Propertyware Reviews - Page 3

Most Diverse Property Management Software

Overall it has been a good experience.

Pros

We just signed with PW. It was a bit of a rough conversion but the support from PropertyWare was amazing! We've had a lot of blood, sweat and tears but felt that the team assigned to us was right there beside us. The creation of reports adds a lot of benefit to our clients.

Cons

Having to go through different links to get to something. On the Association side- the fact that it calls owners tenants causes heartburn with our Association owners.

User Friendly

Pros

The reports and how to record anything using this software are very easy.

Cons

Hopefully they have better features for maintenance and text messaging.

Pros

The ability to keep everything in one place for all staff to access, such as communications with tenants/landlords.

Cons

The lack of an app for mobile use and the constant crashing of the maintenance app.

This is a great software if you are just looking for the basics and a low price.

Pros

I like that you can merge forms with leaseholders in the database. Obviously this function makes it a lot easier to send notices to residents who are late on their rent.

Cons

As I said before, this is a good software for the cheap price, but there are other softwares that are more robust and easier to use.

Hello, Cody. Thank you for your review! We appreciate your response and hope you and your staff are taking advantage of the advanced functions Propertyware has to offer. You can access our expert courses by selecting the "Training" link on the top right of the navigation bar after you login to the system. Our software is so customizable, you may be surprised at the additional options available to help you achieve your business goals. Cheers, Casi Rollins Director of Product Marketing - Propertyware

Document every promise and they will break them and charge you

The people were nice and courteous but did not resolve my issues and just stopped communicating instead of resolving the issue. I might have kept the product had they not ripped me off on the add on services.

Pros

Online payments, I had a great experience with the help center they helped me with several issues until they were resolved, too bad the rest of the company didn't work this way.

Cons

Having my sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] lie to me and then stop responding. Didn't provide the service as described and charged me anyway. Implementation drug on from 11/15 to 1/30 and turned on live without any testing. The marketing is useless without paying Zillow. The phone app crashed constantly when trying to search. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales rep, put in writing that I could...

Nightmare of a company

Pros

The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Cons

Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny...

Didn't work out like planned...

Pros

The portals (owner & tenant - and being able to login to the portals as the owner/tenant to see what they see), ePayments (the flexibility to have recurring or one-time, the tenant can process them or you can process them in the office), rent and late fees post automatically, recurring payables (you can set them up as paid so you don't have to post payments each month), cloning invoices (never seen this feature before and it is a huge time-saver), scheduled reports (you can send as Excel or PDF), the custom fields (you can pretty much add them anywhere), attaching documents (you can upload docs to just about every page).

Cons

Many of the bells and whistles they sold us on don't work for us. We never used the online application (one of the items we were most excited about) because it did not have an electronic signature so the applicant had to fax that page in. They now offer eSignatures but want an additional $1/unit which would basically double our price. The app that comes with the system is very limited and the new...

Comprehensive software

I've been using Propertyware for almost three years. It is very robust and they are constantly adding new features like the mobile app, inspections, maintenance manager, and electronic signatures. It has a steep learning curve, particularly if you are new to property management software. However, they do their best to set you up for success with a trainer, online training videos, user manual, and a help forum. If you are still having trouble, you can submit a trouble ticket or call their support line and they will help you solve the problem.

Pros

Very comprehensive features. I like the ability to add customized fields without limitation, which helps me track things important to my company. The reports can also be customized and there are plenty to choose from. The ability to communicate with tenants, owners, and vendors directly through the software is nice. The mobile app is very helpful when away from the office.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't seem to stay up-to-date with data. I often look up a tenant and the software takes a few minutes to update. The tenant and owner ledgers are very, very detailed, which is more than most owners/tenants want. I wish there were a way to simplify the display to avoid confusion.

Propertyware review

great overall experience could use some tweaks

Pros

Excellent for financial tracking and reporting

Cons

Not excellent for leasing team and property management team

Great back office, terrible resident and onsite manager interface.

Such great potential, but terrible execution. They add modules that do not fully integrate with existing modules. Customer service is great with the accounting sections but don’t ask about Maintenance Plus.

Pros

Great back end accounting, Reports are “semi-customizable’, Dashboards are a nice feature, Ability to add custom fields.

Cons

The entire mobile app system is completely unusable. No capability to create a work order in the field on your phone or tablet via an app. Maintenece plus is a joke, it doesn’t fully integrate into Propertyware and customer service doesn’t understand it either therefore rendering it useless. To add insult to injury you still cannot create work order out in the field.

Quality Product

Pros

Great for tenant communication, financial reporting and maintenance management

Cons

Dislike inter-company communication features

Detail oriented users - this software is for you

Been using program for about 14 years. Great to have data at my finger tips from years back - also avoids renting to tenants that were disruptive or owed money from a previous tenancy.

Pros

The accounting reports are great - easy to convert to an income statement.

Cons

You have to know where to go in order to do certain functions. Once you know where to go the information is excellent. Support staff are excellent to work with - the last year has seen an increase in response time - very much appreciated.

Thanks for your review, Anna! We've been working hard to provide a best-in-class support experience, and I'm excited to know it's been a benefit for you. - Charlie W

Propertyware Review

Pros

While this is the only property management solution I have used over the last five years, I do like it. It's fairly user friendly and makes communication with tenants easy. Having information at my fingertips 24/7 is an important part of what we do.

Cons

I think the search functions could be updated to make searching for particular terms easier. Also, I feel the reports section is not intuitive and could be more user friendly. I'd like to see an integrated calendar.

Hi, Mary Fran - We missed you at the Roadshow this year! Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review and we appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi

Good product

Great product to help the business

Pros

All the options there are and the ability to do various things

Cons

Freezes at times and you have to restart

Apartment Management

I am happy with the program because it keeps accurate records and runs all the reports I need

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn the program and when you don't remember something, the help button answers your questions

Cons

The time it took to learn the product. However, I am older and used to doing everything manually. I just use the basic accounting part of it so I can not talk about the other parts of it like processing applications or tenant portals - I simply don't use those parts.

Thank you Propertyware!

Shout out to the Propertyware team for great customer service this week! We needed a past inspection pulled out of the archives and the team jumped on it and got it to us within 24 hours! Saved us a lot of headaches! Thanks!

Pros

All of it's functionality.

Cons

The email tool could use some work. Simple features like email addresses auto-populating would be very helpful. This seems like some 'low-hanging fruit' that could be done but hasn't been. Even better would be a full email server/platform within the system (but no one on the market offers this). Online application process could be a little more robust.

So much wasted potential

This software has SO much potential to corner the market, but it is clearly not designed by anyone with practical experience in property management. If the designers would consult with real-world users to learn how life works in our industry, and implement accordingly, it could be so much more efficient and productive.

Pros

Integrated accounting; custom-field options; full-service software; built-in credit reporting and ACH functionality

Cons

So many features that not all of them are expertly designed to function logically or flow properly; tech support often is more clueless than we are; report customization is VERY limited (though there are a lot of standard reports available)

Helpful but costly

Propertyware is very helpful to be organized, but time consuming to start out.

Pros

Propertyware is really helpful in keeping notes and work orders organized for multiple rental properties. Some of the features are locked until you do a paid subscription, so you can't really know what you are getting until you pay, but overall it is very helpful. You can keep everything you need for your rentals in one place.

Cons

There is a lot of up front information to input for this to be useful. Every piece of information, invoice, work order, document, everything has to put in before this is really useful and effective.

Hello, Tami - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing, RealPage

Robust Software with World-Class Customer / Tech Support!!

Great software. They keep improving the user interphase. Very happy with it overall.

Pros

Easy to Navigate. Lots of Modules to take care of all aspects of Property Management. Texting Tenants within the software is great. The Support Team at PropertyWare is TOP NOTCH!! When you call they are Available, Knowledgeable, Friendly, Professional ... Love them!!

Cons

Customizing Templates and using documents for Online Signatures is not very easy or intutive, but this is a small inconvenience compared to all the wonderful features and phenomenal support you get!

Propertyware as a whole

I really enjoy this product and the customer support.

Pros

So many features and capabilities. I really love the amount of information we can store about a property, and I love being able to generate a document using mail merge and selecting a template.

Cons

I do not like that the tenant portal view: login in as is very limited. I cannot see the same view the tenants are looking at. Audit time stamps are inaccurate. I cannot view emails I have sent through property ware.

Hi Jeannine, Thanks for your feedback! When you log in as your tenant, your view is almost exactly what the tenant sees, with the exception of submitting a payment, which you won't be able to do when signed in as a tenant. For the other items you mentioned, regarding time stamps and viewing emails sent through our software, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team at 800-704-0154, selecting Option 5 and then 1. A member of the team would be happy to assist you. - Charlie W.

My Views On Propertyware

Propertyware allows me to get all the information I need regarding our tenants and properties in one place. Accessing one place that houses everything I need daily makes my job a lot easier to do. I also enjoy the online classes offered, and I find them very helpful.

Pros

The ease that I can do almost everything in one place. In addition, the support for users is amazing.

Cons

After using this software for the past few years, I can't come up with anything that I least like about this software.

Like and Dislike

Fair

Pros

Excellent customer service, always get someone to help me

Cons

Maybe it is the admin settings, but I need: MY PROPERTY ONLY emails and notifications, correct reports ie:90 days expirations, owners to receive a 90 day notification---the same as tenants get

Hi Deborah, Thanks for your feedback. Our PW customer service team will be thrilled to know they've been highlighted in your review! If you haven't already, please convey your feature request to the support team. Our developers check out suggestionsfrom customers like you and the higher the demand, the better. - Charlie W

A Great Choice

Overall I am very pleased with Propertyware. I enjoy being able to easily add information to make the document more complete. I have used this for many years so I am adept to finding my way around the dbase to find the information needed.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. I like how it is separated with the different tab categories on top.

Cons

I feel like once you learn how to use/navigate to the appropriate tab for which you need information that the program is quite thorough and easy to use.

Awful, awful, awful

I negatively recommend this product- meaning I tell people to use anything EXCEPT them. I hate them. We've used them for 5 years. The software is a joke. At this point, we are so entrenched, I am afraid to switch to a new system, which may be just as bad if not worse. I've been asking for 6 months to get credit card processing turned on. Guess what, still not on. The "sales rep" is supposed to be your...

Pros

nothing. Not a single thing.

Cons

tenant ledger- can't read, can't see what is paid and what isn't. Owner statements- literally NO ONE can figure them out. we had to create a "how to understand your owner statements" pdf to send to owners with their first statements. I've looked through all the options. The one we use is the most simple. Color scheme- the general color scheme of the entire website is awful. Can't read bills through the "unpaid" watermark that is darker than the actual bill writing.

Best Product Ever!

Propertyware is an amazing software and I would not use anything else besides this.

Pros

It help us as a whole keep everything organized. It also makes it easy to find the information/data that we need. Additionally, this software makes and keeps payments organized as well.

Cons

There is not anything that I least like about the software but the accounting portion or option of the software is something that we have not yet tested out. Therefore, the accounting part is something that we have not used yet from this software.

Hi, Tu - Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a great review! Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage