Propertyware Reviews - Page 6

Fan of PropertyWare

Overall, very happy, excited for continued development.

Pros

Huge fan of the 2 way API and the ease of use with other technology that is essential for property managers.

Cons

Owners can only have 1 bank account in the system. Owners with multiple portfolios typically have bank accounts for each portfolio. The only work around here is multiple owner portals in order to have multiple wire instructions for each owner.

Hi, Jim - Thanks so much for the positive review. Do we have your permission to use your API quote? We appreciate your feedback on the Owner bank account as well. I have passed that information on to the product manager.

Outstanding

Pros

I can access the system anytime anywhere. Everything I need in one place. Tenants and owner can go online to see the documents they need. Tax time made easy for owners.

Cons

While being a not so often issue, I get kicked offline.

Poor quality property management

VERY POOR, if I was NOT forced to use it, I would not use it.

Pros

I cant find much to like. Pay me, maybe I can find something....

Cons

The software does NOT accommodate ownership, was promised by PW that there would be a module--never appeared. NOT even on the drawing board, promises made, not kept. Very disappointing. Document storage is not even CLOSE to usable, as you cannot title or label folders. Very confusing to residents.

Good Technical Support Help

Pros

When I have a need, I get answers from whom ever they have to contact and the staff is always polite

Cons

The system runs slowly at some times of the day. Seems to happen in the afternoon most often

This reviewer only left a rating

I have been using Properyware for two months now. I previously used Appfolio for approximately one year, and I find Propertyware to be much more user friendly. I know more about the software in two months than I knew about Appfolio in a year. Their customer service department is outstanding. You have the option of emailing or calling to speak with someone immediately, and always receive a follow-up...

Great software

Pros

I like having multiple options to pay owner draws.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons, except that as a new user the software was not super intuitive.

PropertyWare - Excellent for Small and Medium size Businesses

I've been using PW for about a year and really like the product. I have experience with Buildium, Yardi & Real Page.

Pros

* Very easy to use; very intuitive. I have not had to use the help menu or tutorials very often. * Customer Service has been excellent whenever I don't know what to do i the software, but know what I want to get done operationally.

Cons

* The mobile app is good, but not great. I would like to see more functionality and info look-up. * Initial set-up took longer than expected with their set-up team. Plan for at least 6 weeks when you pull the trigger.

Lots of Features with Even More Glitches

Pros

Lots of features and lots of reports. They have good portals for both owner and tenant.

Cons

They have lots of great ideas and great ad ons, however ALL of these add on are lacking usability and are filled with glitches. From the Docusign feature (one step up from worthless although great idea), their inspection feature is the worst I have ever used and I have been through a lot, their Maintenance plus add on is not user friendly and not ready for market as of June 2016. I used it when it was "released" in 2015 and again in 2016. Nothing much has changed. They are loaded with great ideas but can't execute any of them.

Do Your Due Diligence!

Pros

It allows for a lot of flexibility with the type of portfolio and diversity of properties. They provide unlimited support.

Cons

Reporting is limited and complicated to use. Users require a lot of support and training to do this on their own. The vendor is unwilling to customize reports and unwilling to recommend outside vendors to assist. The product does not link to Online Bank. The accounting package is limited and does not allow for reoccurring depreciation. Every module requires a lot of time and support for setup.

Poor customer service and follow up

Pros

The program does the basics but that is about it. They have added staff to help with customer service but it has not made a difference.

Cons

Poor customer service and follow up, tenant online payment fees are outrageous and their answer was "don't worry the tenant pays them", interface is behind the times. I would give other options a serious look.

Propertyware Nightmare

Looking for a new software to replace Propertyware and I then I never want to hear about this company again. They say that they are #1 in the market.....I say they are the bottom of the barrel. If anyone can recommend a good software to replace these clowns please let me know. Target is to replace them by Jan 1st.

Pros

Software is basic and easy to setup and operate. My clients love the portals and ability to wire.

Cons

So many issues that I could write a book so i will limit it to the one section of the software that should be solid and is NOT. Accounting section is extremely poor. It is clear that the software was written by persons with NO clue of accounting and it's importance. You waste ALL of your time trying to audit reports or figure out the reports and I have an accounting background so I can only imagine...

Streamlined efforts thanks to propertyware

Propertyware has been a key part in our success, although other software is available and I have used MRI, Yardi, and tested the waters with AppFolio, propertyware meets our needs everyday with single family property management. The ease of use along with the customization available to our team truly allows us to manage our portfolios the way we need it to, rather than the way a specific software requires us to. Customer support has always been able to walk us through any feature questions either by phone or email. Propertyware is not 100% all encompassing however I have seen several feature requests implemented during the time we've been using propertyware.

Cons

Hard to understand at first but very once you get it its easy

Organization skills

Pros

It lets you customize things like the building, rates, and apartments easily. Slow tech support but they usually figure out if something is wrong

Cons

Tech support can be very slow. Very old looking. Also wish there was a maintenance side for things in the property

Hi, Anae - Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We do have a maintenance application as well. I'll have someone reach out to discuss that with you. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Director - Product Marketing

Not a very good property management package.

Would NOT recommend this software as it's too cumbersome to use daily!

Pros

Most property management software has the features in this package. The package is very difficult to use no matter what type of account you login in as. The pro is the I haven't spent a significant amount of money for this product!

Cons

Very clumsy interface; difficult to get through to the reports that we use the most. No connection into Quickbooks so we are doing double entry.

Not my cup of tea

Pros

I have tried many different property management softwares and this one is kinda not good for me. I own a small amount of rentals, so the pricing is too high for that number and functionality is also lacks features I need.

Cons

Too pricy for a small landlord and the design looks quite hard for me.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Propertyware. While you didn't find that it met the needs of your small PMC, we hope you'll consider us again as your company needs grow and change.

Useful software that's feature rich. Could have used some more supporting tutorials and intro.

Pros

The application is feature rich, cloud-based and comprehensive in its offering. The browser-based interface was nice and was pretty responsive.

Cons

Could be more intuitive and come with better start-up tutorials. It would have been helpful to be able to better manage sub-accounts and allow for multiple logins to access different accounts.

Just not what my instance requires

Upon reviewing your software, it does have a lot of good features. As a former software developer I can appreciate the thought that went into supplying a product for the masses to use in actual "Property Management" however my needs are more along the lines of needing a place to schedule maintenance, keep track of upcoming inspections (fire, sprinkler, etc.) and supplier/contractor maintenance as well as somewhere to keep a list of item numbers for various upkeep items, alarms, bulbs, etc. I guess I would say Property Maintenance would be a better suited package for me.

PropertyWare

Software and tech support are fantastic now that it's all up and running. On-boarding was pretty rough but it looks like they did a massive internal overhaul on their on-boarding department just as we were finishing our rollout so likely a non-issue any longer. Their tech support is so amazing I don't even have the words to adequately describe it. We love it!

Pros

Easy to use, amazing support

Behind other software brands

If this was not required by my franchise, I would go with a different product. At this point I am so fed up with PropertyWare I am considering using a different product despite the requirements.

Pros

Has lots of features. Nothing else. They are requiring me to put in 100 characters, but I don't have 100 characters worth of good to say about it.

Cons

Jumps to different screens Reports are difficult to understand and there is no explanation Difficult to make changes, locks entries for needless reasons Most customer service personal have very bad accents. I don't have a problem with people from other countries, but it gets really frustrating when they can't understand you and you can't understand them. Horrible, NNN tracking.

Bad customer service. This is not what we signed up for!

Pros

Sales staff sold us on a lot of great features we were looking for, which in the end didn't exist in the system.

Cons

Every day was a new excuse and a bag full of apologies, but no one ever resolved any of the issues. They just re-routed us to someone else in the organization. They made us do all of our data transfer info on our own which took our company 2 months. Then once we launched, we did not have any support to get us through the issues we ran into. They set us up to fail. They promised the world and delivered poor structure and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

OVerall Great

So far the product has been great. A few hiccups happen here and there

Cons

I use this software on a daily basis and it does have some great features

Pros

This is pretty easy software to use. I can move through seamlessly with out much problem. Doesn't require a lot of time to train.

Cons

I wish it transported more information from property ware to the property ware maintenance side. Such a full tenant contact info not just primary contact. Also wish that when you send an email through the maintenance system it was traceable after it is sent or directly showed up in our email as sent.

Propertyware

Pros

The ease of use, and attributes are very good! It’s knowledge base is a great necessity resource. It’s easy to maneuver.

Cons

Pricing, minimum of units. The pricing can get pretty steep compared to other software that don’t have a minimum of units.

Problematic

It is a very difficult system to navigate; have to go through multiple screens just to get information relating to one property. Visually unappealing, and different features do not always show up on certain monitors. {ie: "unpaid bills" watermark} Very expensive, and someone redundant. The widget at the top of the banking tab is very inconvenient, yet there is no way to disable it. The global search...

Basics at a good price

There are similar/other programs out there that can do this and more without as much trouble.

Pros

Works best for very small management needs, has feature for late notices on rent that is fabulous and easy to use. The program can be used anywhere as it is cloud based.

Cons

Software is better for large scale property management where I needed something on a smaller scale.