FitSW Logo

Client fitness tracking for personal trainers

FitSW Reviews

Suggested alternatives

mindbody
vagaro
exercise-com

The tracking feature is great, I love being able to easily show my clients their progress.
FitSW as been very attentive to my request for help as well as always wanting and using my input. They have also been great in showing me ways to use the software more effectively.
Overall, I have been very pleased. My clients love it and have commented it is easy to use and works great for them.
Only happens sometimes with some exercises. But it is annoying to have to go back and find a video and relink it.
Also sometimes when removing a superset it will keep one of the exercises existed as a superset which is then stuck there and cannot been removed causing me too having too make a whole new programme.

CH

Channéll H.

Small Business Owner

Custom App & Gym Owner Review

Transcript

Channell H.: Hi, I'm Channell, small business owner. I give FitSW a five out of five rating. For more...

excellent program, it facilitates me the work with my clients, I recommend it totally mind..........

exelent !

Pros

What I like most about this program is the way to get free from work I can keep my clients in good shape without having to be by their side I recommend it

Cons

Until now, I have not had any kind of problems, I hope I do not have them, it's worth buying this program

WC

Whitney C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Overall a great software. Minor annoyances.

It's keeping me organized and on track. I'm not utilizing everything it offers (nutrition, metrics, etc). The more the software can do, the better. I love having all client info in one place. I know I'm writing a lot! I really do like FITSW, but I'm hoping for a smoother, newer look in the near future! :)

Pros

I love the exercise video options. They are a little outdated, but it's a nice feature for online/home programs for clients.

Cons

The interface - It's a little outdated. - the colors, the format. It's difficult to schedule using my phone. I wish it was more mobile friendly. I have online clients as well that said it's difficult to use. Examples: 1. Not all the exercises have corresponding videos (but I'm going to work on this and create my own :) ) 2. Some of the videos cause you to exit the app and open to youtube...it's difficult...

EB

Erin B.

Basic

Pros

I chose this software strictly based on cost as a new independent trainer. Inexpensive compared to similar platforms

Cons

Extremely basic. Cannot keep track of financials like other software programs and you can only track client payments if you subscribe to Strype.

Thank you for the feedback. You absolutely can track financials on your financials tab. If you would like us to add more features there, please let us know what you would like to see. There is no subscription you need to pay for with Stripe either - you can just link your account and then you will be able to have your clients purchase or pay for subscriptions, training packages, and sessions.

KG

Kim G.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Review of FitSW

Pros

I like how easy it is to chose the exercises for my clients workout. The tracking progress for each client is easy to follow.

Cons

I feel that the videos that demonstrate the workout are of low quality and form is not always correct. Would love a way to add our own demonstrations for our clients.

JD

Joe D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I needed a simple system to help me organise and track my client's programmes, FitSW is exactly that

I could get rid of all of the paper printed client programmes I was initially using which looked messy and unprofessional. I can provide meal plans and exercise programmes for overseas clients and clients that are away on holiday with ease. It has saved time and helped improve the efficiency and professionalism of my business.

Pros

I like the fact that clients have access to their programme / diet via their phone, so when I go on holiday I can easily leave them to still follow their programme without me. The macro breakdown on the diet section is really useful and is great for educating my clients on what kinds of foods they should eat and at what times of day etc.

Cons

When you try to enter multiple sets and rep ranges for a particular exercise on the software and click 'update' or 'save' workout, it does not save with the commas and different numbers. However, when you input different weights/rep ranges on the app and click 'update' or 'save', it does save it with the different rep ranges etc. This means that on much iPad, I usually do all of my work on FitSW by logging into the software through a browser, but when a client does a pyramid set - for example - I have to log into their programme via the app to actually input the data for that set. It's just a bug in the system that gets frustrating as it can be unnecessarily time consuming.

AL

Adelade L.

Pretty Good!

Pros

Once I had the web demo it was pretty easy to use. I like how you can pretty much keep all of the client info in one place and the exercise selection is great. The also like that clients can upload their before and after photos directly into the app because it gives them a sense of security over emailing or texting.

Cons

I do not like how when you create a live PT class, all other clients can see them. I wish there was a way for you to directly send your pt clients their live session OR for them to request the live session when they request their appointments. Food tracking is not great and music stops when the timer starts so integrating music would bring this app up to 5 stars.

Thank you for the feedback! We are adding a way for you to directly send your pt client a live session by the end of the month.

Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

Pros

It was easy to use and post workouts, edit workouts and make notes during the workout

Cons

The edit feature was a little confusing. During the workout I wanted to make a note to my instructor that i used a different weight and it was cumbersome to get to the note section and I actually just did it in the time memo part

Thank you for the feedback! We have recently added a new feature that allows you to enter in results that occurred during the workout without having to edit the workout. Just click the "Results" button and you can enter the weights you used, reps you did or whatever you would like. Your trainer can then view this. More details can be found here: https://www.fitsw.com/blog/personal-trainer-client-workout-results-tracking/

Briana B.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Amazing

I love it, it altogether is amazing and i would recommend it to anyone!

Pros

I really loved how easy it was to view your workouts and the progress you have made throughout your goal and the ease it is to stay in contact with your personal trainer.

Cons

The only con I would have about the software is that the workouts do not disappear if you fail to do one. I missed a couple days of my workout and it’s still there so when I go to find my other workouts i have to scroll through the ones i missed

Thank you for your feedback! We have just added a "Not Met" option now so you can move these missed workouts to the Not Met category and they will no longer show. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

App was great for me! I'm intermediate at fitness so it was helpful to have a guide.

My trainer was able to send me workouts that i could do on my own, helping me to manage my time more effectively and squeeze in workouts at home.

Pros

The videos showing each exercise were very helpful when I was unsure of what was entailed. I lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks using this app for workouts my trainer created for me.

Cons

Videos don't always load and override my workout music. Not all exercises that my trainer assigned me had videos.

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently added more video demos so that all exercises have one. Your trainer can also add their own custom videos to exercises or create an entirely new exercise with video. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Jamaal D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Favorite wellness and training app

Simplifies keeping up with my clients!

Pros

I love that I am able to keep up with my clients progress and training outside of the sessions I do with them.

Cons

I love how detailed the app is and how much information I can provide but I personally feel the structure can be simplified.

JM

Jennifer M.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Great softwear with constantly added features and improvements

FitSW is a great tool for helping me stay motivated with fun tools and amazing workout/nutrition plans.

Pros

This platform is easy to use on iOS and web! I have only used it a little on an android device, but all the features, functionality and data are actually easy to navigate on all the platforms. I use this to help me personally keep on track with my day to day goals. Being able to check off a workout and getting a "high five" helps me stay motivated and lookin forward to the next workout.

Cons

Having more recipes available will help me not get bored with the healthy day to day meal plans. I would also like to see more HIIT templated added. The ones that are there are great and challenge me, but I want more! Please!

Thank you so much for the feedback.

LH

Luke H.

Great system

It does what it needs to do had a couple of glitches but customer service always gets straight onto it. Charges for people paying money could do with looking into bit steep.

Pros

Simple with some great features, clients find it easy to use. Great way to store data and progression of clients. Great for doing par-q data in current climate of social distancing.

Cons

Needs more exercises couple of glitches need fixing but as an up and coming app works good not as good as others but certainly getting as powerful and the cost is ok. If a customer pays you on the app you lose a percentage I've stopped using this feature and clients pay me direct through bank so charges need to be looked into.

Thank you so much for your feedback Luke! With our payments feature there is a credit card processing fee just like any other vendor that accepts credit cards. So that is the 3% percentage taken out you are referencing. Also, we released an updated Android app just today that has significant improvements and works really well.

KP

Karla P.

Great tool!

Helpful, great prices, easy to use for me as administrator and for my clients.

Pros

This software has been so helpful. My clients find it easy to use, and I love how professional makes me look. Also, it’s really easy to use.

Cons

I don’t like the videos from the own FitSW team. The exercise technique showed in many of those videos is not good.

WD

William D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great value for your what you pay.

Ability to put together a fitness plan for a client in a matter of mins. Then have the ability to sent comments back-and-forth.

Pros

Very dynamic in that you can quickly put together a fitness plan for anyone in a matter of minutes. Very easy to modify, add , and change as well.

Cons

Reminders are greatly lacking. I should not need to add a workout to my Calendar in order to have reminders sent to the client. The most important event that has to take place is consistent and constant touch points with the customer, and without reminders, this puts the emphasis on the Trainer. This is hard to do as your client base grows.

RH

Rodrigp H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

FitSW - best personal trainer software

Fitsw keep growing and I have noticed it, before I wouldn't even touch the calender, now its all I do, their updates are awesome.

Pros

I love the calender as I can schedule my whole week ahead of time, also I am starting to get more online clients so the potential is unlimited so far.

Cons

It was starting to crash bit that issue was fixed fast by their team.

Thank you for the feedback! Glad we were able to fix the issue for you right away. If you ever experience any other issues, let us know and we will fix right away.

LP

Lisa P.

It's an excellent tool for tracking clients' measurements in visual format.

Pros

It's inexpensive, there's no commitment, and the client logs don't disappear over time. I also like that you can view results in table format.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make the table format more printer friendly. I'd also like to be able to brand my own page and would be willing to pay more to do this (like Trainerize, etc.).

DM

Dj M.

Easy to Use

Good for beginners that need to see a workout.

Pros

Easy to use and can get started QUICKLY even with no tech experience.

Cons

The videos and form/tempo are pretty terrible. You cannot input your own videos (yet) and we would keep and use this software at a higher tier if we could insert our own 10-30 second clips. Adding to the library is hard because you can't do a quick-add, and can only insert a photo which doesn't appear to the client half the time. We really need to insert client videos of our own to the library. And the names of the workouts are very hard to find/navigate.

Thank you for the feedback! You absolutely can include links to your very own videos. You can do this on web, iOS and Android. Let us know if you need a walkthrough and we would be happy to demonstrate You can also add exercises on the Fly while you are building workouts by clicking "Add Exercise".

EV

Erik V.

Sports, self-employed

Nice, easy to use software

Overall my experience is good with FitSW

Pros

I like the assessments the most. I like the curves the client and I can see when they make progress

Cons

I would like a section where I writer the workout I did with the client. Now I use the schedule, and I can use the workout section, but I find that a little complicated. I would like a small section in the schedule tot put the workout in. Like sets and reps etc

CW

Cole W.

Decent app, great price

Pros

Easy to use, very good price, great app To use starting a fitness business

Cons

The app itself does have lots of bugs. It has caused many of my clients to not the use the app entirely.

Thank you for the feedback! We have released new versions of our iOS app, Web App and Android app this week that address all bugs that we have identified. Please download these new versions and if you experience any issues let us know and we will solve ASAP.

CC

Carlos C.

Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees

It's just ok. Some of the platform needs to be debugged.

It's accessible from anywhere and the easy part of losing workouts. But the inputs of the weights and reps is pretty archaic.

Pros

All of the workouts for several months and pics and be entered. I like that you have the videos and ability to take to he trainer.

Cons

How the workouts load up. Needs to load easier. And the app is not very good at all. Lots of work needed

As you likely have seen, we completely redid our mobile apps and they run much smoother now. Let us know if you have any other issues. Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

MM

Matthew M.

Train With Purpose

Overall it has been a great app. I did experience a lag in load time a couple of times.

Pros

The tracking of measurements and the ability to create workouts

Cons

Limited ability to store progress pictures or a side by side feature

Thank you for the feedback! We have just doubled the amount of progress pictures that users can store on the platform. Please let us know if you need anything else.

BZ

Branko Z.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great app for personal trainers!

Online training and additional workouts for PT clients.

Pros

Easy to use and post workouts. Clients find it quite easy to navigate. Nice layout.

Cons

Everything is good. More professional video tutorials would be great.

Thank you for your feedback!

LC

Liza C.

Great app for personal Trainers

Been amazing. I used to write fitness program from my desk top on excel and email to my clients. But now I can just update the workout I like my clients to perform. This increases adherence and compliance. Keeps my clients motivated when I drop them a message from the app after they completed the workout. They know that I am always keeping tab of their.

Pros

I could easily select exercises from the library for my pt session on the go!

Cons

Client can’t book sessions from mobile app.

Thank you for your feedback!

BS

Barry S.

Easy to Use

Pros

Very easy to use for myself and clients. Really like the adding video option.

Cons

There is a glitch that happens randomly where it will substitute a exercise with another when building a program

SA

Shakeel A.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Robust, profession and best personal trainer app I have used.

Everything about fitness, personal trainers. In a nutshell it got everything for a person who want to stay fit and in shape.

Pros

This has been soo helpful in helping me to stay organized and on track. I really like the workout detail view in helping me complete my workouts.

Cons

i wish they advertised more so I would have found this sooner. If they had reached me sooner I would have been more fit.