TenantCloud Logo

Rental property accounting & management software

TenantCloud Reviews - Page 8

CM

Christina M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service

I had the pleasure of working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] multiple times after calling in, and she was super helpful and very knowledgeable on the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] even took the time to call me back after doing some research with some helpful insights and tips to reconcile my report.

Pros

I love that there is live phone support on this platform and that each customer service representative can take time to walk you through your questions while on the platform.

Cons

It's a little tricky to get started and had to call in a few times. The video and FAQ's are really helpful if you have the time to go through them.

JG

Jason G.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

New User

About a 6 overall. I don't have a whole lot of use for it yet, but the customer service experience makes me wonder how I would be treated if I was a paying customer with a more serious problem.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and set up. I only own a couple properties at this point, so I don't have a whole lot to take care of, but it helps keep task and things prioritized and organized. I did put in a ticket for what I thought would be a basic customer service issue almost a month ago, and it still hasn't been resolved. It makes me wonder how something would be handled if I had a more serious issue.

Cons

The cost associated with using some of the features of the website. Because I only have a couple of properties, I don't need a subscription service, but if I could purchase one-off things like background checks, or if I could push off cost on to tenats for transactions to allow them to pay me through the app. if they wanted to.

BG

Bekah G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best Property Management Program I’ve Found!

We own/manage about 8 luxury apartment rentals and 6 business suites and this program has everything we need to be successful. I am so excited to see where our business goes now that we have the right tools to get us there!

Pros

Really easy to use, quickly learn how to maneuver through it, covers all the bases of what we needed the program to do and much more. It is a program we can and will grow our business with!

Cons

I have no complaints so far. I had looked through, downloaded and called about 20 different programs and nothing was exactly perfect for what we needed. Until I found TenantCloud! Then, it was like finally, the search is over!

JA

Jeremy A.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great platform for property management - Easy and Efficient

TenantCloud is great to keep track of all the financial information of your company and to communicate with your property manager without having to send emails.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is kept in the same app, can be checked using our phone and all the information is available at all time.

Cons

I personally don't use the payment abilities because the communication wasn't very clear about it.

SP

Sunny P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Good web based software for mid sized landlord

Pros

Has good features for management companies.. where they manage owner, tenant and management company. Good pricing for the features it offers. One of the lowest I have seen. Keep those up..

Cons

Support response time needs to be improved. Other than that all good.

CM

Christopher M.

Great well rounded product

Pros

Has almost everything you need to manage a property

Cons

Can be buggy at times. Accounting feature can be hit or miss, need to enter in a whole contact to assign an expense

AD

Arvid D.

Jury is still out

As with any new piece of software there has been a learning curve and I’ve had to delete tenants because of listing mistakes. There is probably an internal editing feature but I just started over. The biggest surprise with using TC with my tenants was finding out that half of the tenants don’t have/use emails and don’t like credit cards, so I’m finding that I have to run different programs to do the same work. That of course, isn’t the fault of TC. But, when most tenants prefer to drive to the bank to make a deposit and only one tenant has taken advantage of the TCPayment option, I probably won’t be fighting the crowd too much longer.

Pros

For my specific purposes the ability to set up multiple tenants made my accounting easier.

Cons

The sorting of the tenant list. I asked the support team how I could sort by unit number and I was told that I couldn’t. The sort is by the first name of the tenants, not even the last name, and I am constantly scrolling looking for the tenant I want.

LP

Luke P.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Use for Property Management

So far I've enjoyed using the platform overall. The simplicity is nice, I just wish the payment processing time was significantly less.

Pros

I enjoy the simplicity of this product for accounting purposes on my rental property. It's a great single access point for myself as well as my property manager to interact and record all transactions, issues, comments, and changes.

Cons

I feel like the processing time is extremely slow, I'll get an email stating my deposit has processed and then it's another week or more before I actually see it hit my account, which I think is incredibly slow in this day and age. That being said, that's my only complaint so I do still enjoy the platform for my intended use.

JJ

JARVIS J.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

The Most All-Inclusive Property Management App!

Overall great experience and highly recommended for those looking to manage their rental properties and keep more of the revenue, outside of the typical vacation rental sites/apps.

Pros

The ability to send invoices and collect payments from all tenants in one location is great! Also having a maintenance request section makes it easier to track expenses and property repairs over time. Lastly, the fact that there is an actual app is key; other property management sites/apps do not have quality apps or don't allow the ability to manage everything effectively, all in one place.

Cons

The app is a little overwhelming upon initial introduction and takes a while to get used to. Should be simplified for mass adoption.

BM

Beverly M.

My management program

Outside of the things mentioned, I love this product and will continue using it!

Pros

The invoice notices that comes to my email as a reminder to check on the tenant for potential issues

Cons

The notes associated with payments gets confused when you enter more notes

MF

Matt F.

Real Estate, self-employed

A single interface for all things related to managing your properties

I bought a new out-of-state property and needed a single piece of software to manage it. TenantCloud was a great choice.

Pros

My favorite part of TenantCloud is the accounting functionality. I can manage all my income and expenses with it, and I don't need to pay for a Quickbooks subscription. It's definitely a win-win and my accountant is going to thank me in April.

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use, and if you offer a discount on rent one month, I still can't figure out how to manage that other than having unpaid rent due, but otherwise, it's great.

NM

Nancy M.

Used other for 1-2 years

Tenant Cloud pretty good

It was pretty good, but I only manage a few properties so I found google docs and excel are good enough for me.

Pros

It had a lot of features, some a little confusing but overall not bad for the money.

Cons

Like I sad, a little confusing but I believe if they offered training it would a super great program.

Nancy, thank you for finding time to leave us a review. We value every opinion to make our service better for our users. Stay safe, TenantCloud Team

CN

Christopher N.

Good robust software

Pros

It is an all in one system including document uploading, maintenance requests, payments while giving access to tenants to many of the tools.

Cons

It is sometimes too complicated to use, and definitely not straight forward. Support is good but it does take a couple of hrs as they don’t have a chat option.

QM

Qiana M.

Real Estate, self-employed

The benefits of tenant cloud

TenantCloud because its easy to use and very user friendly.

Pros

I love TenantCloud because its easy to use.

Cons

I think that the tax accounting feature can be improved.

YB

Yaakov B.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Know who you are

Okay for the part time manager but nothing more

Pros

It is simple to use for the features that it does have and everything is clearly labeled for what it does

Cons

If you are a real management company and plan on using this as your way of interacting and keeping files on tenants then this software product is not the way to go. It does not offer enough reports and it can only handle dealing with leases and tenants in a very simple fashion. Once you start to have to rely on the program for remembering thing such as how much people paid and when they paid with what it becomes very inadequate.

Aaron R.

Just starting out

Pros

I have a rental property (first time) and was referred by a friend who does this for a living. I started with the free trial and am very impressed. EVERYTHING is intuative and in one place. Paint colors, warranty info, accounting, purchases, expenses all easy to access. Once I get closer to being done fixing the place up I'll get a subscription so I can have help with the lease details, billing and calander sync. Great product!

Cons

So far I haven't come across anything I'd change or add.

AH

Angela H.

My Angel Dynasty Homes Tenant Cloud Review

It's been great for a 1st time property manager. Now I can say I have experience with an incredible product that helps me lead the way in my business and everyday real estate life! It's a lifestyle for me, and I hope to use tenant cloud for more years to come, and as the company grows, I grow, we grow as leaders in the industry!

Pros

The lead generation product, the credit and background are the most impactful products of tenant cloud, built all in 1.

Cons

The dashboard was kind of complicated to read at first and it was hard to find out what each link/feature offered or needed to be used for. But I guess that's normal with any interface. I'm still learning.

MK

Mark K.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Overly complex if you are using to just collect rent.

Pros

It works, although is not intuitive if all you want to do is collect rent, and keep track of payments by property or by tenant.

Cons

All I need it for is really collecting rent. If that is the case, the interface is not optimized for you

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it.

DB

Dan B.

Accounting Software For Real Estate / Passive Income

It's been a small learn, but the interface is very friendly and easy to use after a little time.

Pros

The interface is very easy to use, and appreciate the forced requirements to enable a lease to go live. This ensures things are complete and done correctly.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

Rosa C.

We manage our 15 units for free

I heard about tenantcloud last year from a friend of mine. I wasn't hurrying to sign up. Most of the time free softwares end up poorly. I was using buildium, but it was too expensive. I signed up a while after tenantcloud integrated background checks. It's been half a year since and I'm loving it. Online payments, tenant screening and reports. We use it for our 15 units and everything works great. The system is very easy and customer support is great. I recommend it for small landlords, it's perfect.

Pros

It's free, it has online payments and a great customer support.

Cons

Waiting for criminal report to be integrated.

We can¿t thank you enough for your great review. Happy landlording!

RN

Raj N.

Property Management for smaller landlords

Its a evolving software that is going in the right direction. They are working hard at it. It has helped me move from Excel to this where its centrally managed

Pros

Online payment and account setup. Marketing.

Cons

Navigation. Inter-connectivity of modules. Custom Lease upload for signature etc and/or integration to products like docusign.

CS

Chase S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great product to help keep my business organized

Pros

Online payments with tenant tracking and ability to upload lease documents

Cons

No major complaints, I have had a positive experience so far.

NF

Nate F.

Saves Thousands and Hours

Pros

Everything is in one place and available at any time.

Cons

Ease of use of online payments. Most tenants have issues

DC

Derek C.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

The price hike got me out

It's been good, but when your price went up by almost 60% to $144, I opted out, and switched to TurboTenant. I did not feel the value was there for your new pricing. I would have been okay with a maybe a 25% hike, but it made me jump ship. Turbotenant is cheaper, but lacks features. However, with someone like myself, who gives consistent feedback, they have been upping their game, slowly but surely. Both of you have high end customer support and active development teams. However, you are currently more feature rich, and if your price point was closer to $100, I'd probably come back.

Pros

I like the auto payments, the maintenance Kanban board, and the ability to track your appliance part numbers, etc. Improved mobile functionality would be greatly appreciated, at least when it comes to the maintenance tasks.

Cons

I think your organization of leases and tenants is very clumsy. It takes me a few minutes to remember where to go to find the right tenant/lease. This should be one of the most obvious areas of your website, but is the most clumsy, in my opinion.

SP

Stephanie P.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Tenant cloud makes simplifies your life

I have used Tenant cloud to communicate with tenant. Keeps track of everything in one place.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage property. It is a one stop shop for property managers.

Cons

Nothing. So far everything has been straight forward and easy to navigate for me and tenant.