ResMan

Property management software for multifamily apartments

visit website

ResMan Reviews - Page 4

ResMan enables efficiency

This program is very user friendly and efficient.

Pros

That you can attach documents to support any aspect of the file. You can keep track of all communication this way. It helps keep us agents and managers efficient. The tech support is very convenient by just clicking the help tab on the Boardroom.

Cons

Once a resident moves out, if there are charges left over and sent to a collections account within ResMan, the ledger starts pulling portions of those charges and writing it off. Which I understand the logic behind it but it can make things confusing later on when a resident slowly pays off the balance and they want a receipt and there are a number of write-off credits showing on the ledger.

Pros

It's online and you can see all companies together in one report.

Cons

Waiting way to long to resolve issues, Reports don't tie to accounting reports (e.g. prepaid), bank reconciliations don't always tie to balance sheet cash balances, transactions are batch in GL so noone knows what they are. The same vendors have different names in the GL depending on whether the transaction is an invoice or a payment making it time consuming to reconcile the AP GL to the unpaid invoice report, the balance sheet doesn't balance a lot of the time.

Absolute Gem

Having used ResMan for about 1 1/2 years now, I am thrilled with the company. The conversion process was relatively painless. The data is well organized. There is a learning curve - as is the case with all new software. The training was excellent and the options provided are extensive. This software can be utilized by any size property management company.

Pros

All inclusive software. Permits multi-level user access. User friendly. Quick and friendly customer service. Many add on services available. Perfect for any size property management organization. All entries and/or deletions are recorded making an audit trail easy to follow.

Cons

To date there are no cons. There is a bit of a learning curve. However, the user manual is easy to read and follow.

Not perfect, but the best solution out there.

Overall it is a very good software. They spend way to much resources on old ways of doing things instead of new ways, but they still provide a good product.

Pros

The software is pretty awesome, but it's not good enough yet. The best part is the 800 customer service line that you can get as much help as you need. That is fantastic and makes a Hugh difference. Shorter wait time would be better.

Cons

That it doesn't integrate with Bluemoon, because they want you to use Easy Lease which isn't as good as Bluemoon. The application is not very good on Resman.

Great Software

It has been a great product for our business. We are very satisfied and would highly recommend it.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and provides great reports. They provided excellent training before we started using the software. The technical support is very good. Normally you don't have to wait more than a minute or two to be connected with support on the chat feature.

Cons

Occasionally technical support can not resolve your issue immediately but in most cases they get it resolved within a day - which is not a big issue.

ResMan Software Review

Support is A+, Training was A+, Sofware is mixed. On the Accounting side it is an A. On the management side we have had several issues and would say it is a B-.

Pros

The back end accounting system. It is easy to enter bulk bills, scan and pay them. It offers a complete accounting solution so we no longer need to run our management software in one system and have our accounting books in a separate system. Support for ResMan is also 5 stars. With our previous software, we would wait days to hear something back about an issue we were having. Training was also great and they work to get all your information imported into their system.

Cons

The search function in the system is VERY limited. ResMan says it is intuitive but really unless you are searching exact text you get nothing. That is our biggest complaint with the system. Also, the system is almost module based which we were not used to. You have to have separate contracts for background, collections, lease generation, website, etc. This leads to very high cost for the software. In addition there is no mobile app you have to log in to your cell web browser and just make it harder to use than some of the other software out there.

Great Software!

Pros

Love how user friendly it is. Everything is on one application. Easy to understand.

Cons

Integration with other programs gives trouble sometimes.

Resman is the "Apple" of ease of use

Seamless honestly. It is easy to use and it is easy to teach someone else.

Pros

I love how easy to use this software is. It takes little time to have to train any of my new staff on this software. It is easy to fix any issues made within an account. I rarely run up against anything that I would change.

Cons

I feel like there should be integrated forms that we can can generate; either for one rental account or in bulk. As well, I feel like the date should not advance automatically if all tasks are not completed for the day (move ins, move outs, SODAs, etc.) or the dates are not updated; similar to OneSite's daily checklist. I also miss OneSite's "to do" dashboard. It gave property managers a snapshot of the things they needed to complete, within the software, for the day.

Growing Painfully

I am very frustrated with the Affordable side of Resman. It takes a long time to get them to correct issues and often they do not get done. Some of their support staff are exceptional and others have no clue.

Pros

I like that Resman works well with offices that run multiple properties. It is easy to move from one property to the next and to move resident between properties. It also has a good selection of reports.

Cons

Resman does not handle many of the affordable property tasks very well. Doing recerts and renewals is very confusing and is not working the way it should. They don't seem to have a good grasp on the Affordable Housing needs. They are working to correct these, but it is a slow process.

Hi Karen, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As you know, we have grown from a small startup with almost no resources. Oftentimes, rapid growth comes with growing pains like the ones you mentioned. Over the past 9 months, we have made substantial investments in our affordable edition. Expect to see those improvements rolled out over the next 3 months. We worked with one of the largest providers...

Highly recommend Resman

The training has been phenomenal, and when we run into issues, the online/phone support is very helpful. The system is user friendly and easy to navigate through. I really love the reporting options! Overall, I would give Resman 5 stars and highly recommend it.

Pros

It's user friendly and Resman is constantly making improvements.

Cons

If I had to pick a con, I would say that some of the admin settings are not as intuitive as they could be, but honestly, this is an issue in any software system because there are many options to where various settings live.

Easy way to keep track of employee hours

Pros

I used to create weekly reports for my boss that listed our team's hours on each project. It was easy to select the project and dates to filter so I could export the information to Excel for the reports. It was also easy to keep track of the employee's PTO each week. Having this software allowed me to create the reports I needed within a matter of minutes.

Cons

I did not have any cons while using this software.

Hi Miranda. Thanks for your review! Those reports you mentioned are great and our reporting is getting even better. We have a whole team working on creating the visibility and accuracy that property managers expect. Regards, Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Love Resman!

I have been working with Resman for 2 years now and so far it has been my favorite program to use from my 5 years of working in the apartment industry.

Pros

What I enjoy most about Resman is that they are very forgiving if you make mistakes . It's usually simple smooth process to fix the problem. I also like the customer service they typically answer the first time you call or call you back within the hour if they are busy.

Cons

Sometimes when it's the last or first of the month , Resman runs very slow.

Easy and User Friendly, Great for any Property Management

Great. Easy to learn, but I have been in the business for over 20 years.

Pros

ResMan is user Friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

Not much information on the internet for a new person to find training and how to use ResMan. I wish there was training, because some people are not user friendly.

Why I like Resman

I love that Resman is a one- stop shop for my day to day activities at work and makes my day more efficient and smooth.

Pros

This is a simple, easy to use platform for keeping track of Residents, Work orders, Turns, and many other aspects of my every day duties.

Cons

I would love the ability to text Residents a blank message from inside the work order.

Best Property Management Software

Overall its been a great experience. would not change software for the life of me. ResMan Rocks!!

Pros

1) How easy it is to use the software 2) How Great the tutorials are 3) Knowledgeable tech support team

Cons

I dont really have an area that I dislike.

Love this software

Pros

User friendly, good report selection and easy access to customer support.

Cons

Sometimes slow in printing reports and downloading invoices.

Thanks for the review, Kim! We'll look into the slowness that you're experiencing. Because of how our system is designed (specifically the re-calculations that happen when prior periods are re-opened and adjusted), there is some pretty heavy duty computer processing involved. That might be the source of the slowness. We'll let you know if we discover anything. Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

User Friendly

Overall experience has been very positive. Help desk is always quick and reliable

Pros

I have trained multiple new hires on Resman, it is so user friendly we rarely have to review instruction

Cons

Account Alert pop up- There is no account alert pop up available so if we have notes about a certain account and a temp or personnel from another office is trying to assist a resident they do not have a way to discern any type of situation that may be pending.

Simply The Best

We are able to go paperless in our leasing office and that is a huge deal for us and the environment.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate and use.

Cons

Sometimes there are a few settings that we aren’t sure how to change because there are settings for settings.

ResMan

Pros

The best feature I love about this software is the search bar. You can look up whatever you need from that one tool.

Cons

I must say I have used a few property management software and this by far is my favorite.

Jeffrey, thanks for the thumbs up! We're so happy that you're satisfied with your software experience so far. Please keep in touch and let us know what we can do to help you be even more successful moving forward! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Real Life Pros and Cons

With my former company we had to do the monthly reports by hand, on paper, and had to make all that balance. Now I just enter everything and Resman puts it all together for my boss. I also really like that I don't have to keep as much filing in the office since I can look up anything on Resman.

Pros

What I liked most was the sense of accomplishment when I see everything that I have entered integrated.

Cons

I don't like that there are several ways to do each task so learning most of this software was quite hard. I felt a great deal of frustration and began to wonder why it took me so long to catch on. Broke my confidence a bit.

Great system

Pros

Not too hard to navigate, but if I ever get stuck, I can usually get someone on the phone pretty quick. I manage three properties, and it's fairly seamless jumping from one to another. I really wish they had an easy to use app for the phone, but we just figured out they have a decent enough mobile site, so we've now set up our maint. man with that for doing our work orders.

Cons

There is a chat tab on the left side of the screen, in red that says HELP... but clicking on that is useless. No one ever responds. I really wish they had an easy to use app for the phone, but we just figured out they have a decent enough mobile site, so we've now set up our maint. man with that for doing our work orders.

Excellent Software for Home Based Business

We were struggling with management tracking and ResMan stepped in with a clear, concise software that improved our structure. It has been great as we have developed as a company!

Pros

We have been lucky to work with ResMan for 4+ years. As we have grown our business, they have been excellent strategic partners and made training for our staff simple!

Cons

We have not had any complaints or issues that have not been resolved immediately!

Resman Review

Daily it's a very good experience

Pros

I like that you can have multiple windows open; Program is very user friendly

Cons

*It'd be really great if the availability report could show make ready status. This way it's visible for management to actually see the status and progress of each unit. *Also if the delinquent report would show the notes and status for each unit delinquent.

We love Resman

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I have used 4 other software systems in this industry and have really found it to be one of the better ones. The customer service level is at 1000! You can chat immediately if you have a question or even calling its usually right away you get to speak to someone. They are always making updates to better their software too.

Cons

This is not so much a con for the Resman software but more so with the partners they are associated with. We have just constantly had issues with them.

Amazing!

I love using Resman, its the most simple and effective software I have used thus far.

Pros

The software is user friendly!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Nothing, the software is so simple to use, you can train yourself!

Pam, thanks so much for the positive review! Our original vision for the platform was to make property managers as effective as possible while fitting their daily lives. We're glad you love your software! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing