Propertyware Reviews - Page 2

Accounting features

Pros

The billing features are easy to use and fairly easy to fix if a mistake is made. The eCheck option has made paying vendors with actual checks a thing of the past and now everything gets direct deposited into their account.

Cons

A feature that we've requested be developed many times is the ePay/Banking feature for vendors. It allows you to put in their banking info, but the "Billing Email" is useless. All vendors receive a remittance email when payments are made showing a breakdown of invoicing and pmt amounts. It would be highly useful if the Billing Email actually functioned and would send the remittance emails to that specific...

Best software in the Buisness

This software has so much to offer and I'm sure that I'm not even scraping the surface of what it can do.

Pros

Very robust reporting and most detailed accounting system I have come across.

Cons

User friendly inspections would be great to have and eliminate the need for 3rd party providers. Mobile app that is capable of being used would be great. Marketing reports, confirmation of listings being active and detailed analytics would be great to have.

You won't regret it.

Love it. It has smoothed out our processes and has helped us to integrate time saving technology solutions which we would not have had otherwise. Tenant portals, communication trails, time logs on maintenance requests.

Pros

Customer Service. Constant Improvements. Meets me where I am in support of my business functions. It was the first company to offer certain items that I needed to have the software work for my business. Ease of attaching documentation to the customer accounts.

Cons

Trying to create custom reports and customizing the dashboards. It does not promote commercial units online. Financial side of software was not an ideal solution. We reverted to Quickbooks which we have used for 20 years. Needs a better mobile solution (which they are working on as of 1/1/20)

Leading the Market

We have been using it for a couple of years now. We love it. The system can scale with us which is really important. Our last system couldnt keep up with our organization and growth. The software is also easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is customizable. We can pretty much make it what we need it to be. To that effect sometimes can be confusing but this option is much better than anything else currently available for purchase.

Cons

I can't connect it to everything that I need. Lead generation software.

Software review

Pros

It is easy to set up properties, vendors, contacts, etc. The reports are much easier to follow than Appfolio. Whenever there is a minor glitch or I do not understand how to correct a ledger the customer service team walks me through step by step to get it done and sends instructions on how to do it myself next time.

Cons

I do not have any specific cons. I use the system for basic services but I know they offer a lot more. I do not know if the cost is comparable or not because I have not shopped around but I think the cost is reasonable.

Residential Property Management Propertyware User

Pros

Propertyware is easy to use and most functions can be accessed on a mobile device when you are on the road. In person, phone support is available 9am to 8pm EST. Multiple templates are available for Owner statements. Keeps Property Management paperless. No accounting background is required to use the platform, but it helps.

Cons

In order to view a Document from the administrator platform, the document must be downloaded again to your computer everytime it is opened, rather than being viewed in the platform. Tenant payments are limited as to maximum amounts and payments, which are only accepted one at a time, take up to five business days to process. Not every phone support tech is well versed in the software and sometimes more than one call is needed to get to your answer.

Hi Helen, We're definitely glad that you're making the most out of Propertyware! If you haven't already, please let customer support know about the suggestions you have, like viewing documents in the application instead of downloading it. - Charlie W

Totally User Friendly

Excellent software/program. Excellent customer service.

Pros

The Propertyware program is very user friendly. Not just that, but the support you receive if you have any questions or concerns is top notch! I occasionally run into some sort of problem and just about every time I've ever called Support, the representative I speak with solves my problem with very little effort. Two times in the 9 years I've been using this program, I have run into a problem that could't be solved by the rep that I speak with. They try to the best of their ability, but then let me know that it needs to be escalated to someone else. Both times, I received a call the next morning with the solution! The reps are always friendly, respectful and no question is treated as "stupid"! Tney are great!

Cons

I don't use all of the features because I'm a Tenant Relations Supervisor and do not work with the maintenance or owner features. I don't feel there are any cons to the part of the program that I use.

Propertyware software for a landlord

I have found a great tool to streamline my rent collection, lead generation, and tenant interaction that allows me to grow my business without the worry of having to switch tools down the road once I reach a certain level.

Pros

The overall ability to manage every aspect of my rental business makes Propertyware an essential tool in running my business daily.

Cons

I find it difficult to utilize the expense side of of property management business using Propertyware.

Not terribly satisfied.

This software was chosen because they claimed to be the closest to the software I previously used: Tenant Pro. They claimed to be able to migrate a lot of my data for me. They did, but much of it was improperly done and I had to re-do most of it anyway, so the data migration was of little help. It took me nearly 3 months to be up and operational, all the while paying my monthly fees without being...

Pros

Extremely helpful, readily available support staff. Moderately priced on line software.

Cons

Have to use the support staff frequently - program not very intuitive. Hard to make changes -if at all - to check splits or entries once check is printed. Little customization can be done to checks for printing. Check number extremely small and this cannot be changed Cannot have vendor account number put on checks. Cannot get an Income Statement with both Year to date and Month to date on same statement. Tenant ledger statements not very helpful - not much information shows on the statement Terminated tenants show up on Accounts Receivable list if they had any balance when they moved out. No way to remove them.

Enjoying the system, only because the support team is on point and response time is impeccable.

Fairly new to PW, but enjoying it. Mainly the support team makes this work for me.

Pros

The support team. To have such a great support team really ensures the product you want fulfills the desires of the customer in question (SPM). All systems will have issues, but the support team you offer are the pillars allowing this product to go beyond.

Cons

Can not open multiple browsers with the system. If I open tenant-A to send a notice through mail merge, but go to tenant-B's page just for a glance, since tenant-B was the last page I looked at, that's the information that will plug in when I select mail merge on tenant-A's page.

Great software for a small business

Customer service is generally helpful.

Pros

Online tenant portal really helps corporate office as well as the tenant

Cons

They do not have a feature that clones JE that are more than one item at a time. Example is the monthly Property Tax Accruals have to be typed in every month by hand. If you use the new recurring entries function it will only do one account per entry which is bot good when you have many properties. One monthly entry for one property can be 4 recurring JE to cover that. Just not workable. To much to have to check each month to see if its in correctly. Many of the reports you cannot pull all information into one report. You have to use several and get them into excel takes time. If the information is all in PW wish the information flowed to all reports.

Hi Jeanine, Please reach out to customer care for suggestions on how to handle bulk journal entries or to make a feature suggestion. Thanks for your review! - Charlie W

User Friendly Software

It has made us more organized and has made it easier to track our rental income and expenses. Overall, we have had a great experience

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and doesn't need a lot of training to get started. I like that the reports are very customizable.

Cons

The look of the pages seem antiquated. I heard that a new cleaner look was coming, so I am excited to see it. I wish the reports would refresh automatically as I sometimes forget to look to see if the report is up to date.

Hi, Pam - Thanks for taking the time to provide us a great review. We appreciate you and yes, we have already begun introducing our new design. You can see the great changes in the look, feel and mobile responsiveness on the New View Dashboard, Integrated Text Messaging, and the Owner Portal. The Tenant Portal and the first phase of the Banking module, Money In, are launching later this month. We will continue to work in modules until the transformation is complete. We designed it this way to keep your training and business disruption to a minimum. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing RealPage

Great Software for Property Management

Overall is a great software to use. We manage 500 properties and provide owner accounting through the property ware reports.

Pros

I like the concise clear view of the features of this software. Other softwares are too cluttered and excel based. This software is more modern in view and cleaner to operate.

Cons

Technicial support. Whenever I call about glitches mainly in bill pay with partial payment applications, I'm on the phone at minimum for an hour and they can never fix it right away.

Great Software for B2R Company

Propertyware has enabled our team to navigate the covid pandemic by its overall ease of use.

Pros

In my opinion, this software excels in ease of use and easy adoption for new users. Our tenants also comment on how easy the process is from application, thru initial payments, onto lease signing.

Cons

Often times when contacting support, it takes several phone calls/emails to get a solution. However, it has improved significantly recently.

Propertyware for residential management

Overall, this program has a lot to offer. I have learned that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating between the leases, portfolios, contacts etc. Also, the ability to attach documents to leases, property, portfolio, contact and vendor pages makes accessing bills, notes and documents quick and easy. Has eliminated searching through paper files for bills and documents which is a real time saver. The tenant portal makes online payments convenient for our tenants and staff. The owner portal keeps the owners informed of maintenance and expenses in real time.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Learning the system is relatively easy using the online instructional videos and the help/support tab.

Hello, Jackie- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Would you be willing to do a video testimonial for us also? I look forward to speaking with you soon. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Overall Look into PropertyWare

Overall it has been very good and I have referred other owners to Properware.

Pros

Easy to learn and teach other. Pricing is great for small companies.

Cons

You can not get to a Chart of Accounts by typing in the name you have to remember the number. This is very hard when you have a very large chart of accounts list like we do.

Real Page seems Outdated

RealPage was decent for property management, it was just not as user friendly as I would have liked. It seems like it took more steps then needed to accomplish many of the tasks. It needs to be updated to be more use friendly.

Pros

This does most of what you need to property management and works well with affordable properties. It has a good selection of reports and is fairly easy to use. It does a good job of tracking prospects and creating tasks to manage your staff

Cons

Real Page seem a little clunky and not as easy to use if you manage multiple properties from the same office. It felt like we were always jumping in and out of properties and we could not easily move between the properties. Also the accounting portion was not well integrated with the rest of the system

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for Propertyware. You'll be happy to know we've already begun introducing a unified design to our product to create consistency with other RealPage products, modernize the look and feel and make it mobile responsive for all users. In addition to design, core sections of our accounting workflow are also being improved in early 2019 as well so stay tuned!

Great product with NO customer support

Lukewarm. If they only had customer support, I would say absolutely yes. But be warned they don't value their clients, it least not the ones with 200 units, maybe if you have a couple of thousand?? But, that would be a risk.

Pros

It really does it all, and does a very good job. It is a well done software, that runs completely online. It integrates everything, and produces great looking reports

Cons

Customer Support. The above problem is not the worst part. That would be the ePayments!!! For the love of God do not subscribe, as we did, for three nightmarish months. We scrambled trying to fix all of the errors it created, Our work increased ten fold, and we found out that tech support was even worse when it came to ePayments. We've long since canceled the ePayments, but still find problems...

Propertyware has recently merged with RealPage and we have increased our ability to respond to Customer services issues. Not only is there a dedicated phone number to reach support, but also you can submit a support ticket online requesting help. Our E-Payments solution has vastly improved since we have enhanced the system powered by RealPage Payments. About Propertyware Located in San Francisco,...

Reports

Overall, my experience with Propertyware has been pleasant. It could be made a bit more fun with a few more graphics. :)

Pros

The software is basically easy to learn and to use. The menu is well organized and clearly visible, in that the appropriate sectors are available from any screen. There are complete and detailed videos for learning the software as well.

Cons

What I did not like about this program is that the Report section is quite limited; you are not able to select any field and prepare a report in any manner that you might need to prepare information. For instance, you have to select a certain section of Report (Desktop, Finance, Lease, etc.); this is fine, except that not every field is available even within that section to add to a Report. It can...

Good features, poor follow-up

PW Mobile worked at one time (years) but in July, 2020 the feature stopped working and now gives me an error message when I try to access lease or tenant data using iPhone. "Server Error (null) - Internal Server Error" Mobile Inspections also doesn't work properly; the app can't read tenant information. The lack of a functioning mobile app causes headaches. It was one of the major features that caused us to choose PropertyWare. I reported the issues to Support in July 2020, and frankly they didn't seem to have an idea. Support opened a case. I know this because I now get a form email from support nearly EVERY WEEK telling me that support is diligently working on the problem. (Working on the problem for 7 months while still collecting subscription fees.)

Pros

Easy to set up. Price was reasonable. Mobile app was excellent until it suddenly stopped working 7 months ago.

Cons

Report formatting is HORRIBLE, and for the most part is not customizable as far as layout & custom fields. Support has been unhelpful.

I was a bookkeeper and the team lead for dealing with issues on Propertyware.

Pros

The integration into rent, and ledger system. It was easy to pay vendors in bulk and they have an Owner payment system that most companies don't have.

Cons

The timetable to fix community wide issues was Very POOR!!! They would have us submit requests on a Community Board and wait for votes, supposedly the ideas with most votes would be worked on. Trouble is there were SEVERAL complaints about the same issues with 1000's of votes that sat on the system for 2 years!!! Still new people would call, complain and write ideas to no avail. It seemed the tech team or development leaders would choose the easiest tasks to fix and leave the real issues alone. They'd agree to work on a simple font or logo design but ignore the bigger issue of reports or accounting. This was a constant issue and aggravating. I had to run several reports into an Excel and merge them to get the information needed.

Why NOT to buy or use Propertyware

Pros

It does handle multiple properties, multiple owners and multiple units fairly well

Cons

It is more than difficult to change or modify entries once entered. The program does not allow flexibility or much in the way of personal settings. I believe Propertyware developers spend too much effort on the management side of the program and not enough or any time focusing on the accounting side.

Huge learning curve

I've been using the software for at least a year and keep thinking I'll get used to it. I'm coming from other property management software so I'm familiar with the property management software features. It's almost like using an old Microsoft computer before windows. I would prefer a few buttons nice and easy and keep the data sheets in the background for the geeks.

Pros

This software seems to be very robust. Certainly it can do just about anything. It allows you to manage just about anything that rents on a monthly basis. Storage units, shampoo stations, or HOA, you can manage it with this software. I love that the tenants have their own portals and maintenance requests are easy.

Cons

It's NOT user friendly. Every step takes three or four clicks of buttons. The words used are not intuitive either. Need to find a vendor? Go to Money out. Need to send leases? Go to Mail Merge. Moving in a tenant takes manual entry of a number of things including the rent amounts and move in dates. Leases don't auto populate with the number of signers. Each time the number of signers changes it requires a manual change of the each field: date, signature field, and the name fields.

Propertyware is the heart of our office operations

I have used and supported Propertyware in our franchise offices for over 5 years and have seen great progress in the features and services provided. They have adapted the core code to fit our specific needs.

Pros

I provide ongoing support to our franchisees. Propertyware was customized to how we do business and is designed to help our offices automate their processes. There is a very good customer support department but for our company specific questions, they call me. If I can't help them, I have a dedicated support technician I can contact.

Cons

It is a work in progress. New features are being added and at times it is hard to keep up with the changes.

Hi Jim - I was just scanning our reviews and didn't see where anyone responded to you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your positive comments.

Propertyware: Good but looking forward to improvements

It's mostly been good, I've had some great customer service. It seems to have been a bit rough lately, but haven't been needing to call as often.

Pros

It's been a bit of a learning curve, but it's working well for us now most of the time. I like that it is customizable, I feel like there are more features than we are currently using, but hope to be able to discover other ways to make it useful for us. I can see that there is room for improvement and appreciate that they seem to be working on making improvements.

Cons

Application Process is more difficult than it should be. Applicant prospects often can't complete without calling in for help. They become very frustrated. It's difficult to determine what their problems are, seems to work differently for everyone depending on the browser they are using, etc. See my answers to "Vacancy Management" rating question. Customer Service experience is Very hit or miss, sometimes awesome and sometimes takes a very long time to get what amounts to a bad guess.