FitSW Reviews

4.46/5 (121 reviews)

Pros
  • It was easy to use and post workouts, edit workouts and make notes during the workout
  • Client/trainer interaction is good. I assign workouts then get a confirmation when they are completed.
  • Videos of exercises, easy to add in my own exercises, easy to add in clients, nice to have the PAR-Q there.
  • I love that I am able to keep up with my clients progress and training outside of the sessions I do with them.
Cons
  • The only minor dislike I have is that you can't see the entire notes field when viewing a workout.
  • I wish I could sort the completed work outs by date or title for easier review.
  • Videos don't always load and override my workout music. Not all exercises that my trainer assigned me had videos.
  • i wish they advertised more so I would have found this sooner. If they had reached me sooner I would have been more fit.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shakeel Ahmed

Robust, profession and best personal trainer app I have used.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Everything about fitness, personal trainers. In a nutshell it got everything for a person who want to stay fit and in shape.

Pros
This has been soo helpful in helping me to stay organized and on track. I really like the workout detail view in helping me complete my workouts.

Nicole Langel

As a personal trainer I use this app with my clients and for myself.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
It is very easy for me to communicate with my clients. They like the timer feature as well as being able to see what they are supposed to be doing if they forget the exercise. I enjoy being able to pick and choose which progress graphs I would like the clients to use. It's a good way for them to see how they are doing and what they still need to work on.

Cons
To get to the workout for the day, my clients need to scroll to the bottom of the workout section. It would be nice if the workouts for that day were shown first.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently updated the sorting of workouts so that you can choose how they are displayed and the ordering. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

wendy colwell

Good value, mostly quick navigation, found a glitch and work around in edit function

Reviewed 2017-12-29

Pros
The exercise data base is pretty well stocked, and it is easy to add them. Clients can easily access their plans from their phones, it links to nutrition tracking. Also like the ability to upload docs, and the assessment portion.

Cons
Some of the saved videos don't display great form and function, others have ads. The scheduling series portion is a little cumbersome. on the copy function it would be better if the 1st client name didn't default (forget to change it.) if you make a mistake creating an exercise you can't edit or delete it. would be great to have the option of being able to record your own video or insert the link. Could add circuit as an option like the superset button

Sojourner Oya

adequate for the need

Reviewed 2018-06-14

I never missed an appointment or important communication with my trainer

Pros
I received notifications with meetings changes quickly. Emails and notifications always included the link to quickly navigate to the site.

Cons
The graphics on the scheduler were difficult to read. Often, I was confused about when my trainer was available and when she wasn't

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Dante Dirskell

Good so far. Only a few minor bugs but they're not that bad.

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Pros

Cons
I wish I could sort the completed work outs by date or title for easier review.

Response from FitSW

We have recently added sorting by data or title. Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Blair Henderson

Best Software Available

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
I love the fact that the workouts are fully customizable. The clients also get a professional experience with their log in and password and easy to use formatting.

Cons
I do wish I could save workouts without having to redo them or copy and paste to another client. I wish I would have a file with all my workouts I've added in the software and just select workouts I would like to repeat and send to multiple clients at a time.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the great feedback Blair! We have added a Favorite workouts section that make it easy for you to copy to clients without having to redo the workout or go searching for it. This should solve the issue you mention. Let us know if there is anything we can add to this feature that would make it even better.

Aniko Nicolaidou

It's a great and affordable software that does what it says.

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Clients can see their progress therefore it makes tracking my clients progress easier.

Pros
The graphs and the how easy it is to use. Also the pricing is amazing compare to other similar softwares. I also like the fact that it has an app. Would be great if I could somehow embed it into my website so clients could see their progress through it.

Cons
Unfortunately the app keeps crashing on my iPhone 7 when I try to view the graphs. This has been a problem for a while and been in fact in touch about the issue but nothing has change.

emma zheng

easy to use. constantly being updated so obviously the software is being worked on all the time.

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Pros
ability to see past workouts. ability to add new exercises when i plan my workouts. adding mulitple clients. value for money for a budget fitness online app

Cons
blank space to create my own cardio circuit. Or something to type up circuit in the cardio section. Option to superset exercises. not very mobile friendly

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Pros

Cons
The edit feature was a little confusing. During the workout I wanted to make a note to my instructor that i used a different weight and it was cumbersome to get to the note section and I actually just did it in the time memo part

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We have recently added a new feature that allows you to enter in results that occurred during the workout without having to edit the workout. Just click the "Results" button and you can enter the weights you used, reps you did or whatever you would like. Your trainer can then view this. More details can be found here: https://www.fitsw.com/blog/personal-trainer-client-workout-results-tracking/

Ashley Brudek

So easy and user friendly. I love the coustomability!

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
I love that you can add new exercises and food right in the plan now instead of having to go to the over all list.

Cons
The diets should give you the option of setting up meals instead of time and should break off the meals with some sort of separation, because it's very confusing for clients as it is right now.

Darnell Jones

The FitSW setup makes my job as an online personal trainer a lot easier

Reviewed 2017-08-31

The software helps me connect with my clients better. I am able to keep better tabs on them. It helps keep them on track. They like seeing all the info I send them in one single place.

Pros
The software allows me to connect better with my clients. I like that I can build workouts and diets easily. Then share with my clients. They can login and all the plan I created for them are right there organized. Makes it easy for them to see and stay on track.

Cons
I want them to add the ability to connect to apple watch. they said that wont be ready until this winter but it would be really helpful to have as soon as they can. I like the FitSW iPhone app but some of my clients also have watch too.

Anonymous

I utilize this for my small business as a personal trainer and it works overall well.

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Pros

Cons
I would like to, when I pick an exercise I've done for a client before, to have it pull up the previous weight, reps, etc. It makes it tedious to have to go look up the info each time.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

App was great for me! I'm intermediate at fitness so it was helpful to have a guide.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

My trainer was able to send me workouts that i could do on my own, helping me to manage my time more effectively and squeeze in workouts at home.

Pros
The videos showing each exercise were very helpful when I was unsure of what was entailed. I lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks using this app for workouts my trainer created for me.

Cons

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently added more video demos so that all exercises have one. Your trainer can also add their own custom videos to exercises or create an entirely new exercise with video. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Teri Hetherington

So easy to use and track your activities. Also to keep in touch with my coach through messages.

Reviewed 2017-09-11

Pros
What I like most about this system is that it holds me accountable to my activities, and my coach. I do the assigned workouts. I can keep in touch with my coach about my progress and or difficulties and we can adjust the workouts accordingly. So much easier than what we were using before FitSW. I also like the idea of having demos provide directly on the FitSW site ti click on and help me do the workouts correctly.

Cons
There is really nothing that I do not like about this system. As long as both parties use the system the way it was designed to be used it works both workout wise and communication wise.

Jamaal Dickerson

Favorite wellness and training app

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Simplifies keeping up with my clients!

Pros

Cons
I love how detailed the app is and how much information I can provide but I personally feel the structure can be simplified.

Amanda Torres

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Pros
The app is pretty straight forward, the features are easy to find and easy to use. The demo videos help tremendously.

Cons
The look and aesthetic of the app looks outdated. The fact that the measurements auto delete when you are still in the process of inputting them can be frustrating. I had to start writing them on paper first and then input the all at once to avoid them disappearing in the middle of me updating them.

Response from FitSW

Thanks for the feedback. We just added a fix to the measurements disappearing issue with your account. Let us know if you have any other issues: admin@fitsw.com or call directly and we will solve ASAP.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

So far so good!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-20

Pros
I am a big fan of the fact that each exercise is paired with an instructional video. Also simple to alter an exercise routine.

Cons
With it having so much integration and options, it can be less than user friendly. I would't call it a strong con, just takes a little time to learn how to alter the workouts.

Melanie Pereira

As an online personal trainer, FitSW is the platform I use to share workouts with my clients.

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
FitSW is very user friendly and a great tool for posting workouts. Videos for each exercise are already included. I also really like the progress graphs so that my clients and I can see their success. The customer service is top notch!

Cons
At times, I am occasionally limited with exercise options because the layout is not conducive to different training techniques or principles. I also don't like that I cannot view the workout videos until I publish the workout. However, I contacted FitSW with these suggestions and they said they will try to add these features.

Spencer Sinnott

Good easy to use app, couple things couple improve, but hey what's perfect.

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
Easily keep track of workouts, upcoming dates and plans, quick navigation, shares w your trainer, can make notes, good library of excercises to select from.

Cons
Have to double click and swipe to quit from time to time and reset app to get moving again. Would also like my notes and changes to pass onto the next same workout, I.e. I make a note about an excercise on leg day, id like it if that note passed onto the next leg day so I can utilize it instead of having to back to the previous workouts to see if I left a note or not.

Pilar Roberts

The app isn't as user friendly has it good be.

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
As a trainer I love the system. Being able to create plans is easy and convenient. I love that I can add my own exercises and add link for people to see a photo or YouTube video to watch. Getting notification when a workout is complete allows me to be better involved and encouraging to my clients.

Cons
A client should have the ability to add rep/weight etc without having to edit the workout. The client shouldn't be able to edit the workout at all. They should be able to add specific details to workout already created.

Shanea Miles

Use for personal training and online consulting

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Frees up time in fitness programming each client. A great way to communicate consistently and effectively with each client.

Pros
Adding own workouts to exercise database. Exercise demo option. Being able to copy and repeat workout plans between client(s). Messaging clients directly through site.

Cons
Limit on # of workouts created. Limit on # of progress pictures. Having to pay for certain functions. Can only mark workouts as complete or delete them. Would like a "not complete" button to monitor consistency. Nutrition logging a little tedious.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jenise Shupe

Easy and convenient

Reviewed 2018-09-25

The experience has been great!

Pros
I love using this app to plan and track workouts. When I first started, my trainer loaded workouts that she had designed for me. All I had to do was open the app at the gym and follow the program. Now, I can copy and modify those workouts as I progress.

Cons

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We have now made the notes section expandable. Let us know if you have any other feedback or questions.

Vanessa Hernandez

I started using this about two weeks ago and I love it! It has improved my training experience.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Always ready, my trainer changes it every week, it makes my training interesting

Pros
Its simple to carry and its interesting because it changes every week, I wish my trainer would add more notes on how much weight to use for each exercise and details like that.

Cons
If the internet is slow, then it slows down my training, especially when I need to see the demo, which it is almost all the time, because I am a newbie in weight training. The fact that it goes to a page on you tube makes it even slower!

Kekoa Godfrey

Its a good, simple trainer software!

Reviewed 2017-09-11

Pros
Simplicity at its finest! Good list of workouts! Enjoy how easy it is to use! Can complete tasks quickly and effectively!

Megan Jones

Overall very pleased with the app. Only issues is occasional glitches that requires reloading.

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Ability to keep up with an online training business. Where I can send, track and communicate with clients.

Pros
Very easy to use and clear to read for clients! I love that you can add any exercise with a demonstration link. And the progress tracker is a big benefit for clients.

Cons
The occasional glitch that makes the text stacked and unable to read. It does t happen all the time but can be annoying when clients have to ask me what it says. Also being unable to view messages on the app is a minor negative.