MRI Software Logo

MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

MRI Software Reviews - Page 2

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

MRI is straightforward and easy to use

Overall, MRI is very easy to learn to use and can be a valuable source of information. However, sometimes the parameters get funky when layering in less concrete data like psychographic or behavioral segments and the data does not seem entirely accurate.

Pros

MRI is very user intuitive and allows you to layer multiple audience traits over one another to define audience size without having to export your data over and over and pivot it. There's a lot you can do and see within the software itself, which really helps save time when you want to just look at a bunch of different options without having to wait for a new export to generate. I like the click and drag functionality.

Cons

It could definitely have more behavioral/psychographic options. Sometimes the behavioral/psychographic traits that are provided are far too specific to apply to an entire audience and it can skew your results; others are far too vague and provide conditions that almost all audiences would fall under. More niche breakouts within HHI and demo would also be helpful. Lastly, I think adding a Save option for some of these pulls would be helpful - the save option did not work for me.

FN

Faith N.

MRI Software helps

Pros

We use MRI Software for our after-hours calls and answering service. It keeps everyone in the loop and keeps us connected when we need to be.

Cons

Sometimes the messages don't come through completely, calls drop.

MM

Marlene M.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

MRI Software

We maintain all our property accounting records in MRI and run all our property reports from MRI software.

Pros

the accounting is targeted for commercial real estate

Cons

complexity of some features especially the budgeting and forecast modules.

PD

Patricia D.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

5 years with MRI Software

I use MRI Software to manage our fixed assets. I can look up net book value, disposal costs, depreciation, and create ad-hoc reports with ease.

Pros

The integration process was fairly easy. The software is very user friendly and the customer service is the best I've ever seen for such a product.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software.

Hello Patricia, Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear you love our Fixed Assets Software and the integration process was easy. Thank you for taking some time to leave your kind words we appreciate it! We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

JD

Jean D.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

How do I run a GL Report for Specific GL codes?

It could be even better if I could learn how to be a more powerful user, for instance, generating reports that show the results of multiple properties at once. I am just limited on the time I have available to train as a busy asset manager.

Pros

I am a user of financial data as an asset manager, so, I really like having access to MRI so I can generate my own financial reports. I get financial reports delivered to me in PDF, believe it or not, so if I want to create them in Excel I can do that easily.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to run a GL report for specific GL codes only - I usually have to ask the accountant for that. Somehow the GL codes either have a different format or some preceding letters or something that makes it impossible to type in the magic combination to get the data I need. There is no helpful hint or no intuitive suggestion about how to figure it out.

RK

Ryan K.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

MRI Works Great

Pros

Easy to calculate CAM's track leases and apply collections

Cons

Tables make some corrections or adjustments cumbersome

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great Software, Easy to Learn

Pros

MRI web is pretty est to use. There a minimal steps compared to MRI windows. User interface looks really nice and is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

When something goes wrong (latency, reports not updating correctly, etc.) it can take some time for MRI to fix it on the back end. It's also quite difficult to communicate with their customer support team. I feel like they all have 80% knowledge of the software and often you "figure it out together".

JS

Jamaula S.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Accounting Gone Wild

I would let you make your own inference but as far as mine… 1 star out of 5!

Pros

Information integrated with Yardi well but other than that 1 star

Cons

Everything about this software was wrong!! As an Assistant Manager it makes my job more difficult and harder.

EP

Emily P.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used MRI software for Residential and Commercial

I didn't see any problems with the MRI software - I used it daily.

Pros

I liked this software because I could print out reports to assist with negotiations with ownership.

Cons

It was a little difficult to learn at first but once I got it then I had a pretty easy time using it.

Omikka C.

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Efficiency at it's BEST!

Pros

Ease of use, great way to track Accounts Payable, vendors, 1099s, invoices, etc.

Cons

Customer Service is a bit difficult, but once they finally find your account information, they are most helpful.

MS

Michelle S.

Commercial Real Estate, 201-500 employees

MRI Software

Pros

Offers a lot of tools that we need for our daily accounting.

Cons

Constant bugs, updates, only select support staff seems to know what they're doing when we have to call in.

Hi Michelle, I'm glad that you've been able to use our tools for some of your daily accounting tasks! I am sorry to hear that you've had a less than stellar experience with our support. One of our core values is "Strive to Amaze" and I hate to hear that we haven't met that expectation for you. Could you please shoot me a quick note with your email address and phone number? I want to make sure all of your issues are resolved. I can be reached at matt.harrell@mrisoftware.com. Best, Matt Harrell Marketing Manager MRI Software

Terry C.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

OK system

Gave us an opportunity to digitize our system, slowly

Pros

Since we were a franchise we had to use the MRI software. Job Order input and activity tracking Calendar

Cons

Difficult for staff to become proficient in Ultimately database was very difficult to integrate into another system

Hello Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear your experience was anything other than ideal. . Because I cannot find you in our system, we invite you to connect with your account manager directly so we can remediate this!

Used other for 6-12 months

MRI is great software for specific needs

Pros

This software encompasses many needs for a real estate business, from property management to accounting.

Cons

This software lacks in some functionality for HOA management, but is new to the HOA market.

Hello! Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're glad that you're pleased with the comprehensiveness of the product! Regarding you feedback on our HOA management functionality, our team would love to have your specific feedback as to how we can improve. It's this type of critical feedback that ensures we deliver the best possible value for our customers. If you'd be willing to share more details, please email me at matt.harrell@mrisoftware.com and I will connect you with one of our product experts. Thank you again for being an MRI customer! Best, Matt Harrell

CL

Christy L.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Very good experience!

Pros

I used it for many years with a prior property management company. It was a larger company so there were many forms that were customized for us.

Cons

You have to "think" like MRI "thinks" to figure out some functionality, however it was easy to figure out once you have some experience with it.

JS

Jason S.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Value packed software, accounting rich with strong ability to integrate w/ other software

easier than most other accounting software

Pros

The detailed accounting from tenant management, work orders . It made it easy to identify costly tenants and variances in my budget.

Cons

not the easiest software to train new employees on, and was extremely difficult for prospecting with new renters compared to my experience with Yardi and OneSite. Also, it would let half information process in the system (such as work order with no info or category) this should have popped up w/ error box to be able to submit.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Great to work with and easy to customize but customer support is terrible

Pros

user friendly, easy to customize, great to be able to make the software as flexible as needed to fit the company needs

Cons

upgrades are not easy to work through with many issues throughout upgrades, customer support is extremely slow and can take a couple weeks to finally get an answer back as to if the issue found is an issue that has a workaround or will have to wait for MRI to fix the issue in a long-term change.

LS

Lexi S.

MRI

Pros

I love how easy the software was to set up and how seamless it is

Cons

I do not like that sometimes I do not hear the messages left

JP

Johnna P.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

MRI Review

I have had a positive experience with MRI and would recommend the software to others.

Pros

MRI is industry-known and a reputable software. It is widely accepted in our industry as the source of truth for reliable demographic data. We use this software for audience research.

Cons

If you are not familiar with the software, creating reports/pulling data can be confusing. Wish they had a more seamless, user-friendly process for this

BF

Bob F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

No support

Not good since they dumped lindsey support.

Pros

Easy to use and accustomed to product. Multiple programs.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. Communication is bad.

JB

Jennifer B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Not good. Was not easy to use or navigate. Customer service was okay, but could be better for the price.

Pros

Nothing. It was difficult to use and was not user friendly at all.

Cons

Everything. Nothing about this software is good.

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for your review of MRI Software. I am so sorry to hear your experience with us was anything less than stellar. We take your review very seriously and would like to know how we can better serve you. Please send me an email at veronica.dominicis@mrisoftware.com so we help fix our standing with you and your team. Veronica

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Robust partnerships, multitude of options, open and easy to communicate with other systems

We gain the ability to give out clients option to select from many partners, to utilize the newest platforms, and to cross over many areas (commercial, residential, public, etc.)

Pros

I like the options it provides and the unified experience it offers. I enjoy the ability to integrate with other software if I do not pick one of their products. They have options for commercial and public options and are rapidly growing to support a larger market. They are also an international company and have been around for many years.

Cons

So far the only thing that seems to be a negative is that support is mainly pointing to documentation and training is pushed to be mainly web but this can also be a good thing to save money, time, and travel.

KD

Kadi D.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Accounting Assistant Review

Overall, i like MRI - i just think it could be more modern.

Pros

Researching items is easy due to the multiple filters and fields you can use to narrow down the results of your search. Being able to sort items by column also makes it easier when doing large bank reconciliations.

Cons

The look of MRI software is very outdated. It is also very easy to put something in the wrong period (ie 2081 rather than 2018) but it is very hard to fix a mistake like that. It would be nice to have more prompts to warn you before making some mistakes.

Hi Kadi, Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! We're glad that finding items in the platform is easy for you! We're always looking for customer feedback to make the product even better. Could I kindly ask that you reply so that I can get you in touch with the right people on our team to get your feedback? That type of constructive feedback is incredibly valuable to us! Thank you for being a client! Best, Matt Harrell MRI Software

EV

Esther V.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

It's been very good.

Pros

It is generates the financials in our system.

Cons

I don't have any comments, thought that isn't enough wording to satisfy this review.

Hello Esther, Thank you for leaving us a review! We look forward to our continued work together.

HF

Hugo F.

Great Accounting Software

The overall experience has been good so far. MRI has allowed us to bring all our property accounts under one umbrella

Pros

The biggest pro with MRI is there willingness to provide API connections which allows data to flow into other programs.

Cons

MRI can be little complicated running certain reports for the novice uses. I am sure once a little more training is had then everything will come naturally

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Vendor management and reporting for over seven years

Pros

I like that MRI interface is user-friendly and the reports are easy to run. I also like that the reports can be exported to PDF as well as Excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Since my company has been using the web-based version of MRI, MRI X, it has increased the start up time. When before it took a couple of seconds for the program to load, it can take up to 1-2 minutes for it to load now. Not too bad, but it can seem like forever when you need to run a report or enter a new vendor in a rush.