Rentec Direct Reviews

4.65/5 (171 reviews)

Pros
  • Easy to use
  • Ease of use.
  • Customer service is excellent. Its very affordable.
  • Receipts, Reports and Sending notification was my favorite
Cons
  • None
  • Can't think of one.
  • Reporting needs more work for details. But is easy overall.
  • Not being a book keeper by trade, it takes some training to use well
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Alejandra Morales

Awesome program with some needed work

Reviewed 2018-05-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Customer Service is super responsive and takes care of your issues without going in circles.

Pros
The program itself is actually very easy to use once everything has been downloaded, etc. Its is very good at listing properties, etc. and works well when dealing with tenant maintenance request and progress.

Cons
When you are doing online payments for the first time it takes some time and seems to be a bit more time consuming than anything else but once everything is set up payments are super easy.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Dennis Salomon

Excellent Product & People

Reviewed 2016-07-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Ease of use, great customer support, intuitive and non-intimidating.

Cons
Missing key features and some functions involve too many steps or work around.

Tony Owens

Great for my needs

Reviewed 2018-02-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Customer support has been superb!

Pros
I love the ease of use with this software. I own and manage 35 units and the features in rentec are perfect for my needs and it's affordable. I checked out several website based and desktop software and Rentec was the best fit for me

Cons
The biggest concern I can think of this system doesn't track my real estate loan . There is a work around for this but this would be a feature I would like to see.

Robert Sanders

New landlord needed this kind of help.

Reviewed 2017-04-09
Review Source: Software Advice

When you make changes, put it up as a splash screen for all users when they first login after you rollout the change. Have links to explain the changes.

Pros
As a new landlord this product set me on the right path in controlling all the business information. The relationships between accounts and tenants and properties are the biggest plus.

Cons
Some screens could be laid out in a more intuitive design. Bring the data that is common throughout the product together.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Sue Pauley

Tested this service - Report that came back did not have the misdemeanors that I already knew about

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-10-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great idea. I wish it worked. Unfortunately, my one time test use of it proves the reports they provide may be inaccurate .

Cons
It is not accurate. I tested this service with info on a person I know has misdemeanors. (He admits to them and the local police department in Indiana provided a report detailing the offenses). The "nationwide" report that came back to me after I provided SSN and other requested info, showed no criminal history at all. So, clearly the nationwide background check claim is not accurate

Response from Nathan

Dear Sue, Thank you for taking the time to try our service and post a review. Indiana does indeed have limited coverage as not all counties report misdemeanor convictions to nationwide databases. We (and all other screening vendors) are a bit at the mercy of counties keeping things updated but some still run analog systems and haven't yet converted to electronic, which can slow things down. Also, as a reporting agency for landlords, most states restrict landlords to only seven years of history. The crimes committed by your applicant that were over seven years old cannot be reported or considered when placing a tenant. Our system would have automatically removed those from the report as required by law, which also keeps you out of legal hot water if you were to accidentally reject an applicant based on old data. We are here to protect both you and your investments which we endeavor to do with both our software products and tenant screening reports by providing the most accurate data possible.

Donna Rice

Easy to Use

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-04-06

Thank you.

Pros
The introduction and training video was very informative and useful. User friendly, I have no trouble inputting my client and tenant information. Options for an upgraded version if I need it later on. Both options are very affordable for a small company like ours. I've only had to call for support one time and that went very well.

Cons
Hmmm... don't really see any Cons. Maybe it was a bit too easy for me to add a tenant more than once. I thought I needed to add the tenant and then add the new property. Somehow I ended up with two tenant's with the same name and one of them was "inactive" so maybe create a message that says "this tenant already exists" or something when the name fields match? I just archived one of them and deleted it so no big deal.

Steve Morton

Awesome Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-11-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I highly recommend Rentec to any property management company looking for a high value platform to run their company.

Pros
Learning new software is always a bit intimidating and time consuming. Rentec support has been available and extremely helpful answering my questions and guiding me.

Cons
Some of the FAQ's are outdated and need to be updated to reflect improvements done on the program. The FAQ instructions don't match up with the program.

Marci P

Rental Management Made Simple

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2016-10-07
Review Source: Software Advice

At first we were skeptical that a software that you only paid $15 a month for could be anywhere close to useful, but as it began being used we were very surprised. It is very comprehensive and made managing the properties and tenants a piece of cake. From the marketing of the properties, to the screening of the tenants, to the tenant portal our life has been made easier though its use and we haven't even scratched the surface yet. Great customer service and reasonably priced add on services have rounded out the benefits of this product for our business. Highly recommended.

Pros
Very comprehensive product with a lot to use. But our favorites so far are summary screen with a list of to dos, marketing screens, tenant portal - especially the work orders, EasyPay ACH. Basics of the product are very easy to use.

Cons
Very comprehensive product with a lot to use. Some times finding features can be a little tricky. I have run into several just by exploring. RTD is communicating new features on a regular basis to make this easier!

Caroline Valentino

The software is easy to use

Reviewed 2018-05-17
Review Source: Software Advice

My tenants and owners loved the owner portal.

Pros
It's easy to use and We can organize everything in just one place. The owner and Tenant portal help them to keep posted on the payments monthly.

Cons
We want to give too much information to receive payments online. I think they should make a page for owner linked with the tenant and other for the property. the layout will be better to see each information.

Deborah Love

Great Product, Great Price, Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-10-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Over-all I am satisfied with the product. It saves me time.

Pros
It is affordable and has streamlined my process. I can use it from any location. I like the reports and the portal. I have less face time with tenants and am more productive.

Cons
Didn't know ahead of time that I needed to apply for a merchant account. I had to wait until approved. Tenants used other methods of payment for the first month.

Diogo Oliveira

Excellent trade-off product

Reviewed 2017-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

It attends all the neediness.

Pros
Billing method is fair. It contains the features needed to a property management system. FQ&A's to help you set up the system by yourself.

Cons
Could better use friendly, for example, the task part. It doesn't have a section or page to set up tasks only by user/manager/owner. Some reports cannot be ran by house or investor. Only by the whole portfolio.

Heather Rampolla

Perfect Solution For Us!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Using Rentec allows us to screen tenants with confidence. Results populate quickly and the navigating the system is easy to learn.

Cons
Sometimes when using Rentec, records are missed that can be found online through local county and state websites.

Kati Thurman

Rentec Review

Reviewed 2016-12-21
Review Source: Software Advice

The system makes it really easy to keep track of expenses per property as well as keeping track of rent payments and late fees. I would highly recommend this to other property owners as well as property management businesses.

Cons
If you make an error in the accounting it's a little hard to repair. I would like an option to edit or either delete a transaction or be able to make a note and remove from the accounting error.

Maria Carbonell

Fabulous Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Not only is this software user-friendly but the customer service support is fabulous! I know I can count on them for anything I need!!! Would not go anywhere else!!!

Pros
Extremely user-friendly. Has everything you would need to run a business. They have thought of everything. They are always improving and finding ways to make our job easier.

Cons
None

John Melilli

Reviewed 2017-01-04
Review Source: Software Advice

For less amount of month, this software does everything I need. In fact, I'm incrementally learning more about it every time I'm using it. It creates a perfect report in excel for my accountant. It's a great product.

Pros
Manages all the finances (income and expenses) of my rental properties. Also manages documents, leases, applications, etc.

Cons
Can't think of one.

Ray Gadd

Great Company, Great Software!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-02-18
Review Source: Software Advice

The company has been so great to work with. I really appreciate their quality and support.

Pros
Easy to use. Accessible anywhere. Reliable. I have been using for three years and when it is tax time, I just put on a USB stick and give to my accountant.

Cons
Nothing. It was easy to download and easy to see where my problems are -- lack of payment, too high of a water bill, etc.

Helene Fitzgerald

I Love this Program

Reviewed 2017-05-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This is very easy to use and so many functions, It has been a blessing for us to save time. Evan the most challenged person can use it. Also it is great to have clients pay on line.

Cons
I really have not found anything I do not like. It would be helpful to have more training vidos or an easier way to find them.

Jessica Eakin

Rentec review

Reviewed 2017-01-07
Review Source: Software Advice

So far I have had a decent time. Though the background check leaves a bit to be desired. I ran a friend through who had a record and bad credit. It clearly stated the bad credit but no criminal record came up. My friend had a name change so I guess it didn't run that, but I thought the social might pull it up.

Pros
Well organized and allows online pay and reporting. Lots of tutorial videos and easy to understand instructions. The tenant pay is convent as well.

Cons
Criminal check doesn't work 100% but everything else seems to function very well.

Eric Gendron

I've used it for 2 years and I manage around 50 units.

Reviewed 2016-09-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Customer service is excellent. Its very affordable.

Cons
Allot of double entry. Hard to get back to where you started always puts you back to the beginning.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Stacy Bichelmeyer

Quick set up and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Customer service is very good and the help database can answer almost all of our questions!

Pros
Quick and easy to set up and use, Tracks payments and expenses, tracks maintenance calls, and has online portals for tenants

Cons
I would be great is the tenant portal was an phone app. I think that my tenants would be more likely to pay on time with an app.

Dana Steffy

This is the first

Reviewed 2016-10-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to learn and common sense location of what I need to find. Updates like tenant easy -pay are great. I like that I can access the site from all my devices

Pros
reasonable cost, easy to learn and use looks professional , even for a small time manager

Cons
Tenant on line credit card rent payment option has too high fees But, payment from checking accounts very fair

Tim Brown

Great Product!

Reviewed 2016-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

As a smaller property manager, we don't have time for all the bells and whistles that many products come with. Rentec Direct provides all the tools we need, and is not complicated to use. Meets all of our needs and makes us look like a larger firm with our landlords.

Pros

Cons
Not being a book keeper by trade, it takes some training to use well

Shawn Elrod

Good Software

Reviewed 2017-06-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Works well on a computer. Good level of functionality to meet the needs of a landlord. Easy to use

Cons
Not all functionality works that well on an IPad. Seems to be a little tricky to publish marketing info to other sites through syndication. Needs for specific instructions on address formatting to make sure it works.

Jennifer Waymire

Great!

Reviewed 2016-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

We were just starting out and Rentec Direct was a great option financially and for the ease of use. We have had so many features added in the last couple years making use look more and more professional. We are thrilled with the direction they are going and how it has helped our business grow.

Pros
Ease of use.

Cons
Reporting needs more work for details. But is easy overall.

Vickia Ricks

Rentec Services

Reviewed 2016-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

I enjoyed using the service. After using it for about 30 days things seem to fall in place.

Pros
Receipts, Reports and Sending notification was my favorite

Cons
Quick books setup was not install with management system. You can use it but not like I attended to.