FitSW Reviews

4.46/5 (121 reviews)

Pros
  • I liked how it was easy to communicate with your trainer.
  • Love that there are videos for all the excercises and easy to add on.
  • Easily allows my trainer and I to sync up on workout progress or concerns.
  • I love that i can connect with my trainer virtually from anywhere in the world.
Cons
  • It was very jumbled and structured poorly.
  • Somewhat difficult to “push forward” workouts when you increase difficulty
  • I wish their was a nutritional guide tied to my workout plan for the month.
  • It seemed clunky at times and I didn't know if it was the software itself or just my personal computer.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Amanda Badger

I love this app! My personal trainer uses it for all her clients, and we love it! So easy to use!

Reviewed 2018-06-28

It's really helping me keep up my workout schedule! I used to have a very hard time maintaining a routine; FitSW has made it a lot easier!

Pros
What I enjoy most about FitSW is the ease of use. Everything on the app makes perfect sense. It's very easy to get to your various workouts, it keeps completed workouts on file so you can still reference them. The timer function is great, as is the option to include demo videos for workouts. I also enjoy the progress input graphs!

Cons
I can't figure out how to duplicate workouts on my own. If for example my trainer misses a day, or forgets to input a workout, I don't know how to duplicate an already existing workout!

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! Your trainer can give you access to duplicate a workout. They just need to give you "Edit Workout" permission on their settings page. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Anonymous

Excellent efficient app for workouts

Reviewed 2017-10-30

My trainer is able to continue to send me detailed workouts, despite the fact that I now live 1000 miles away.

Pros
I love the ease in which I can access and see all of my workouts for use at the gym. The demo feature offers valuable insight, in case I am doing a new exercise and want to make sure I'm using the proper form.

Cons
I wish there was an option to notate at each exercise, so that I can better communicate with my trainer what worked and what didn't, what weights I ended up using, and why.

Mike Strauss

Decent but could be better

Reviewed 2018-09-21

Decent but could be made easier to use with the dashboard layout. Great platform but just needs to made more user friendly

Pros
Love that there are videos for all the excercises and easy to add on.

Cons
Would be great to add progress bars for each excercises. So it shows the clients how far along they have come. Also same for weight and measurements.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We added a dashboard and will be adding the progress bars you mention by the end of this month. Let us know if you have any other feedback at admin@fitsw.com

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

JESSICA RETT

I'm usually terrible at exercising

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-18

Pros
I cannot usually remember poses, I have terrible spatial memory. I'm so happy to have an app that allows me to quickly see a quick demonstration of a move to jog my memory.

Cons
I do most workouts more than once. But if I do a workout once, it moves over into the "Complete" section. It'd be great if I could have it pop back into the "Open" section every Tuesday/Thursday at 7am, or whenever I want, as an ongoing exercise.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! You can move completed workouts back over to open by just swiping left. We have also now added a "Not Met" option in addition to "Completed" and "Open". Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Lars Toensing

Great customer service

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Pros
Easy to use, and gives me live up to date emails when clients finish their workouts. They are able to message me about a workout through the program freeing my phone up from messages.

Cons
The diet part of the program could use major work but its nice for something basic. More exercises should be programed in there.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have redone the diet database and have added all new foods. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Kenn Pike

My experience has been positive with fitsw. This was the best product I could find to help me.

Reviewed 2017-10-29

Pros
For the most part it was very easy to use on the computer. I was able to quickly write programs for clients and keep a list of favorite exercises and workouts to reuse in the future. I really liked that I could create demo workouts for my clients to watch to perform exercises correctly.

Cons
As of now I could not find any Android app for it and I recently stopped using my computer because I've been too much on the run. I'd really like to use this on my phone but the user interface currently makes it difficult for me. I also don't like the idea of charging for a number of workouts. I think you should be able to pay per client and get unlimited workouts for the clients you pay for. I have a lot of clients that I plan far into the future with and I find they use up a lot of the workouts I pay for.

vinh tran

Easy to look at from both trainer and client perspective.

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Ease of use with clients.

Pros
It's a good value for your dollar for the most part. - minimal ui - easy to add custom exercises

Cons
- Android app is very buggy in general - Passwords often time need to be reset for no reason. - supersets get deleted when I go to the edit workout page

Response from FitSW

As you likely have seen, we completely redid our android app and it runs much smoother now. Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Chad Johnson

Intuitive

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-19

Pleasurable. It took virtually no effort to get my clients up to speed on their end of the app and see them off ans running.

Pros
Simply put, the app is very intuitive. Building a workout is fast and easy. I haven't gone to the pay plan yet but am excited about using the online forms to simplify documentation for my clients.

Cons
The only negative was one of my questions took a bit of time to get the answer. Had I looked closer I would have seen the answer was at the bottom of the page in question. I'd suggest a better tutorial for people like me that overlook these things.

Response from FitSW

Than you for your feedback!

Erica Freneey

Great!

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
I actually love everything about it. When they made changes it made the software even more appealing, useful, and easier to use.

Cons
The only con I have is not about the software. I wish it was in an application for my clients. So they do not have to save it to their desktop

Anonymous

This tool is great so far as it is an additional tool to use to track my progression/accountability.

Reviewed 2017-10-26

My trainer and I can both access it and track progression /make changes together.

Pros
It is easy to access, I can actually go into each category and personalize it. I also like that there is demo link provided for some exercises if I don't know how to do it.

Cons
I don't personally use the app to tracknowledge my food intake but I found that the options were vague. Instead maybe the food options can be listed in grams or ounces?

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Shuo Wang

Good fitness software that is easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Log and retrieve workout plan in the gym.

Pros
This software provides quick access to my workout plans designed by my trainer on a weekly basis. It has a clear layout and is easy to use .

Cons
I hope it would allow the client to edit the workout details entered by the trainer such as weight and video links.

Response from FitSW

We have now added this feature. Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Cindy Hurley

My trainer uses this to share my future workouts with me

Reviewed 2017-09-01

I am able to view the workouts ahead of time and let the trainer know if there are changes we might want to make

Pros
I can see the workouts before I meet with the trainer. I am able to see what we will be doing and when I meet with him I can discuss any modifications

Cons
Cant think of anything other than there are not videos for everything. It would be helpful to be able to view some of the exercises that I am not familiar with

Ruben Escorcia

Very good; software is easy to use and intuitive

Reviewed 2018-06-16

Pros
That has almost all the features we need as personal trainers, with tools for nutrition plans and workouts; foods database is very complete and also is the exercises database, which include videos

Cons
It should include a BMR/TDEE calculator for clients, using data provided (weight, height, age, gender, physical activity per week); also it would be good to have an IMC calculator

Haley Malone

Good overall software, needs a few improvements to the app features that are not integrated across.

Reviewed 2017-10-26

Increased client compliance, increased client competence in completing workouts on their own.

Pros
Extensive (and expanding) database. Linked demos of exercises. Ability of clients to see their workouts.

Cons
Inability to "add exercise" from app. Inability to see "shared clients" in app. Inability to search via muscle group when creating workouts, rather needing specific word combo/orders in website.

Catherine Kovacs

Great! The app functions very well and is very easy to navigate while using.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

I was able to see workouts demoed for me so that I could properly workout

Pros
I like how user friendly it is! I didn't have to spend hours learning how to use the app. I can easily open it during a workout to see a demo.

Cons
When I do need a demo it opens in safari and I sometimes forget to close out so I have a ton of tabs open. It would be nice if the demo could play in app.

Ayana Ball-Ward

Awesome

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Being able to keep track of that I did and my goals

Pros
I like that you can specify a different work out for each day, have it mapped out and ready to go. I also like that you can add demos.

Cons
I do not really have any dislikes. If I were to change anything, I would add a place where you can put how much weight you lifted on that exercise so that you can reference the next time.

Jason Edinger

Have only been using for a short time, but does what I need and does it well

Reviewed 2018-09-21

I've been able to keep workouts all in one location (including my own), assessments, etc. I've had only the 1 issue I mentioned above and plan to continue using it.

Pros
Ability to easily list clients and create workouts. Took literally 2 seconds to figure out how to super-set exercises. Haven't paid for anything yet, but it works just fine for how I've been using it.

Cons
Haven't really found anything I disliked yet. One bug I've found is that, logged in as a client, you cannot add food to a diet (or create a diet). I've emailed the admins about it.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! When logged in as a client you can Add foods or Diets if your trainer grants you access. They can do this on their Account -> Settings page. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

LaRita Laktonen-Ward

Very helpful for client accountability

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
I appreciate the variety of exercises to choose from when designing a training program. It is very nice to receive an email when a client completes their work out and the YouTube demos attached are very helpful.

Cons
It would be nice to have more tracking options available for progress photos or graphing weight for example

Reggie Robles

It has been a great experience!

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
I like that I can go on it and be able to adapt and change my workout based on how well or poorly i am doing. I can also check the box as complete.

Cons
I would say the food tracker. I wish it was easier to write down and track the information better. This would have helped me with my nutrition and my overall physical health goals.

Ashley Johnson

Wonderful service

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I have noticed increased nutrition and health and have reached my overall fitness goals.

Pros
I love that i can connect with my trainer virtually from anywhere in the world.

Cons
I wish their was a nutritional guide tied to my workout plan for the month.

Perfect for training

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Pros
Easily allows my trainer and I to sync up on workout progress or concerns.

Cons
Somewhat difficult to “push forward” workouts when you increase difficulty

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We can make it easier to push forward workouts - call or email and we can setup a demo. Let us know if you have any other feedback at admin@fitsw.com

Mason Bose

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I had a great overall experience and would recommend.

Pros
I liked how it was easy to communicate with your trainer.

Cons
It was very jumbled and structured poorly.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have re-organized the app so that it is now organized in traditional menus. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Overall I was satisfied with FitSW, would use again.

Pros
It allowed me to follow a routine set by my personal trainer. Easy to access and view. Great place for everything in one spot.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jered Kraszewski

Perfection that keeps improving daily. Great App, timely respone on questions. Thank you!

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Organization

Pros
I can copy workoits to clients with similar abilitues to save me time. Also, the fact that I am alerted,when they have completed workout is great.

Cons
I would like for clients to be able to make comments on completed workout through the app, not just the website.

Lucía Ordaz Márquez

It is a helpful tool for organize my training

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Has been an useful tool to help with my workouts

Pros
The mobile app it is very easy to use and you can add exercises, workouts and your before and after photos

Cons
I would like to see more language options. I dont know if this is only in my phone, but I can not change the languaje to Spanish