Propertyware Reviews - Page 2

Not terribly satisfied.

This software was chosen because they claimed to be the closest to the software I previously used: Tenant Pro. They claimed to be able to migrate a lot of my data for me. They did, but much of it was improperly done and I had to re-do most of it anyway, so the data migration was of little help. It took me nearly 3 months to be up and operational, all the while paying my monthly fees without being...

Pros

Extremely helpful, readily available support staff. Moderately priced on line software.

Cons

Have to use the support staff frequently - program not very intuitive. Hard to make changes -if at all - to check splits or entries once check is printed. Little customization can be done to checks for printing. Check number extremely small and this cannot be changed Cannot have vendor account number put on checks. Cannot get an Income Statement with both Year to date and Month to date on same statement. Tenant ledger statements not very helpful - not much information shows on the statement Terminated tenants show up on Accounts Receivable list if they had any balance when they moved out. No way to remove them.

User Friendly Software

It has made us more organized and has made it easier to track our rental income and expenses. Overall, we have had a great experience

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and doesn't need a lot of training to get started. I like that the reports are very customizable.

Cons

The look of the pages seem antiquated. I heard that a new cleaner look was coming, so I am excited to see it. I wish the reports would refresh automatically as I sometimes forget to look to see if the report is up to date.

Hi, Pam - Thanks for taking the time to provide us a great review. We appreciate you and yes, we have already begun introducing our new design. You can see the great changes in the look, feel and mobile responsiveness on the New View Dashboard, Integrated Text Messaging, and the Owner Portal. The Tenant Portal and the first phase of the Banking module, Money In, are launching later this month. We will continue to work in modules until the transformation is complete. We designed it this way to keep your training and business disruption to a minimum. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing RealPage

Propertyware for residential management

Overall, this program has a lot to offer. I have learned that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating between the leases, portfolios, contacts etc. Also, the ability to attach documents to leases, property, portfolio, contact and vendor pages makes accessing bills, notes and documents quick and easy. Has eliminated searching through paper files for bills and documents which is a real time saver. The tenant portal makes online payments convenient for our tenants and staff. The owner portal keeps the owners informed of maintenance and expenses in real time.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Learning the system is relatively easy using the online instructional videos and the help/support tab.

Hello, Jackie- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Would you be willing to do a video testimonial for us also? I look forward to speaking with you soon. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Real Page seems Outdated

RealPage was decent for property management, it was just not as user friendly as I would have liked. It seems like it took more steps then needed to accomplish many of the tasks. It needs to be updated to be more use friendly.

Pros

This does most of what you need to property management and works well with affordable properties. It has a good selection of reports and is fairly easy to use. It does a good job of tracking prospects and creating tasks to manage your staff

Cons

Real Page seem a little clunky and not as easy to use if you manage multiple properties from the same office. It felt like we were always jumping in and out of properties and we could not easily move between the properties. Also the accounting portion was not well integrated with the rest of the system

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for Propertyware. You'll be happy to know we've already begun introducing a unified design to our product to create consistency with other RealPage products, modernize the look and feel and make it mobile responsive for all users. In addition to design, core sections of our accounting workflow are also being improved in early 2019 as well so stay tuned!

Great product with NO customer support

Lukewarm. If they only had customer support, I would say absolutely yes. But be warned they don't value their clients, it least not the ones with 200 units, maybe if you have a couple of thousand?? But, that would be a risk.

Pros

It really does it all, and does a very good job. It is a well done software, that runs completely online. It integrates everything, and produces great looking reports

Cons

Customer Support. The above problem is not the worst part. That would be the ePayments!!! For the love of God do not subscribe, as we did, for three nightmarish months. We scrambled trying to fix all of the errors it created, Our work increased ten fold, and we found out that tech support was even worse when it came to ePayments. We've long since canceled the ePayments, but still find problems...

Propertyware has recently merged with RealPage and we have increased our ability to respond to Customer services issues. Not only is there a dedicated phone number to reach support, but also you can submit a support ticket online requesting help. Our E-Payments solution has vastly improved since we have enhanced the system powered by RealPage Payments. About Propertyware Located in San Francisco,...

Reports

Overall, my experience with Propertyware has been pleasant. It could be made a bit more fun with a few more graphics. :)

Pros

The software is basically easy to learn and to use. The menu is well organized and clearly visible, in that the appropriate sectors are available from any screen. There are complete and detailed videos for learning the software as well.

Cons

What I did not like about this program is that the Report section is quite limited; you are not able to select any field and prepare a report in any manner that you might need to prepare information. For instance, you have to select a certain section of Report (Desktop, Finance, Lease, etc.); this is fine, except that not every field is available even within that section to add to a Report. It can...

Good features, poor follow-up

PW Mobile worked at one time (years) but in July, 2020 the feature stopped working and now gives me an error message when I try to access lease or tenant data using iPhone. "Server Error (null) - Internal Server Error" Mobile Inspections also doesn't work properly; the app can't read tenant information. The lack of a functioning mobile app causes headaches. It was one of the major features that caused us to choose PropertyWare. I reported the issues to Support in July 2020, and frankly they didn't seem to have an idea. Support opened a case. I know this because I now get a form email from support nearly EVERY WEEK telling me that support is diligently working on the problem. (Working on the problem for 7 months while still collecting subscription fees.)

Pros

Easy to set up. Price was reasonable. Mobile app was excellent until it suddenly stopped working 7 months ago.

Cons

Report formatting is HORRIBLE, and for the most part is not customizable as far as layout & custom fields. Support has been unhelpful.

I was a bookkeeper and the team lead for dealing with issues on Propertyware.

Pros

The integration into rent, and ledger system. It was easy to pay vendors in bulk and they have an Owner payment system that most companies don't have.

Cons

The timetable to fix community wide issues was Very POOR!!! They would have us submit requests on a Community Board and wait for votes, supposedly the ideas with most votes would be worked on. Trouble is there were SEVERAL complaints about the same issues with 1000's of votes that sat on the system for 2 years!!! Still new people would call, complain and write ideas to no avail. It seemed the tech team or development leaders would choose the easiest tasks to fix and leave the real issues alone. They'd agree to work on a simple font or logo design but ignore the bigger issue of reports or accounting. This was a constant issue and aggravating. I had to run several reports into an Excel and merge them to get the information needed.

Huge learning curve

I've been using the software for at least a year and keep thinking I'll get used to it. I'm coming from other property management software so I'm familiar with the property management software features. It's almost like using an old Microsoft computer before windows. I would prefer a few buttons nice and easy and keep the data sheets in the background for the geeks.

Pros

This software seems to be very robust. Certainly it can do just about anything. It allows you to manage just about anything that rents on a monthly basis. Storage units, shampoo stations, or HOA, you can manage it with this software. I love that the tenants have their own portals and maintenance requests are easy.

Cons

It's NOT user friendly. Every step takes three or four clicks of buttons. The words used are not intuitive either. Need to find a vendor? Go to Money out. Need to send leases? Go to Mail Merge. Moving in a tenant takes manual entry of a number of things including the rent amounts and move in dates. Leases don't auto populate with the number of signers. Each time the number of signers changes it requires a manual change of the each field: date, signature field, and the name fields.

Propertyware is the heart of our office operations

I have used and supported Propertyware in our franchise offices for over 5 years and have seen great progress in the features and services provided. They have adapted the core code to fit our specific needs.

Pros

I provide ongoing support to our franchisees. Propertyware was customized to how we do business and is designed to help our offices automate their processes. There is a very good customer support department but for our company specific questions, they call me. If I can't help them, I have a dedicated support technician I can contact.

Cons

It is a work in progress. New features are being added and at times it is hard to keep up with the changes.

Hi Jim - I was just scanning our reviews and didn't see where anyone responded to you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your positive comments.

Propertyware: Good but looking forward to improvements

It's mostly been good, I've had some great customer service. It seems to have been a bit rough lately, but haven't been needing to call as often.

Pros

It's been a bit of a learning curve, but it's working well for us now most of the time. I like that it is customizable, I feel like there are more features than we are currently using, but hope to be able to discover other ways to make it useful for us. I can see that there is room for improvement and appreciate that they seem to be working on making improvements.

Cons

Application Process is more difficult than it should be. Applicant prospects often can't complete without calling in for help. They become very frustrated. It's difficult to determine what their problems are, seems to work differently for everyone depending on the browser they are using, etc. See my answers to "Vacancy Management" rating question. Customer Service experience is Very hit or miss, sometimes awesome and sometimes takes a very long time to get what amounts to a bad guess.

User Friendly

Pros

The reports and how to record anything using this software are very easy.

Cons

Hopefully they have better features for maintenance and text messaging.

Pros

The ability to keep everything in one place for all staff to access, such as communications with tenants/landlords.

Cons

The lack of an app for mobile use and the constant crashing of the maintenance app.

This is a great software if you are just looking for the basics and a low price.

Pros

I like that you can merge forms with leaseholders in the database. Obviously this function makes it a lot easier to send notices to residents who are late on their rent.

Cons

As I said before, this is a good software for the cheap price, but there are other softwares that are more robust and easier to use.

Hello, Cody. Thank you for your review! We appreciate your response and hope you and your staff are taking advantage of the advanced functions Propertyware has to offer. You can access our expert courses by selecting the "Training" link on the top right of the navigation bar after you login to the system. Our software is so customizable, you may be surprised at the additional options available to help you achieve your business goals. Cheers, Casi Rollins Director of Product Marketing - Propertyware

Nightmare of a company

Pros

The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Cons

Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny...

Didn't work out like planned...

Pros

The portals (owner & tenant - and being able to login to the portals as the owner/tenant to see what they see), ePayments (the flexibility to have recurring or one-time, the tenant can process them or you can process them in the office), rent and late fees post automatically, recurring payables (you can set them up as paid so you don't have to post payments each month), cloning invoices (never seen this feature before and it is a huge time-saver), scheduled reports (you can send as Excel or PDF), the custom fields (you can pretty much add them anywhere), attaching documents (you can upload docs to just about every page).

Cons

Many of the bells and whistles they sold us on don't work for us. We never used the online application (one of the items we were most excited about) because it did not have an electronic signature so the applicant had to fax that page in. They now offer eSignatures but want an additional $1/unit which would basically double our price. The app that comes with the system is very limited and the new...

Comprehensive software

I've been using Propertyware for almost three years. It is very robust and they are constantly adding new features like the mobile app, inspections, maintenance manager, and electronic signatures. It has a steep learning curve, particularly if you are new to property management software. However, they do their best to set you up for success with a trainer, online training videos, user manual, and a help forum. If you are still having trouble, you can submit a trouble ticket or call their support line and they will help you solve the problem.

Pros

Very comprehensive features. I like the ability to add customized fields without limitation, which helps me track things important to my company. The reports can also be customized and there are plenty to choose from. The ability to communicate with tenants, owners, and vendors directly through the software is nice. The mobile app is very helpful when away from the office.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't seem to stay up-to-date with data. I often look up a tenant and the software takes a few minutes to update. The tenant and owner ledgers are very, very detailed, which is more than most owners/tenants want. I wish there were a way to simplify the display to avoid confusion.

Great back office, terrible resident and onsite manager interface.

Such great potential, but terrible execution. They add modules that do not fully integrate with existing modules. Customer service is great with the accounting sections but don’t ask about Maintenance Plus.

Pros

Great back end accounting, Reports are “semi-customizable’, Dashboards are a nice feature, Ability to add custom fields.

Cons

The entire mobile app system is completely unusable. No capability to create a work order in the field on your phone or tablet via an app. Maintenece plus is a joke, it doesn’t fully integrate into Propertyware and customer service doesn’t understand it either therefore rendering it useless. To add insult to injury you still cannot create work order out in the field.

Propertyware Review

Pros

While this is the only property management solution I have used over the last five years, I do like it. It's fairly user friendly and makes communication with tenants easy. Having information at my fingertips 24/7 is an important part of what we do.

Cons

I think the search functions could be updated to make searching for particular terms easier. Also, I feel the reports section is not intuitive and could be more user friendly. I'd like to see an integrated calendar.

Hi, Mary Fran - We missed you at the Roadshow this year! Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review and we appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi

Good product

Great product to help the business

Pros

All the options there are and the ability to do various things

Cons

Freezes at times and you have to restart

Thank you Propertyware!

Shout out to the Propertyware team for great customer service this week! We needed a past inspection pulled out of the archives and the team jumped on it and got it to us within 24 hours! Saved us a lot of headaches! Thanks!

Pros

All of it's functionality.

Cons

The email tool could use some work. Simple features like email addresses auto-populating would be very helpful. This seems like some 'low-hanging fruit' that could be done but hasn't been. Even better would be a full email server/platform within the system (but no one on the market offers this). Online application process could be a little more robust.

So much wasted potential

This software has SO much potential to corner the market, but it is clearly not designed by anyone with practical experience in property management. If the designers would consult with real-world users to learn how life works in our industry, and implement accordingly, it could be so much more efficient and productive.

Pros

Integrated accounting; custom-field options; full-service software; built-in credit reporting and ACH functionality

Cons

So many features that not all of them are expertly designed to function logically or flow properly; tech support often is more clueless than we are; report customization is VERY limited (though there are a lot of standard reports available)

Helpful but costly

Propertyware is very helpful to be organized, but time consuming to start out.

Pros

Propertyware is really helpful in keeping notes and work orders organized for multiple rental properties. Some of the features are locked until you do a paid subscription, so you can't really know what you are getting until you pay, but overall it is very helpful. You can keep everything you need for your rentals in one place.

Cons

There is a lot of up front information to input for this to be useful. Every piece of information, invoice, work order, document, everything has to put in before this is really useful and effective.

Hello, Tami - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing, RealPage

Robust Software with World-Class Customer / Tech Support!!

Great software. They keep improving the user interphase. Very happy with it overall.

Pros

Easy to Navigate. Lots of Modules to take care of all aspects of Property Management. Texting Tenants within the software is great. The Support Team at PropertyWare is TOP NOTCH!! When you call they are Available, Knowledgeable, Friendly, Professional ... Love them!!

Cons

Customizing Templates and using documents for Online Signatures is not very easy or intutive, but this is a small inconvenience compared to all the wonderful features and phenomenal support you get!

My Views On Propertyware

Propertyware allows me to get all the information I need regarding our tenants and properties in one place. Accessing one place that houses everything I need daily makes my job a lot easier to do. I also enjoy the online classes offered, and I find them very helpful.

Pros

The ease that I can do almost everything in one place. In addition, the support for users is amazing.

Cons

After using this software for the past few years, I can't come up with anything that I least like about this software.