Propertyware Logo

Web-based property management solution

Propertyware Reviews - Page 4

CR

Cody R.

This is a great software if you are just looking for the basics and a low price.

Pros

I like that you can merge forms with leaseholders in the database. Obviously this function makes it a lot easier to send notices to residents who are late on their rent.

Cons

As I said before, this is a good software for the cheap price, but there are other softwares that are more robust and easier to use.

Hello, Cody. Thank you for your review! We appreciate your response and hope you and your staff are taking advantage of the advanced functions Propertyware has to offer. You can access our expert courses by selecting the "Training" link on the top right of the navigation bar after you login to the system. Our software is so customizable, you may be surprised at the additional options available to help you achieve your business goals. Cheers, Casi Rollins Director of Product Marketing - Propertyware

Anna Rivera R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Detail oriented users - this software is for you

Been using program for about 14 years. Great to have data at my finger tips from years back - also avoids renting to tenants that were disruptive or owed money from a previous tenancy.

Pros

The accounting reports are great - easy to convert to an income statement.

Cons

You have to know where to go in order to do certain functions. Once you know where to go the information is excellent. Support staff are excellent to work with - the last year has seen an increase in response time - very much appreciated.

Thanks for your review, Anna! We've been working hard to provide a best-in-class support experience, and I'm excited to know it's been a benefit for you. - Charlie W

LG

Lizette G.

Great Property Management Software

Great in many levels. Awesome if used hand in hand with the resident portal. The resident portal gives it great meaning.

Pros

Property management friendly. Easy to work with, unique for universal in compare to other PM softwares

Cons

Text messages does not have a real use. Even though it could be a great tool, it is not functional within PW.

Thanks for your review, Lizette. Please feel free to reach out to our customer support team with your feedback about texting, and for any potential troubleshooting.

AC

Aaron C.

4 years of HELL

Go with anything but propertyware. An excel spread sheet would be less frustrating.

Pros

Has lots of features and reports. Thats about it. It has a huge learning curve and then they like to keep adding "features" that make it more difficult and less control.

Cons

Real Page tries to add services at every corner and they produce products that are a year from being ready for market and push them on their clients. The first was Maintenance Plus --- DISASTER. The latest is the payment processing - This is where they make money from the tenants by processing your payments for you..DISASTER x3. It cost me days of my life I will never get back. I am changing companies after 4 years of HELL.

AV

Amy V.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Owner of several apartments and single family houses

Pros

Propertyware has an amazing customer service department. You call them and someone will ALWAYS be there to support you. The real problem is that PW is so hard to use that you find yourself needing to call in all the time. Propertware also has the ability to run some pretty amazing reports.

Cons

Propertyware is VERY expensive compared to other products. The system is not user friendly and they charge for everything. I switched over to Appfolio and the price was much cheaper. The tenants can all pay online using the Pay Near Me product instead of me paying to scan the checks in through the deposit machine. The overall system is so much easier to use.

EC

Erika C.

Propertyware review

great overall experience could use some tweaks

Pros

Excellent for financial tracking and reporting

Cons

Not excellent for leasing team and property management team

AL

Anne L.

Apartment Management

I am happy with the program because it keeps accurate records and runs all the reports I need

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn the program and when you don't remember something, the help button answers your questions

Cons

The time it took to learn the product. However, I am older and used to doing everything manually. I just use the basic accounting part of it so I can not talk about the other parts of it like processing applications or tenant portals - I simply don't use those parts.

JC

Jim C.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great back office, terrible resident and onsite manager interface.

Such great potential, but terrible execution. They add modules that do not fully integrate with existing modules. Customer service is great with the accounting sections but don’t ask about Maintenance Plus.

Pros

Great back end accounting, Reports are “semi-customizable’, Dashboards are a nice feature, Ability to add custom fields.

Cons

The entire mobile app system is completely unusable. No capability to create a work order in the field on your phone or tablet via an app. Maintenece plus is a joke, it doesn’t fully integrate into Propertyware and customer service doesn’t understand it either therefore rendering it useless. To add insult to injury you still cannot create work order out in the field.

EE

Erika E.

Quality Product

Pros

Great for tenant communication, financial reporting and maintenance management

Cons

Dislike inter-company communication features

LG

Lucia G.

Propertyware Opinions

We are currently growing in unit volume and it is becoming a bit less efficient to use the software with the amount of properties we are currently managing.

Pros

I like the overall abilities we are able to use, especially the different reports we are able to generate.

Cons

I would like to be able to use a more multi-family friendly software. I believe propertyware is geared more towards single family units.

Thanks for your review, Lucia! It's nice to see how beneficial the reporting has been to your business and that you're growing! Try reaching out to our support team for some guidance on managing multi-family properties in Propertyware. - Charlie

MF

Mary Fran M.

Propertyware Review

Pros

While this is the only property management solution I have used over the last five years, I do like it. It's fairly user friendly and makes communication with tenants easy. Having information at my fingertips 24/7 is an important part of what we do.

Cons

I think the search functions could be updated to make searching for particular terms easier. Also, I feel the reports section is not intuitive and could be more user friendly. I'd like to see an integrated calendar.

Hi, Mary Fran - We missed you at the Roadshow this year! Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review and we appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi

Good product

Great product to help the business

Pros

All the options there are and the ability to do various things

Cons

Freezes at times and you have to restart

KM

Krystyna M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Functionality and Support

Pros

Support team is great. Every time I called all my issue were resolved regardless of the issues complexity.

Cons

There is some functionality that is missing making some of my task harder with manual overhead. My suggestion have been noted as future development that may or may not get implemented.

Thanks, Krystyna! We appreciate the callout for our awesome support team.

LM

Linda M.

Calabash Properties Propertyware Review

Operationally for me, it is extremely labor intensive

Pros

When I do need basic assistance the support staff are efficient.

Cons

Our late fee application has been an on-going problem. We did not charge late fees until our Governor lifted an eviction moratorium June of 2022. I never got any resolution; it was to be move forward to a "team leader" or I was to get a call back. I now have the owner who purchased this software on board regarding this issue and he is NOT getting any resolution action either.

MB

Melanie B.

So much wasted potential

This software has SO much potential to corner the market, but it is clearly not designed by anyone with practical experience in property management. If the designers would consult with real-world users to learn how life works in our industry, and implement accordingly, it could be so much more efficient and productive.

Pros

Integrated accounting; custom-field options; full-service software; built-in credit reporting and ACH functionality

Cons

So many features that not all of them are expertly designed to function logically or flow properly; tech support often is more clueless than we are; report customization is VERY limited (though there are a lot of standard reports available)

MA

Michael A.

Propertyware Overview

Fantastic

Pros

Accountability, ease of using, support is helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the support staff isn't knowledgeable. It would be nice if they also worked on Saturday. The property management company should get paid a percent of credit card processing.

Thanks for your review, Michael. It's great to see that Propertyware helps with accountability. On days when you can't reach support by phone, try submitting a case through the Support link at the top of your site. - Charlie W

TJ

Tami J.

Helpful but costly

Propertyware is very helpful to be organized, but time consuming to start out.

Pros

Propertyware is really helpful in keeping notes and work orders organized for multiple rental properties. Some of the features are locked until you do a paid subscription, so you can't really know what you are getting until you pay, but overall it is very helpful. You can keep everything you need for your rentals in one place.

Cons

There is a lot of up front information to input for this to be useful. Every piece of information, invoice, work order, document, everything has to put in before this is really useful and effective.

Hello, Tami - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing, RealPage

PC

Patrick C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Propertyware has made our life so much easier

Overall we have been very pleased with the software and plan on continuing using it for years to come.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and allows us to take care of our tenants and owners with ease

Cons

Occasionally there are issues syncing the financial information with QuickBooks but over the years we've learned to work around for most of the problems

Thank you for your review, Patrick! We're glad to be your partner and we see a bright future ahead!

Andres R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Robust Software with World-Class Customer / Tech Support!!

Great software. They keep improving the user interphase. Very happy with it overall.

Pros

Easy to Navigate. Lots of Modules to take care of all aspects of Property Management. Texting Tenants within the software is great. The Support Team at PropertyWare is TOP NOTCH!! When you call they are Available, Knowledgeable, Friendly, Professional ... Love them!!

Cons

Customizing Templates and using documents for Online Signatures is not very easy or intutive, but this is a small inconvenience compared to all the wonderful features and phenomenal support you get!

DD

Deborah D.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Like and Dislike

Fair

Pros

Excellent customer service, always get someone to help me

Cons

Maybe it is the admin settings, but I need: MY PROPERTY ONLY emails and notifications, correct reports ie:90 days expirations, owners to receive a 90 day notification---the same as tenants get

Hi Deborah, Thanks for your feedback. Our PW customer service team will be thrilled to know they've been highlighted in your review! If you haven't already, please convey your feature request to the support team. Our developers check out suggestionsfrom customers like you and the higher the demand, the better. - Charlie W

JP

Jeannine P.

Propertyware as a whole

I really enjoy this product and the customer support.

Pros

So many features and capabilities. I really love the amount of information we can store about a property, and I love being able to generate a document using mail merge and selecting a template.

Cons

I do not like that the tenant portal view: login in as is very limited. I cannot see the same view the tenants are looking at. Audit time stamps are inaccurate. I cannot view emails I have sent through property ware.

Hi Jeannine, Thanks for your feedback! When you log in as your tenant, your view is almost exactly what the tenant sees, with the exception of submitting a payment, which you won't be able to do when signed in as a tenant. For the other items you mentioned, regarding time stamps and viewing emails sent through our software, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team at 800-704-0154, selecting Option 5 and then 1. A member of the team would be happy to assist you. - Charlie W.

FQ

Felecia Q.

My Views On Propertyware

Propertyware allows me to get all the information I need regarding our tenants and properties in one place. Accessing one place that houses everything I need daily makes my job a lot easier to do. I also enjoy the online classes offered, and I find them very helpful.

Pros

The ease that I can do almost everything in one place. In addition, the support for users is amazing.

Cons

After using this software for the past few years, I can't come up with anything that I least like about this software.

AB

Anne B.

Propertyware Review

Pros

The maintenance portal is easy to use.

Cons

In the maintenance section - when a tenant places more than one issue in the same request, it would be helpful to be able to break it down as example: WO #935A to allow you to close out individually when completed. Otherwise, you'll need to keep the entire WO open until such time as all work has been completed.

FM

Francis M.

Propertyware

Excellent. We had a portfolio of two residential and two commercial properties and a management company and investment company.

Pros

It was easy to operate.

Cons

Nothing

Thank you for your review, Francis! We're glad to see that Propertyware is making the management of your portfolio easy!

AL

Ann L.

Support team

Pros

Your reports a very good and customizable except when we want to exclude one building

Cons

Your support department does not understand our questions and does not have enough Property ware "hands on" experience to answer any question.

Your feedback is much appreciated, Ann! We'll pass it on to our leadership.