Rent Manager Reviews - Page 3

Rent Manager Software for Property Management

My company unfortunately switched from Rent Manager to a new software because of it not being very user friendly. I had used the software for 6 months upon first being hired.

Pros

My favorite thing about Rent Manager is the customizable dashboard. I love that you can move boxes around, color coordinate them, and add different reports for each one.

Cons

It is overall not very user friendly. I wish that you can access the software via the internet like Yardi. I also don't like that the software is basically a window, inside a window. It makes it difficult to move around or do split screen.

Hi Krissy, Thank you for your feedback. We're sad to see you go and wish we could have shown you a few options we have regarding the functionality you are looking for. We currently offer mobileRM, which can be used on any smart device or the recently released rmAppSuite Pro mobile app. You can also move tabs around to create a split screen or drag the tab onto a secondary monitor, similar to using a new browser tab. If there is anything we can do in the future, please let us know.

Rent Manager is a great software for Property Managment companies. It's a one stop shop basically!

Easy to use; customer service always helpful!

Pros

Customer Service is always on point! The software is user friendly once you get to know how to use it! You can log into the system via cell, ipad and desktop!

Cons

Have to change passwords too often! Customer service gets backed up and it may take a day or two to get a call back! However, they will call!

Hi Patricia, Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager and our customer service team really appreciates the shout out! Any time you need help, you can also email us at support@rentmanager.com and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible. It's been great working with you over the past few years - here's to many more in the future!

Efficient property management at your fingertips!

The RM App is great for working in the field! While limited, it does allow most functions needed and love that it syncs fast & quickly with my desktop version.

Pros

It tracks everything! Including productivity! It has a great App available that is user friendly & learning tools like RM University.

Cons

The set up of everything is intense. Remembering how to navigate and where to locate functions takes time.

Hi Vanessa! Thank you for your review. We're glad you're enjoying Rent Manager and our mobile app. If you haven't already, you should check out our recent redesign of the app, rmAppSuite Pro. Our software is comprehensive and full of features so don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need help.

Rent Manager Review

I am relatively new to this software but my company is not. With that said I am very appreciative of how easy it is to just jump in and start working alongside my coworkers who have been here for many years. A lot of the time I don't need to sit down and have someone walk me through everything because the layout of RM is quite easy to follow and figure out.

Pros

I really like the customization of rent manager and how easy it is to to contact customer support with any questions or concerns that I have. I also greatly enjoy how friendly the staff members that I talk to are.

Cons

Sometimes the wait time in certain areas of the software are quite high. Loading up inspections sometimes can take up to a couple minutes and when pulling reports I have seen wait times up to an hour.

Hi Timothy, Thank you so much for your review! We would love to look into the wait times you are experiencing in the software and see if we can help improve this for you. Feel free to give customer support a call next time you are running those particular reports and we will see what we can do.

Rent Manager Support: worth every penny...

I would recommend RM to anyone based solely on their customer support. When I was just learning, I made calls almost daily and was NEVER disappointed with the help I received. Now, when I call, it's usually a complicated accounting question and again, I am NEVER disappointed.

Pros

The RM software is very powerful and I appreciate being able to use the formatted reports as well as creating my own. The customer history tab has been invaluable to me as I use it to save emails, conversations etc. with tenants.

Cons

The font won't customize to a larger size.

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for your feedback! Our customer support team appreciates the shout out as well.

Easy to Use, Great Reports

Easy reports, easy to input information, you don't have to have property management experience to be able to use this software effectively.

Pros

It's very user-friendly. I like the ability to create my own reports. I manage multiple units with multiple private owners, this software handles that versatility well. Rent Manager has many uses I haven't even used yet.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. Feel free to give us a call anytime if there is a specific feature you would like to learn about in the program or check out Rent Manager University and the help file (F1) for feature documentation.

Powerful property management tool

We have been using rent manager for over 4 years now. It's a great product. Need more tutorials/self help/videos for learning to maximize functionality.

Pros

Rent Manager is comprehensive, secure, and very functional. Customer service has been top notch, but they can't do tutorial only fix specific questions. I love how we can grow tenants and accounts and it can build without rescaling.

Cons

Need more tutorial videos. customer service has been great but they can't answer specific tutorial; only trouble shoot. I will I can learn to maximize rent manager.

Hi KCI Management! Thank you for your review and we’re so glad that you are enjoying Rent Manager! If you are looking for tutorials, I highly recommend checking out the Training section of our website: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/training/. Here, you will find our free and paid training options which walk you through sections of the program step by step. We also have our Training Videos Archive where you can log in to view recorded webinars specific to your version. As always, feel free to contact us at any time and we can help find the right training for you and your team. Have a great day!

Rent Manager Review

I am using Rent Manager to keep up to date on move-ins and move outs, delinquency feature helps me to see who is late on paying rent,. and my owners love all the reports which can be generated from Rent Manager. There is a Rent Manager University which helps me learn all the features and functions available on Rent Manager. What I especially like is that, whenever I have a question on the software, Rent Manager tech team is so helpful and always answers my questions.

Pros

It is easy to use. I am not tech savvy at all and I am able to navigate through the program`

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this program. I used Rent Manager offline (stand alone) in the past but now I am online and I feel secure that my data is safe.

Thank you so much for your review Debbie! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager Online and Rent Manager University. Let us know if we can be of any help in the future.

Rent Manager Review

Pros

1. Functionality- Does everything I needed it to do. 2. Customer Service- EVERY time I contacted them they were very helpful and responded immediately 2. Knowledge of System- Everyone I spoke with knew what to do and how to help get the problem/Question solved.

Cons

There is NOTHING I can think of as a con. Very satisfied with the software and have already told people about how great it is for Mobile Home Parks.

Hi Bill, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager and our customer support team appreciates the shout out. Thank you for the referrals as well!

Have used property management software to manage up to 1,000 units for almost 30 years, and this is by far the most user friendly and comprehensive.

Very, very happy with Rent Manager, and have recommended it several times to anyone who asks.

Pros

Integrating the website, online applications that load right into prospects, easy to fix mistakes I make, and terrific customer service.

Cons

Some times it takes too many clicks to complete a task, like printing checks, or making deposits and printing the slips.

Hi Devon, Thank you so much for your review! Our support team really appreciates the shout out as well. We would love to learn more and improve upon the number of clicks you are experiencing when using our software. I will have your account manager reach out to you to see if we can help improve your Rent Manager experience.

Customize! Customize! Customize!

Love the weekly training sessions, RMU, and helpfulness of the employees at Rent Manager.

Pros

Ability to control users' permissions, abilities, ability to change default tabs to fit your business needs. Account reps are responsive, helpful, and quick.

Cons

Some parts need improvement, however Rent Manager is constantly rolling out new updates, features.

Hi Colleen, Thank you so much for your review! We would love to hear any additional feedback you have for our features or areas you’d like us to improve upon. Please submit them to https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ and our management team will review your submission.

Best teammate I've ever had

It's way more often that all I need to do is tweak the system a little to NOT have to hire a FTE. In other words...no more people at problems.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that if I can imagine something it is most likely that the software will let me do it. And for me, anything less than that is aggravating so it was almost a must for me. And I have most definitely NOT been disappointed.

Cons

Because it has so many capabilities it is not the easiest system to learn...but when you do it's fantastic.

Thank you for your review Jeremy! We love working with you and the Wistar Group team. Hope to see you again at RMUC!

Rent Manager is invaluable to running our business

Pros

Because of the vest amount of logic contained in the software almost every issue about property management is covered. And if not they can write it in to the software. We just started to use the integration with website this past year and been great

Cons

Wish the additional user cost wasn't so much. We have two user now and sometimes becomes an issue because we are using the software for so many different things now.

Hi Nick, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are happy with RM and that the new website integration is working well for you.

Newest Version Less Useful for Managing Documents

Pros

Does just about everything except for payroll for multi-site portfolio management. Easy to use after short training period.

Cons

It lost a lot of basic functionality in document management between the upgrade of Version XI to XII.

Hi Todd, Thank you for your review! We would like to learn more about the document management functionality you are looking for as the functionality might still be there, just in a new area of the program. I will have your representative reach out to you so we can look into your specific setup. They are also more than willing to assist with submitting feature requests on your behalf if you are looking for additional functionality.

Easy to use somewhat.

Pros

I like when I get to a customers profile everything is layed out for me and the tabs help a lot with that.

Cons

Reports. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, pulling reports is not self explanatory. Just wish there was an easier way to pull them.

Hi Diana, Thank you for your review! Our documentation team has been working hard with adding additional information regarding each report to our help file. Within any report, if you press F1, it will bring up the help file which will detail out the what the report covers. You can also search the help file if you are looking for a specific report but not sure of the report name.

By far the best property management software on the market!

I did over a year of research before deciding on Rent Manager. The competition paled in comparison then and still does.

Pros

The best all around solution to all of our property management needs. From maintaining files to maintenance, accounting, reports and overall managing of work flow - Rent Manager is the best by far. It is intuitive, gives you the best bang for the buck with unequaled customer service.

Cons

No complaints. Love it! When I do have a concern, I know I can address it with the Rent Manager team and the issue will be handled promptly.

Love "Rent Manager" Software!

Accounting made easy! I look forward to utilizing the portal in 2020!

Pros

Fairly Easy to Use, Excellent Webinars, Customer Support/Service is Always Patient and Helpful!

Cons

Could be a bit more user friendly, Webinars are a must to learn the ins & outs of the software.

Hi Ron! Thank you for your review! Our customer support team also appreciates the shout out. Feel free to let us know at webinar@rentmanager.com if there are any training sessions you feel would be helpful to have in the future.

We have been thrilled with Rent Manager 12!

Saves so much time!

Pros

This product is easy to set up, the company has great customer service and we are very happy with this platform. I wish we had moved to this years ago. Helps us work smarter, not harder!

Cons

No payroll module, Rent Manager needs more keyboard commands for those of us who understand you get more entered without reaching for a mouse!

Thank you for your review Lisa! We're so glad you've joined the Rent Manager family and that Rent Manager has been able to help your business. Let us know what additional features or keyboard commands you'd like here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ . Our management team will review your requests and see if we can add them into our development cycle.

Rent Manager is necessary for growth

I would recommend Rent Manager to any property management business. Big or small, Rent Manager is the software for you.

Pros

Rent Manager is constantly updating and improving the system. The overall feel and user interface stays relatively the same, which makes integrating all the updates and new features really easy!

Cons

No cons if you take the time to understand the system. It can be frustrating when you don't know how to do something but the Help feature and RM resources for support are always there when you need them!

Very positive

Pros

Adaptability to our specific property management needs; ease of maneuvering within reports; confidence that data will be protected through offsite storage

Cons

Somewhat difficult to set up new reports or understand what additional features might benefit us generally

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for your review! If you ever need assistance with reports or features, feel free to reach out to us. We are also constantly making tweaks to our website to announce new features. I would also recommend following our social media channels for the latest Rent Manager updates.

Been with Rent Manager for over 13 years and it just keeps getting better

It is amazing to see how far the software has come in 13 years and it keeps out performing the competition. Took the time to reevaluate property management software for my company 18 months ago. Intrigued by some of the other firms but choose to double down with Rent Manager.

Pros

Value, features, and focus on the needs of the user. Strong trendy features with an accounting backbone that can not be beat.

Cons

Many new features without accompanied intuitive internal help or setup information. Takes a call to product support sometimes to to roll out but always worth the time to leverage all the features.

Hi Five Star Property Management, LLC, Thank you so much for your feedback! It has been great working with you over the past decade and we can’t wait to work with you more in the future. Our training team is working hard to add more documentation and training for all of the recently released features. If there is one in particular you are looking for, be sure to reach out to your Account Manager and she can gladly send the information along.

Functional Program

Pros

You can work in multiple screens at once. For example: you can look at a resident pay record and then go to owners without losing your information. Other programs do not have that feature. If you are writing a letter to a resident, it automatically asks you if you would like to save the letter to the resident's file. That way, you don't have to print the letter and then go back and make a note in the resident's history, it does it for you (if you choose).

Cons

We have a certain way we do statement to our owners. Rent Manager doesn't have the capability to produce the statement we are looking for.

Hi Meaghan, Thank you so much for your review! We do offer custom report development that can look into the custom statement you are looking to produce for your owners. Please let us know if this is something you would be interested in.

Overall, I give the program 10 out of 10

Pros

What I like about Rent Manager the most is that it is easy to use and the customer service is amazing!

Cons

Our storage company needs to have a gate function implemented into the software so our gate can be controlled through this program.

Hi Brandie, Thank you for the review! If there is a particular vendor you would like to work with regarding gate functionality, I would check out our API option to see if we can connect them with Rent Manager.

i have used RM for 7 years now and wach release gets better

Pros

the easy of use and customer service support because with a simple call they hekp us fix whatever we need

Cons

the photo upload system is slow and slows the process. Been in the marketing department demands me to upload a lot of pictures. Also, they only accept 15 photos

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you love using Rent Manager and our support team really appreciates the shout out. Also, I have sent your message regarding our photo upload system to management to review and look into improving for you.

Rent Manager is an effective way to manage owners accounts.

Pros

I like that it helps a lot with monthly maintenance payments and delinquency.It keeps us on track with payments and monthly bills.

Cons

It freezes sometime and I have to reboot the program and start over.Sometime rent manager can get really slow.

Hi Gabrielle, Thank you for your review and feedback on Rent Manager! It's great to hear our software is helping your business with their monthly maintenance tracking. I am passing along your feedback to our management team so they can research the speed issues in detail as well.