SimplifyEm Reviews

Chad Colston

No tech support

Reviewed 2019-12-02
Review Source: Software Advice

I have made 5 phone calls and have been told there are 2 escalated repair tickets in the month that this has been happening. Tech support tells me that someone will contact me when they have a solution. 1 month and no solution. This and the massive price increase for next year has made me decide to switch software providers for 2020.

Pros
I thought the software was easy to learn and entering data was easy.

Cons
I have had a software problem for over a month. I can't move tenants in or out and can't edit leases without my browser locking up. I have to close the browser and log in again. The problem doesn't go away when I log back in. I have resorted to using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of leases and dates because the software I am paying for doesn't work.

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are known to be easiest to use and known for our customer support. This is our first price increase in 5 years and we are still the most cost effective in the industry. Our price cannot be beat as we start at $10/month for managing up to 10 units. It looks like the issue was misunderstood initially. We are happy to have resolved it. We've noted your feedback and passed it along. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Kim English

Software advice lead us to purchase SimplifyEm for our business

Reviewed 2016-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We have not started using SimplifyEm yet. Will start setting it up in November 2016 to launch January 2017. We have signed up for a 3 year commitment. My overview is on the software advice we got. They recommended three companies that they thought would work for our business. I did not have to go through the hassle of calling and searching a dozen companies. I contacted the three companies that they recommended. Took a look at what they had to offer and the price it was going to cost per year. I decided that SimplifyEm would work the best for our business. They made searching for a software company much less taxing.

Cons
There is nothing that I do not like. They were very prompt in helping me select a software. They called back to see if I had any questions or if I needed more help in selecting a different software.

Karen Wooten

Easy, simple to use system

Reviewed 2016-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Easy to use and generate variety of report options make it easy to clients and tenants informed. The monthly cash flow report is helpful.

Cons
Would like a smartphone app for quick entry to handle maintenance request.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jeff Glass

A very pleased customer of SimplifyEm

Reviewed 2016-01-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Software is comprehensive and easy to use. I've never experienced such great vendor support. Can't say enough good things about the support. Not only do they know the software inside and out but they seem to know the property management industry and thus have provided several good tips on setting up the worksheets etc.

Cons
I will need to reach to find something I dislike. Perhaps a more robust report generator so I can do a bit more customized reporting.

Stephen Douhne

Great product!

Reviewed 2018-07-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I highly recommend helps us keep try of all rents and Tenants and even lets up set up online billing!

Cons
I do wish it integrated with our accounting software but I am happy with what it does do and will continue using it.

Pamela Bennett

I have used this software for three years & have been very satisfied

Reviewed 2015-06-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Ease of use and consistently good customer service

Cons
I do sometimes have problems logging in to my account as I use multiple computers. It would be nice to be able to log in to multiple stations at the same time.

Jennifer Kinsey

Customer service is the worst!!

Reviewed 2018-11-05
Review Source: Software Advice

I call and get hung up on. I call back because renters are complaining they are no longer taking payments on the 1st but now the 3rd without asking the account representative to approve this change. Second, renters today show they underpaid the rent to but were all paid up yesterday. I checked as rents are due. All customer service says is, "What did I do wrong, I need to fix this." As tried to explain was I didn't do anything but log on from yesterday and now I have to go in and fix it. What I should have heard was - let me see what happened... What I wanted to know was -did an update happen? By the way, in the background of the phone call before I hung up was the phone ringing and ringing and lots of voices so something happened.

Pros
Options for keeping track of expenditures and online payments. The feasibility for the renters to make payments and for me to keep track.

Cons
Customer Service!! Customer service will take no responsibility. This is the second time I have logged on and balances have changed. Don't trust this

STEVE Young

So far loving it and the customer support is just as good if not better than the reviews stated.

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I highly recommend this company and their program.

Pros
A full suite of leasing and management and cloud-based! Also, a system that should be a good fit for any size person or company and with room to expand! The integration of the Trans Union credit/criminal history site is a huge plus as well.

Cons
Nothing so far, just the learning curve with a new system. I've gone from a Quicken, stand-alone program to this fine product and it'll just take a little while to get used to all the bells and whistles.

Frances Godin

Property management made easy

Reviewed 2018-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Software advice guided me to three good companies. For the size of our business SimplifyEm seemed the best fit. And their emails were very helpful and non- aggressive.

Pros
It is user-friendly and the cost seems reasonable. Tutorials are available as needed and customer support is always available. Information is easy to enter and to edit, if necessary.

Cons
I may be wrong but it doesn't download into Quicken. We are just getting started with this software so there aren't any defects, if any, that can be mentioned here.

MICHAEL WOLACH

Great product for my smaller Property Management Business

Reviewed 2017-03-06
Review Source: Software Advice

This is the third Property Management Software system I have used. It is by far the easiest to use, and does everything I need. I would recommend for anyone with properties up to 100 units. If you are a smaller company this is by far the best product!

Pros
Ease of use Great Support Offers everything I need to work with my Tenants, and Owners Fantastic Value

Cons
I have been using this product for about 3 months. So far I do not have any negatives. Suggestion for future upgrades. Allow more detailed Tenant Information to be entered.

Alejandra Maldonado

A little more than Okay!

Reviewed 2018-05-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This software becomes easier to use as you gain familiarity with it so it is important for you to actually get hands on with the software. It does help keep everything organized and their customer service is great, they'll walk through whatever problem you are having.

Cons
SimplifyEm would benefit from better training, I'd rather have information available or a video that I can watch instead of having to call. Improve that and it'll be even better.

Elizabeth Larson

If you want to wait forever for your money, this is the program for you!

Reviewed 2017-05-02
Review Source: Software Advice

The reason I looked into property managment software was to allow tenants to easily pay rent online and avoid the headache of manual deposits. Unfortunately, this created a whole different and worse problem. Money was not available in the account for 7-10 days. ACH payments really shouldn't take that long to clear!

Pros
Some of the features ae convenient. Customer service team was helpful and polite. Setup was easy and fast.

Cons
Deposits through ACH took 7-10 days to clear. Even with weekends, this length of time is unworkable for most owners.

Response from Jessica

Hi Elizabeth, we are happy to hear you found the setup was easy and our support team was helpful!

It seems like the online payment process was not clear, so I'm happy to clarify! Although it has never taken 7 or more business days to clear, online payments do take 2 business days to clear, not including weekends or bank holidays, such as Christmas. We are looking forward to the upcoming federal changes to payment processing that will be reducing the clearing period to 1 business day and will be including this as part of our system as it becomes available.

Online payments can take more time to process than driving to a bank and depositing rent payments. However, most property managers value online payments for the amount of time saved each month compared to handling paper checks, manually depositing and manually bookkeeping each payment. Online payments also provide an easy way for tenants to automate and send payments, creating a more professional experience. Online Payments are one of our most popular features, which will continue to be enhanced based on feedback like yours!

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Ashleigh Oviedo

Pretty good.

Reviewed 2018-05-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software is pretty easy to use after playing with it a couple of times. Everything looks organized.

Cons
When first setting up tenants, there is an area to enter the flat late fee and daily fees after but I'm not sure if they actually work because the rep that walked me through how to use it he manually put in the late fees. I wouldn't like having to do that with each tenant. Hopefully its just a misunderstanding on my part. I will find out soon.

James Morasch

3 months managing my own property and SimplifyEM made it easy!

Reviewed 2016-07-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Learning curve was short. Even better, on-line help was useful in setting up the properties. I had several long-term tenants in the properties and on-line help was able to walk me through how do properly document the prior lease agreements and deposit amounts and times without causing accounting errors. I have accessed owner reports already and they are well laid out and comprehensive. Great work. Far beyond expectations!

Cons
The kind of silly name "SimplifyEM" does not reflect the fact that this is a very professional and complete package.

Susan Jensen

Excellent Property Management System

Reviewed 2017-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a very good software program and I looked at several options. I'm pleased with my choice. I've called the Customer Service so much, they know me by name!! Always very helpful.

Pros
Detailed Reports for Owners, Supports Online Banking Services for Owners and Tenants, Excellent Customer Support

Cons
I had difficulty learning the flow process and getting properties loaded in the beginning, but Simplifyem had a training call with me and that helped considerably.

Sherry Tranter

Happy wih the simplicity of the product use.

Reviewed 2016-10-06
Review Source: Software Advice

I felt it was pretty to use with quit a bit of options for the one performing the use on the software.

Pros
A great deal for your money

Cons
I feel that the cost starts out really good however, they offer some other products for the higher tiers that are not available in the lower ones.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Maria Escandon

Best product for your money

Reviewed 2016-12-14
Review Source: Software Advice

After working in the property management industry and dealing with software like Appfolio, I know the impact of a good software in the day to day operation in my new job as an investor of 8 apartment rentals.

Pros
Online rent payments Tenant and vendor reports, income and expense reports, rent roll, etc

Cons
Parking fee and any other fees have to be compiled in one rent payment. Does not allow to break it up.

Annie Williams

APTLY NAMED- I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2017-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Simplifyem is aptly named as it is easy to use and does all you need for managing property. I tried several other software systems before settling on this one. It is fast, simple and logical. And the support is incredible. If you are looking for a software program for managing properties, this one is the best and very fairly priced.

Pros
Ease of use; terrific support.

Robert Taylor

Much less than expected

Reviewed 2016-07-25

You don't learn the truth about the product until you start using it. May not get you some of your money until the 7th of the month if using online banking even though rent is due on 1st. Program does not inform you of a service request placed on Portal by tenant. You are not emailed about the service request. Inconveniently you must go online and search for service request. This defeats the purpose of convenience.

Pros
Online program

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Notifications have always been sent immediately via email for service requests. These requests can be edited or updated by logging into the account. Online payments always take 2 business days to clear before being deposited. Online payments are incredibly popular due to the convenience for both the tenant and the property manager. They will also automatically make an entry in the software when a payment is made letting you know the deposit date. We pride ourselves on the excellent support we provide, so if you have any questions or need help, please feel free to contact support at 510 790 9066 9-5pm PST or support@simplifyem.com.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Zoraya Colon

Great Pricing for small property management!

Reviewed 2017-06-13
Review Source: Software Advice

It's a great system for small companies or owners. Pricing is not bad for a few dollars you can get all that you need to keep track of everything.

Pros
Pricing and customer service. They even schedule a training for you where they teach you step by step.

Cons
Might be a bit tricky to set up with a few too many steps. You have to go to several places to complete the info for 1 rental.

Al Jurado Jr

Simply amazing!

Reviewed 2015-02-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software is easy to understand and use. It seems like a Property Manager has designed it to make our work more simply (thus, SimplifyEM). The vendor is always ready to help and answer questions with patients and knowledge. They are a world of knowledge.

Cons
Information gathering could be more detailed. Landlord, tenant, managers all accessible, and name/title of unit could coincide with the owner of the property rather than unit # or company name.

Grace DeLeon

Review of SimplifyEm Program - Recent purchase

Reviewed 2016-09-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I am new to the product but so far it appears to be of great value. So far the product seems to be exactly what we need, we are a small operation but need major organization and record keeping and this product seems to be exactly what we need. I inputted data this weekend and it really was quite simple - even I was able to do it - all on my own.

Cons
The go back option is a little tricky. I needed to go back to the previous screen and I had to finagle my way around it. It probably is operator issue - I just have to learn the program

Robert Porsavage

Simpliflyem software

Reviewed 2017-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Pricing is fair but should include whatever you need with no charge.

Pros
Once you start using the software it gets easier to use. If you need help a rep is readily available and is knowledgeable

Cons
More options cost more should be included for. Up to 10 units. Tenant area should have more detail available, Maybe some suggestions given on entries.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Kathy Freitag

Good For The Budget Minded

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

The software getting stuck. I swear it used to change my numbers on balance sheet. I don't like that after mis take on balance sheet, I can erase it.

Pros
Easy to use, only because I've been a user for about 7 yrs? I like the detail description feature. So owners know.

Cons
Software Always gets stuck when I send my reports and I have to get out and come back in. Dinosaur keeps sending.....

johnny steele

Awsome

Reviewed 2018-01-31
Review Source: Software Advice

In the beginning I had lots, of questions from customer support, not one time did the CS person roll their eyes or exhale when i was asking questions.

Pros
ease of updating information, customer support is unbelievable and all support i have talked to speaks English and they can understand me and i can understand them. Thats a WOW