Rentec Direct Reviews

4.65/5 (171 reviews)

Pros
  • That the software is user Friendly and customer service is Tremendous.
  • Easy set-up and user-friendly, great Knowledgebase and customer support.
  • It's simple to use and makes tracking tenants, properties, and payments a breeze
  • Very easy to set up and use. Very responsive customer support team Comprehensive
Cons
  • none, really
  • What's not to like?
  • None to speak of as of yet.
  • I really don't have any complaints.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Paul Cochrane

It just works!

Reviewed 2016-09-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Easy to navigate; fairly intuitive; has depth; can be up and running quickly; vendor is active in keeping product current and adding features; customer service dept is responsive via email.

Cons
Product seems geared more toward housing rentals than commercial rentals--I have to get creative when entering tenant info to get them to show up properly on the summary and deposit screens.

Laurice Mccoy

Easy Peasy

Reviewed 2019-03-03
Review Source: Software Advice

My experience has been super positive. Our management was on the money when they told us that this software would be the easiest thing to use.

Pros
I like the ease of use of the software. The set up was smooth. Very detailed instructions for each feature of the software and website. Cant beat it for the price. Not a lot of setup fees and all that stuff. The customer service is outstanding, very responsive.

Cons
The setup of automated emails and their template. I am sure its me but that's the only con I found. No round the clock customer service access.

Denice Neddo

Great experience for a new property management company

Reviewed 2018-02-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Customer support is awesome! Hours that the customer service folks are available and their knowledge makes learning the ins and outs easy.

Cons
Look of the platform is a bit dated, and not as easy to use on mobile device. The accounting portion with tenant deposits was a challenge when trying to edit after a bank fee and tenant error

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Linda Luna

Rentec vs. Excel Spreadsheet, I pick Rentec Direct.

Reviewed 2014-05-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It's simple to use, and accounts can be used for several things, such as bank statements reconciliation and keeping track of payments. It does that math for me, and all I have to do is make sure I entered the right amounts. Rentec does the rest. Screening is also easy, and it's a one stop shopping. I also like the tutorials.

Cons
There are still some updates I would like for it to have. It doesn't track emails to owners. This is an important tool because our personal or business email address is cluttered. If we could check on the owners notes, I can tell quickly if they received an email from me or not. I also don't like the fact that I have to pay for tenants using the tenant portal to pay rent. The tenant should pay for using the portal, not the property manager.

Denise Oarr

The Program and Support

Reviewed 2016-09-30
Review Source: Software Advice

I cannot begin to tell you how much we like this program. I have never worked in Property Management before this job and therefore, never used this type of program. Rentec is very easy to use and understand. The support that they offer is top notch. I tell people that I have my own personal support person, Kathryn!! She is the BEST, she knows the program inside and out and even when I call with a crazy questions that is out of the norm, she finds a solution. They are constantly improving and adding new updates. They ask for your input and listen and make changes or additions. Not only WOULD I recommend Rentec to others, we already have!

Pros
The Support is the BEST, always available and very personable and helpful!!! The monthly fee is worth every penny.

Cons
I really don't have any complaints.

Bud Silcox

Greta product for Landlords and Property Managers

Pros

Cons
Can't think of anything that I don't like about Rentec. I work with about 10 properties on average, so I can't comment on how well it handles the needs of a large scale property manager working with 100 properties

Marcella Gareau

we would highly recommend Rentec

Reviewed 2016-07-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
They are very user friendly and affordable . If you have questions you can call and talk to a real person.

Cons
I did have to call the first time to find the correct place to go for a credit check but easy after that.

Leslie Serra

Rentec Direct- Changing the Way to Manage your Property

Reviewed 2016-08-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Rentec Direct is an intuitive and easy software that allows laypeople to keep track of all income and expenses related to one or many properties with multiple tenants to manage. If you need to speak with someone when one of those 'irregular' situations with your properties, Rentec is always there at the phone ready to walk you right through to a solution. Rentec Direct updates and adds more features that will automatically load into your existing software. And at the end of the year when it's time to pay your taxes, Rentec Direct will print out the reports it used to take you over a week to sort out.

Cons
What's not to like?

Heather Durnin

Rentec Direct makes excellent software for managing properties.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-09-23

Thanks!

Pros
I like the a person can change their level of use based on their needs. I was managing my own properties and using the more expensive version. Then I got a property manager and no longer need as much. I was able to downgrade without losing my data. Chances are I will be back managing my properties again it will already be set up and waiting for me.

Scott Davis

Amazing Property Management Software

Reviewed 2016-08-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The ease of use and value of the product versus the cost. Very affordable for what I receive.

Cons
Very little to complain about. Every time I have had an issue with the software it turned out to be user error or ignorance of the product.

Yohan Caldwell

Customer service is adequate but can be improved

Reviewed 2017-05-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I love the software it has simplified my business, but I think a thorough training of how the software operates would be extremely helpful

Pros
The customer is courteous and responsive once you actually talk to the right person. When I set up my account I scheduled a time for someone to walk me through the process of how the software operates.

Cons
The person that walked me through my software training was a substitute for the lady that was assigned to assist me and she was booked for that particular day and time. The substitute did an adequate job explaining the software, but my partner and I would have preferred to wait for the main software trainer.

Scott Weaner

Rentec Direct- Everything That a Small Landlord Needs...And More!

Reviewed 2016-12-10
Review Source: Software Advice

When I started out as a landlord about 2 years ago, I looked at many of the free or inexpensive property management products. I tried several of them, and there are quite a few good ones. In my opinion, Rentec Direct is the best one. I find it very easy to use and quite versatile. It seems more intuitive than some competing products. The Customer Support team responds to questions very quickly. I can generate virtually any report that my accountant needs. I can easily see how my investments are doing.

Pros

Cons
None to speak of as of yet.

Marsha Capland

Great product, very user-friendly, terrific customer support!

Reviewed 2017-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

We got Rentec Direct for our Property Management department about 3-4 years ago - it was so easy to set up and get started with extremely intuitive and easy to use, great features and functionality and if you ever need them, the customer support folks are top notch and very knowledgeable and friendly. They have a "Knowledgebase" built into the software program that actually answers the majority of the questions you might have and it walks you through how to set everything up. Even those of us who have never used YARDI or other PM programs were able to pick it up right away and use it in on day 1.

Pros
Easy set-up and user-friendly, great Knowledgebase and customer support.

Cons
none, really

Tetiana Grove

Nice experience

Reviewed 2016-09-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the variety of reports and constant updates on the interface of the program. I like that there is a tenant portal and easy pay system that provides convenient method of collecting rent.

Cons
I do not like that there is no calendar that is integrated within work orders.

Melissa Hollingsworth

5 Stars !!

Reviewed 2016-09-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
it was easy to install and learn. Has allowed us to take on many more properties as a result of the streamlined accounting.

Cons
Great product , great vendor . Wouldn't change a thing

Kim Shahid

Fantastic Management Software!

Reviewed 2016-10-11
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been using Rentec Direct for about 5 years and have recommenced this product to a handful of people. It's a really easy software to navigate and stay organized!

Pros
My favorite feature is the easy pay. I also love the simplicity of creating one ad on Rentec and it automatically syncs to all the consumer real estate sites.

Cons
Although you can access the website from your mobile device, I wish there was an app to make navigating and scrolling a tad bit easier.

Sarah Cook

Good program for growing businesses

Reviewed 2017-06-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the ease of use for this product and value the quick response time when I have had questions.

Cons
I wish there were more connections between certain pages instead of needing to click back and forth.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Robert Dayton

Using Rentec has helped our company grow!

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Software is fairly easy to use, affordable for multiple users and can be accessed from any device.

Cons
A little clunky on certain applications but has improved greatly.

DeAngelo McBee

some experience with this product

Reviewed 2016-09-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great service, exceelent staff. very informational. the website marketing, accounting everything really

Cons
now there isnt anything least to like about this particular product or service.

Vicki Holliday

Highly functional and easy to use.

Reviewed 2014-10-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Rentec Direct is a straightforward way to enter and track tenant payments and charges. It allows you to easily run background checks and credit reports to help evaluate potential tenants. The income/expense graph gives you a quick snapshot of the company's financial standing. The reminders for ending lease dates and payments are valuable tools to help you keep up with important events. Rentec makes marketing your rental properties easy. Upload you photos and information in one spot, and Rentec sends it out to multiple sites.

Cons
The only downside I have found with this software is its inability to integrate with QuickBooks.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Keith Morrison

Fantastic ! Excellent and the Customer Service cannot be beat!

Reviewed 2017-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

The only thing missing is the lack of phone numbers being included with the profile when possible

Pros
You are provided with more information at the best price available in the market today. What I like the best is not only the information that is provided, but the customer service.

Cons
I have not found anything not to like about this product. It is by far the best in the industry. It is hard to find something wrong with a perfect product. The only issue I find needing improvement is the lack of direct phone numbers being available.

Will Moore

Best software and Customer Service!

Reviewed 2018-09-21
Review Source: Software Advice

As a first time property manager I knew that the right software and customer support was going to be crucial to our success. The support staff exceeded all my expectations. From their timely customer service responses to their tech support, we were able to hit the ground running in only 30 days!

Pros
Ease of use, customer service, tech support and the dedicated support of support staff to ensure our success from beginning to end.

Cons
No cons. Their software was simple to use and easy to set up. Happy with the personal relationship from the support staff!

Samuel Curci

Overall excellent

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Simple to use and being able to syndicate the marketing for rental listings is great.

Cons
ACH takes too long to process so I do not use that, so we have to double entry. Our bank only takes 1 day.

Gary Hurst

Rentec Direct Platform for LandLords

Reviewed 2016-02-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
That the software is user Friendly and customer service is Tremendous.

Cons
Got to be honest there isnt anything that I dont like. Just wish I were a little more competent on the computer. But, support is there when I need them.

Helene Fitzgerald

The best and easy software.

Reviewed 2017-10-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Easy customization, easy to learn. Many reports available. I would recommend even for the person who is challenged on the computer!