Propertyware Logo

GK

Gaytha K.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

A Great Choice

Overall I am very pleased with Propertyware. I enjoy being able to easily add information to make the document more complete. I have used this for many years so I am adept to finding my way around the dbase to find the information needed.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. I like how it is separated with the different tab categories on top.

Cons

I feel like once you learn how to use/navigate to the appropriate tab for which you need information that the program is quite thorough and easy to use.

ES

Esther S.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

No Customer Support.

Propertyware does NOT care about individual support for customers. A least not small business customers.

Pros

The software can be self taught and easy easy to follow. The user friendliness is all that this product has offerd.

Cons

No customer support. Two months ago I completed paperwork to upgrade to a "new platform." Nothing had been done. It took a year and a half before over credit card processing changed over. Propertyware also failed to deposit the rents into my bank account. I have asked for help and sent the list of issues and questions and no one responds.

TP

Tu P.

Best Product Ever!

Propertyware is an amazing software and I would not use anything else besides this.

Pros

It help us as a whole keep everything organized. It also makes it easy to find the information/data that we need. Additionally, this software makes and keeps payments organized as well.

Cons

There is not anything that I least like about the software but the accounting portion or option of the software is something that we have not yet tested out. Therefore, the accounting part is something that we have not used yet from this software.

Hi, Tu - Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a great review! Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

TB

Tina B.

Faithful supporter

I love the customer service when you call in :)

Pros

I can be anywhere and as long as I can get online I can answer questions for my Owners and tenants.

Cons

how often it goes down and changes that are made that are not always good for everyone.

We're always glad to see people showing our support team some love. Thanks, Tina! - Charlie W

SP

Scott P.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Easy to use but need to improve commercial focus

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and simple to use. The different areas are easy to identify and give us the ability to use the security features to limit employees access to only the areas of need. We also really like the tenant portal.

Cons

We are a commercial real estate company and there are many features that could/should be added to make Propertyware more usable to our industry. It is very obvious the original focus of the software as been in the residential area. The reporting also needs more flexibility.

BC

Benton C.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Good software with a lot of good features. Lacks innovation and an open API

Pros

Revenue generating features Has everything we need to run our company Good report system Has abilty for tenants/owners to make payments Application screening built in Listing syndication built in Owner draws on a mass scale are pretty easy to do Portals for tenants and owners with communication module

Cons

no open or capable AP The customer portals are archaic in design and sometimes does not work on mobile phones Accounting practices are too complicated Wish it was more open to customization

JW

Janet W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Learning curve can be daunting but worth it

Pros

Robust tool with automated updates to available properties.

Cons

Would like to display individual property links on social media. Copying the link of the property and pasting pulls a 401 error.Tenant application form needs to be more flexible and adaptable.Finding a particular item not intuitive but we have gotten used to working with the system.

We appreciate your feedback. If you haven't already, let our customer support team know about your suggestions. - Charlie

NM

Nadin M.

Great Software

Pros

This software is easy to use and very well organized. I also love the customer service!

Cons

I wish that it would offer an amortization schedule and Land contracts! I think that will be a great opportunity for many people including our company.

Lv

Lukas v.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Learning curve

We started using Propertyware at the beginning of 2016. Our old record keeping methods were a mix of Excel, Quickbooks and paper records. Inputting all of the information in Propertyware took a fair bit of work. Having loaded all of the information, it remains difficult to get the information we need out of the system. It has taken a significant amount of time to get to where we are. Yet, I do not feel that we are able to get our arms around this beast.

Pros

Propertyware allows you to move all of your rental business processes online, not only for your own office, but for tenants, owners and vendors as well. Rental applications, screening, billing, payments, bookkeeping, reporting, record keeping, communication, Propertyware does it all. Over the years a great deal of features have been added to Propertyware to accommodate a wide variety of property management practices. However, Propertyware doesn’t have the number of users or the budget required to hone them to perfection.

Cons

The system is quite complex and involves a significant learning curve. Moreover, there is little to guide any process or work-flow. Propertyware offers various training options, that aim to train users in the proper work-flow, but they take time and don’t directly address specific issues. Online documentation, cases and knowledge base is password protected and not searchable with Google. You can only search with the built in search engine, which is inferior to Google. This limits the usability of the on line documentation. Propertyware relies too much on Push (training) and not enough on Pull (enable users to find information).

KS

Kathy S.

Real Estate,

WARNING! System has problems and glitches

Pros

We have several bank accounts for a few owner portfolios and a separate bank account for the management company. Propertyware allows for check payments to default to a specific bank account, which is great; however, the software has a problem and does not consistently default to the correct bank account.

Cons

The support team often sounds like they are reading from a manual and don't have a true understanding of property management and reports. When advising how to perform a task, they often do not understand the multifaceted implications that a credit or debit may have on a tenant or owner account. I have used Real Page products for most of my 30-year property management career. There are other software companies with better products. Propertyware charges extra for maintenance features that other software companies offer as a standard feature. I found this product to be much more expensive than others.

CR

Cecille R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Propertyware in general is user friendly.

Pros

Propertyware is easy to navigate. There are lessons or support guide from the Support tab where questions can be answered.

Cons

I can't say anything I like least because my work is just basic and I have all I need in the system.

TR

Tiffany R.

Review Property ware

It has been pretty good over all but I would like to have better customer service with people that actually know how to use the product.

Pros

It does not take to long to learn how to use.

Cons

The reports, Customer service reps do not know how to use the product. I know more then they do so they do not know how to fix problems.

Hi, Tiffany - Thanks for submitting a review. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a great Support experience. I've passed your feedback along to product and support leadership and hope we can address your concerns. Cheers, Casi

AB

Ana B.

PropertyWare review

Pros

The customer service line is always very efficient and they have a very good attitude to help.

Cons

Sometimes the processes are very complicated to follow.

Thanks for your review, Ana. Our support team appreciates your kind words!

LR

LaToya R.

Excellent replacement of QuickBooks for a Mgmt Company

Saving time and allowing me to make more money. Creates so much automation that I can now literally make money while I’m sleep as almost everything is handled.

Pros

I love how much time this saves me during the Accounting process and no longer having to manually create owner statements. It has been such a blessing as we’ve gotten more doors. It gives us the appearance of a much larger entity and it provides convenience for the tech savvy tenants and owners.

Cons

It is not a full blown accounting system. I can not reconcile the credit cards. As a result we still use QuickBooks but I haven’t quite figured out how to sync it to QuickBooks with no issues.

Hi, LaToya - Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing Realpage

PR

Penny R.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Propertyware is the worst!

Absolutely horrible. Totally regret switching to Propertyware from Appfolio.

Pros

The only thing about the software that is good is the fact that it's legible.

Cons

Propertyware never works correctly. Our company goes months and months (literally) with a nonworking or improperly working product. No matter what the malfunction the answer from support is always, "This will be escalated to development." We constantly have to call and email to receive any kind of response.

MB

Megan B.

Difficult to Use at Times

Pros

Ease of sharing documents with owners and tenants

Cons

Navigating between pages doesn't seem smooth. Reports are very difficult to generate the information that you need, filters do not work efficiently. Logs you out at random times and gives and error message.

KD

Kashee D.

#1 in Customer Support

I cannot rave enough about the Support Team. They are always patient and polite and willing to help.

Pros

The best feature of our service is the Support Team! I can always count on them for help every single time! They are always SPOT ON!

Cons

Only wish is to better learn the product and ALL it has to offer.

Thanks for your wonderful words about our support group, Kashee. This will make everyone's day when I share this with the team! - Charlie W

jM

jr M.

Poor quality property management

VERY POOR, if I was NOT forced to use it, I would not use it.

Pros

I cant find much to like. Pay me, maybe I can find something....

Cons

The software does NOT accommodate ownership, was promised by PW that there would be a module--never appeared. NOT even on the drawing board, promises made, not kept. Very disappointing. Document storage is not even CLOSE to usable, as you cannot title or label folders. Very confusing to residents.

MB

Mary B.

Working efficiently

As it continue to progress the changes have been very helpful and easier to use

Pros

The call center, I do a couple of test calls through the month during the time that I've had the software and they have awesome customer service not only do they same me time but money as where I have more free time to work on another important things that need my attention.

Cons

$19 credit card fee for customers, I had to get another service for this alternative product

Hi, Mary- Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Can we quote you on your Call Center experience? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

MK

Mike K.

Propertyware

Overall being able to speak with a customer service person to solve a quick question is great. Most other companies direct you to a video which still may not solve your issue.

Pros

Customer service is great. In general Propertyware as a company seem interested providing solution to my problems

Cons

Some of the features that are offered like marketing seem complicated and I don't know where to start or what questions to ask to even start using the features.

NM

Noah M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best company I've dealt with.

Accounting, reporting, lease management, task management & business planning.

Pros

Propertyware is ever evolving to customer demands & market needs. Excellent customer service. Great features & the open API is an example of how they want to cater to your needs.

Cons

The only 2 features I've found to be missing is functionality to cleanly pay property management fees & there aren't any other languages offered.

TM

Tammy M.

Working Excellence

I enjoy using it more than other software that I have used in the past.

Pros

The platform is very user-friendly. I have only been using this for a year. I am still learning everything this software can do and I learn more and more each day I use it. So far, I am loving the options and all the info available to me and my team as well as my residents.

Cons

There seem to be glitches with certain things when trying to merge applicants, but it gets sorted out and the help desk really seems to know what they are doing and get me back on the right track again.

NG

Nathan G.

Comprehensive software

I've been using Propertyware for almost three years. It is very robust and they are constantly adding new features like the mobile app, inspections, maintenance manager, and electronic signatures. It has a steep learning curve, particularly if you are new to property management software. However, they do their best to set you up for success with a trainer, online training videos, user manual, and a help forum. If you are still having trouble, you can submit a trouble ticket or call their support line and they will help you solve the problem.

Pros

Very comprehensive features. I like the ability to add customized fields without limitation, which helps me track things important to my company. The reports can also be customized and there are plenty to choose from. The ability to communicate with tenants, owners, and vendors directly through the software is nice. The mobile app is very helpful when away from the office.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't seem to stay up-to-date with data. I often look up a tenant and the software takes a few minutes to update. The tenant and owner ledgers are very, very detailed, which is more than most owners/tenants want. I wish there were a way to simplify the display to avoid confusion.

WK

William K.

Efficient property management app

Its been a solid database for all our information and helps us take on over 900 properties

Pros

It’s very useful having all this important information all in one place where you can easily search anything you need quickly. It’s a very helpful service and is essential in our day to day work.

Cons

Some minor glitches and bugs but they can usually be fixed quickly

KB

Kathy B.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Propertyware daily use

Good Experience

Pros

Easy to find information once you know how to use the system

Cons

Some difficulty finding solutions without having to use support team