PayHOA Reviews

4.31/5 (127 reviews)

Benjamin O'Connor

The software user interface does not allow for easy use.

Reviewed 2015-06-25

I like all of the features offered within the product because it can be very useful if used to maximum capacity. However, the user interface does not allow for this to occur efficiently. Adding new members is very difficult. Grouping members into separate groups is slightly better. Charging members is difficult. Eliminating or changing charges is difficult. Many tasks require a reload of the page and the reload directs the user to a different page that they must navigate back to. This is very inefficient because you are required to complete tasks for embers over and over as opposed to all at once.

Response from Legacy Financial

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the note -- I appreciate your honest feedback. We are working hard to update the interface to solve many of the issues you pointed out. We are launching the new site Aug 1st. Below is a link to a dummy account, feel free to take a look around. I'd love to hear any feedback you may have!

Steve Lubahn

LegFi has really helped us improve our process of of billing and collecting member payments

Reviewed 2015-06-25

LegFi has helped us add discipline to our process of assessing chapter dues and housebills. We have more immediate visibility to payments and ability to track who is later or has outstanding balances. I like the ability to easily add changes, especially late payment fees or interest. We have also engaged their collections services for assistance when we are not able to collect ourselves. We also use is for alumni contributions and have a link to their site embedded on our chapter website.

John Kern

Not very user friendly, but very useful for collections.

Reviewed 2015-06-26

The pros are the billing and collections ease. The cons with the software are all the added features, very hard to use and difficult to figure out. Also, I like the phone calls and emails for collection support. With the emails I wish there was one less strong than the first email to send out, almost like a reminder that they are past due ( a couple day ) or that I can send the week of due or day of due. Also, I wish there were more than just Admin setting and member. Something to include would be acess for other Vice Presidents to use the calendar or tickets or things like that, but not be able to access the charges pages and billings. Lastly, the budget builder is not user friendly. Very difficult to use to I prefer to not use it. I would like to take everything to LegFi but right now I just use excel for those. Maybe changing those and/or adding a projections of profit and expenses for the whole year or a semester by semester versus month by month would be great.

Austin Ellenberger

It is an excellent program

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Would it be possible to be able to individually charge members? If I have to fine someone, I have to delete EVERY name to create the charge. You have individual payments, why not have individual charges?

Response from Legacy Financial

Hi Austin,

Thanks for the comment. You can bill an individual member by inputting the amount next to that member's name. You don't need to remove everyone else. We are releasing a new version of the software on August 1 that will hopefully make creating charges more clear.

Remington Burke

Pretty good experience overall

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Pros: Efficient to bill and collect money Cons: Charges get sent out to people that have paid and have had records logged all the time. Charge descriptions are also not always sent out by account manager to distinguish which payments are for what (rent vs dues for example) Happy with the service overall but logisitcs could be cleaned up so that people are not charged when they have already paid. I love how my account manager responds timely though. She (Molly) does a great job.

Collin King

Great having a system where you can organize every financial aspect of a fraternity

Reviewed 2015-06-25

The ease of use paired with the excellent services provided by the representatives has made my experience with LegFi wishing my fraternity had used it earlier. I also didn't have to worry about the original set up as LegFi did it all for me, leaving me to only notifying the parents/brothers of the convenience in the billing/payment system from in-person to online. It is also very easy for the external users (parents/brothers) to use as well.

garnett haubelt

Right Product, Right Price, Right Time

Reviewed 2015-09-22

The team at Legacy Financial spent more than the required time to answer all of our questions, went out of their way to set the system up per our requirements as well as provided more patience as should have been required. Although we are brand new to the system this fall we are convinced they will save us time, effort as well as make the bottom line more profitable thereby allow us to provide more to/for the active chapter.

Steve Abramczyk

Legfi simplifies everything.

Reviewed 2017-02-28

Legfi.com totally revamped how my fraternity collects funds. Their easy to use website allows for budget building and their low cost approach made it easy for my small chapter to get on board. We utilized their collections service and has produced amazing results. I couldn't be happier with legfi, I am very glad we switched from omegafi. Legfi was way more affordable for our small chapter.

Les Hinmon

A Definite Improvement

Reviewed 2015-06-26

We've been happy with the move to the LegFi system. It provides us with better controls over cash collections; provides the Alumni Volunteer Corp with better visibility into the status of collections within the Chapter and with better internal controls. The only negatives I would have relate to reporting. The standard menu driven reports could be improved; by consulting with an accountant.

Monica Vallez

It's great for treasurer position, and to get onto members about paying their fees.

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Pros: Everything is online. Every member knows what their charge is for and for how much. Constant reminder to let you know you still have a balance. You can pay with a credit card. Cons: Credit fee falls on us instead of the credit card user and we don't have a whole lot of people who take advantage of it. Overall experience has been really good.

Alex Pailhoux

Great experience overall. Customer service is fantastic along with the ease of use and the options

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Website is very easy to use in the first place which makes it easy on both sides. Only con comes from some of the display for late fee, as it is sometimes confusing, and for the deadlines as people struggle to remember if the deadline is at midnight that day or 11:59 pm. Customer service is great which really adds and helps to the use of the website

Alec Falkenberg

It has been very easy to deal with the website.

Reviewed 2015-06-25

I have experienced amazing customer that has never been matched and the website is easy to work with. I have seen the new website and it looks like it'll be more efficient and easy to use. My biggest issue with the website is when I edit charges the system is hard to accurately change to the new total and it messes up that persons account.

Alex Stolicny

Can be buggy, features incomplete

Reviewed 2015-06-25

I frequently find bugs that set someone's payments to a different balance than actually paid after they have already made payments. Then I have to adjust the charge to reflect the amount they actually have left outstanding. Additionally, the payment plan function doesn't seem to even work and even if it does and I just don't know how to use it you cannot do custom payment plans. Not everyone can always make the same payment monthly, sometimes I need to have a certain amount one month and another a different month. So I have to keep track of that myself. Also, 3.5% is a bit much for the service that we still pay a yearly fee for. This will drive users to divert funds from legfi to cheaper services that exist like Square.

Omar El Tayby

We switched to this software instead of chapterspot. It was a successful decision all around.

Reviewed 2015-06-25

The software is very professional and useful from the financial side. It's easy to use and greatly meets all the organization's financial needs. However, an improvement could be made by having a mobile app as it would make mass communications through texts a lot easier than having to go to the website to do so.

Matt McGill

Chapter Treasurer

Reviewed 2015-06-25

The software is very easy to navigate and manage. Makes contacting members/alumni as simple as clicking a button. I am new to the administrative side of LegFi, and have been able to quickly learn the program and how I can use it to help me and my members. The site is well organize and very easy to use.

Gareth Smith

It has made keeping everything organized more easier for our chapter as well as monitoring payments

Reviewed 2015-06-26

Legfi has given our chapter a great organizational tool as we can keep track of all payments and debts in one convenient location. The only con I have is the fee associated with processing credit card payments through Legfi. This is simply a must have for any organization and I highly recommend it.

Tyler Brake

Very effective

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Using LegFi has been very easy and reliable. The collection rate is also very high and has improved our chapters collection rate dramatically. It would be convenient to be able to change the status of multiple members at the same time instead of changing each member status individually.

Henry moore

Some design flaws

Reviewed 2015-06-25

the budgeting application is unfortunate. I wish you could delete the subcategories to make the reports better looking. Also have the ability to charge under different categories so that if you were to view one it would only have dues charges and another would only have t-shirt charges.

Hugh Jones

Legfi has been great for my chapter

Reviewed 2015-06-25

I really enjoy the ease with which I can view and create charges. It has helped keep everything organized. At times the servers can be a little slow, but usually it's not a problem. My organization has really benefitted from using Legfi over the past few years.

Eun Seok Choi

Was easy to manage despite already having previous records in the account, which was passed to me.

Reviewed 2015-06-25

What would help especially with the account passing over to the next treasurer, would be to have different years listed, so as to be able to not only keep track of individual years, but also to make things easier when the treasurer passes on the admin title.

Chad Nolan

The soft ware is very easy to work with. Videos are there for instruction.

Reviewed 2015-06-26

Pros: easy to work with. Easy to set up payments. Let's alumni donate to your organization. Cons: Once a member is deleted from your roster it is hard to add them back. It does not keep track of which officer does adding or deleting transactions.

Nathan Smith

Useful, needs to be more streamlined and organized for easier use

Reviewed 2015-06-25

some weird ways to find things. You guys really need to make assigning charges to event tickets easier, it can be a real tricky headache. Just make it more obvious and better organized and it'll be better.

Response from Legacy Financial

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the very helpful feedback. We are working hard to improve the interface to make it easier to navigate. We will be launching a new system on Aug 1st that will hopefully address the issues you pointed out. Feel free to look around using the link to a fake test account below. Any feedback on the new site would be much appreciated.

Nathan McMullen

Overall good experience.

Reviewed 2015-06-29

Pros: easy to use, sends emails to remind people, helps in getting payments from people, Cons: does not send me emails to remind me when people should be paying (i.e. payment plan dates), charges for credit cards, no American express

Ben Murray

Treasurer for Fraternity

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Pros: Easy to add charges Easy to modify, remove charges Easy to create e-sales terminal Easy to monitor existing balances Cons: Slow to load Budget building and assigning charges to certain "buckets" is somewhat confusing

Vikesh Patel

Use it to keep track of amount owed

Reviewed 2015-06-25

Software is conceptually good, however not user friendly. It is difficult to edit members and change balances individually. Creating tickets for events is smart but difficult to do.

Response from Legacy Financial

Vikesh,

Thank you for the comments. We are working hard to update the interface to make the system easier to use. We will be launching the new site on Aug 1st. Below is the link to a dummy site that you can browse around. I'd love to hear any feedback. Check out the new event tickets, I think you'll really like them compared to the current setup!