRI is not as easy to learn as Yardi and you have to be very careful with your parameters or the report will fail to generate. This can get frustrating when you don't realize which parameter is incorrect. I have also had multiple issues with reports failing to generate through no fault of the parameters set and depending on the size of the report it sometimes can take as long as a few minutes to load.

MRI Software Review

We have a fairly small real estate company. We only do commercial properties in MRI currently (not multi-family yet). We decided to start using MRI upon forming the company knowing we were growing rapidly. We only have about 250 commercial leases so the total software cost is probably expensive on a per lease basis but it is well worth having it in place now instead of using something cheaper and then having to do a large complex implementation. My overall experience with MRI is positive and would recommend to anyone in the industry.

Pros

Been a user of MRI for many years. I implemented it twice at two different companies but have used it at three companies. I have used web and windows version. I like the software because it is easy to use and implement. But the greatest benefit in my mind is the customer support and customization that is available. MRI has always been very responsive to helping me address my needs whether it be an issue with the software, a mistake I made or a customization question.

Cons

I wish the communication center was quicker. We use the web version and sometimes the reports take several minutes to become available and sometimes the messages don't appear at all and we have to logout and get back in to reset.

Hello Colleen, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have used MRI Software in your various positions and enjoy our stellar customer support! We look forward to working with you for many more years to come!

Change is scary - but sometimes you just have to leap!

Over the course of 12 years and major changes on the MRI side - things haven't always been sunshine and rainbows but I have to say that MRI listens to its clients. They don't always get things right in the beginning but they have always taken our feedback and used it to evolve their offerings. We have worked with a number of other 'industry-leading' software companies and have never had the kind of interactive experience we have had at MRI.

Pros

We migrated from DOS based proprietary software in 2008 to a combined MRI/BostonPost platform. Change is scary and difficult but our experience during implementation was amazing. The implementation team walked us through each area to make sure our end result was exactly as we wanted it!

Cons

Growing pains have been the only real negative issue - but that is expected when you have been with a company that is constantly evolving for 12 years! MRI has a laser-like focus on constantly bringing the software to the next level, but we aren't always ready to level-up so we can see the new tools available but aren't quite able to use them yet - and that is really a reflection of our company, not MRI.

Thank you for the extraordinary review, Rhiannon! We appreciate your partnership and honest feedback. As you mentioned in your review, we are constantly trying to improve based on our clients needs and we are ecstatic to know you've seen it first hand. We will continue to be here for you and your team and look forward to the journey together!

MRI SOFTWARE - REVIEW FROM PUBLIC HOUSING PERSPECTIVE

MRI is always willing to listen to what we would like to do. They see if their software can adapt to our "wish list" of changes. MRI has involved the users to come up with screen design and software design to help make our jobs easier and the software better.

Pros

Our previous software vendor, Tenmast, was purchased by MRI. Seeing what software was being developed for the Public Housing arena was great. Many features of MRI's current real estate software is being incorporated into our existing software and new products are coming out. MRI has a great vendor partnership that allows the vendor to seamlessly integrate their software with MRI's databases. You get the best of both worlds. A vendor's software that works against your core business software. The vendor selection is fantastic. MRI has also rolled out new features for the Public Housing market that is helping us get our jobs done better and faster. We can't wait for the newest software to come out.

Cons

We have not been able to take full advantage of the MRI software as this is being worked on now. The release date is not until sometime in mid 2021. I see so many features in MRI plus their reports that I could utilize now but must wait.

Thank you for your excellent review, Richard! We are excited to welcome you to the MRI family. We are happy to hear the partnership we created with Tenmast has been beneficial for you and we look forward to increasing our capabilities and growing our relationship with you and your team!

Okay product

Service is good.

Pros

It does the job, however wanted much more flexibility and functionality. To date we have been disappointed.

Cons

Though it would be easier to use. It is not intuitive.

Hello Joseph, Thank you for taking some time to leave us a review. We are happy you enjoy our customer service, but your other comments concern us. I have passed along your feedback to your account manager. We hope to speak with you soon.

No customer service since ownership changes and a complete lack of understanding during lockdown

When they changed to MRI they changed the way they accepted payments. However they omitted to tell me that 1. They had been bought over by this company from America. 2. They had cancelled the quarterly direct debit and then sent a huge bill. 3. Refused to pause their system during lockdown despite the fact that we were not allowed to write new business. 4. When I asked them for proof that they had...

Pros

It was a good package and the site I paid for to built was excellent as was their help but this is when they were Thesaurus when they were bought over by MRI this all changed unfortunately!

Cons

Liked most of it and the team Thesaurus BEFORE THEY WERE BOUGHT OVER were most helpful

Manage Your Investments - The Right Way

Pros

I love that MRI Software allows your to be the owner of your own product. As an Admin and End User, you are in control of the way your data is updated and portrayed even to 3rd party investors. The software allows you to customize and choose your own modules and experience.

Cons

Due to the ever growing nature of MRI's business, there are always updates and new modules to implement or test. While this is exciting and change is inevitable in any software, it can also be overwhelming and chaotic/rushed at times.

Hello Melissa, Thank you so much for taking some time to leave a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you love the flexibility our software provides and they ability to customize of our software to fit your needs! We hear you loud and clear regarding the ever-growing nature of our business and will take your comments to improve this.

Intuitive and easy to use and manage.

Pros

This product is easy to navigate through for end users. There is a wide variety of App add-ons available to expand based on your needs, with many that integrate seamlessly. Above all else, the Customer support is OUTSTANDING!! There is always a pleasant, knowledgeable voice on the other end to assist you in a timely manner. MRI is always working on incidents within the system and releasing CMU's.

Cons

As an Administrator, I would like to have more access in the training portal to administer users and see some improvements made to the Training modules. In regards to the courses themselves, the videos need to be edited in order for them to register as being completed properly and it would be beneficial to have the next courses start automatically. Users are confused when trying to navigate through courses and the site in general.

Has MRI acquired too many companies

Pros

MRI acquired a number of Housing Authority software companies. We still are using the software we originally purchased (HAB Inc.) until the new platform is rolled out. The support has been excellent. I have been told the new platform is user friendly. MRI allowed us to change our contract to the same time period as our fiscal year.

Cons

New software package will not include payroll. Sounds like we need to pay for or do business with another company for payroll. I doubt MRI will reduce annual cost to make up for the loss of a program that we are receiving and paying for with the current software. Billing detail could be clearer.

Thank you so much for taking some time to review us, Louise! I am happy to hear support has been exceptional. We are excited to have you on board!

MRI Software - for asset management services

Our experience with MRI Software was, at first, touch and go. There were changes in staff and changes in client managers. Once we achieved consistency on the back-end, our experience has been much more beneficial. Our asset management needs have been met by the various pages that can be built out, all of the reports that we can generate with different fields, and the functions that we are able to use with ease on a daily basis.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that you can add as many functions as you want, and have that functionality specifically tailored to your business needs.

Cons

What I (and my team) like the least about this software is how it seems that some of the bugs or fixes that we need completed ASAP take much longer than they should. If there is just one bug that is causing a problem in our reports, we have to submit a ticket which then gets put into a developer queue. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for what seems like it should be an easy fix.

Great Product! Great Customer Service!

This takes care of answering service for all my multi-site communities, plus texting and/or email blasts to residents is a great plus, the package app is a wonderful tool although we've stopped taking packages temporarily due to COVID-19, we will start using it again once this is over.

Pros

I've had CallMax/MRI on my multi site properties for years, I love the option of texting and emailing blasts to residents and pricing is very reasonable. I like the automated answering service too. Customer Service is great, any issues either I or my managers have had is always handled quickly.

Cons

Can't think of anything I dislike about it.

Thank you so much for your excellent review, Cheryl! We are ecstatic to hear you love our Callmax product and are able to use all of its functionality to its full potential! We look forward to many more years together!

MRI Software

I have had consistently great customer support from MRI going all the way back to 2004!

Pros

MRI Software is highly customizable using the built-in toolkit. Integrations are easy to manage using built-in or custom APIs. The ecosystem is very flexible based on your needs, anything from a single server to a large multi-server farm or setup your environment with the MRI SaaS services.

Cons

Multi-database support can be a little challenging. Software updates are always system wide.

Thank you for taking some time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have been with us since 2004 and have enjoyed our great customer support since then! Thank you for mentioning our flexible ecosystem and highly customization platform. We look forward to another 16 years working together!

Service is the Key

Excellent. We are getting service when we need it.

Pros

There are lots of good software available for housing and redevelopment authorities, but the key to making it work is the service behind the software. MRI Software gives us that service. Also, they are always innovating and that is much appreciated. Time can go by fast and before you know it, you are working with obsolete software if innovation is not constant.

Cons

Sometimes we would appreciate a little bit more interaction with MRI.

Thank you for your great review, Randal! We are ecstatic to hear you are happy with our customer service and appreciate our innovative nature! We look forward to interacting with you and your team more in the future.

MRI Callmax

I have had no issues with MRI and our customer service person, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Pros

1.We really like that you can get messages so many different ways. 2. We like that it records the call between maintenance and the resident on emergency calls. 3. It is great that you can record a message if you have a temporary change.

Cons

1. The call back feature that blocks the personal number is only available in the emergency maintenance mailbox. All other mailboxes it shows the phone number.

Thank you so much for your review, April! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the overall features of our products and think our customer service is awesome! We look forward to continuing our partnership for years to come.

My Review LOL

Pros

I think its very user friendly. I wish it were a little easier to navigate between different sections. It would be awesome if we in occupancy and were able to jump over to that tenants TARS page, instead of having to do a search in both.

Cons

My least favorite part is the utility allowance module. It isn't very user friendly.

Hello Kelly, Thank you for your outstanding review and ratings!! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased overall with our platform and we certainly appreciate the feedback you provided below! We are constantly looking for ways to improve for our customers.

Easier than previous answering service!

It's nice not having to turn the answering service on and off every morning and evening or anytime I leave the office. I also love that it gives the caller a choice to help direct their call to whoever will be able to address their concern or answer their question through a message. I like that we can send a rapid response without having to call every person back in the event of a maintenance emergency.

Pros

I like that I can set it up in advance and schedule who will be notified when a call comes in and that it's automatically going to answer rather than me having to turn it on and off every time I will be out of the office.

Cons

Some of the features were confusing at first but I was able to play around and figure it out with some use.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.