FitSW Reviews

4.46/5 (121 reviews)

Pros
  • Easy to use! Helps me track my progress.
  • I like how easy it is to use the software
  • The diet tracking! And the measurement feature!
  • Easy to get homework from my trainer, easy to mark complete, easy to view video demos
Cons
  • Everything works great! Overall great app.
  • Nothing I like least, it seems to be a good software
  • I forget to hit update a lot! That’s more user error 😉
  • No complaints! Has been working great, this is definitely one of the better workout softwares out there.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

FitSW is great and easy to use. Workouts are great and customer support are always so easy.

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Pros
The demo video are so great to work with, if I don't know how to do the exercises I just look at the demo and I'm good to go.

Cons
Sometimes the workouts disappear and can't be found. That can be annoying sometimes especially if I have not completed my workout

Jeremy Smith

Organized and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
That I can have workouts reoccur weekly and allows my clients automatic feedback. The messaging is a great way to help motivate my clients.

Cons
That I am not able to click on more then one client when adding workouts. Also that I cannot use a weight percentage chart.

Adam Seguin

Extremely useful for planning mine and my client's workouts.

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Easy to plan and track on phone.

Pros
Easy to use and easy to change so you can use it before or change it during the workout. The layout is also super simple.

Cons
While you can add your own exercises I feel like there are plenty of common exercises not listed. Very minor criticism.

Cami Coad

Took a little bit to get used to but once I figured it out it's super easy

Reviewed 2018-06-23

Pros
Once you figure it out, it's really easy to use. I like that I can look back on a client history to see where they're trending.

Cons
The scoring system is a little wonky, like on the graphs. If you simply use the arrows the values go by .1 so it took me a few times to figure it out. The automatic emails to clients also leave something to be desired. Especially when you click on one and it sends immediately. No confirmation or anything.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have improved the scoring system based on your feedback to make it easier to read. You can disable or enable different automatic emails on the Account -> Settings page. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Jessica Strom

Excellent! It has enhanced my business

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Pros
Links to videos are so helpful for my clients. Also that it emails them directly and they can login at anytime

Cons
the user interface needs a face lift to look current. It looks too dated and techy. It should look modern with some color

Brian Bell

Overall a great app. I only use it to build a weekly workout.

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Great way to electronically generate and save workouts.

Pros
Love the exercise database and ability to add new exercises. The new superset ("complex") feature is great.

Cons
Would like to see the superset feature have a way to write notes for the superset, not just reps. Also perhaps a time block. Say I want the client to complete as many supersets as possible in 5 minutes, or do the superset EMOM. Would love to see the capability to quickly create a tabata block. Need to be able to select exercises, time per tabata round, and rest period. Super bonus would be including a tabata timer built into the app.

Bobby Hoock

So great for up and coming personal trainers!

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Pros
The ease of managing multiple clients is absolutely incredible of this extremely user-friendly format!

Cons
There is significant lag when copying and pasting workouts from one client to the other, but other than that we have no complaints

Alicia Hoover

Improvements Needed

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I am still new to the FitSW app. I have only used it for 2 months. Please send me a survey to do in a few more months - so I can give an overall experience with the application .

Pros
When my trainer assigns me workouts - I enjoy the video demo capability. It helps when performing/correcting a workout.

Cons
I can't see the list of videos UNLESS a particular workout is assigned to me. The software does not have the fitness function of syncing up with my Garmin Watch.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! You can view the list of videos by going to the Exercise List page. There you can see the exercises and their video demos even if its not yet part of an exercise. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Anonymous

Solid app, could use a few more features.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Pros
Recent updates! And new look to the app make the app much better to use and it's functionality is way better

Cons
No longer free, I loved a free app for personal trainers since finding a good one for free is impossible.

Angie Witte

Good app but hoping it continues to add features

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Pros

Cons
A bit clunky to move around from one thing to another (exercise to timer and back, etc.), no ability to customize, would like ability to save exercises and put together my own work out plans as well as ones assigned by trainer.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We have built the timer right into the exercise page now so that you don't even have to leave that page. We also added features where you can customize your own workout plans with your own exercises with your own demo. If you need any help using these features let us know at admin@fitsw.com.

Rebeka Small

The app is very easy to use and very user-friendly.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Pros
It's very easy to navigate and keep track of the workouts that have been assigned to me by my trainer.

Cons
I have no real complaints! Without any formal training it's been very easy to figure out with no guidance.

Kristin Green-Speich

No excuses!

Reviewed 2018-09-21

Great!

Pros
The diet tracking! And the measurement feature!

Cons
I forget to hit update a lot! That’s more user error 😉

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feature requests or feedback.

Steve La

New program that provides basic structure for trainers and clients.

Reviewed 2017-11-02

Ability to share schedules and transfer clients and the files associated with them.

Pros
Simplicity of the product that allows for easy access and intuitive interfaces. The scheduling feature is really easy to use, and is what I use it most for.

Cons
Not really accessible, unless on a desktop computer. Site/program isn't really compatible with the phone and the app, although very new, is even more limiting to use on the Android. This causes clients to not really be interested in using the software at all. The mobile version needs to be able to display the schedule for the trainers.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jessica Navarro

FitSW Review

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Pros
Easy to use! Helps me track my progress.

Cons
Everything works great! Overall great app.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Mark Tobias

FitSW review

Reviewed 2018-09-18

The experience has been great overall. I've used it to supplement my clients workout apart from my personal training sessions. I enjoy the demo videos from the workouts section. Super beneficial to clients! Also, I like how the app can be somewhat personalized to the client . I still feel though that much can be done to make the app experience much more personal and interesting.

Pros
The workouts, diet, progress records, and before after pics. I enjoy the look of it as well. It's simple and to the point!

Cons
It's still in the works on adding a lot of necessary features but it is a great app. I wish that clients could log their own workouts or what they do. I don't think this is possible right now.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! Clients can log their own workouts and what they do. They can just click the "Results" button and then can enter the weights they used, reps or whatever they would like. The trainer can then view this info. This article talk about if more: https://www.fitsw.com/blog/personal-trainer-client-workout-results-tracking/

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anna Rosbury

My experience so far has been good! I like the overall idea of FitSW.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

YouTube videos are a great addition to this software! I love being able to look back on videos and descriptions WHILE I am working out!

Pros
Mostly I like the YouTube videos associated with certain workouts so in case I forget how to do a certain move, it is a good reminder.

Cons
I think the software could be more user friendly and provided easier ways to view things. For example, I would prefer better descriptions and an easier way to view each day OR all days at once, more like a calendar view (daily, weekly, monthly).

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Lemakius Gardner

I love this app.

Reviewed 2017-10-26

Pros
I was able to go to gym look at what my coach had next for me to train fir the next body part. So if it was Tricep that's what I saw

Carli Lufkin

Lufkin

Reviewed 2018-09-21

Pros
I like how easy it is to use the software

Cons
Nothing I like least, it seems to be a good software

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback!

Chrishna Williams

It's been a great way to keep track of my workouts.

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Pros
It's easy to use and great way to manage and monitor your clients workouts. As a user I don't get to use all of its features.

Kenneth Kho

Great working app . Super flexible to customize with all info we would need as a PT

Reviewed 2017-12-20

Easily to provide important fitness info to my clients. It looks professional for the clients once they receive an email with their fitness program and details based on themselves

Pros
1. Very flexible to add all kinds of details to measure and track 2. Very easy to add any client and have it send to their email 3. Easy to add exercises

Cons
1. Look of the platform looks a bit cheap 2. Not able to add info while being offline 3. Not able to ask the client if he or she can give his / her opinion about the PT

Chris Cullom

FitSW is one of the best fitness apps on the market for trainers!

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Pros
Easy to use for both the trainer and the client. Easy to add and modify workouts and to add demos.

Cons
Wish there was a better way to record changes in weight and reps for multiple sets. Also, wish there was an automatic way to track and chart specific exercises over time as clients improve.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! You can now record changes in weight and reps for multiple sets using our new "Results" button. Then you can enter in the workout results for every weight and rep.

Super user friendly

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Pros
Very straightforward to use during workouts and love the timer! The videos help me understand the workouts, sometimes I am unfamiliar with the terms and this gets me through my workouts much better. All my workout history is kept so I can refer back to them if I need to.

Lyndsie Christenson

Almost exactly what I was looking for in an app for Trainers

Reviewed 2018-06-19

More organized programs for my clients as opposed to carrying around a million binders.

Pros
I LOVE that they have demos available. I also really like the progress feature and how it comes in chart and graph form.

Cons
I wish there was a way to record client PR's so I could refer back to them when creating a new routine.

Byron Laws II

Great!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-01-02

FitSW has help take the grind of complex PAR-Q, medical records, assessments, workout plans, and nutritional forms and compromised it into a well functional software built for any striving professional. The benefit of have everything you need right in the palm of your hand whenever you need it is something every fitness professional should have.

Pros
FitSW is a great software for those who are just getting started in the fitness industry but also is built to meet the needs of an experienced fitness professional. I enjoy the simplicity of the layout and organization of the software.

Cons
On the mobile app, it would be nice to have a hot button for taking before and after pictures of clients. A profile icon picture of each clients would make the software look more professional and modern in my opinion.

Christine Marshall

Easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Pros
I like making custom routines for my clients. It doesn't take long to do it. Even if a demo of a workout isn't on there, I can search it and add it on my own.

Cons
The only issue that I have had with this software is a few times when I have designed a workout, it shows a duplicate and my clients have said that it has emailed it twice to them when I only sent it once. Not a big deal though.