Chronogolf Reviews

4.8/5 (127 reviews)

Pros
  • the set up and usage is not difficult --the operation at the point of sale is sometimes slow
  • The ability to change the prices easilyon each player type and schedule and the simplicity of the tee sheet
  • We love working with the Chronogolf software at our facility. Making reservations is easy for our golfers and quick to use for our staff.
  • I am very happy with Chronogolf and my golf course is running smoothly as ever. Chronogolf is innovative and I am excited to see what is next for them!
Cons
  • Absolutely 0 cons to mention here. Chronogolf is the best!
  • Some things I would like to have added in Lightspeed Retail.
  • I wish Stripe can be available in Hungary but as of now, it is not.
  • For the last 4 years, the issues we've had were resolved quickly by the team.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Adam Chamberlain

We are very happy!

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Pros
Gowan brae is very happy with the quality of Chronogolf and the POS system. The cloud based system with online chat support offers great customer service for our staff along with the fact that the system is constantly being updated as they are adding new features. It’s great to deal with a company that follow through on promises to add new options in a timely manner.

Cons
Every time I have an issue, the Chronogolf team is quick to resolve them. They are also showing me ways of optimizing the system.

Anonymous

Chronogolf - Best in Industry

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Best customer service you'll get. Dedicated account manager with integration specialists.

Pros
Without a doubt Chronogolf is the best in industry. We consult with many golf courses across the United States and Canada to implement and increase loyalty with clients and their platform is without a doubt the strongest on the market. Recently purchased by Lightspeed, it is backed by one of the strongest, brightest and intelligent businesses in the industry.

Cons
It's been year since we've been with them and they have grown significantly. In the early days it took a long time for them to update and change certain things but they have been much much more attentive to feedback and suggestions in the last year (2019).

Pat Kelley

Looking at tee sheets from an MCO perspective, Chronogolf makes this easy.

Reviewed 2019-07-09

Pros
Any cloud-based tee sheet lets you look at your operation and tee sheet from anywhere in the world. Looking at tee sheets from an MCO perspective, Chronogolf makes this easy. I can review ten tee sheets in a matter of 15 minutes. The open API concept gave us access to tools that we wouldn’t have had otherwise, and the integration with Lightspeed has been huge for us. Our staff loves it. We’ve learned a lot since Chronogolf came in, and you guys have learned with us, and I think that’s the sign of a good partnership.

Cons
There some things I would like to see but with the new acquisition things will be even better.

Patrick Bergeron

The software is easy to use and very powerful!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Pros

Cons
Nothing specifically negative. Anytime we have a question or a problem, people working on the support chat at Chronogolf do their best to fix the issue as fast as possible.

Glenn Racz

Chronogolf is making my golf course run smoothly as ever.

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Pros

Cons
I had some questions about our Lightspeed POS system but Chronogolf's support team was quick to answer and they helped me with that small bump in the road.

Darren Dundas

Chronogolf support staff is very quick.

Reviewed 2019-02-25

Pros
We have been using Chronogolf for the past few seasons and we are very pleased with the ease of use for this tee sheet. When we have new staff the training process is very easy and staff is quickly able to use the system. The system allows for easy interaction and quick response with Chronogolf support staff via an online chat window in the case of an issue or any question we may have.

Cons
Some things I would like to have added in Lightspeed Retail.

Ryan Donagher

The team in Chronogolf have been fantastic from day one, always ready to help when you need them!

Reviewed 2018-03-26

Pros
Modern intuitive and user-friendly for both customers and staff. It gives great insights to help run the business more effectively across the golf course tee sheet, membership subscriptions, retail and restaurant aspects. The team are always open to suggestions as to what need to be tweaked to help make the system work better for our particular needs and will always help as soon as possible.

Cons
At the moment I cant say there are any downsides to the system, any issues we have come across are being dealt with and can see that there is a genuine want to provide what we need to get it to be 100% right for us.

Bryan Wunsch

With Chronogolf you have a company that isn't satisfied with "good enough".

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Very happy we made the switch to Chronogolf.

Pros
Chronogolf is consistently pushing out new updates that always improve the product. It is a web-based software allowing management of our tee-sheet and POS from anywhere with an internet connection. That freedom allows me to keep tabs on our operations where ever I may be. But possibly the best feature is their customer service. A built-in chat feature allows any of our shop staff to reach out for help directly to Chronogolf's tech support team and receive an answer within minutes.

Cons
Absolutely 0 cons to mention here. Chronogolf is the best!

Damian MacPherson

I would certainly recommend Chronogolf to any golf facilities looking for an online system.

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
We have been using Chronogolf this year and we are very satisfied, it is very functional and user-friendly. It has helped us to reduce a lot of administration work, it makes it easy for members and guests to reserve tee times. The statistics we get from Chronogolf on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis helps us with our short, mid and long term strategies.

Cons
I wish Stripe can be available in Hungary but as of now, it is not.

Juan hernandez

Very easy to use and self explinoratoy

Reviewed 2017-06-15

Pros

Cons
Reports. Is has some good reports, but is not that easy to look for something as fast as it is to use the software. Besides exporting to excel is not available

Response from Chronogolf

Hey Juan! Your feedback is much appreciated, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Most of our reporting can actually be exported to a CSV file. If you need a hand with any reports in particular, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on the chat!

Travis Young

If you’re not using Chronogolf, then your losing strokes to the field.

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Pros
Chronogolf makes me better at running golf operations. I can sign in from anywhere in the world and check on the tee sheet. Chronogolf has the ability and more importantly, the vision to create new features and continue to better serve our facility. If you’re not using Chronogolf, then your losing strokes to the field.

Cons
I would like to see more reporting in the lottery format but other than that everything is working great.

László Harnos

I can only recommend Chronogolf to operators of golf courses.

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Pros
After the first full season with Chronogolf we can express our highest satisfaction. The initial configuration and setup was professional and tailored to our needs so the change to Chronogolf was smooth and easy. The support was great; none of our questions stayed unanswered. With the help of Chronogolf, the workflow is getting smoother, the reception staff has more time to take care of our members, thanks to the less reservation calls, and we know more our members and customers too.

Cons
I would love to see Stripe available in Hungary, but for now it is not available.

Eric Ducharme

Chronogolf offers a great software for a competitive price

Reviewed 2018-11-12

Pros
Chronogolf is an important partner for our company. We appreciate the software for the quality of the product, the service we receive and the simplicity of taking reservations.

Cons
We are unable to benefit from all the features because we do not have the POS integration.

Solomon Wang

Our custom app is really appreciated by the members!

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Pros
The different integrations that Chronogolf offers, like Lightspeed, Stripe, MailChimp and QuickBooks have helped improve productivity at our club. The interface for the managers and for the players is easy to use, the design is user-friendly and the functionalities are logical. The cloud based software is also a must. The custom app allows us to easily send information to our members using the Push Notifications feature.

Cons
I wish there were new exclusive features available for the custom app more often. Other than that, everything works fine for me.

Stephen McCurdy

I am overall happy with Chronogolf as it exceeds our expectations.

Reviewed 2018-11-12

I would definitely recommend to others looking for a great solution for their golf course!

Pros
We converted from Fore! Reservations (Golf Now Reservations) which we used for a long time, around 15 years, and Chronogolf has exceed and continues to exceed our expectations and our customers!

Cons
There are some things like no tournament URL link, Lightspeed Retail & Restaurant but nothing I would say that has affected me tremendously.

Aaron Gleason

We’ve recommended Chronogolf to a number of different operators.

Reviewed 2019-02-21

Pros
Being cloud-based is a big advantage. Not having to invest in hardware, not having to worry about whether my server is up to date; it’s been very beneficial. We’ve recommended Chronogolf to a number of different operators. I feel very good about making that recommendation, you guys have done a great job of following through with everything that I told people you were going to do.

Cons
This field seems mandatory but all I can is Chronogolf has always been prompt to our requests and has always been there for us whenever we have a question.

Denis Montambault

Chronogolf is the best software!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-30

Pros
I have been using Chronogolf for a few years and I can honestly say it's the best software available. It's simple to use and the design is clear. One of the best features for our golf course is the Tournament option. No other software can compete with how easy Chronogolf manages tournaments. Employees at the proshop have no trouble following the process step by step and if they need assistance, the support chat is extremely useful and the agents are very knowledgeable.

Cons
A downside would be that the internet at the proshop is slow at times, which makes the use of the software more difficult on a busy day.

Tom Tippin

If every supplier was like Chronogolf, the world would be a better place. Simply FANTASTIC people>

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Pros
Easy to use and train employees with. Very versatile. I would rate every category five stars, except they keep adding features that make the software even better!

Cons
I really cannot think of any cons about this package. Maybe I would like to see another payment processor besides STRIPE available - it would be nice to use the same payment company that we are using with related POS and Restaurant software.

Jean Hall

The software is very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Pros
We’ve enjoyed using the software, it’s user friendly. Everybody is helpful and everyone on the Help Chat is quick to respond to our issues. Our previous software had some similarities but this is a more thought out plan. It covers everything we need for our daily operations.

Cons
There were some things but when I contact the Help Chat, the Chronogolf team is quick to resolve those issues.

Derek Ferguson

The integration with the point of sale makes it easy to take reservations and process payments.

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Pros
One of the benefits of Chronogolf is that it is cloud based. It makes it easier for us to work and communicate with other employees and players from anywhere.

Cons
For the last 4 years, the issues we've had were resolved quickly by the team.

Chris Boysel

Enjoy many of the features and functionality.

Reviewed 2018-02-12

Pros
I have used several different pos systems over the years and do like many of the features that Chronogolf offers. The ability to move tee times by dragging is a nice touch. Also enjoy the tournament event feature and look forward to them refining it to make it even better in the future.

Cons
Single person booking. Currently a golfer that books solo is unaware that they are being paired up with others to fill a tee time. We have a few customer issues due to this, I spoke to support at Chronogolf and they are looking at how to change it going forward.

Kimberly Ausman

We are looking forward to growing with Chronogolf for years to come.

Reviewed 2018-11-15

Pros
Chronogolf has changed our daily golf shop procedures significantly for positive productivity. Their online support is there to help you through any questions in a timely matter. They have a continued effort to improving their technology through customer feedback and making sure we utilize all features of Chronogolf that are beneficial to our business. We are looking forward to growing with Chronogolf for years to come.

Cons
There are some single player options I would like available but other than that, everything is great.

Jan Best

Chronogolf has been great to us.

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
The software is user friendly and I love the online booking module. Lightspeed is also really nice to work with especially their Inventory module. Chronogolf’s support answers questions within 2 minutes which is pretty rare. It has been so helpful!

Cons
I cannot thing of anything off the top of my head right now but like I said, the support team has been very prompt to my answers.

Anonymous

Golf Industry wasteland

Reviewed 2019-01-28

it was fine except that the reporting is not transparent --this is a crazy aspect of all the golf tee time suppliers. it makes no sense to me why it is not done if they are reporting earnings to government they have to know the fees collected.

Pros

Cons
promises that were not kept -- regarding additional components etc --pos table billing is difficult.

Morgan Kimmins

Chronogolf has been outstanding from the start!

Reviewed 2019-04-04

Pros
The Chronogolf team is incredible, and the system is fantastic. We knew when we took over, we wanted a state of the art system, with excellent communication and marketing features. We also love how easy it is for the staff, training takes less time than ever and all our employees are impressed with how simple the system is to learn! Chronogolf has exceeded our expectations. We are very excited to grow with them!

Cons
There was a problem with moving tee times but the Chronogolf team was quick to fix it.