Rent Manager Reviews - Page 2

Best overall property management program

Being the manger of all work orders, I am BUSY. I can be out in the field take pictures, notes, add work orders, anything I want to do all over my phone. No matter what time it is. Online support is quick and will not stop until they fix it. No more can a tenant say that we didn't fix anything. I can have pictures, time frames, and they sign.... Thank you rent mananger

Pros

Online is the best ever App make life so much easier unlimited memory (online) Support is the best, will show you step by step or get a group of people to fix it Adding work orders is so easy and i can have every step stored I could keep going all day

Cons

Online is alot to learn Logs you out too quickly for not using it

Thank you so much for your review Walter! Our customer support team appreciates the shout out as well! We do have a security feature in place that will log you out after a specific length of inactivity in the program. Please reach out to your sales rep or sales@rentmanager.com to see if something can be changed regarding this feature.

I have worked this program for 6 years now and I love it

Pros

the drill down feature. Being able to find Tenants with different information. All of us use different things so remember different information. I use names, another worker uses Owners and another uses addresses. While speaking with Owners, I can always get the answers I need from this program to help answer any questions they have.

Cons

I would like to customize the reports without extra purchase I wish there was a book to reference when training someone new to the program. Videos work some but most of the people I have helped train are hands on learners and with a book, I could show them some and then let them explore the systemn with the book.

Hi Linda, Thank you so much for your review! We've loved working with you over the past 6 years and here's to many more in the future. Each month, we offer Virtual Classroom training sessions, which comes with a digital workbook for further training. I will also mention the need for other workbook options to our training team to look into for you.

Positive Experience with Rent Manager

Pros

The most recent version, Rent Manager 12, is a much better user experience and comes with many improvements; we just converted on May 7. The staff overseeing the conversion did a great job in helping us be prepared and we converted with very little issues, all of which were resolved quickly. Additionally, we have had very good experiences with Customer Support and think that the company does a good job of listening and considering suggested enhancements.

Cons

There are a few minor navigational items that could be improved but nothing we would consider a major issue. As with any software, you'll always find yourself saying "I wish it did [this]" but it serves the purpose well for property management companies.

Hi Susan, Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear the conversion process went well and we can’t wait to see what all you do with Rent Manager 12. Let us know if you ever need assistance or if you have any thoughts on how we can make our program even stronger.

Highly Satisfied

Pros

Very user friendly, the sky is the limit for functionality, and customer service is exceptional. I have had conversations with all departments of Rent Manager, and everyone I have ever talked to has went above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied and that everything is working properly. Our account manager from Rent Manager is always reaching out making sure we are aware of all the updates to make we are utilizing the program in all areas, and always checks in to make sure we are happy with everything. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

I can't say that I have anything bad to say about this company. Any time we have a complaint or issue it is always addressed and they always follow up.

Hi Danielle, Thank you so much for your feedback! We’ve loved working with United Apartments over the years and we can’t wait to show you what all we have planned for the future!

Robust system for property management

Rent Manager assigns you a dedicated "trainer" for a 60 day period in which you can schedule as many phone calls as you would like. The trainer logs in to your computer and guides you through step by step how to use the system. When the 60 days was over, we felt ready to be on our own. However, we are still learning new things day by day. Overall, this is a great program and I would recommend it to any property management company!

Pros

This software is very robust and can handle more complex property management tasks. This is the only software I have found that I can use for my full accounting needs. I stopped using Quickbooks and fully use Rent Manager now. It can handle property management and real estate transactions simultaneously. It is able to automatically handle a lot of items I was having to do manually with my previous system.

Cons

Sometimes my co-worker and I get kicked off of the system for no reason. Occasionally we also have to log out and log back in to be able to print. I don't know if this is due to our internet connection or the software. There was an extensive training period needed (60 days) and we are still fine tuning our use.

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your review and welcome to the Rent Manager family! Our training team appreciates the shout out and Carson loved working with you all as well. Typically if there is a connection issue, it is the internet connection. Next time it occurs, feel free to give our support team a call and we can help identify the issue on the spot. Also, definitely check out our training calendar (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/training/training-calendar/) for all of the live training courses available each week. This can help you become a Rent Manager Guru in no time!

Continuous improvement

I had some latency issues recently and RM put a network engineer on the line with me and walked me through some issues we were experiencing. Initially I thought the problem was with RM and then I thought it was with my ISP. The network engineer tweaked some setting and it helped a lot. I asked if there was any charge and they said no problem.

Pros

I'm a bit of a power user and this product allows me to customize in many ways. Customer service is readily available.

Cons

It is a bit complex and therefore there is some learning curve for my staff. They say it's not particularly intuitive.

Hi Steve, Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear our systems team was able to assist you with the network issues you were experiencing. In regards to training, I highly recommend Rent Manager University, our free weekly webinars (on demand recordings available), and our help file (F1) to help you learn new features within the program as well as a few tips and tricks. As always, you can also give us a call if you or anyone on your team needs assistance as well.

Rent Manager Upgrade

We are very happy we chose to stay with Rent Manager and upgrading rather than switching to a new program. RM transferred all our historical information over to the new version so the transition was almost seamless!

Pros

We were familiar with Rent Manager. We love the in-depth financial reports. The RM 12 version has many more customizing options in all areas of the software. RM University was a great help in learning the new version.

Cons

Sometimes a little slow in moving from area to area. Have to wait for RM customer service to call back when having a problem.

Hi Covey Regional Management, Thank you for your review! I will pass your comments regarding speed and customer service back to our management team. We are constantly looking to improve both of these areas and would appreciate any additional feedback you might have. Feel free to send us any additional feedback via our new Feature Request Form: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Have a great day!

Fabulous - all-inclusive - property management software!

Pros

I like that it can handle every aspect of my property management business. From accounting to contact management, work orders, advertising, inspections, tenant screenings, collections - you name it. If the program doesn't handle it, they have an integrated partner that does. Amazing one-stop shop for your property management needs. Robust and efficient! Priced right too!

Cons

Inspection functionality could use some work, but tech support is available and working with me on a daily basis to ensure the program works right for my needs.

Thank you for your review Susan! We're so glad Rent Manager has been able to help your business these past few years. We would love any additional feedback you might have for our inspection features. Please submit additional feedback here https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/, and our management team will review the submission.

Rent Manager_Review

managing commercial real estate

Pros

how easy to use and similar to quick books

Cons

hmmmmm not really sure, my staff has some issues with tenant over payments

Hi Nick, Thank you for your review! Please reach out to our support team (800-669-0871 option 4) and we can help review tenant over-payments with your team to find a solution.

Great way to organize your properties.

I can speak intelligently and have charts, graphs, and any type of reports necessary to convey all required information to owners.

Pros

The selection of reports available to run for owners is great; The ability to customize the reports if need be; The breakdown of each property; The ability to create new locations for new projects.

Cons

Hold time for customer service; the process of running through all the check boxes of some reports; the inability to email customer statements in a group, rather it is done one by one.

Hi Red Star Property Management, Thank you for your feedback! I will pass your comments regarding customer service and reports back to our management team. We are constantly looking to improve Rent Manager and would appreciate any additional feedback you might have. Feel free to send us any feedback via our new Feature Request Form: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Have a great day!

Helped us grow from 200 to 2,000 units

Helped us automate our process and develop systems that allowed us to scale our business fast.

Pros

The capacity to handle all aspects of property management. Maintenance work orders, financial management, automated reporting, owner and tenant login, web based and modern. I have tried all the competitors and none covered all the bases quite like RM.

Cons

No complaints. Any details we were looking for improvement on have been added through one of their updates. RM is progressive and always coming out with improved features and updates to the software.

Hi Jesse, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear Rent Manager has been able to help you run and scale your business. If there is ever a particular feature you'd like to see added, feel free to give us a call or submit a request here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/.

So happy with the product and the support. It's everything we need and more.

Pros

Rent Manager is extremely powerful but also incredibly intuitive and simple to use. It just makes sense and works great. The customer support is also phenomenal. If you have a question you can just call support and someone knowledgeable and friendly will answer your question within minutes.

Cons

If I had to pick something it would be a couple very minor limitations with the reports and accounting for reserves. The reports and accounting are amazing, but there are just a couple things that we'd like to do that we can't. We have very simple workarounds so it's not a big deal at all but if I had to pick something, that would be it.

Thank you so much for your review RJ and our support team appreciates the shout out! We would love to hear about any additional features that could assist your business. Please submit any requests here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Our management team will review your request and see if it can be added to an upcoming development cycle.

Every community owner needs Rent Manager!

Pros

Everything you need in one place and a lot of integrations possible. Customer service is on point every single time.

Cons

Ongoing training, besides the weekly webinars cost money. For an owner/management team member who does "everything" it is impossible to learn everything on my own and costly if I need a special training for several categories. Each "license" has a monthly cost, wish those were a tad lower.

Hi Casey, Thank you so much for your review! We’re happy to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager and our quickly growing integrations list. If you are looking for additional free training to supplement our free weekly webinars, we highly recommend checking out Rent Manager University, which is full of helpful training videos, as well as the help file within the program (F1). You can also give us a call at any time if you are looking for a particular feature.

Broker/Owner

Overall this has been a good software for our business, having not used other programs it is hard to compare, we get what we need at a good price, as they say "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

Pros

Easy to work with, the display and layout work very well, and you can undo transactions without having to jump through hoops.

Cons

I think the C.A.M side could be better, and setting up multi user's was a problem to stop people getting into the wrong property.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly making updates to our software and we would love to hear how we can make our CAM module even better for your business. Please let us know any ideas you might have via our Feature Request Form (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/). Our management team will review your submission and see if it would be a good fit for an upcoming development cycle.

Great Product and Service

Have been a Rent Manager user for over seven years. Always have tremendous service with any question or concern.

Pros

The software is the easiest to customize of any that I have researched. This was tremendously important for our business and has allowed us to grow the business with ease to adapt to changes in technology and the business.

Cons

1. Have to write a con in this section to complete survey! Would like to see a work flow ability allowing us to integrate our Share Point and Rent Manager software.

Thank you so much for your review Greg! We’re happy to hear you’ve been able to grow your business with Rent Manager these past seven years. We would love to research the Share Point integration as well. I will have your Account Manager reach out so we can learn more about what you would like to use this integration for and see what we can do.

Property Management Software

Pros

Its easy to use and its has a clean interface. The customer service is great. I like that this is a remote service so updates are done seamlessly- no servers, no downtime.

Cons

Some of the areas need fine tuning- like the Service Manager. There a bit of a learning curve for using more in depth areas, the permissions and preferences setting can get confusing.

Thank you for your feedback Soranda! We're so glad to hear you like the updated interface of RM12. I will pass along your comments regarding Service Manager and we will look into this for you. Also, if you ever need help with permissions or preferences, we are constantly keeping our Help File (F1) updated to assist with any new permission options. Your Account Manager, Nick, can also help walk you through any of these settings. Feel free to give him a call at any time - we're always here to help.

Rent Manager

We moved from Quickbooks to Rent Manager last year and have found it easier to manage our rental business with the software that is tailored to our industry.

Pros

The ease of integration with Paylease makes scanning and depositing rent checks seamless. No more trips to the bank and the cost is minimal compared to other scanning equipment. I also like the ease of financial reporting for each building that we own.

Cons

There are a lot of boxes to check to make sure you are seeing complete information. For example, there are many ways to see tenants, including past and future, but each catagory needs to have the box checked to be able to see them.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear RM has been able to streamline your business processes. To help with seeing information, I would recommend checking out Command Launch at the top right of the program. You can also customize command launch to see what data appears under Personal Preferences > Command Launch.

Desiganated broker

Pros

It does a lot of features, many I don't really know how to use.

Cons

It does not capture communications between tenants and owners. I would like to be able to link my email to it so any emails would by on the history.

Hi Jason, Thank you so much for your review! If you are ever looking for help regarding a Rent Manager feature, if you press F1 while working in that feature, it will bring up the help file to walk you through each piece. You can also give us a call at any time and we can gladly walk you through any of the features available within the system. I will let our feature request team know about the email communication connection. You can also submit feature requests here if you would like to include additional detail: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ . We would love to hear your ideas!

Sales and Tech Support are AMAZING!

Pros

Since day one almost 7 years ago working with Rent Manager the sales and support staff have been phenomenal to work with. No matter what the question, no matter how big or small, or how many times, in the beginning, I bothered my Sales Rep, she was always willing to take as much time with me as I needed to answer any questions or help in any way she could. The tech support staff is also incredible and willing to work tirelessly to help with any issue, if there is one.

Cons

Hi Kurtex Property Management, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad to have you as a customer and it has been great working with you over the years. As always, reach out to us if you ever need any help or advice - we're always here for you. Here's to many more years working together!

Rent Manager Xi - Great value and functionality

It runs our business for us.

Pros

Customization, functionality and performance come together in this world class management tool. We have used RM Xi for years now in our PM business. Compared to the other PM software solutions, RM provides the most cost effective solution without sacrificing utility or features.

Cons

RM Xi still has a bit of a database feel to it. This has been corrected in RM12. Being on the cloud, there is also some internet connectivity issues that must be managed occasionally.

Hi PA Rental and Leasing Services Ltd, Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that Rent Manager is helping your business run smoothly. If you start to have internet connectivity issues again, definitely give our Support Team a call and we can help diagnose the cause of the issue.

I have used Rent Manager for 5 1/2 years. I have had a good experience overall.

Pros

Rent Manager syncs with other software programs that we use. It is easy to find all information for customers, prospects, etc.

Cons

It has been updating software more frequently causing differences in how the program works which can be confusing.

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you have been able to use our open API to help sync all of your systems into one. To help with all of our recent updates, in Rent Manager University, we post our release notes as well as quick training videos to walk you through new features. We have also completely renovated our help file - if you press F1 in any section of Rent Manager, it will take you directly to the help file for that section. If we can be of any assistance walking you through recent updates or specific features, feel free to give us a call. We'd love to help!

Far Superior Software ' Customer Service Bar None!

Dare I say Walt Disney himself would be impressed! :)

Pros

Rent Manager 12 is by far the most superior, flexible, manageable, creative software on the market for the Multi-Family Management/Owner Industry! After working with Rent Manager's staff for 2 years now, I cannot stop singing their praises! Their customer service is not only THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE staff, but friendliest, positive, creative folks bar none! Any questions you may have are 99.9% answered on the 1st phone call and you don't have to wait to go up the ladder for someone to help you.

Cons

Hi Robin, Thank you so much for your feedback! It has been a pleasure working with you over the years and we hope to continue bringing you great service in the years to come.

Extremely user friendly

Love that you can use it on your phone.

Pros

The program is easy to use. There are multiple ways to get to certain screens. Couldn't ask for a more user friendly program! Its helpful that you can use it for single family or multifamily homes.

Cons

It does not have spell check. The owners statements can also be confusing for owners. I believe the owners statements should more correlate directly with the items entered into the system or at least explain what those particular numbers reflect.

Thank you so much for your review Samantha! We love to hear that you are enjoying Rent Manager. We would be happy to help you customize the owner statements to be a better fit for your business. Please give us a call at anytime or email sales@rentmanager.com.

Rent Manager Software

Pros

We have been using Rent Manager since 2014 and are so happy with the ease of use and the customer support that we receive when we have a problem. I have not one had an issue that they could not solve. Rent Manager is constantly making improvement to help us in the industry to make our job easier. This dedication to our industry is what keep us coming back. Thank you Rent Manger!

Cons

In my eye's there is always room for improvement but Rent Manager continues to improve.

Hi Lynnette, Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager and that it is helping you run your business. If there is any feature you feel we should look into for the future, please let us know.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our company, Hershey Real Estate Services, Inc. made a decision last year to find a more efficient software for our property management division. While reviewing the products available for the industry, we wanted to find something that had a similar "feel" to the existing Investment Property Management software we were currently using. A thorough review was completed between 3 different products...