Propertyware Reviews - Page 3

Awful, awful, awful

I negatively recommend this product- meaning I tell people to use anything EXCEPT them. I hate them. We've used them for 5 years. The software is a joke. At this point, we are so entrenched, I am afraid to switch to a new system, which may be just as bad if not worse. I've been asking for 6 months to get credit card processing turned on. Guess what, still not on. The "sales rep" is supposed to be your...

Pros

nothing. Not a single thing.

Cons

tenant ledger- can't read, can't see what is paid and what isn't. Owner statements- literally NO ONE can figure them out. we had to create a "how to understand your owner statements" pdf to send to owners with their first statements. I've looked through all the options. The one we use is the most simple. Color scheme- the general color scheme of the entire website is awful. Can't read bills through the "unpaid" watermark that is darker than the actual bill writing.

A Great Choice

Overall I am very pleased with Propertyware. I enjoy being able to easily add information to make the document more complete. I have used this for many years so I am adept to finding my way around the dbase to find the information needed.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. I like how it is separated with the different tab categories on top.

Cons

I feel like once you learn how to use/navigate to the appropriate tab for which you need information that the program is quite thorough and easy to use.

Best Product Ever!

Propertyware is an amazing software and I would not use anything else besides this.

Pros

It help us as a whole keep everything organized. It also makes it easy to find the information/data that we need. Additionally, this software makes and keeps payments organized as well.

Cons

There is not anything that I least like about the software but the accounting portion or option of the software is something that we have not yet tested out. Therefore, the accounting part is something that we have not used yet from this software.

Hi, Tu - Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a great review! Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

Easy to use but need to improve commercial focus

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and simple to use. The different areas are easy to identify and give us the ability to use the security features to limit employees access to only the areas of need. We also really like the tenant portal.

Cons

We are a commercial real estate company and there are many features that could/should be added to make Propertyware more usable to our industry. It is very obvious the original focus of the software as been in the residential area. The reporting also needs more flexibility.

Good software with a lot of good features. Lacks innovation and an open API

Pros

Revenue generating features Has everything we need to run our company Good report system Has abilty for tenants/owners to make payments Application screening built in Listing syndication built in Owner draws on a mass scale are pretty easy to do Portals for tenants and owners with communication module

Cons

no open or capable AP The customer portals are archaic in design and sometimes does not work on mobile phones Accounting practices are too complicated Wish it was more open to customization

Review Property ware

It has been pretty good over all but I would like to have better customer service with people that actually know how to use the product.

Pros

It does not take to long to learn how to use.

Cons

The reports, Customer service reps do not know how to use the product. I know more then they do so they do not know how to fix problems.

Hi, Tiffany - Thanks for submitting a review. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a great Support experience. I've passed your feedback along to product and support leadership and hope we can address your concerns. Cheers, Casi

Excellent replacement of QuickBooks for a Mgmt Company

Saving time and allowing me to make more money. Creates so much automation that I can now literally make money while I’m sleep as almost everything is handled.

Pros

I love how much time this saves me during the Accounting process and no longer having to manually create owner statements. It has been such a blessing as we’ve gotten more doors. It gives us the appearance of a much larger entity and it provides convenience for the tech savvy tenants and owners.

Cons

It is not a full blown accounting system. I can not reconcile the credit cards. As a result we still use QuickBooks but I haven’t quite figured out how to sync it to QuickBooks with no issues.

Hi, LaToya - Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

Difficult to Use at Times

Pros

Ease of sharing documents with owners and tenants

Cons

Navigating between pages doesn't seem smooth. Reports are very difficult to generate the information that you need, filters do not work efficiently. Logs you out at random times and gives and error message.

Working efficiently

As it continue to progress the changes have been very helpful and easier to use

Pros

The call center, I do a couple of test calls through the month during the time that I've had the software and they have awesome customer service not only do they same me time but money as where I have more free time to work on another important things that need my attention.

Cons

$19 credit card fee for customers, I had to get another service for this alternative product

Hi, Mary- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Can we quote you on your Call Center experience? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Propertyware

Overall being able to speak with a customer service person to solve a quick question is great. Most other companies direct you to a video which still may not solve your issue.

Pros

Customer service is great. In general Propertyware as a company seem interested providing solution to my problems

Cons

Some of the features that are offered like marketing seem complicated and I don't know where to start or what questions to ask to even start using the features.

Working Excellence

I enjoy using it more than other software that I have used in the past.

Pros

The platform is very user-friendly. I have only been using this for a year. I am still learning everything this software can do and I learn more and more each day I use it. So far, I am loving the options and all the info available to me and my team as well as my residents.

Cons

There seem to be glitches with certain things when trying to merge applicants, but it gets sorted out and the help desk really seems to know what they are doing and get me back on the right track again.

Set Up Is A Nightmare-No Support

We are setting up one of our property managers. It has been a cluster of epic proportions. We can't get a straight answer to any of our questions on timelines for operations, escalations are a joke, and we feel like we are not very important to them. It seems like the departments don't communicate well with each other and I am beyond frustrated.

Pros

It offers a lot of options IF you can get it up and running

Cons

The initial set up process. If this was easier it would make this experience so much better

Controller

Very good integration, training tapes a bit boring and not really drilled down deep enough. Customer service is fantastic!

Pros

My tenants are using their portal, paying rent online, signing leases online, and communicating better with us. The customer service group is great in answering questions and helping me solve daily issues that come up in a timely fashion. MOSTLY, I THINK THE ONLINE TRAINING IS NOT INTERESTING OR EFFECTIVE.

Cons

The price per month isn't cost effective for many smaller owners I think.

Very good software. Tons of features and options. Sometimes cumbersume, but full of great tools!

Pros

All of the features and customization options. We have used Propertyware for over 3 years. It has helped us streamline, analyze, and improve our operations.

Cons

It can be a very cumbersome tool at times. Propertyware can be used by someone with a few properties or a property management company with a thousand properties. Being a smaller company means we use it on a far smaller level than some may.

Software that can do so much

Pros

Everything is right at your finger tips. It's extremely powerful and love the live time instant response. We have set up lots of custom dashboards so we don't have to remember everything. We get reports sent to us automatically too. They are always adding new product.

Cons

Not really anything that I don't like. I would like the product to help with getting comparables easier from our own inventory. Also would like a way to set up showings within our listings for available rentals. I would like photos to be bigger too.

Great tool for rental property owners!

Primarily income/expense and tax reporting.

Pros

Comprehensive data model and robust reporting capability.

Cons

There is a bit of complexity because of the robust nature of the product, makes some things harder to do than expected.

Hi, Richard - Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director, Product Marketing Realpage

Wonderful and easy

Pros

Easy to use - and you can create custom fields to cater to your company's needs. Uploading images with ease.

Cons

I would like to add the standard markup for vendors to the portfolio verses the vendor themselves. Since management agreements may vary in percentage I would like to customize this field. Right now the only markup area is located in the vendor field.

It's okay

I need something easy that will work with QuickBooks and has a double entry type accounting program

Pros

It was the first program we used - it was great at first. They were supposed to help us incorporate QuickBooks into it but that never happened

Cons

That it is not a accounting type program - it goes off line at times that are inconvenient to us because we are in Australia time zone

Banking Features could be improved

Pros

I do like that customer service is always friendly and easy to reach.

Cons

The banking features. We have several different portfolios and bank accounts and EVERY month, we have deposits going into the wrong account. Most frustrating, is that it shows up like it went to the correct account on the epay report, but it didn't, so you have to piece the bank reconciliations together. Also, equally frustrating, is that the rent money deposits don't have a batch id so I can't match up the deposits easily. Every month, I spend HOURS (no exaggeration) on the phone with customer support so that they can pull the deposit details for me.

WE LOVE PROPERTYWARE

Great experience overall with function capabilities

Pros

This software is very user friendly. The capabilities and functions far exceed what we utilize. We have been using this program for over 10 years and have still not exceeded it's capabilities.

Cons

There have been some instances where the applications glitch out.

Great Product Full of Information and Recording Records

There is still much to learn but am liking the ease of use and the amount of data that can be obtained.

Pros

I like that there are many options to track just about anything. from tracking tenant correspondence, payment records, reporting etc. There is just more to discover then I can imagine. Very user friendly. If there are questions I can look it up easily or give customer support a call.

Cons

The set up we could have used more time and understanding of the product. Accuracy of data entry was not spot on but was overcome.

Propertyware Observations

The ease in paying bills & owners plus making correcting journal entries is very nice. My biggest issues is just moving around Propertyware from one location to another and then trying to get back to where you started. It is like there is a total disconnect between screen locations.

Pros

The real time transactions/balances of owner portals is very nice for reporting purposes and hands on access for owners. Managing reports for automated distribution to owners is very helpful. Tenant portal access to pay rent and make maintenance request is nice. Making online payments to vendors pulling out of the owners portal balance is great!! Automated owner draws helps immensely.

Cons

Propertyware has a lot of information that it collects but it is very clunky when moving to different windows. Moving from one screen to another is difficult compared to other soft-wares. The data is there it simply does not connect well to each other. It would be helpful if Propertyware had a global search screen for everything in the database.

Grateful for Propertyware

Love this software. Easy to use.

Pros

Love that reports can be made and love the credit check feature and DocuSign feature.

Cons

Would like for a completed document to be received the same time that the management signs the document. Sometimes the completed documents come in days later or not at all.

My experience with Propertyware

Very good property management program and the support team is excellent - can always get someone on the phone and they fix the issue right away.

Pros

The leasing component in the software program.

Cons

The accounting/finance component in the software program.

It's an ok way to manage rentals

I prefer appfolio but one of our property managers uses this so we will have to continue.

Pros

I like that it has everything for rentals in one place and helps keep you updated where each rental stands.

Cons

I don't love the formatting or that you can't reply to a notification by email and have it automatically upload in the portal.