Rent Manager Reviews - Page 6

Transaction coordinator

Pros

It was easy to navigate. It helped my teammates and I stay on the same page and multiple users can be on the program at one time. Rent Manager made it simple to print reports for tenants and owners.

Cons

Not user friendly to business like us who have many owners along with construction and rentals.

Good feature set but not always comfortable to use.

Pros

Good and many features. Gets the job done. Global search is very handy. Comprehensive User's Guide is better than most. Accessible, friendly and thorough customer service.

Cons

Fundamental usability flaws mean frustration and unnecessary time spent especially with repetitive tasks, and sore wrists from all the mousing that shouldn't be necessary. Could be much better with keyboard usability and meeting standard Windows UI Guidelines, including consistency of access keys, initial focus, visible focus, tab order, behavior of Ctrl+Tab and arrow keys, binding of Esc and Enter keys, dialog design (group boxing, UI element labeling), semantic relationship of menu items, indicating that menu items open dialogs, UI guidelines governing error/warning/info messages, etc. These fundamentals are generally among the very first things to test and fix in a user interface to avoid accumulation into usability issues.

Hi Heritage Corporation, Thank you for your review! We would like to learn more regarding the UI recommendations listed above. I will have your sales representative reach out to you directly so we can learn more about your experience and pass it along to our development team.

Great Experience! Really good on the accounting side

Pros

Rent Manager is a simple to use software. I learned how to use it in just a short time. The accounting side of the software is unbelievable.

Cons

It is a little bit outdated, in terms of the feel of the software.

Fast program

Pros

Fast program, ready to use once conected to the internet, great quality photos, easy description of products.

Cons

Very slow when uploading information to the program, very limited with photos and documents formats.

Hi Fernando, Thank you for your review! I will be passing along your feedback to our management team for review. In the mean time, if there are specific file formats you would like to see added into Rent Manager, please feel free to fill out our Feature Request form and we would be happy to look into this for you. Online Feature Request Form: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/

Great for property managers of rental property

Pros

Has a lot of functionality, has basically all the tools we need to keep great records and to keep things organized.

Cons

Some of the functionality they have is not the best and we decide to use other tools for the aspects of the program that are not up to our standard.

Using this product for 1.5 years

Pros

Easy interface Great customer service when needing help

Cons

USD currency not great for Cdn customers! Word processor is not a current version and sometimes cumbersome to use Email function could be more user friendly Customers are listed by surname first but owners are listed by first name - not sure of the wisdom there Can manage condos but reports are geared to rentals

RentManager Manages your work flow

We have expanded our property management team by 4 fold because of the use of this software, rent manger University has decent learning modules that make onboarding a far simpler task than I could have ever imagine.

Pros

We are a fan on the payment integration as well as bill keeping It

Cons

Coding still seems clunky at first however over time it has become easier once you get over the initial coding learning curve

Hi Bridget, Thank you for your review. We would like to learn more about how we can make Rent Manager easier for your business. Please submit any requests here: https://www.rentmanager.com/featurerequest

Getting Control of Property Management

Pros

Once you get it set up, it's outstanding. Very powerful. I love the reporting.

Cons

The documentation leaves a little to be desired. It's a bit convoluted to set up.

Thank you for your review Elaine!

Exceeded my expectations!

Pros

Being able to customize at all levels. Online payment options are A++.

Cons

I currently run RM Xi. Soon to upgrade to RM12. The items I would mention have been addressed in RM12.

Rent Manager is cheap, but it is also lacking

This is a decent software if you want to save money.

Pros

I like that the software is low cost and web based. I also like that you can merge resident mailers and that type of thing.

Cons

Rent Manager is a basic software. If you don't want all the bells and whistles, than rent manager will work fine. If you want a lot more, you have to go with one of the bigger softwares like Resman or Onesite.

Thank you for your review Cody! We actually offer as much, if not more, features in Rent Manager than our competitors. We would love to jump on a call with you and show you everything you already have available with our software. I also highly encourage you to check out our training videos archive (http://training-videos.rentmanager.com/) or Rent Manager University (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/training/rent-manager-university/), both free training tools that showcase different areas of the program.

Best management solution out there!

Pros

Superb customer service, adaptation, progress, marketing appearance, answer to every question! Customizable software, tailored to every situation. Growing adaptation of market.

Cons

Long wait for newer cleaner looking version of rm. needs to keep up with programs like Buildium as far as appearance.

Great Product

Pros

I can stay organized with my tenants and how much rent is due. It can be easily accessed by all personnel

Cons

Sometimes it goes slow and freezes. Hard to get someone in the phone for assistant. Need automatic updates

Hi Danisha, Thank you so much for your review! We’re glad to hear Rent Manager has been able to help you organize your business. We have recently made a change in support to offer live support calls. We would love to learn more about any issues you might have ran into in the past regarding availability so we can continue to improve our support processes.

All the tools and power you need!

Pros

Easy set up superior technical support! Questions answered same day and awesome on line training videos. Best software support by a professional team of highly trained tech. They talk with you not at you!

Cons

Not so much the product, but this is a data base beast, lots to do if you handle a lot of rentals. That's time consuming but worth every second.

I am new to Rent Manager but so far I find it extremely helpful. Great options for contacting tenant

Pros

One of the pros is that I can text my tenants! I also love how there are pre made letters! It helps on time and aggravation!

Cons

There isn't much I like "least" about Rent Manager. I do wish customer service was a little better as far as returning emails.

Hi Nora, Thank you for your review and welcome to the Rent Manager Family! If you never need to reach someone in Support right away, feel free to give us a call at 800-669-0871. We take live calls as well to help customers as quickly as possible. I will pass on your review to the manager of that team as well.

Rent Manager is the answer to our more complicated needs

Pros

The software was easy to learn. Rent Manager personnel provided training over the phone and were knowledgeable and helpful in our start-up. We had a short timeline for start-up and I was concerned we would not make it. They scheduled and provided the support we needed. The basics of the software are very user-friendly, and most features are easy to learn and/or use on your own.

Cons

For custom reports, unless you are experienced in compiling custom software reports, it takes some time to learn. Customer support is available for training.

Terrific! Has definitely increased efficiencies around the office

Pros

The vendor has been great throughout the purchasing process, and also, the support team has been there for us throughout installations. For example, I was having issues getting signed in when I first purchased the software. The day I needed assistance was a Sunday. I called their support team, and they handled my situation immediately instead of having to wait until Monday to get help. They're a great company, as far as I am concerned.

Cons

It's a new system which has required us to spend time training and getting used to it.

Good software, capable and reasonably priced

This software contains many features, some that we did not even know about until lately. Service has been very responsive. The remote desktop instead of web-based has its pros and cons. We are excited for rent manager 12 which will include several important marketing tools that we do not currently have.

Cons

Hi Matt, Thank you for your review! If there is ever a feature you are looking for, let us know! Your sales rep is always available to show you a demo of various features and will gladly show you some tips & tricks for getting the most out of Rent Manager. I also recommend checking out the free training videos at http://training-videos.rentmanager.com/. We've broken down a lot of our features already included in Rent Manager that you might find useful. We also include some Rent Manager 12 videos if you would like to see some of the changes from Xi. Kari Digital Marketing Coordinator

Heads and shoulders above what we used to use!

Pros

Easy to use. Allows you to correct errors without going through a ton of steps. Memorized features saves a ton of time.

Cons

I haven't found a con yet. We've been using for 4 months now. Until I have had a chance to become more proficient and may find a con I can't speak of one now.

Hi Tammy, Thank you so much for your review! We’re so glad you joined the Rent Manager family and that you are enjoying the software. Feel free to reach out to us at any time if you ever need assistance learning new features in RM.

Rent Manager has many options and is extremely powerful

All of the employees at Rent manager work very hard with you to have a easy transition. They well versed in Rent Manager and are great folks to work with.

Pros

The system is easy to convert to. The user needs to use all of the many modules in the Rent Manager system to get the full advantage of it. On Line payments, prospecting, credit reports, service issues to name a few processes makes day to day activities so much easier.

Cons

I would like to see some changes to the general ledger and payable reports - for the accountants use.

Hi Fawn, Thank you so much for your feedback. It’s great to hear you’re loving Rent Manager’s features – just wait to see what we have coming out in 2019! We would love to hear any thoughts you have regarding the accounting side of our program. Please submit any feature requests you have here (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/) and we will gladly look into them for you.

Wonderful!

Pros

The ease of use and that more than one user can be on it at once.

Cons

That I think there are so many people going over to RM they may not be able to keep up with the volume.

Helpful for a small office with a large portfolio

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use when it comes to entering payables and receivables.

Cons

It was hard to operate as a real estate company under this software. It was also difficult to use with multiple users, we had the online version and communication within the system wasn't very effective since not all people who needed it could use it. The billing owner function was not as easy as they claimed it would be, but they asked astronomical amounts to train us in what we needed to know.

An excellent choice

All of the reps we have worked with have been very helpful and friendly.

Pros

It is very easy to use, with a lot of options to customize it to fit your needs. Speaking from a small company, this has made a huge difference for us.

Cons

Implementation and training takes a while, but they do walk you through the whole thing and make it pretty simple for the user.

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for your review and we’re glad to hear Rent Manager has been able to make a difference with your company!

Long Term Experience with RM

Pros

Rent Manager has developed its software over the years to adapt to changes in technology. While at first it seems very complex, after using it for a while, you realize that it gives you the ability to customize fields, reports, etc., which allows you to mold the software to your management style and needs.

Cons

Customer service is not their strong suite. Their staff is friendly and knowledgeable, but it can take a while for them to get back to you.

Still in the learning process but the support is great. Any questions are figured out in a timely matter. Excited to get to all of the capabilities of the whole program.

Pros

I like that the program is very user friendly. Easy to change any mistakes. Reports look easy to use.

Cons

Wish that it would have transferred all of the ledgers from Yardi when making the change to RM. Some of the info was mixed up during transfer, but nothing too major.

This Software is better than having a two or three extra employees.

I can't express how important this product is to our company. This software has allowed our company to grow without adding any additional staff. This software also allows us to easily document everything. We scan every document that comes through the office. We take notes on every tenant phone call or face to face interaction. If you need to manage multiple offices from a remote location Rent Manager is the best way to do it. We have been using Rent Manager for 3 years and have only begun to fully use all of its resources.

Cons

Hi Stan, Thank you so much for your kind review! We're glad you are happy with Rent Manager. If you ever need anything, feel free to contact us at any time. Kari Barnett Digital Marketing Coordinator