PayHOA Reviews - Page 4

SA

Samuel A.

I am quite happy with the product however I still think further tweaking is needed in the UI area.

Pros: The customer service is great. Very timely responses. Cons: There are great features that I still do not know how to use. I would recommend improving your tutorial session or making a formal tutorial video showing how to access all of the great features instead of having to email your company rep every time I want to learn how to use a new feature. Also, selecting members to apply specific...

MP

Marco Polo C.

pretty good, would be nice to have a mobile app.

Great ease of use. it's easy to find everything. I do wish there was a mobile app to make it easier to use on the go. Also, if there was a way to cancel a payment that wasnt intended to go through or went to the wrong charge. Actually, it would be useful if "load" money onto our account and from there we can select which parts of our dues we would like to apply them too.

Cons

Hey Marco Polo, Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. This really helps us improve the product and user experience. I wanted to point out that you can delete any payments that are recorded locally on the view all payments page, just not credit card or e-check payments. Also, when you make a payment, you can select which charges you want to pay by checking the selection box next to each charge. I hope that helps! Best, Mike Bollinger

JG

Jeffrey G.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Trusty way to automate billing

By using PayHOA we have almost completely eliminated the hours of work dedicated to accounts receivable (billing and collections).

Pros

This product removed the need for sending email reminders, adding fees for late payment, and enforcing only one payment method

Cons

The costs have increased more than I’d like. We now have to pay (or make homeowners pay) for a direct debit which seems unreasonable.

MS

Matt S.

Fine Tuning

The very basic point of legfi is dues collection, that works fine. Everything else you are adding onto the service needs improved. Pros: Assigning dues & fines, setting up payment plans, manual payment entry all works very well and easily. Cons: Budgets need to be able to be viewed by directors and this is not possible in legfi. I would also like to see this section add some expense reporting...

LW

Lisa W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Morningview

Payment of dues seems to be an ease with this software

Pros

Easy of payment for all of the association

Cons

Issues with the savings account not fixed

Hi Lisa, Thank you for the review! I will circle back with our development team regarding the savings account link! Best, Mike

JM

Jordan M.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Perfect solution for our small community

Pros

It provided us a one-stop shop for our 25-unit community and enabled us to get rid of $10,000 in costs with a property manager and empowered us to self manage our HOA. It’s been a game changer for us

Cons

I don’t have any complaints about PayHOA, I’ve had a great experience in the almost two years using it

PH

Peggy H.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Ideal program HOAs

I mainly use the dashboard to navigate the program, which works for my use. PayHOA has been the only HOA program I’ve used.

Pros

PayHOA has been instrumental in providing an easy platform for our homeowners to make monthly HOA payments and to report any maintenance issues.

Cons

For my limited use, the program fits well for my needs.

Leopoldo C.

Food Production, self-employed

Satisfied user at Lago Bello Brownsville

Pros

Programming payments was easy and straight forward. Get feedback immediately

Cons

Everything works well. Had no problem whatsoever

AS

Alex S.

Can be buggy, features incomplete

I frequently find bugs that set someone's payments to a different balance than actually paid after they have already made payments. Then I have to adjust the charge to reflect the amount they actually have left outstanding. Additionally, the payment plan function doesn't seem to even work and even if it does and I just don't know how to use it you cannot do custom payment plans. Not everyone can always make the same payment monthly, sometimes I need to have a certain amount one month and another a different month. So I have to keep track of that myself. Also, 3.5% is a bit much for the service that we still pay a yearly fee for. This will drive users to divert funds from legfi to cheaper services that exist like Square.

SG

Scott G.

Wireless, 11-50 employees

PayHOA Review

Pros

Easy to explain the ROI to the membership

Cons

The title. Something less monetary would have a better ring

TS

Ty S.

Fun to setip

I was responsible for setting up a payment program for our fraternity. After researching multiple platforms to choose from I went with The company that had the most to offer and would save us the most money and that was Legfi. They were very helpful in explaining to me what was available at what price and how much they were willing to help and make sure we were taken care of. This was before I decided to go with this company. Right then and there I knew I was going to be in safe hands. Some cons, which were not many, was it took a little while and a couple times to explain to the other brothers how to use it but after a few times it wasn't a problem at all and has made everything way easier.

MO

Matt O.

Content with it

As the fraternity treasurer, I am the admin on the account. A few things that I would like to see changed would be... Make editing charges easier and more straightforward. When I have to do this, I am never sure if I did it correctly. Also, when people pay charges online, it automatically pays the charge that has been on the longest, first, and then works its way down the list of charges. So if someone has two charges, one that was due on feb 25 for $30 and one that was due on march 4 for $500 and they only submit a payment of $500 to pay for the second charge, it comes up that they have paid for the first charge and still owe $30 for the charge due march 4.

JK

Jake K.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for collecting dues; failure as accounting system

Pros

Dues collection is great and easy to set up

Cons

Accounting functionality is error-ridden, so just had to figure out another solution (QBO) for what could have been very simple to use on the site

NS

Nathan S.

Useful, needs to be more streamlined and organized for easier use

some weird ways to find things. You guys really need to make assigning charges to event tickets easier, it can be a real tricky headache. Just make it more obvious and better organized and it'll be better.

Cons

Hi Nathan, Thanks for the very helpful feedback. We are working hard to improve the interface to make it easier to navigate. We will be launching a new system on Aug 1st that will hopefully address the issues you pointed out. Feel free to look around using the link to a fake test account below. Any feedback on the new site would be much appreciated. http://keeleux.com/dev/legfi/application/dashboard.php Best, Mike

MV

Marie V.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great program

It’s been great from both ends.

Pros

It makes our job as an HOA so much easier. Now we just have to worry about complaints!

Cons

Nothing. I’ve used it as a user and as an admin and it’s wonderful

AW

Andrew W.

Solid and Reliable, Difficult to Navigate

LegFi excels at record keeping/account management. Members can easily pay online, and administrators can easily keep track and update profiles accordingly. There is, however, a bit of learning curve when first operating the site. Some functions are complex and a challenge to process at first; for example, creating events and recording payments for those who pay in person is confusing. Also, removing incorrect charges or payments is difficult and usually fixed by adding additional payments to simply balance out a user error. This may result in discrepancies between LegFi online records and actual records.

JS

Jordan S.

LegFi: a necessity for any aspiring fraternity or sorority

LegFi is a great system to both organize and accrue income or any organization. The whole program operates very clean and with its new updates is very easy to operate. While LegFi is a great product and operates well its one con is the "Collections" tab, the process of collections works well, however the account manager application needs work and it would be nice if the collections messages allowed more customization options. All in all LegFi is a wonderful tool for all organizations looking to operate clean and efficient, LegFi allows one to make charges, budget, improve collections and much more.

SD

Shawn D.

Great Experience

Pros

I used this platform for about a year for our fraternity, specifically alumni relations. It was very easy to use and contact customer service for any type of help. Members can go in and make payments. It's involved without being that involved. Highly recommendable.

VP

Vikesh P.

Use it to keep track of amount owed

Software is conceptually good, however not user friendly. It is difficult to edit members and change balances individually. Creating tickets for events is smart but difficult to do.

Cons

Vikesh, Thank you for the comments. We are working hard to update the interface to make the system easier to use. We will be launching the new site on Aug 1st. Below is the link to a dummy site that you can browse around. I'd love to hear any feedback. Check out the new event tickets, I think you'll really like them compared to the current setup! http://keeleux.com/dev/legfi/application/dashboard.php Best, Mike

MS

Matthew S.

My fraternity just recently implemented this software and so far it has been great.

The pros of having LegFi are that all of he financials are so much more organized and put together however one of the major cons is that it is hard to mass text or communicate with members. Before LegFi, my fraternity used ChapterSpot which had a number that allowed users could text to mass message the rest of the members and that was much easier than going on the internet to mass message. However the internet system for mass messaging also didn't seem to work for us at times so it would be ideal for LegFi to implement some sort of mass texting system somewhat similar to ChapterSpot's.

DH

Debbie H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

PayHoa

Pros

Customers can setup automatic payments, and the system emails the customer directly

Cons

Hard to add a new customer, and set up the first payment due date

CC

Caleb C.

Use of legfi for fraternity chapter finances

Love the simple and helpful website. Very easy for members to make payments and track charges, and it is also great to use as an administer. Sending out charges, recording payments, seeing an overview of each semester's finances, looking at past semesters, and easily messaging members are all available tools for chapter officers. Parents can also easily access and use legfi' website. The people at legfi are also very nice and helpful. The only issue we have had is legfi invoicing members. Many times our members do not receive invoices or they show up late.

DC

Daniel C.

Great Experience

I've had a great experience using LegFi. The staff is very professional and make sure that everything runs smoothly and are there to answer any questions one may have. As the former treasurer of my fraternity I was made to feel like an important client who's time was valuable, which is something that you don't experience very often as a college student. The only thing I can really complain about is that I sometimes received too many emails from LegFi that were not very important. Otherwise, great experience, great company. Thanks!

AM

Aron M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great service

Pros

I like the auto pay and document feature

Cons

No app for iPhone. Maybe some features could be easier to use

VH

Vincent H.

Makes a Hard Job, Simple

LegFi has changed the way my fraternity works when it comes to payments. Not only does it make dues collections simple, but it also makes donations simple as well. Alumni don't always enjoy sending in cash, LegFi simplifies that; by having a charge of $100 (for an alumni event), Legfi makes it easy for alumni to put in their contribution and know exactly where it is going (Straight into our fraternities bank account). In the eyes of my chapter, LegFi has made us feel more advanced, more secure, and more reliable than ever.