Propertyware Logo

Propertyware Reviews - Page 2

TG

Tristam G.

Steer Clear!

They are the most frustrating company I have ever worked with.

Pros

The product is very customizable. But that doesn't help, when you add a custom field to track lockset codes, and once a year they have a "glitch" and erase them all!

Cons

We've been using propertyware for 3 years. The base product is fine. But they glitch constantly. We wanted to switch last year, but my PM's father passed and we were stuck for another year. Here are the main issues: 1. Our company website is constantly down. 2. Work orders "disappear," never to be relocated. 3. Applications "disappear" and you have to have the tenant reapply and eat the application fee. 4. Duplicate checks. It will pay the vender twice on occasion. 5. They indiscriminately don't pay an owner or 2 every month, so I have to go manually check after every reconciliation. 5. Customer service is in India. They have awesome techs, but the techs have no answer for any of the above issues. It's always just chalked up as a glitch.

Hi Tristam, We take feedback like this very seriously. One of our representatives will be reaching out to learn more about your experience. - Charlie

JW

Jennifer W.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great software for property management companies

Overall, our experience is positive. Prior to PW we used QuickBooks, Excel and Word to manage everything. PW has allowed us to grow and automate much of what we used to do manually.

Pros

We onboarded about 800 units and while that involved a lot of work, the PropertyWare staff were very helpful and made the process easy. We like that staff across the board can use the software and we can tailor their experience based on what position they are in.

Cons

My company now manages over 1100 units for 16 different portfolios. PropertyWare isn't the most intuitive for handling that many units or portfolios. Also I struggle with reports, often times there are fields that aren't options to pull into reports.

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your review, and for making Propertyware your one-stop shop for managing your portfolios. Please continue to lean on support with any questions you may have, especially with reporting questions. Here's to many more years of growth together! - Charlie W

JG

Jennifer G.

Southern Classic Management Services, Inc

There is no way possible we could manage the amount of properties we manage without Propertyware, or a comparable product. We are vey happy with Propertyware and see they are always trying to improve on their product. Sometimes improvement, like with Quickbooks, makes life harder. No so with Propertyware. They do the work outside of office hours and it is seamless when launched, no causing the product to run slower.

Pros

We find we use this product in many ways. Just a few ways would be keeping up with leases, reports for our owners, tracking maintenance needs, collection of funds and staying on top of late paying tenants, keeping track of security deposits held, keeping and balancing checking accounts and invoicing tenants . We find most times this product is easy to use and when we have a problem, tech support is very good. We love Propertyware.

Cons

We cannot minimize when sending an email from Propertyware. Sometimes we need to view the tenants summary or ledger to get information to complete the email to the tenant. This causes us to have to either close the email and start over from scratch or open Propertyware in another tab so we can see the tenants information needed to write the email. Having Propertyware open under two tabs can be dangerous...

TO

Todd O.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Propertyware is the best of the class

Propertyware makes us more efficient and gives us the ability to communicate with our clients far more easily. We run with a smaller staff needed, and provide a much better product as a result.

Pros

Unlike most software in this space, Propertyware is highly customizable, even having an open API available in its top-tier package. This makes the software flexible based upon your individual processes, rather than having to tailor your processes to work within the software, as is the case with Propertyware's competitors.

Cons

Technical support has improved over the years, but it is still not to the level I would like. No one likes calling tech support and getting someone halfway around the planet reading from a script. This is really my only complaint with Propertyware.

Hi, Todd. Thank you for submitting a review. We appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with our Product Support team as well. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins - Sr. Director, Product Marketing Propertyware

NA

Naz A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

ACH EPay Trigger 5th Day (False Info)

Solution: PW needs to place in their tool a trigger that if Bank does NOT reply within the 5th business day with Funds Transmitted, then Transaction is DECLINED. Currently there is no such trigger. PM BEWARE !!

Pros

This product has the basic typical platform that most PM Tools provide. Input information into a database is alright.

Cons

To All BeWare !! Problem: Out PM Company was seeing that when a Tenant pays rent via the Tenant Portal ACH Payment (EPay Status: Pending, PW Cycle: Approved, Processed, Originated) the Epay Status would go from Settled one day to Returned the next. Heven forbid the PM Company paid their Owners based upon this FALSE information (EPay Status: Settled, PW Cycle: Pending, No Reply from Bank). Property...

Julie K.

Nightmare of a company

Pros

The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Cons

Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny...

CF

Charla F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Is Propertyware a fit for everyone?

This is my first time using propertyware, and I was not an employee with the company when the decision was made to utilize the software. To my understanding it went something like this: "Oh this one looks good, lets get it" I think Propertyware is very well organized program when used properly, and utilized to its full potential. I also think its a fantastic program for multi family properties, where...

Pros

The tenant/owner online accessibility is great!! They can view their ledgers and access their accounts at anytime. I also like how mistakes can be corrected, maybe not always easily, but that is solely based on my experience and how the software was presented to me as I joined the company. I enjoy how easily you can search for a lease or owner in the global search bar, and how in the left hand column...

Cons

Tenant/Owner ledgers are not very user friendly (in my experience) They reflect very much of an accountants bookkeeping, and not all tenants/owners are "CPAs" so at times it can become difficult to explain debits/credits or income/expenses. On only a few occasions have I had to call customer service and they did not have an answer for me, or a resolution. In their defense, these requests were quite...

MB

Mark B.

Real Estate,

Propertyware is a good, but it's an expensive and flawed option.

Pros

We are a property management company with 150 doors and have been using Propertyware for over three years. Propertyware will do an excellent job of property management, but there are numerous problems. And it is very expensive.

Cons

They have a lot of great ideas, but they only implement them to about 90%. We are so angry and frustrated with the problems in PW that we have made the difficult and costly decision to cancel service and move to another software platform. Propertyware does have many positives, but you can research those for yourself on their website or in other reviews. You need to know its shortcomings before making...

LD

Linnea D.

Real Estate,

Didn't work out like planned...

Pros

The portals (owner & tenant - and being able to login to the portals as the owner/tenant to see what they see), ePayments (the flexibility to have recurring or one-time, the tenant can process them or you can process them in the office), rent and late fees post automatically, recurring payables (you can set them up as paid so you don't have to post payments each month), cloning invoices (never seen this feature before and it is a huge time-saver), scheduled reports (you can send as Excel or PDF), the custom fields (you can pretty much add them anywhere), attaching documents (you can upload docs to just about every page).

Cons

Many of the bells and whistles they sold us on don't work for us. We never used the online application (one of the items we were most excited about) because it did not have an electronic signature so the applicant had to fax that page in. They now offer eSignatures but want an additional $1/unit which would basically double our price. The app that comes with the system is very limited and the new...

MG

Mary G.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Propertyware Product Review

My experience has been positive with Propertyware. As a large client, it is extremely helpful to have a Platinum Support Agent connected to our account that has a relationship with our users. The support team has been extremely responsive in working with our teams and discussions about enhancements to be competitive with our products. Being included on BETA teams and development discussion is an extremely positive experience because they are learning about the industry and taking that knowledge for the product enhancements needed.

Pros

The software is built to grow with your company. With the flexibility of the system's customization, including the reporting, custom views, and custom fields, your company can record, track, and analyze business short term and long term business trends.

Cons

The system experiences glitches at times and can slow down based on usage.

Hi, Mary - Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! As always, your feedback is appreciated. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

DK

Dan K.

Do not Choose Propertyware

Horrible. Will not recommend.

Pros

I really like their customer support. Im consistently on the phone with them, because its such a bad software, but at least theres people to help solve issues.

Cons

Lots of things I hate about this software... Its clunky, its not intuitive at all, PW slow payments and make their money through interest. Imagine billions running through their bank accounts and they hold tenants and owners moneys for on average 7 business days per month. Tenants and Owners all hate using their portals.

Hi Dan, Thanks for your feedback. To clarify about our electronic payment processing, it should only take 3 - 5 business days (which excludes holidays and weekends) for the funds to clear. During this process, a series of actions take place to ensure the funds are available, decreasing the likelihood of a reversal. If you find your payments consistently take longer than 5 business days to fund, please reach out to customer support at 800-704-0154 Option 5 & 1. They will happily assist you to investigate what could be causing the delay. - Charlie W.

MR

Miranda R.

Propertyware Review

I enjoy using the Propertyware system. I find it easy to use.

Pros

Propertyware system is easy to use. Being web based, access anywhere

Cons

At first the training was difficult, we found little help in calling customer service. We had a new account Representative reach out to us, she was able to guide us to all the new training Propertyware has to offer. We are now on a better road to fully using all the tools. I know the system was build for the smaller multifamily property and has all the custom features, but this requires us to manually...

Hi Miranda - Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really appreciate your feedback. A lot has changed over the last 7 years and our implementation specialists are continuing to standardize processes with the help of customers like you. You can take advantage of the free instructor-led classes and open mic sessions offered by Propertyware University that you can schedule at your leisure by logging into Propertyware then selecting the training link, and choosing Instructor-Led classes from the top left menu. Cheers, Casi

CT

Chris T.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Propertyware is great for tech savy users that want a powerful and custom back end solution

It has allowed us to advertise features clients love such as the ease of communication and how informed they will be about all aspects of their property. It's like cruise control for property management.

Pros

The transparency it allows our company to have. With great communication tools such as owner/tenant portals, automatic email alerts on numerous activities on a property, text messaging, email and more. Powerful reporting features allows us to satisfy the demands of large investors as well as a single property owner. Support is excellent from our local sales rep to the phone support center.

Cons

Not a very user friendly and intuitive interface. Slow to roll out new features and upgrades.

Hi, Chris - Thanks for the positive review! We really appreciate your feedback. Do we have your permission to quote you? Cheers, Casi

rs

rebecca s.

1-10 employees

Awful, awful, awful

I negatively recommend this product- meaning I tell people to use anything EXCEPT them. I hate them. We've used them for 5 years. The software is a joke. At this point, we are so entrenched, I am afraid to switch to a new system, which may be just as bad if not worse. I've been asking for 6 months to get credit card processing turned on. Guess what, still not on. The "sales rep" is supposed to be your...

Pros

nothing. Not a single thing.

Cons

tenant ledger- can't read, can't see what is paid and what isn't. Owner statements- literally NO ONE can figure them out. we had to create a "how to understand your owner statements" pdf to send to owners with their first statements. I've looked through all the options. The one we use is the most simple. Color scheme- the general color scheme of the entire website is awful. Can't read bills through the "unpaid" watermark that is darker than the actual bill writing.

KG

Kellie G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

A small business glance to Propertyware

This software saves me time, and this is ALWAYS a good thing.

Pros

The accounting aspect is critical and Propertyware nails it. I do wish you didn't need to be an actual accountant or bookkeeper to figure out how to make adjustments. This part is difficult and can take a lot of time to figure it out.

Cons

The Statements need to be more customized. I have several owners that are LLC's that want to see their Reserves broken out on their monthly statements.

Thanks for your review, Kellie! We agree that saving time is always a good thing. If you haven't already, reach out to our support team with regard to submitting your suggestion for reports as part of our voice of the customer initiative. - Charlie W

KJ

Krishna J.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Love Propertyware!

Pros

I have used other software in Property Management and I like this one the most. I work in the Accounting Dept. The payment ledgers are very easy to read and explain to tenants. Posting rent is very simple. But, the BEST thing I like about Propertyware is the assistance that is provided when I don't know how to conduct a particular task. The support that is provided is EXCELLENT! The supporters are so helpful and most of all KIND! They are not impatient. I don't have to stress about not understanding how to do anything, I have that peace of mind knowing that help is just a phone call away!

Cons

I don't understand the difference between a new journal entry and an adjustment. I am confused about which one to use.

PB

Pamela B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

An Absolute must for property management

It is a great program, the texting is awesome. I would love an option that we can text a number and not have that number in our system... for instance.. i need to text a perspective tenant but they are not in the system.. so i have to set them up as a contact and thats a process..

Pros

Integration is a snap. The text messaging option makes communcation so much easier.

Cons

I wish that lease extensions for the future would be easier. If there was a way to draft the lease extension without changing the actual lease i could get these done much sooner but being that i have to change the actual "lease end date" in the lease and the amounts in auto pay to make it populate i cant do them early.

Thank you for your review, Pamela! We're so glad you like the texting and you've got some great suggestions on what you'd like to see in the feature going forward. Be sure to also voice these suggestions to our customer service team, as they can properly log them for the developers to review. Thanks again! - Charlie

JT

Janice T.

One Stop Shop

Excellent, the technical service team is top notch.

Pros

Easy to track rental payment, ease of owner draws. No other software we looked into featured in depth owner information. Propertyware ticks all the boxes

Cons

Wish it catered to a few more Canadian features. I also I can't post to an account without attaching to a specific portfolio.

We're glad to see that Propertyware checks all these important boxes for your business, Janice! Thanks for taking the time to write this thorough review.

SP

Sarah P.

Accounting features

Pros

The billing features are easy to use and fairly easy to fix if a mistake is made. The eCheck option has made paying vendors with actual checks a thing of the past and now everything gets direct deposited into their account.

Cons

A feature that we've requested be developed many times is the ePay/Banking feature for vendors. It allows you to put in their banking info, but the "Billing Email" is useless. All vendors receive a remittance email when payments are made showing a breakdown of invoicing and pmt amounts. It would be highly useful if the Billing Email actually functioned and would send the remittance emails to that specific...

CD

Chip D.

Best software in the Buisness

This software has so much to offer and I'm sure that I'm not even scraping the surface of what it can do.

Pros

Very robust reporting and most detailed accounting system I have come across.

Cons

User friendly inspections would be great to have and eliminate the need for 3rd party providers. Mobile app that is capable of being used would be great. Marketing reports, confirmation of listings being active and detailed analytics would be great to have.

HM

Helen M.

Residential Property Management Propertyware User

Pros

Propertyware is easy to use and most functions can be accessed on a mobile device when you are on the road. In person, phone support is available 9am to 8pm EST. Multiple templates are available for Owner statements. Keeps Property Management paperless. No accounting background is required to use the platform, but it helps.

Cons

In order to view a Document from the administrator platform, the document must be downloaded again to your computer everytime it is opened, rather than being viewed in the platform. Tenant payments are limited as to maximum amounts and payments, which are only accepted one at a time, take up to five business days to process. Not every phone support tech is well versed in the software and sometimes more than one call is needed to get to your answer.

Hi Helen, We're definitely glad that you're making the most out of Propertyware! If you haven't already, please let customer support know about the suggestions you have, like viewing documents in the application instead of downloading it. - Charlie W

JA

John A.

Leading the Market

We have been using it for a couple of years now. We love it. The system can scale with us which is really important. Our last system couldnt keep up with our organization and growth. The software is also easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is customizable. We can pretty much make it what we need it to be. To that effect sometimes can be confusing but this option is much better than anything else currently available for purchase.

Cons

I can't connect it to everything that I need. Lead generation software.

DH

David H.

Propertyware Observations

The ease in paying bills & owners plus making correcting journal entries is very nice. My biggest issues is just moving around Propertyware from one location to another and then trying to get back to where you started. It is like there is a total disconnect between screen locations.

Pros

The real time transactions/balances of owner portals is very nice for reporting purposes and hands on access for owners. Managing reports for automated distribution to owners is very helpful. Tenant portal access to pay rent and make maintenance request is nice. Making online payments to vendors pulling out of the owners portal balance is great!! Automated owner draws helps immensely.

Cons

Propertyware has a lot of information that it collects but it is very clunky when moving to different windows. Moving from one screen to another is difficult compared to other soft-wares. The data is there it simply does not connect well to each other. It would be helpful if Propertyware had a global search screen for everything in the database.

BB

Brooks B.

Inferior Software - Do Not Use

We used Propertyware for 2 years before switching to Appfolio, which is a far superior product. Overall, our experience with Propertyware was terrible and jeopardized our then growth plans.

Pros

Initially, we were happy with Propertyware before it was acquired by Real Page and they stopped investing in it.

Cons

I could write an essay about what we liked least, but to name a few problems: buggy software, clunky to use, outdated interface, too customizable which rendered it ineffective for deploying across an organization.

CM

Chari M.

Totally User Friendly

Excellent software/program. Excellent customer service.

Pros

The Propertyware program is very user friendly. Not just that, but the support you receive if you have any questions or concerns is top notch! I occasionally run into some sort of problem and just about every time I've ever called Support, the representative I speak with solves my problem with very little effort. Two times in the 9 years I've been using this program, I have run into a problem that could't be solved by the rep that I speak with. They try to the best of their ability, but then let me know that it needs to be escalated to someone else. Both times, I received a call the next morning with the solution! The reps are always friendly, respectful and no question is treated as "stupid"! Tney are great!

Cons

I don't use all of the features because I'm a Tenant Relations Supervisor and do not work with the maintenance or owner features. I don't feel there are any cons to the part of the program that I use.