PayHOA Reviews - Page 2

DM

David M.

Management Consulting, self-employed

HOA Management Simplified

My initial experience with PayHOA was a little challenging but I quickly caught on to how everything functions. Some Board members wanted to engage another more established company but the cost and support from the large corporate firms can't compare with the support from PayHOA. This was the best choice for my 300 unit HOA community. I'm so pleased that I paid for the full year with a discount.

Pros

PayHOA was free to setup and use for the initial 30 days. The software team was readily available with 24 hours notice to link up and explain any functions. I had a few enhancement requests that were implemented within a few hours. The PayHOA team always responds to my email requests within 24 hours and they are available to work with me on my schedule. I couldn't be more pleased with their service.

Cons

There is not a lot of draw back issues with PayHOA. I've been using the software for a few months and everything is going great. I did have some issues looking for the ability to print individual invoices as they don't appear on the owners unit menu. My software consultant was able to quickly show me where to find the PDF print function.

JO

James O.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Good service, but customer service slipping

Very, very good to start; not so good of late. Hopefully things will improve. Maybe Pay HOA is getting so large that they don't have time for little clients like us. I hope not. they were very good people.

Pros

Good price, great set up, easy once one understands how to use it, attractive interface for residents

Cons

I use to get timely responses to the few questions and requests I had. Great people, great heal. Lately, this statement is not true. I have a simple accounting statement request outstanding now for nine months. I have customer service requests in for over a month and no answers with hardly a response.

CB

Carrie B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

We definitely made the right choice!

The initial search for a system like this showed that they are very responsive to questions and they have continued that with any support requests. The ease of setting up owners/renters and tracking payments is a breeze. Highly recommend!

Pros

Being able to track the units as well as the owners and renters and offer online payment options was the reason we went on the hunt for a system like PayHOA. Being a small self-managed building we wanted something easy with options for further accounting needs as well as great support as needed and we found all that w/ PayHOA. It's easy to see where everything is and anytime we have a question we receive a quick response. Super helpful and really simple to implement.

Cons

While there are many features we don't use, the only con is really the ability to have more robust accounting, allowing us to setup vendors to invoice and have them pay us without the need to create a fake unit for them. Google/Apple Pay are also tenant requests that aren't available at this time.

SG

Samuel G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Give PAYHOA a shot for community management. You will be hooked. Great Customer Service!

My overall experience has been Amazing. PAYHOA offers great value, wonderful customer service, and support, and the overall ease of use makes this a no-brainer. I did vast amounts of research for Community Management software and we are very pleased we selected PAYHOA. We plan to use them for a long time to come. Thanks again to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being available to help when we have a question!

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to efficiently communicate to residents of an HOA. This software has made managing an HOA so much easier for us. You get great, personalized service and speedy responses to all of your questions. You never feel like you are left alone to figure it out by yourself.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made this system much less intimidating by being there every step of the way to help if we have questions. People like her make this software worth it!

Cons

This is seldom a problem, but I have noticed that the system can run slow on certain days. I feel like the violation process could be streamlined as well if there was a mobile version so you could record violations in real-time while out on inspections. It would be great to be able to upload photos instantly.

Sam, Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your feedback! Best, Mike Bollinger

AM

Anita M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Self-Directed HOA

PayHOA has been a wonderful experience. Our small association of under 50 homes has been relieved of rising homeowner dues and has actually been able to offer all of our homeowners free trash service as a result of these savings.

Pros

Ease of use. Accounting capabilities. Set up of violation as template fir multiple use. Every transaction entry has ability to upload proof documents.

Cons

I admit it was scary going to self-directing HOA from a continual full service property management group, but there were no Cons to consider with PayHOA.

IV

Irene V.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

The best software for our HOA

I have not had any problems. I wish the staff was available with a phone call like before but I realize that Covid has changed many things in our lives.

Pros

I like the fact that I can check it daily to see which homeowners have paid. The new feature to deposit paper checks is very exciting because I hate to go to the bank. The staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always answers my questions by email and when needed I set up a Zoom meeting.

Cons

I wish we could get some type of online fundraising but this is not critical. I would also like a way to add monthly interest to the invoice without having to create another invoice. Also, if an HOA billboard where we could have a community newsletter displayed for the homeowners would be nice.

Irene, Thanks for the review -- I'm really glad PayHOA has been a success for your community! I'll talk with our dev team to see if we can add a fundraising component to the platform! Best, Mike

KO

Karen O.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

PayHOA is a game changer

PayHOA is the best money our association has spent. The staff and technical support is unmatched to any service I have paid for in the past. This software has enabled our board to go nearly paper free and allows us to keep reference materials in one spot for future boards to review.

Pros

The ease of tracking expenses and income; creating and printing financial statements for member meetings and our year end accounting needs; the ease of providing group emails to members; and the ability to store files for member viewing (minutes, rules/regs) and board of director use (quotes on projects) in one place is a great benefit.

Cons

Tracking capital expense projects. It would be nice to better track the payoff of a loan.

RO

Robert O.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Pay HOA has the perfect mix of tools for any HOA

So far, PayHOA has been stellar since we've implemented it. It has only gotten better as time goes by.

Pros

We were looking for a system that could track most HOA member's dues and be able to automatically bill, notify and assess late fees as required. PayHOA makes this very easy and streamlined. We have far less billing issues and spend almost no time on it versus doing manual checks or deposits to our HOA checking account from the members.

Cons

Most of the issues revolve around contacting tenants of owned properties. It's not super clear to be able to make a sub-contact group of owners / renters so that notifications about local happenings such as street cleanings, etc can be communicated to the people that actually live at the residences.

DS

David S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Cost effective association management and great customer service

Pros

After a short learning period, the application is fairly intuitive to use. It has helped facilitate greatly improved communication with our owners - which is essential for a self-managing association. We recently transitioned over to using PayHOA bookkeeping services, and the customer service was top notch - shout out to [sensitive content hidden]! By using their staff, you gain their expertise with the system.

Cons

Snail mail batch mailings seem to take longer than expected, but that might be a post office thing...

BV

Bessy V.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

PAYHOA Will Be the Best HOA Management Software

PAYHOA has been awesome from the beginning. We love the software and the price! Can't be beat!

Pros

We love this software! Built to do everything in one place. Communication, account management, accounting, document storage, budget management, viewing units, classifying property, you name it! If it doesn't do it yet, the developer is working on it. We've been using it a little over 6 months and in that time there have been updates, changes to the layout to improve it, accounting capabilities it didn't...

Cons

The accounting portion of the software isn't as robust as the rest, but they're working on it! It's a young company and we believe in them. They'll get it done and done right!

PP

Pierette P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great product and easy to use

Very easy to use and maintain. Makes running the HOA management business so much easier to perform.

Pros

The one-stop shopping type of product. Do not have to use other tools

Cons

Dealing with accounts in collections.When an account is in collections, there is no easy way, there is a way but not ideal, to prevent that account from paying via the porta which can cause issues with teh collection agency

Keigh F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Best Customer Support Ever!

Our overall experience with PayHOA has been great. They are very supportive, and are always open to hearing our suggestions. Utilizing PayHOA has saved our small HOA over $3K this year alone.

Pros

Our small HOA decided to become self-managed in late 2021. After lots of research, we decided to go with PayHOA, and I am so glad we did! While our initial data entry was a little difficult due to my lack of an accounting background, the customer support team was awesome. They spent so much time answering my questions and helping correct my mistakes. They were always cheerful, helpful, and caring. I could not have made it through without their ongoing, constant help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were two of the support team I dealt with most, but the entire team was outstanding. For this reason alone I would especially recommend PayHOA for a volunteer group such as ours with little to no accounting background.

Cons

There were no clear-cut instructions on what should be entered first, which caused me some double work. However, for someone with a background in accounting, this would probably be apparent and not be a problem.

BW

Bonny W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

PAYHOA Campground

Good, but challenging

Pros

Communication features, unit payment tracking and reporting features.

Cons

Not credit card friendly, does not download the banking information that would provide usable information and make reconciling easier

DP

David P.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Self Managed HOA

Not all residents participate in the meetings but are nonetheless expecting to be made known the happenings of the HOA. Since we are self-managed, the software has been able to increase the ability for the board to communicate more effectively with the members. Also the members having their own account and portal to pay online is a huge time saver in accounting. It also gets them more involved.

Pros

The best part of the software is the simple UI with the abundance of features need to self manage a small single family HOA with less than 100 units, all in one place. It has and will continue to greatly improve communication and ease accounting tasks. The technical support when I have run into some bugs has been as I expect, outstanding. THe ability to download CSV files is awesome.

Cons

The software has had some bugs with the PDF mailer and identical transactions being deleted. It also needs some accounting reports which are downloadable in formatted version and not just .CSV files; something immediately presentable to a person. The UI in Violations is not quite clear that there is a process; create, submit, and then resolution.

David, Thanks for the review and the really helpful feedback! We are about to release an updated reporting module that will provide additional accounting reports and PDF versions of each! We appreciate your business! Best, Mike

AM

Anne M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

One Stop Management

After “interviewing” a few companies, PayHOA was by far the most friendly, informative, cost effective and user friendly program. I have a few communities that range from 50 doors up to 250+ doors and PayHOA has been able to fit our needs for all of them. The fees seemed to be very comparable to the other programs, so it all came down to how easy is this going to be to use? I didn’t want to ADD any more time than I was already spending on excel spreadsheet work. PayHOA has delivered on all that I was looking for. Customer Support is always quick and responsive, and if they can't help at that moment, the programming support turnaround hasn't been more than a business day. Very satisfied with this program!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and has all of the features that I was looking for.

Cons

I wish that the Financial reporting feature was a bit more form driven. Using the simplistic P&L that PayHOA contains, I have an easy work-around for the various needs of my HOA Board Reporting. This is a wish-list item for me - I'd love to be able to print out a GAAP acceptable Income Statement and Balance Sheet.

Anne, Thank you for the review and really helpful feedback! We are about to release a reports upgrade that should solve the reports work around! I'll circle back with you as soon as it's live on the site! Best, Mike

BT

Bradley T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

PayHOA Saved the Day

Everything was previously done on paper. Having board members that are not on site was an issue and now communication is a lot easier. I'm future proofing things for new board members are they rotate in and taking away previous pains of collecting dues and tracking concerns amongst owners.

Pros

I like how simple things are and easy to maintain. Support is stellar and they help guide you in the right direction.

Cons

Having the ability to receive inbound SMS would be great. It's not a deal breaker but that's one thing that would improve things. I think more features or workflows towards processing old information would be an awesome improvement. I have years of data related to expenses and owners that will take time moving over.

Bradley, Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you! Best, Mike

RB

Randy B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

A good start for a management solution

I inherited PayHOA from a previous board who did not make sound business decisions. If this system were not in place when I joined the board of directors, I would not adopt it. This solution does not meet the needs of our HOA. However, there would be more pain on my part to transition to something else, so we will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the electronic Invoice feature and the ability for members to pay via card, via debit of account or by offline check. I also like the unified message center that maintains a history of emails to members and tracks if an email has been viewed

Cons

I did not like the difficult task of applying interest on unpaid balances. It was difficult to show the open balance carried forward while adding a late fee on open balance. Printing an account history was a work around, but even this document needed modification as not to imply that the interest charge was the only outstanding balance.

Hi Randy, I'm very sorry to hear that the platform is not meeting your expectations. I'm happy to jump on a call to better understand the issues you're having and create a solution for you. I'll reach out directly to schedule a meeting. Best, Mike Bollinger

BN

Burt N.

PayHoa Value

We have to develop and present a yearly budget for legal requirements. PayHOa does this very well. Ability to track individual payments and provide statements to individual members is easy and vital to our HOA.

Pros

Daily tracking of payments. Ability to make a monthly report to our HOA board. Ability to form and watch a yearly budget.

Cons

Keeping alignment with our bank has sometimes been a problem. Wish we could track savings accounts.

Harry B. J.

Not a satisfied customer

Onboarding was horrible. Tutorial was easy to follow.

Pros

Affordability, however you pay for what you get.

Cons

Cancelation on their pdf mailer. They say you have 5min to cancel, however there is no option for you to cancel as the user. So, if I'm working late I need to make sure that I wait the following day to contact them just in case I need to cancel. And that's if they pick up due to the coronavirus. Unfortunately, I have already committed with my HOA to this software. If that wasn't the case I would go to tops.

Hi Harry, I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our customer support team and our platform. I do see that you emailed us to cancel a PDF mailer the day after it was initiated. Unfortunately, our mailer already had the job in production and could not cancel it. I'll make sure we add some language to the confirmation page to make it clearer that submissions are final. We...

DS

Derek S.

Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review

I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org. Bad News first: You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous...

Cons

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

EA

Edward A.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Efficient and excellent service from PayHOA

Excellent.

Pros

Easy to manage the HOA business. Functionality and ease of use for both the admin and members.

Cons

Documents are house under one section. I wished I could attach a document to a unit and not have it show up with all of the other documents unrelated to the subject unit.

LT

Lisa T.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great product for our self managed HOA

All in all, a great product for self managed HOAs. We are 304 properties and this works well for us, with access to more than just the treasurer.

Pros

Many different features we haven 't yet begun to use (auto phone calls/emails, newletters) All these are options in one place. System can be accessed by all board members. Help when needed is quick and efficient.

Cons

There are some glitches when trying to enter one email for more than one address. Having double entry accounting was confusing at first.

MD

Martin D.

Recreational Facilities and Services, self-employed

A user friendly, value packed and budget friendly option for HOA management

Very pleased. I began using it as my professional relationship with our paid management company deteriorated. They thought we would fold without their help. Thanks to this software, we got better at everything and saved a lot of money. It actually takes me less time to manage our HOA independently than it did using the management company.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. The software is pretty intuitive to learn, even for a novice in HOA management. The invoicing, payment, budgeting and reporting tools are powerful and simple to use and customer service is great.

Cons

There are minor frustrations here and there. Homeowners enrolling will sometimes create a new HOA with a similar name to ours instead of searching for and enrolling in our organization, which took me a while to figure out, but the more time I spend with the software, the more I like it.

AW

Arthur W.

Promises Kept - Best HOA Software

The simplicity, reporting, and true turnkey solution to HOA software.

Pros

Our team absolutely loves PayHOA it is incredibly easy to implement. It is easy to use on the front end and back end. The support team is responsive and they are constantly innovating to make a great product even better.

Cons

My only gripe is that it will only allow me to work on one association at a time. Meaning if I switch association in one tab it will switch associations in all of my tabs.

Arthur, Thank you for the review! We do have plans to make it easier to work on multiple associations at the same time! I'll keep you updated as we make progress! Best, Mike

RC

Ralph C.

Real Estate, self-employed

PayHOA for HOA management

Easy implementation. Good automation of ongoing management tasks. We brought HOA management in-house, saving management fees. A volunteer is able to perform the management and financial activities with minimal time required.

Pros

Easy to implement. Automates most of the HOA management activities that we once paid an outside firm to perform.

Cons

We've been pretty happy so far (21 months).