NestEgg

Self-manage your rentals in minutes per month for free

visit website

NestEgg Reviews

Ryan E.

Jon K.

Michael F.

Ryan E.

Jessica S.

Tenant prepayment option was initially a little tricky.

Gary U.

4.4

NestEgg is perfect for me

I absolutely love NestEgg. Every time I've had NestEgg fix a maintenance issue it's gone perfectly. Plus rent is always in my account on the 1st. Their customer service is easy to get in touch with and they're super friendly and helpful too. Overall, NestEgg has made self-managing my units much easier and it saves me a ton of time.

Pros

I own and self-manage my 8 units so I appreciate how NestEgg is completely free and doesn't nickle and dime me. My favorite feature is getting maintenance issues resolved, which is really simple and straightforward. I like how they work with my tenant to understand the issue first and then give me a report of the problem along with a quote to get it fixed using their contractors. My second favorite feature is their rent collection. They put the money in my account on the 1st and then collect from the tenant, which is much faster than what I was using before (Cozy). Also, their team of local experts have come in handy, I've messaged them a couple of times when I've had questions or need advice and they've been helpful.

Cons

I wish I could split rent payments between my tenants. It works out OK with one tenant paying, but I think it'd be better if my units with multiple tenants could divide up the rent via NestEgg.

NestEgg makes being a landlord easy

NestEgg really has been a game changer for me as a landlord. Getting maintenance calls during the day while I was at work or late at night was always incredibly stressful, and I'd find myself scrambling to hunt down Pros, get estimates, get things scheduled, etc. Really made me question if this was all worth it. But with NestEgg, the hassle has majorly been minimized and I'm a much happier landlord. My tenants also get quicker responses and jobs get fixed sooner and that makes them happier, too.

Pros

Love having an online tool that facilitates easily and quickly capturing maintenance issues from tenants, and then matching maintenance jobs with Pros. NestEgg handles all the scheduling and payment. As a busy professional, this is a huge time saver and stress reliever. Plus this aspect of the software is absolutely free. I only pay for the maintenance jobs that are booked and completed. Rates for Pros are exactly what they'd charge or even cheaper (NestEgg can get discounts) so as a landlord, I'm not paying more just to use the NestEgg service.

Cons

Because NestEgg depends on the Pro to complete a job and then send an invoice, sometimes that means completed job details and invoicing can lag. While I love the fact that I no longer have to worry about finding Pros, scheduling, waiting, paying, etc, it would be nice to consistently get an update on the job as soon as it's complete and know what the final charge was.

Slow payments that do come through.

It certainly allows a hands-off experience for rent collection, but more information and notification about pending rent payments would be helpful. I moved from Cozy.co to NestEgg because of the maintenance portal, so hopefully that is a great feature. I have not had to utilize it yet.

Pros

While I haven't used the maintenance portal for scheduling repairs on my rental. that is the feature that drew me into NestEgg in the first place. It is the feature that sets it apart from others in the field.

Cons

There are no notifications about payments incoming or if the rent transaction has been started. It is not clear when setting up a tenant for the first time if they can see the fees and money due easily. The payments are extremely slow compared to the free version of Cozy.co It seems to take 11 business days for rent to hit my bank account.

Nestegg

Pros

Impressed how easily my tenants could pay the rent without me doing hardly anything.

Cons

The only con with the software is actually not about the software. More about the people downloading the software to use it. Could be a little easier.

Life Saver!! So glad I found NestEgg!

Pros

I primarily use NestEgg for maintenance requests on my rental properties. It alleviates so much time, effort, and headaches whenever I have any repairs or issues. It's so handy and is like having a Rolodex of contractors at my fingertips. NestEgg also has pretty great features when collecting rent for my tenants. I don't know of any other platforms that will pay you rent on the 1'st of the month regardless of if your tenants pay. Great rent collection tool.

Cons

I don't believe they have an app for ios yet but I know they are developing it. Once I get the app on my iPhone it will be another game changer!

Great value proposition, still working out the kinks

The "in person" product is great, and the core value prop is excellent. The NestEgg team has been there for me when things go wrong. I hope NestEgg is really able to accelerate their digital product experience...if they can get that right, I'll be a very happy customer.

Pros

Win-win-win-win. NestEgg has a great business model (4 "wins"). It's a win for landlords like me, who do not pay exorbitant property management fees that generate minimal value. It's a win for my tenants, who get responsive service on their units that they can schedule directly with NestEgg. It's a win for the service professionals, who get guaranteed service jobs. And it's a win for NestEgg for making everything easier for all 3 of the other stakeholders

Cons

The interface is still very buggy, but I have stuck with NestEgg in the hopes that they will improve. The login screen often does not work well. The mobile app is much more buggy than the desktop web experience. Frankly, I have had to engage the support team several times, and to their credit, they have been responsive.

NestEgg Review

Pros

I can manage my properties from anywhere. I no longer need the help of a property management company to look after my portfolio. With NestEgg I am in control but still have the expert help and guidance when I need it. I can manage my maintenance issues with one click and with their Rent Advance package no longer have to worry about when my tenant's rent will be paid. NestEgg takes the stress out of being a landlord.

Cons

NestEgg is not yet in some of the cities that I have properties in.

Revolutionary all

Pros

hands-free and save me lots of time. I can manage everything on my phone.

Cons

none. NestEgg basically cost nothing and so I can make more money from my rental.

Nest Egg User Review

Great!

Pros

Easy of use and customer support has been great

Cons

I am a new user and to date I have had no issues! Look forward to being a continued user

Overall Experience.

excellent customer services.

Pros

user friendly. mobile access features. easy setup.

Cons

tenant prepayment option was initially a little tricky.

Hard to get set up properly

Pros

Able to see everything on the app from past

Cons

Slow response from help desk when trying to solve a problem