Yardi Voyager Logo

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.89/10

Reviews by rating

Overall Yardi Voyager is a great product, super robust with tons of features. It's an all-in-one total accounting software.
Over all i think that yardi is great. I love that it is so customizable.
In general, it's been a real struggle. It's just been really hard making Yardi work for my company.
Companies without this necessary IT role/department will struggle.

EB

Elijah B.

Leaseing Spacialist

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use, and very organized.

Transcript

Elijah: My name is Elijah. I'm a senior leasing consultant in the apartment leasing industry, and I give...

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Yard is very helpful, and typically easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I use yardi everyday for resident records, and I like the amount of information that can be easily imported and edited and the memo finction is very useful.

Cons

Yardi can be a slow, especially while running reports. It is not always user friendly when Simone is waiting for you to pull up information. Seems to loose saved information, I also wish it would help prevent duplicate entries for prospects by pulling from a variety of fields.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

A little dated but it does the job

Most people in the industry use Yardi, which makes it great when speaking to other managers in my city. I had a hard time understanding how to get tasks done when I first started using it, but now I'm fluent and it makes sense.

Pros

Yardi has a ton of functions. You feel like they've thought of everything that you may need. It's very diverse regarding its features.

Cons

Learning how to use the program to its fullest takes a lot of time and effort. It also seems like you go through a lot of clicking or steps to get where you need to be in comparison to other programs I've used.

RG

Robert G.

Facilities Services, 10,001+ employees

You need to step up your game

I don't like it, I don't like it at all. It's clumsy and not user friendly. You should seriously get some design ideas from Building operator, end users.

Pros

Not much. WHy I can do some things on the phone app I can't do on my pc and vise versa is pretty poor design off the hop.

Cons

Where do I begin? Reviewing hours, I should be able to see a spreadsheet of my hours not manually check each day. Why it doesn't automatically sync data is beyond me. Every change I make on the work order or hours has to be manually synced. Why it doesn't automatically sync when I open and or close the app is archaic. I constantly get data retrieval errors, it loses hours I've entered and sorting through work order lists is clumsy and time consuming. My company recently switched to Yardi from Impak and it's been like 10 steps in the wrong direction for work order and hour tracking. I could get used to the actual work order system but the way it tracks hours is extremely limited. We need an interactive spreadsheet that shows weeks not single days.

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are always striving to improve our products to meet client needs. Recently, we released new product features that have improved syncing and we're confident you will be pleased with the improvements. We encourage you to speak with your project manager for additional details and timing.

DS

Darren S.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

It Does Everything

It is not perfect and most often they do try to be quick with responding to issues. The people have been great to work with.

Pros

It is such a large package that it has everything you need to manage rental properties. Having a Canadian module is a great help too.

Cons

High cost of base licensing. Add-ons are very reasonable priced though. Unit based pricing does help .

LB

Lilli B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Enjoyed Using Yardi

Very positive with my first Property Management software.

Pros

Ease of use, logical step by step follow through, but my favorite, favorite was the blue/gray screen in Yardi's software that never strained my eyes.

Cons

I wasn't able to utilize the customer support feature but honestly I rarely even needed to approach Management for Yardi assistance.

MariAnne T.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Well known, not bad for affordable sites

Yardi is popular in the affordable rentals world. They are more flexible with custom reports than other companies, the end user experience is not bad.

Pros

Relatively user-friendly. I was able to create custom reports and our IT Dept was able to work with support to integrate my report with the data needed to eliminate manual monthly commissions reports.

Cons

The cost and the fact that unless you have a dedicated support person you are farmed around a bit before receiving actual help.

Solid but rigid

This is a complete product that handles ads aspects of property management well.

Pros

Features are strong and very solid, accounting functionality is very strong as well as are the customer information store features.

Cons

It’s rigid and difficult to get raw data out of the database. Customizations to access data in the format you may need can be very expensive and difficult to have created.

KP

Karla P.

User Friendly

Once you use it you start to get used to trying to find reports you need.

Pros

Once you learn how to use it it like any other management program.

Cons

It's hard to figure out how to pull reports, someone has to teach you.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

I've used Yardi for years for property management and accounting. It's the best product out there.

This software made my company's processes much more streamlined and effective. It created a team functionality allowing more people to work together than before.

Pros

I like that the software can be customized to your needs. There are several options for add ons that you can choose to use or not. There's also a ton of training from full conferences to webinars.

Cons

When usage is high, the system can run slowly. This generally happens around the first and last days of the month.

LS

Latoia S.

Great software

Pros

I love the reporting. It pulls everything so easily.

Cons

Not being able to send text messages from the software

SN

Samantha N.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Best Property Management Software Available. Period.

Yardi Voyager is the most professional and functional property management software available. Although a little pricey, your business will thank you for it by running so much smoother.

Pros

Yardi has the most functions out of any property management software on the market. You can easily see your day/week/month on the home screen and know how many appointments your office has. You can easily see what amenities each unit has individually, which helps when tracking market price increases and quickly being able to justify them to tenants/higher ups. You are able to run any type of report you can dream of; Yardi Voyager has you covered.

Cons

Yardi is not able to be used if the internet is down. This is inconvenient if you have an unreliable internet connection. Also, the Yardi server is often down and it is hard to get ahold of customer service. So, it feels like when your internet is working just fine, Yardi's server isn't. And vice versa. Additionally, it is a little difficult to train new users on Yardi Voyager; once they get it, they can really take off! But, in that beginner start up, there are often a lot of errors made and you can't delete duplicate guest cards and such.

TK

Trisha K.

Investment Management, 201-500 employees

Yardi power user

It has been a positive experience and great customer service. Someone is always available to us and can help us after hours.

Pros

The way we can do distributions so quicky using the Investment Management module.

Cons

processing times can be slow if too many people are in Yardi at the same time.

KH

Karen H.

Yardi for financial reporting

I am very happy with Yardi Voyager. I can find what I need relatively easily. The chart of accounts is easy to create and the custom reporting is helpful in disseminating information to particular users.

Pros

My favourite feature of Yardi is the ability to drill down to the original transaction to see how it was coded and the associated PO and invoice, if applicable. The amount of detail that can be found with relative ease is very helpful in creating financial reports.

Cons

The inventory management module is lacking and can be drastically improved. We have made it work for what we need, but I'd like to see some improvements in the module.

TB

Tonya B.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

You don't know what you don't know - until you know.

Our company has used Yardi Voyager for 5+ years. For a short time, we did venture out to try another product, but it wasn't even a year before we were back to Yardi. All the systems talk and coordinate with billing and it just makes sense to have all products together vs using many different programs for the same goal.

Pros

While the systems are complex, with a little training, you will soon see how straightforward they are. The training program (Aspire) is my current favorite, followed by Senior IQ which is a complete dashboard of clinical, sales, and/or financial key indicators.

Cons

The back-end data is often hard to access because there are so many tables, but Yardi is consistently making improvements to get that data available (such as their product Senior IQ).

CW

Collin W.

What year is it??

Frustrating and confusing.

Pros

Does it do what you need it to do? Yes. I suppose. At some point.

Cons

This software is the most out-of-date, convoluted, redundant, and time-consuming tool I have ever been tasked with using. Very little about this interface is streamlined and simple tasks that should take 1 click, takes 10. Those clicks = TIME. Glitches regularly without warning and I often lose what I'm working on, having to start over. The overall look of Yardi looks like it was packaged in with the first roll-out of Windows 97. There are FAR better property management software systems out there (looking at you, Entrata) and anyone who says things like "I didn't have a problem" are people who likely haven't used any other program seeing how far-reaching Yardi is in the industry.

JV

Jennifer V.

Yardi Voyager Real Estate Software

Pros

Yardi Voyager is very customizable and robust in it's core financial platform. This software combines operational software (property management) with accounting back end software for AR, AP, GL, and core Financial reporting in one tool. There are also tons of add-on modules for many industries allowing for a single stack system (Investment Management, Construction, Facilities Management​, Legal process tracking, insurance tracking...)

Cons

The learning curve for administering the system is more than​ some comparable systems, you will most likely need a consultant to support and train you. Custom reports will require a developer.

KH

Kelly H.

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Love it!

Pros

It was super easy to use and there's so many things you can customize to your needs. I have switched softwares due to being at a new job, but I miss Yardi and am trying to get my current company to switch!

Cons

It was hard for me to get a hold of Yardi support when I had a very difficult project to set up in the system. I think we only had one designated representative in the company who could reach out to them for assistance, not sure why. However, they have a ton of training videos and pdfs at your fingertips so that is super helpful. I also wanted to have a way to import a long journal entry into the system. We once again only had one person set up to do that in our company - not sure if that was a setting issue though.

GS

Glenn S.

Commercial Real Estate,

Exploring Options

Pros

YARDI has been my go-to property management software at more than twenty different communities. The ability of this software to be manipulated to provide the management data and style to apply to so many various asset types, and or management styles is pretty amazing. The years of improvements through providing leading edge management software has honed this offering to include the ability to manage every aspect of your asset management needs.

Cons

The bottom line costs associated with licensing and usage are a consideration. For smaller users, the costs to set up menus, tabs, and reports are greater because they cannot be absorbed in as many budgets to achieve the customization you may need, within the included hours of service. These are some reasons smaller users are choosing other management softwares. It would seem such a stable industry leader would have simplified and made more inclusive, all the basics needed for smaller users.

SS

Shasta S.

Capital Markets, 201-500 employees

Horrible

Bad

Pros

Nothing...................................

Cons

It is inaccurate. Says tenants are late in rent when there not. Can not edit anything. Its horrible

SL

Stella L.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great software for small to medium real estate companies.

Reporting is really strong, especially the financial reporting packages. It is extremely user-friendly and very easy to navigate from one module to another. If can have more reports available or the flexibility to customize report, that would be great.

Pros

Very strong for accounting, lease administration, property management. AR reports, rent roll and other tenant reports are easily readable and update from the quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Can't run NNN report, or P&L report per square feet. Can't have the YardiPay add-on for Genesis 2 version.

DU

David U.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Yardi is a solid choice for Property Management software, but lacks some key features

Pros

Yardi is easy to use, once you know how to use it. The accounting and reporting are robust. I like to ability to define unused fields and create custom attribute queries. The support team does a great job of helping with issues. The A/R and A/P processes run smoothly.

Cons

Training is minimal and the software is not intuitive. Our lease is complex, and it could no be loaded into Yardi so that we could have a seamless application to signed lease workflow. The maintenance module does not track field technicians time at a property, so there is no actionable reporting available for work orders.

DN

Dionna N.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Yardi Voyager

My overall experience with Yardi has been great.

Pros

I love that Yardi gives you all-in-one access for residential accounts. Your occupancy, reports and financial information can all be accessed from the same interface. I also love the feature that allows you to look up past payable entries.

Cons

For new users it may take a little time to become familiar with where to find everything but once you et the hang of it, it is awesome.

SW

Shana W.

Very useful tool

Overall, the basic yardi is not bad but outdated. If you can afford it, I suggest using the updated version. You get what you pay for. On the property management level, you are able to access financials quickly. Which really comes in handy when the property owners have questions.

Pros

There are many ways to get to get one function/menu. User friendly. Able to locate financials easy on the property level and for individual residents.

Cons

If you use the basic yardi, you are not able to use all the functions; even though the functions are listed. Areas to input data but unable to get the data in a spread sheet.

LA

Lily Ann M.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Highly Functional and User Friendly

There are so many benefits in the company wherein our accounting, management fees, invoices and reports are done in timely manner.

Pros

Yardi Voyager is highly sophisticated yet very user friendly that all of us in the office adapted quickly.

Cons

I cannot think of something that I wouldn't like about Yardi Voyager. I'm satisfied with all its function capabilities.

PF

Paige F.

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Yardi Voyager Review

Overall it's great! I can review payable & receivables fast and easy!

Pros

The different ways to view reports is nice. I love that I can look at numbers in great detail or summarize them for quick reviewing.

Cons

So many options and functions that I will not and cannot use. It would be nice if each user could manipulate their options to be relevant to their searching needs.