Propertyware Logo

DB

Danielle B.

propertyware review

it s ok. no complaints

Pros

It s 1 place for landlord, tenants and me to be . 1 platform

Cons

it s not easy to use. The accounting part. plus if tenant or landlord no longer there they still get stament. there is not a way to keep them there but just as pause or something

SF

Shelly F.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Set Up Is A Nightmare-No Support

We are setting up one of our property managers. It has been a cluster of epic proportions. We can't get a straight answer to any of our questions on timelines for operations, escalations are a joke, and we feel like we are not very important to them. It seems like the departments don't communicate well with each other and I am beyond frustrated.

Pros

It offers a lot of options IF you can get it up and running

Cons

The initial set up process. If this was easier it would make this experience so much better

Very good software. Tons of features and options. Sometimes cumbersume, but full of great tools!

Pros

All of the features and customization options. We have used Propertyware for over 3 years. It has helped us streamline, analyze, and improve our operations.

Cons

It can be a very cumbersome tool at times. Propertyware can be used by someone with a few properties or a property management company with a thousand properties. Being a smaller company means we use it on a far smaller level than some may.

DR

Diane R.

Property Manger PW review Nov 21

the customer service center workers are all professional and patient. Some times it takes over an hour for a call in to end for issues but they get the job done.

Pros

Easy to use and a one stop shop for keeping track of the properties.

Cons

The way you have to attach documents and not really clear with report features when you want specific information pulled you have to hunt for it to be generated.

sc

sharon c.

Controller

Very good integration, training tapes a bit boring and not really drilled down deep enough. Customer service is fantastic!

Pros

My tenants are using their portal, paying rent online, signing leases online, and communicating better with us. The customer service group is great in answering questions and helping me solve daily issues that come up in a timely fashion. MOSTLY, I THINK THE ONLINE TRAINING IS NOT INTERESTING OR EFFECTIVE.

Cons

The price per month isn't cost effective for many smaller owners I think.

RA

Richard A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great tool for rental property owners!

Primarily income/expense and tax reporting.

Pros

Comprehensive data model and robust reporting capability.

Cons

There is a bit of complexity because of the robust nature of the product, makes some things harder to do than expected.

Hi, Richard - Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. Would you be willing to do a testimonial for us? Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director, Product Marketing Realpage

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Best Support

Great!

Pros

Best customer service support. They are very friendly and easy to understand

Cons

The portal interface needs to be changed

dd

david d.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Software with advance functionality not for the "just want to collect rent" user.

Pros

I enjoy the problem solving aspect of the software. Everything that happens in real life should is mirrored through the software. The customization, mail merge, import/export, reporting, work flow is seamless.

Cons

User interface is a bit dated. And not being able to open tabs in multiple windows.

JA

Jason A.

Solid Property Management Software

Overall love it, support is excellent.

Pros

This is critical software to running my business!

Cons

It can be challenging to set-up but it is worth the time

Thanks for your review, Jason! As with adopting any new software, it can be a lot of work to set up. Continue to work with our support team for assistance or questions you may have. - Charlie W

ME

Michael E.

Investment Management, self-employed

Propertyware’s property management program

My experience with Propertyware is been great. Customer service was excellent each time I had to reach out for their assistance.

Pros

Propertyware’s property management program is great I don’t know how our company would function without it.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about Propertyware’s software

JO

Jasmine O.

Wonderful and easy

Pros

Easy to use - and you can create custom fields to cater to your company's needs. Uploading images with ease.

Cons

I would like to add the standard markup for vendors to the portfolio verses the vendor themselves. Since management agreements may vary in percentage I would like to customize this field. Right now the only markup area is located in the vendor field.

MM

Maria M.

It's okay

I need something easy that will work with QuickBooks and has a double entry type accounting program

Pros

It was the first program we used - it was great at first. They were supposed to help us incorporate QuickBooks into it but that never happened

Cons

That it is not a accounting type program - it goes off line at times that are inconvenient to us because we are in Australia time zone

TB

Tara B.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Banking Features could be improved

Pros

I do like that customer service is always friendly and easy to reach.

Cons

The banking features. We have several different portfolios and bank accounts and EVERY month, we have deposits going into the wrong account. Most frustrating, is that it shows up like it went to the correct account on the epay report, but it didn't, so you have to piece the bank reconciliations together. Also, equally frustrating, is that the rent money deposits don't have a batch id so I can't match up the deposits easily. Every month, I spend HOURS (no exaggeration) on the phone with customer support so that they can pull the deposit details for me.

SG

Shonnie G.

WE LOVE PROPERTYWARE

Great experience overall with function capabilities

Pros

This software is very user friendly. The capabilities and functions far exceed what we utilize. We have been using this program for over 10 years and have still not exceeded it's capabilities.

Cons

There have been some instances where the applications glitch out.

em

elena m.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

The accounting part of the software can be improved.

No benefits, I have to use it but there are many shortcomings in the software.

Pros

Leases and Money in. I don't like anything else

Cons

Management, owner ledger, Journal Entries, financial reports, vendor invoices.

kP

kennethk P.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Poor customer service and follow up

Pros

The program does the basics but that is about it. They have added staff to help with customer service but it has not made a difference.

Cons

Poor customer service and follow up, tenant online payment fees are outrageous and their answer was "don't worry the tenant pays them", interface is behind the times. I would give other options a serious look.

SP

Suzan P.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Propertyware use

great!

Pros

Flexibility, information. Property ware is user friendly for the most part. Navigating in and out of different screens is easy. Trying to create a report is confusing though.

Cons

Trying to create a custom report is confusing

Thanks for your review, Suzan!

SS

Suzanne S.

Propertyware review

It is mostly good

Pros

It is user friendly. They do a good job of adding new features to the program.

Cons

The way late fees are processed.The Enhanced rent roll can't be done for past months.

AA

Amy A.

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Great Product Full of Information and Recording Records

There is still much to learn but am liking the ease of use and the amount of data that can be obtained.

Pros

I like that there are many options to track just about anything. from tracking tenant correspondence, payment records, reporting etc. There is just more to discover then I can imagine. Very user friendly. If there are questions I can look it up easily or give customer support a call.

Cons

The set up we could have used more time and understanding of the product. Accuracy of data entry was not spot on but was overcome.

gh

gabriel h.

Propertyware Nightmare

Looking for a new software to replace Propertyware and I then I never want to hear about this company again. They say that they are #1 in the market.....I say they are the bottom of the barrel. If anyone can recommend a good software to replace these clowns please let me know. Target is to replace them by Jan 1st.

Pros

Software is basic and easy to setup and operate. My clients love the portals and ability to wire.

Cons

So many issues that I could write a book so i will limit it to the one section of the software that should be solid and is NOT. Accounting section is extremely poor. It is clear that the software was written by persons with NO clue of accounting and it's importance. You waste ALL of your time trying to audit reports or figure out the reports and I have an accounting background so I can only imagine...

MB

Martha B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Propertyware's Customer Service is Outstanding

We have software that we can readily access for our business needs. Accounting, rent rolls, ledgers and maintenance.

Pros

I use propertyware for prospects, maintenance, conversion, uploading payments, and monitoring ledgers. Each of these features is so easy to use. More importantly, if I run into a problem the propertyware staff is so professional, so friendly, so knowing that the staff, all of them are equipped to handle any problem you may have. And they are very patient and don't ever make you feel that a question you ask is so stupid, never.

Cons

So far, I have no least about the software. For the things I need to do, it's top of the line.

MH

Mequeeta H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Easy to use for small property or individual rentals

I believe the software is great for a small company.

Pros

I enjoy the simple processes of generating leases and setting up a reidents profile.

Cons

I dislike the renewal process. There are too many steps to process a renewal.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Mequeeta! - Charlie W

PB

Patty B.

Propertyware Review

Good...if I have a question, customer service has always been able to answer it.

Pros

Easy to use and the integration process was mostly smooth.

Cons

For TAWs, the s/w doesn't automatically populate for the next month.

JT

Joy T.

Commercial Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Propertyware User

Pros

I was not trained to use Propertyware. I call for assistance often. The support team is EXCELLENT! I appreciate all the help they give me.

Cons

Tenant Payment portal could be easier for the tenants use. I always get complaints from the tenants when they try to set up automatic payments.

LT

Laurie T.

Grateful for Propertyware

Love this software. Easy to use.

Pros

Love that reports can be made and love the credit check feature and DocuSign feature.

Cons

Would like for a completed document to be received the same time that the management signs the document. Sometimes the completed documents come in days later or not at all.