VTS Reviews

4.64/5 (86 reviews)

jay alexander

great product - still transforming

Reviewed 2019-06-24

The main business function I am filling is tracking my tenant leads. I have yet to figure out and use the reminder functions . .i.e. that when a lease is coming up I get a notice to call. I am sure its easy to do, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Pros
I like the ease of use of tracking our tenant leads, in conjunction with the app, I use it every day in my brokerage business.

Cons
There are issues with "who controls the data"; with our clients who use the program, we can' t make a lot of changes to the other pieces of info (stacking plans, lease expirations, etc.) and so often that info will become incorrect. I don't use a lot of those functions as it seems cumbersome to keep it all up for the limited amount of benefit I get out of it. Also, another issue is that when we move a tenant to "dead", there is no way I know of to go back and do a forensic analysis report showing which ones toured, made offers or which ones didn't. This is important when we are trying to show clients how many tours etc. we had. But, again, maybe there is a way to do this I can't figure out.

Michael Alessio

Reviewed 2019-06-17

VTS has solved one of the biggest problems in commercial real estate; keeping track of activity and the different stages each prospective tenant is "in". We have eliminated multiple spreadsheets, word docs and other forms of tenant tracking by using VTS. At any time, we as brokers, or our Landlord clients can see where we are at with any tenant in real time. It's a very valuable tool for us as users and for clients (potentially as users) to stay on top of everything at every project in a fairly simple manner.

Pros
This software is by far the easiest to use and most complete way to track listing activity (prospects, tours, proposals, etc.). VTS offers many fields to input information to in a way that our Landlord clients appreciate. Overall, VTS is a simple to use platform.

Cons
Some of the features are cumbersome, especially when adding to, or updating spaces available for lease. It seems that the user must go through several steps to get to the end result (i.e. - adding a space under a property listing; you have to click and go through a couple screens to successfully add a property).

Andrew Robben, CCIM

Great Asset Management & Leasing Tool

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
VTS is a great Asset Management and Leasing Tool. It allows an asset manager to physically see the real-time leasing activity, stacking plans, lease roll, and more. VTS neatly organizes all the leasing activity in one location, allowing me as a leasing broker to visually see the deals I am working on and continue to move the ball forward with each one. Tying it into the landlord's lease administration software allows me to look up lease expirations, stacking plans, and encumbrances for quicker and more educated response times. This has been the most helpful piece of new technology for office landlords and leasing agents in the last decade.

Cons
I am having a hard time finding something I like least about VTS, as it is a great tool that all listing brokers and landlords should be using.

Dan Brandon

A Key to our Leasing Success

Reviewed 2018-10-10

VTS has been a great partner to work with. They are open to, and encourage, our input. The constant drive to improve and to be on the cutting edge of CRE technology is an important feature for us, and separates VTS from the pack.

Pros
This package is focused on commercial real estate; others we considered were CRM or accounting programs that had a component of CRE. VTS helps my team with communication and productivity, and keeps everyone up to date with the latest status on deals in progress, prospecting, and overall results.

Cons
VTS is constantly improving and addressing areas that need additional development. Some of the areas that were not strengths have had enhancements and improvements, so areas that we didn't like as strongly have been or are being addressed.

Chase Kulp

Happy with use but wish we could modify a few things

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Overall it is a very useful/ efficient platform for our leasing portfolio and keep us all on same page with our clients in real time.

Pros
Integrates all leasing reporting for our clients and has additional features that are helpful from time to time. Mostly we use it to track all of the TIM's (Tenants in Market) we track on a daily basis.

Cons
There are several small changes I think would make a big difference in day to day use, at least for our team specifically. This highlights one of the larger things I think the software lacks. Ability to modify/ incorporate items that a specific user wants/ needs (similar to Salesforce)

Allie Lancashire

VTS Update

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
I am on a team that does agency office leasing. VTS makes its easy for us to track all the deals that are going on at each building. One thing that I really like about using VTS is how easy the support line is. We recently did an audit on the stacking plans in VTS and realized they were not accurate. Your support team made it easy for us to update them all. I sent the stacking plans over to the support group and they uploaded them for us.

Cons
When I put in a new deal it does not populate at the top of the list so I am usually have to go through the list of deals to find the most recent one added.

Erin Potts

VTS Makes Leasing Easier

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Pros
VTS is so easy to use! It makes keeping track of our listings and deals a breeze. My favorite thing is the stacking charts for each building. It is a great and easy way to visualize what spaces are available or coming up for renewal.

Cons
Occasionally, there will be a bug or a glitch. I wish it was easier to input new listing data. For example, if you have a building with a lot of tenants, you have to create the space first, then add the tenant's information. It's not bad if you have 12 tenants but if you have a larger building with 30+ tenants, you'll be working on inputing the information for quite awhile.

Barry Fabyan

Reviewed 2019-06-17

VTS allows me to update my clients and report to them much more efficiently, especially with multiple team members.

Pros
VTS is a great tool to update prospective activity at a particular office building. It provides live updates across the user platform and is fairly easy to use. It could incorporate other functions, but it is very good at what it does.

Cons
Does not track marketing activity. It is not easy to enter a deal into and comps are not really useful.

Ronald Laurita

Great Program fro Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed 2019-06-24

My over all experience with VTS has been great and this product really helped us make the right deals to not only increase or occupancy percentage but make the right financial deal that help make our park more profitable.

Pros
The over all ease of using this software is probably the biggest Pro. I also liked many of the feature like the daily email update, how it would show you if your proposal was less or more profitable, and how easy it was to add and delete spaces.

Cons
I really can't think of any cons, not really a con but more a recommendation that it would be great to see some market research. For example if I could see other leases around my area that would be coming up in the next 6 months or so. That would help me target new tenants with my marketing efforts.

Amie Kee

Reviewed 2018-10-09

For our purposes in Property Management and Leasing, VTS is an invaluable tool.

Pros
One stop shop where all involved can transparently see every step of the process.

Cons
The fact that any user can delete any other user comment is a bit scary; deletion of comments should be limited to only the user who posted. Also, the ability to change the date of a comment should not be allowed as it can confuse the timeline of the deal and required response. Another point, when making any edit to a comment you have made, VTS should not re-email recipients unless specifically prompted; usually just spelling error corrections. (VTS should have spell check). When deleting a document, it should also remove the footprint; as it is now, it will still show a blank post unless you delete that as well. When setting a future reminder, VTS should not email the fact that a reminder has been created, this is not necessary and superfluous.

Anonymous

VTS User Friendliness

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I am a real estate broker and have used VTS for three years now on all of my listings for sale and for lease. It is a very powerful platform that allows me to track users and continue to follow up with inquiries. I recommend using the platform as much as I can to colleagues.

Pros
Automatic tour notifications when near a building, follow up task updates, email overviews with the recent updates.

Cons
There seems to be a lot of features that are not clear as how to use them. Maybe tutorials would help users better understand unique tools that are accessible on the software.

Hastings Crockard

Great

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Having the ability to provide my clients with real-time updates is invaluable. It has built trust and opened more lines of communication with my team and our clients. It's efficient and cuts back time on update calls and emails that I'd usually spend 30 minutes to an hour doing.

Pros
Accessibility and ability to use on the go. It's straight forward and user friendly.

Cons
It doesn't update information I input sometimes, and the stacking plans and spaces available / not available aren't accurate even if I send our stacking plans and updates to support.

Kevin Dick

Changed the way I do business

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Pros
I think it is very intuitive to use. This has been a perfect tool for agency leasing, and our team has enjoyed adopting it.

Cons
They have made some changes over the past 6 months that I like less than the original interface. There were some pipeline graphs I loved. Also, the continual gripe is that VTS is only a solution for one part of the CRE business, it would be great to have a one-stop-shop regarding software for CRE (CRM, tenant-rep, agency leasing, sale DD, mapping...etc.).

Chris Wren

Great overall, unreliable in specific cases

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Great for keeping up with / tracking lease progress and overall leasing activity.

Pros
Visually, quick reference deal activity.

Cons
Often inconsistencies (suite #, SF, etc) when a lease is executed in the deal tracking section, as compared to the spaces and stacking plan section. For instance, I often catch spaces continuing to be shown as vacant even though the deal for that space has been executed. There needs to be a reconciliation step in the deal execution workflow. This makes us often question whether the Occ / Vac calc and stacking plan are current. For reports, would be helpful for user to have more control over content included in export.

Kevin Dick

Couldn't do my work without it

Reviewed 2019-06-18

This tool is essential to our agency leasing team. While there are some specific peripheral features I wish it had, by and large this is the "brains" of our operation to stay on top of all our properties and vacancies. After reviewing lots of different solutions, this was the best option for our team.

Pros
Intuitive interface. Web-based. Great app for iPhone.

Cons
Would like an archive function for archived properties. Would like a pipeline graph to show at what stage prospects go to "dead."

Hugo Frewin

VTS - All leasing information in one place

Reviewed 2018-10-12

We could not be happier. Timing of reports and having up-to-date information about leasing. Time kills deals and VTS has allowed us to reduce this risk.

Pros
VTS has become a very valuable tool within our commercial division. It allows us to have up to date information across our whole portfolio 24 hrs a day. Instead of requesting an update from our broker, i can sign in and get it there and then. A massive time saver.

Cons
The main issue that I have with VTS is the fact that reports are not fully customization. The reports need to become easier to tailor to make them even more fit for purpose

Anonymous

Stellar product

Reviewed 2018-10-10

VTS is a fantastic software that has helped me and my colleagues efficiently keep track of all relevant leasing information including prospects, active deals, tenants in the market and other potential leads. It also allows me to quickly export information and distribute to stakeholders via simple, customized reports. Overall, VTS is a gamechanger and has completely altered how I conduct my business.

Pros
VTS makes it simple to keep all my information on active deals, tenants in the market, and prospects organized in one place. I can also sync it up with my phone (and those of my teammates) to get notifications and updates in real time.

Cons
The NER calculator is average at best. Given how complicated deals are getting now, it is difficult to be able to enter all necessary deal components quickly and easily.

Jonathan Cohen

Reviewed 2018-10-09

It has been an absolute lifeline in terms of tracking all of our activity and preparing reports to our clients.

Pros
The ease of use and a very straightforward interface. Allows me to easily utilize the program for exactly what I need on a day-to-day basis.

Cons
I am not well educated or familiar with additional functions/capabilities within the program. I almost strictly use the program for tracking and have not been exposed to other capabilities. I also hate how if you upload a contact info as a 'contact' as opposed to a 'broker', I can't pull this information up on the mobile app.

Roderick Abram

VTS Satisfaction

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Generally very good but i don’t we’re scratching the surface of the softwares capability.

Pros
Electronic monitor of enquiries avoiding the use of clumsy word/excel schedules. Easy of monitor and update between joint agents and clients.

Cons
Complications of administration to update property records. I don’t feel we are using many of the key features of the software to analyse the data to present to our clients.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Trevor Franke

Great for keeping up with Prospects

Reviewed 2019-07-01

We have been pleased with the VTS product and it serves our needs well.

Pros
Easy to enter and update prospects. My team can keep all of our leasing reports up to date with minimal effort. Saves time in preparing for leasing meetings. Because it is easy to enter prospects we enter all inquiries and do not lose any potential tenants.

Cons
Our clients are telling me that it is getting expensive.

Meade Boutwell

VTS, wonderful software for owners

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Great program. I got back to the Beta days and love it.

Pros
This really has help consolidate our reporting and communications. Everyone knows what is happening and what the status of each deal is.

Cons
They need to allow hyperlinks in the "spaces" section. New vendors are coming out with great products that will only allow us to hyperlink. e.g. Matterport.

Yvonne Baker

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Eliminated hours of reporting and looking backwards. Provided hours back to production and management.

Pros
Quick; easy in and out of the software. It is very intuitive and the placement of the inputs is good. I really like it.

Cons
I am fortunate in that my real estate owner pays for my access - I've heard that other independent agents feel it is too expensive.

Kennedy Griffin

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Pros
What I like most about VTS is that it is a central database for all of our leasing information across all of our funds. Having a central location where I can go to find any information I need on any given asset helps me work much more efficiently.

Cons
The thing I like least about the software has nothing to do with the software itself. I wish I could get some of our partners and leasing agents to keep the software more up to date and make it more of a priority of theirs.

Bridgette Taylor

VTS (Agency)

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Pros
- Zero training time - Automated transaction reporting to ownership - Ease of setting up assets - Ease of adding spaces - Deal comments / changing deal stages - Easy reporting - pulling activity reports

Cons
The technical service has declined significantly, in terms of responsiveness and transparency.

Brandon Paletta

VTS Review 7.1.19

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Easy to access customer support. Clean looking interface with no problems.

Pros
It is a perfect way for my property managers and leasing team to work collaboratively on deals. There is also an easy to use app for access to the portfolio on the go.

Cons
Not great use as a CRM. We wanted the ability to be able to record calls/emails and schedule follow ups with notification reminders. Maybe thats not the intended use but having that would give us a one stop shop for the deal process.