Rent Manager Reviews - Page 5

Exactly what we needed!

This has saved us time and helped us run our business more efficiently.

Pros

We searched for several years to find a software system to track loans and that have all the features that we needed...and then we found Rent Manager! This program is efficenient, extensive and I love the fact that its a cloud based system.

Cons

I wish the reports were a little more customizable for different companies/owners.

Hi Tim, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are loving Rent Manager! Feel free to give us a call regarding the reports you are looking to create. Our professional services team would be happy to help customize them to your liking.

Pleased yet displeased with stupid stuff

Pros

Now that they are providing more integrations with systems outside of their product, it is making the automation of the office more possible. The customer support people are friendly.

Cons

I'm writing this while I sit on hold for Tech Support. This was after my call was picked up and told they were going to transfer me to someone that was immediately available and there wouldn't be any longer of a wait. That was over 5 minutes ago .... Yesterday, I called in on a scripting issue and finally hung up after holding for over 45 minutes. That is simply unacceptable.

Hi Julie, Thank you for your feedback and it's great to hear you are loving all of the new integrations! I also apologize for your recent experience with our customer support team. I have passed along your message to management regarding your experience for additional review.

Pretty Good Overall

I'd give this software higher marks but I had to jump in on the fly due to another software company's irresponsibility and honestly, the transition wasn't very smooth due to this. I've had RM for several months now and still don't feel like I really know how to use it. If you can transition slowly and get a good trainer, I think it would be really great. I am sticking with it because once I figure everything out, I think it will be a really great product.

Pros

This software can do A LOT, if you implement everything. It's a very comprehensive property management package.

Cons

My trainer wasn't the best-- all over the map during training. They did try to make up for it, but honestly, I still feel lost sometimes. I've used other programs that were much simpler to learn. Because this is really robust software, it's not as easy to learn due to how you have to put things in/set it up.

Rent Manager

Pros

It is very user friendly. Customer service is awesome!

Cons

It needs a specific security deposit refund process

Thank you for your review Melissa! If possible, please let us know what you'd like to see with the security deposit refund here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ and we will look into it for you.

Does it ALL!

Pros

Coming from very manual processing managing almost 200 properties we have been blown away by the features and efficiencies of Rent Manager. Everything we have asked for it to do is already a feature and we have been amazed. Around our office if someone comes up with an idea our response is "Of course Rent Manager can do it!" From sales to conversion the staff is extremely knowledgeable and professional!

Cons

Not crazy about the remote server access - wish it was online based so that it can be accessed from anywhere - but wait it is! It just costs extra for that.

Hi Mercer Property Management, Thank you so much for your review! We are glad Rent Manager is working so well for your business and we hope to keep bringing you great service in the years to come. I have made a note regarding remote server access and I will send your review to our management team.

Fantastic property management software!

The customer service is out of this world! So thrilled that when I have hard or easy questions; the customer service staff has the answers and also are so positive each and every time I call!

Pros

It is so easy to use, it is intuitive and has more than enough reports, wizards, and tracking than you could ever use. I'm a small investor, but I can see even with 1,000s of units, this software could really automate and make things easy for any property management company.

Cons

Here is why I wanted to write the review - I haven't found any! Love the product, and so thankful I chose to use RentManager.

Thank you for your review Scott!

Long time user

Our company has been using this software since back in the days of DOS. We have been very pleased with it and the company; they are consistently adding new features and keeping up with technology innovations. The best thing about it is that it is comprehensive. It integrates our web-site, accounting, rent collection, utility billing and home loan activities. It has a phone auto-dial feature that allows...

Cons

Hi Peter, Thanks for the great review! We're very happy to hear that you've loved our software since the DOS days. We hope we can continue helping you and your business for many more years! Kari Digital Marketing Coordinator

Mr

The transition from Tenant Pro was extremely free of stress due to Rent Manager's hands on setup. The customer support is excellent and something that I was not used to from Tenant Pro.

Pros

The ease of use after the initial learning period. The customer support is top notch.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes.

One man shop using this program since 2007

The program is staple, customer service is responsive and I have never been disappointed with this product.

Pros

With very little training anyone can be up and running a very comprehensive program that will streamline the management of any type of rental property.

Cons

I am not sure if I am grandfathered in or they still offer the core application at a reduced rate for users that have under 99 units, but I wish some of their other add-on products also had discounted pricing for smaller properties like mine as well.

Rent Manager

Rent Manger works well for our office. They are responsive to questions and have a lot of good training.

Pros

Rich reporting and tracking of info makes KPI and audits easy

Cons

Our company's Mindset was more owner/Tenant based rather than Property based. There has been a transition in changing our accounting and processes.

Customer Service

Pros

In a world where everything can be very impersonal, I found the customer service and care of Rent Manager outstanding. They went above and beyond in helping me navigate some difficult concerns. I can't recommend them more highly.

Cons

I don't have any cons in using the software.

Thank you so much for your review Julia! Our customer service appreciates the shout out as well. Don't hesitate to call us if you ever need help in the future.

Rent Manager is the easiest, most user friendly software I have ever used

We have used Rent Manager for 5 years now. It is very affordable, you can customize to your business needs and I can always reach someone to get my questions answered or issues resolved.

Pros

User Friendly Great Customer Support Always enhancing due to customer requests Open API Completely customizable

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I like least. Rent Manager has been a great software, especially since they opened up the API function.

Thank you for your review Dawn! It’s been great working with you the past 5 years. Here’s to many more in the future!

i love to work with this program

Pros

excellent customer service, they will always listen to us when we request new features on their software.

Cons

Hi Top Quality Management, Thank you so much for your review! We hope to keep bringing you great service in the future and thank you so much for the feature requests. Keep them coming!

Rent Manager! Where have you been all my life?

Pros

Excellent program! Easy to switch from screen to screen and change tabs to what is useful for each user.

Cons

Reports are a little confusing to make them look like you need them to look. Support sometimes takes a little while to get an answer.

Not user friendly and they lock you in to paying for the year.

It was recommended so I gave it a try. It took a couple weeks to log in due to their error. There is so much to it so I was recommended to pay an additional $ to have someone walk me through it for a hour /5 sessions over the phone. Still too much and when I attempted to set it up with my business realized it did not have what I needed. I let the rep I spoke to know "Thank you but it is not user friendly...

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Way too much and such a scam. If it doesn't work for a company don't continue to charge and have us locked in. I do not recommend a company like this to anyone. Bad morals.

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your feedback. After reviewing the notes in our system, we see that we were able to reach an agreement regarding the issues noted above. Being in business for 30 years has enabled us to help thousands of customers grow their business with Rent Manager, regardless of their size or industry. We would like to emphasize again that we have been committed from the start to getting you up and running with our program. We pride ourselves on our customer service and wish we could have reached a different outcome.

Rent Manager is a must have !!

Pros

Rent manager continues to amaze me. I have have been using RM for about 5 years and continue to be blown away by everything RM offers. My website fully integrates with RM in real time, online payments and epay are fully integrated, phone broadcast, full accounting software are just a few of the great features of RM.

Cons

The learning curve is somewhat steep. But it is manageable...

Need better functionality

It should not be excessively expensive to upgrade.

Pros

Provides the basics. Technical support has gotten much better. Has a mobile app. Credit/criminal reporting ability.

Cons

It's not 100% web based. Owner processing cumbersome. Pricing not compatible with other software providers who offer the same products.

Hi Darden Properties LLC, Thank you for your review. I will pass your comments regarding owner processing and upgrade price back to our management team. We would love to hear more about what could help your business - feel free to send us any additional feedback via our new Feature Request Form: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Have a great day!

Rent Manager

I liked this product and would recommend it as it is user friendly and very comprehensive.

Pros

This software is highly recommended and it is very versatile. It's ease of use and flexibility is excellent!

Cons

It did not have mobile capability when I used it but I think it does now. Navigating through the software could improve.

Hi Patti! Thank you for your review. We do have a mobile app, rmAppSuite Pro, that connects to your Rent Manager database. If you would like a short demo of the functionality available, please give us a call.

Great Product!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and use of the User Defined Fields allows users to customize in MANY areas for reporting. The support is also excellent. I always get timely responses and good instruction.

Cons

Cost is about the only thing I can think of as a negative regarding Rent Manager. However having a great product with good support does warrant the cost.

Rent Manager Review

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Rent Manager. I use it daily and it tracks a great deal of data for all of our tenants (previous, current, and future).

Pros

I like that the signable documents automatically upload to history/notes once you complete them. That allows for easy transferring of documents.

Cons

I do not like how the transactions are displayed. They are often out of order and seem to be confusing when trying to discern a balance.

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for your review! On the transactions screen, you should see transactions ordered by the date they were entered into the system with a running balance on the far right. Please give our support team a call and we would be happy to help you look into this (800-669-0871 option 4).

Great tool to manage tenants and properties

Very easy to use- we use it daily to manage and track all sides of the transaction.

Pros

I really like that I can see everything from owner to details on a specific home all in one place. Very easy to use and to manage all sides of a transaction.

Cons

It has to be open on its own screen so I have to toggle back and forth versus viewing multiple applications in one window (usually my notes)

Hi Mandy, Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear you are loving Rent Manager. Our Support team would be able to review your setup and show you a few tricks to view multiple tabs on the same screen or the ability to use dual screens with Rent Manager. Feel free to reach out to them directly at 800-669-0871 option 4 for assistance.

Good overall software, user friendly and excellent customer service!

I was thrown into a role where I had to rebuild the rent manager account after a previous person made some pretty big accounting errors. I found rent manager to be user-friendly and really efficient for billing and paying owners. When I had questions or issues their customer support was very responsive and helpful resolving my issues. I would defiantly recommend this product to anyone managing investor units.

Pros

User-friendly- Easy to learn how to use and teach your self-basic functions. Organization - Great to be able to bill and track maintenance and accounting in the same program Customer Service - Always resolved my issues and taught me how to avoid or correct the issue for the future.

Cons

Only affordable for larger companies

Rent Manager Consistently Demonstrates Excellence

I have been using Rent Manager since the DOS days so I have had the opportunity to experience their response to changing technology and user needs. They consistently prove themselves a leader in the property management software industry through their innovative, all-inclusive product. Pros: Software that is a "one-stop" product, user-friendly and easily adapted, myriad reports, ability for user...

Rentmanager for extreme organization

They were great to deal with an have created a great product just not the right one for us.

Pros

We tested this software while trying to determine what type to move forward with. In the end we chose another option however for a company starting out this would be an amazing option as it has a ton of information you can record on every property.

Cons

It was more robust then what we needed and would have taken to much time to implement for our purposes with multiple properties already managed but starting from only a few properties with software would be great to grow with.

Hi Jackie, Thank you for your review! We hope everything works out with the software you selected. If you need help in the future, we would he happy to check out your current processes and see how we can make the transition to Rent Manager easy for you and your company.

Rent Manager Review

Pros

Cloud-based, excellent customer support, ease of use, individual licensing at reasonable pricing, great capabilities with the RM app suite, OWA, etc. Also, amazing user conferences!

Cons

More customization to meet needs of commercial properties and users of the information.