PayHOA Reviews - Page 3

PK

Phil K.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Small Sub HOA

We are a volunteer HOA board made up of residents from the neighborhood. Anything that makes that task easier is great and PayHOA has delivered in almost all aspects of the job.

Pros

The financial tools are perfect for an HOA of our size (36 homes). The request tools make it very easy to manage the typical needs of an HOA. The custom reporting capabilities generally meet our needs.

Cons

The People view needs some additional flexibility. It would be good to give residents the ability to see contact info, without visibility to other residents financial status.

NP

Nancy P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Better than a management company

Very positive - this online service has allowed us to run our small HOA without having to turn it over to a management company and all the extra fees that would incur.

Pros

Provides great communication to all homeowners alerting them to news and information, allows both group and individual emails, plus billing/accounting updates. Customer service has been great and very helpful.

Cons

As of this writing, we have not found any offered features or services that we did not like or use.

DH

Denise H.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Ease of use and lots of data

PayHOA allows our HOA to be mostly hands off in the payment process and allows us to not spend hours tracking and depositing payments.

Pros

Showcases a lot of data. Easy to use. Allows important information to be accessed quickly.

Cons

I feel like the reporting function could be a little easier with more options.

AK

Arun Kumar S.

Best Property Management Tool in the industry

My experience has been awesome. Their team is fantastic and very prompt.

Pros

The ease of use and it is very self explanatory

Cons

Nothing that I could think of. So far my experience has all been very good and professional.

GH

Gary H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

PayHOA makes a self managing HOA possible

We would not have thrived as a self manage HOA without PayHOA

Pros

The accounting, collections, and email platforms are excellent

Cons

we had no practical use for launching our own website through the PayHOA platform

MM

Marty M.

Vaden

Great

Pros

Great product. Perfect for out HOA. Very convenient

Cons

Slow implementation of new features sometimes

DS

DAVID S.

Accounting, self-employed

PayHOA is Great

Pros

We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Cons

It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

David, Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team! Best, Mike Bollinger

AS

Alex S.

Accounting, 10,001+ employees

Legfi Review

Honestly legfi kinda sucked. The only thing it was good for was ease of tax reporting. Otherwise it was a pain to keep balances up to date and often they would go negative for no apparent reason and overall was just a hassle. I would keep track of due payments on my own and moved people away from paying on the website due to high credit card fees while other vendors have lower fees. Even venmo is free for P2P transfers, not sure why this was not an option with legfi.

Pros

The ease of tax reporting

Cons

The difficulties in keeping balances up to date along with system glitches and high credit fees.

Hi Alex, I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on LegFi. I would love to hop on a quick call to understand a little more about what was happening with your balances going negative. Unfortunately, we can't offer person to person transfers because your chapter is a nonprofit corporation with an EIN. I would be very careful running the chapter's revenue through a personal account, as it opens you up to tremendous tax and personal liability. If you'd like to discuss further, I would love to continue the conversation via email or phone. Best, Mike Bollinger Founder | LegFi.com Mike@LegFi.com 859-309-3640

DS

Dominick S.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Great & easy to use, wonderful customer service

I had gotten a free trial of the program as treasurer of a fraternity. It is such an easy system to use that incorporates many different features in regards to collecting dues. My favourite part was the ability to use LegFi to send emails to members who weren't paying dues, acting as a collection agency. Keeping track of dues paid and due dates was very convinient, and they made it so you could see...

Pros

Ease of use, customer service

Cons

Spotty service, sometimes the website was down, but it didn't really create an issue for me as I could just try again later

DH

Don H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Outstanding customer relations and assistance

With limited experience and all of the assistance that the PayHoa staff provides, it is difficult to come up with any negitive responses.

Pros

This program is very thorough and easy to assimilate with minimum time involved. For our concerns of a small HOA (116 units) PayHoa is exactly what fits our budget and resources for information.

Cons

Have not experienced any glaring negatives. Suppoet staff is exceptional in their assistance.

Don, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you! Best, Mike

SH

Steven H.

Excellent Software

A wonderful app, a fast responding and helpful support team. You couldn't ask for anything more. A way better and more user friendly app than some of the other "big name" companies I've seen in the HOA management space.

Pros

There are so many features that make PayHOA create, they seem to support every kind of way your HOA would operate. Updates seem to be frequently, the small bugs I notice one day are usually fixed the next time I use it.

Cons

More features to protect HOA board member privacy, especially with email communications. Need more configuration options for automated emails.

BM

Brian M.

Top Tier for HOA management

Pros

Ease of use. They have created everything to manage your HOA. Always coming out with new features. They are always there to help with problems or issues as well.

Cons

They always continue to listen to feedback and update their software.

Brian, Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your business! Best, Mike

RA

Rivkee A.

Great software

Pros

Ease of use. Very clear website...Great customer sevice.

Cons

I don't enjoy that checks can't be scanned.

JV

Jodi V.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

How far is software for our smaller condo association management

I think there are still a few learning curves, but it has provided a lot of positive benefits to our organization to keep us more organized and collect our condo dues (we are a self-run condo association).

Pros

It has made a collecting individual condo dues, issuing invoices and, one necessary citations, easier and less time consuming for our organization.

Cons

It was a bit of a rocky transition, and maybe not as fluid as anticipated but once we spent some time learning it, it has been useful.

LK

Lindsay K.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

HOA Review

Easier to share community documents with neighbors. Voting is quick and easy. Communications are a breeze.

Pros

Really easy to use and manage. Easy to learn and show others. Low learning curve for other residents.

Cons

None come to mind, we can from the traditional paper documents and communications so this has been a much needed step.

Helps us self manage

We wouldn't be able to self manage without it.

Pros

We moved to self managing our HOA a year ago and PayHOA has made it possible to handle the accounting side of things very easily.

Cons

We've had some issues in the past with emailing our user base but it has been resolved.

HB

Hilary B.

Great Value, Great Customer Service

The staff is very responsive to our questions. They are doing a great job of prioritizing our feature requests and making little tweaks to the system that improve the user experience.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement. PayHOA uploaded all our data smoothly. This software package had the functionality we wanted. We love that we can receive online payments and send mailings directly to our residents via this software.

Cons

There are times when the software seems to lag. Response time when using a smart phone is a bit slow.

Hilary, Thank you for the review! We've been working behind the scenes to speed up the mobile views and you should see an increase in the next 30 days! We appreciate the really helpful feedback! Best, Mike

TC

Timothy C.

PayHOA Review by Small HOA Board

Payment of quarterly fees, and any assessments we need processed.

Pros

The payment processing module. This automated a very tedious manual process.

Cons

I can not think of anything I don't like.

AB

Alissa B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

It has helped to streamline our processes.

Pros

Easy to use, integrates with bank account

Cons

The google maps are outdated. Could use some extra features like community forums.

BB

Bob B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Outstanding Substitute for a Property Management Company

PayHOA has been a bleesing to us to allow us to manage our own HOA without having to contract with an expensive property management company.

Pros

Allows us to keep all of our important HOA documents all in one place. And it allows us to keep track of our homeowners and their yearly assessments.

Cons

Nothing in particular. All features that we use are perfect for our needs.

JP

Justin P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

All the bells and whistles without all the expense

Pros

Simple to set up and easy to use. Makes communication and record keeping a snap.

Cons

I have not found a con yet but I will keep looking.

MD

Michael D.

Real Estate, self-employed

PAYHOA the great solution to sel run HOA

Pros

Everything is easy to use, with little thought on how to use it.

Cons

Could have better ways to pay some bills that will take ach.

JP

Jason P.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy to use - Adopt in minutes

I really enjoy the system. It is in the mid-range of pricing and comes with all the bells and whistles you need to manage a small, or even a large, HOA. I went from having to "work" on the HOA weekly to only working on it quarterly.

Pros

I really loved that PayHOA was so easy to use. I was able to adopt the product in minutes by taking the excel spreadsheet I was using to manage my HOA and importing it directly into PayHOA.

Cons

When I was importing my "units", it wasn't super easy to import payment history. That was a little annoying. I did find it very easy to put in an enhancement request, but honestly, I didn't lose much value long term by not having that feature.

JK

John K.

Not very user friendly, but very useful for collections.

The pros are the billing and collections ease. The cons with the software are all the added features, very hard to use and difficult to figure out. Also, I like the phone calls and emails for collection support. With the emails I wish there was one less strong than the first email to send out, almost like a reminder that they are past due ( a couple day ) or that I can send the week of due or day of...

IF

Iris F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Board President

We collect homeowners association fees, the intuitive system allows us to obtain data and monitor expenses and communicate with owners. The Board loves it!

Pros

The most great experience was the service during our transition to the new portal. The system ease of use, real time, and features with several options are available are secondary.

Cons

Not applicable, new features are on the horizon.

Hi Iris, Thank you for the review! I'm glad your Board and association members are finding PayHOA helpful! Best, Mike Bollinger