Groundwork

Payment solution for youth sports team and clubs

Groundwork Reviews

Pros

The ease and organization of the software has been wonderful - especially for our very large "team.

Bethany J.

Laura H.

Wonderful customer service, easy to use and this is the best product we have used.

Jennifer S.

Cons

We wish this software would somehow be able to show/track negative balances.

Bethany J.

It's not ideal from this perspective but we are making it work.

Andrew B.

The only downside of the app is the ability of the customers to stop or suspend their payments without approval.

Tracy F.

4.9

Groundwork Works for Us

We are extremely happy with Groundwork Team Payments. We currently have 80% of our club fees and registration payments being entered in Groundwork and we are exploring ways to migrate even more of those other payments over. The customer service is top notch. The team has provided me with answers to all of the questions I have had in an extremely timely manor.

Pros

The Groundwork payment solution has made billing families for their club fees very easy for us. Knowing that once we add a player to a team and submit the payment schedule to the application, Groundwork emails the families to approve the payments and add their credit card/banking information. The application also reminds the families when a payment fails. Most of the time the families update their information to resubmit the payment with out any interaction from our staff!

Cons

It may just be the level of service that we have, but all of our administration is done through one account. We have multiple club directors and others individuals with financial access in our organization but we haven't been able to get each user separate credentials to access the Groundwork Administration page. It's not ideal from this perspective but we are making it work.

Groundwork Has Been Great For Us

The staff is always quick to respond and very helpful.

Pros

Groundwork allows my organization to stay very organized and on top of payments.

Cons

Would like more features that are detailed for each player. More flexibility on setting up payments. Option to use money through the account instead of transferring.

Large Teams Welcome Here

Hands down, the customer service and ease of use have combined to be the selling point for our organization.

Pros

The ease and organization of the software has been wonderful - especially for our very large "team". We also really appreciate and value the customer service response time and overall helpful-ness of the staff.

Cons

We wish this software would somehow be able to show/track negative balances. For example, if we do a fundraiser ahead of an upcoming "fee", it would be nice to enter/allow fundraiser profit to show a negative balance - thus to lower "fees" as they are scheduled.

As a Team Manager, Groundwork makes my life easier!

Pros

The ability to track past due payments and send reminders to team members has been a lifesaver. I know that we have had a much better track record of getting payments in a timely manner. Our players love the ability to have a monthly, predictable payment.

Cons

I would like to be able to bulk edit individual player payments as well as track and leave notes when I adjust a payment amount.

Using Groundwork has without a doubt changed the quality of my life!

Pros

Prior to signing on with Groundwork I spent hours every month frustrating over collecting fees. now I can spend that time with our customers building relationships. In our business we have many different fee structures and the flexibility of the Groundwork app allows me to accommodate all my customers needs. Additionally the customer service at Groundwork is excellent. They are there for me whenever I need them. I love the chat feature as you get instant replies to simple questions without waiting on hold or initiating a help desk ticket like so many other places require.

Great For Non Profit Sports teams

Pros

This software helps us save time. With the online payments, we no longer have to send out monthly invoices go to the bank, worry about bounced checks - all payments are on time & automatic. Our members also love it, it is easy to use & you can manage your entire family (if on the team) as well as other teams if they use it from one dashboard. It is easy to change payments (dissounts) add offline payments (fundraisers) and add additional payments during the year.

Cons

Players are alphabetized by first name.

Groundworks Review

Pros

Honestly I like everything about Groundworks. As both an administrator on the billing side and a user through a different sports team I have found the use of Groundworks to be easy and the people who work their are knowledgeable, efficient and always willing to help no matter what time. Set up is very simple and the software is easy to understand even for the least experienced software user. The product came highly recommended and I can see why. Have yet to find something I don't like about it.

Cons

Truly I haven't yet found anything I do not like.

Top notch billing software with a great team to match!

Pros

Ground. work created an easy to use billing software that makes my job easy and stress-free. Who wouldn't love a set-it-and-forget-it installment plan for your customers and let the software do all the work? The entire team at Ground.work has put a lot of thought in the design and is open to customer input and recommendations. Truly a remarkable company!

Cons

I would love for themto incorporate an invoicing function and improve the reporting to make this software next to perfect.

Great product!

Wonderful customer service, easy to use and this is the best product we have used!

Pros

Our company enjoys how easy it is to take online payments from our club players. The setup is so easy and user friendly

Cons

I wish that we could personalize emails that go out to the parents when we first set them up.

I've been running, Baseball teams for over 20 years now this far better than anything I've used i

Pros

Fast response to any questions or problems that arise . the customer representative is friendly and knows his product. I'd recommend this product to everyone.

Cons

An app would help for those at the moment payments. Also an option for the customer to pay the fees would be great.

Completely satisfied

Very easy to work with, response time is quick.

Pros

Easy use, our parents used it. Most successful year in collecting money

Cons

Nothing it was very easy to use. Made our day to day function easy to use

I found it very easy to setup and love the dashboard.

Pros

It helps me manage 25 plus teams, along with allows my teams to see what they're forecasted budget is for the season. Our Parents like the fact that they can pay online along with they are notified each month.

Cons

I really have no complaints with the software at this time as it has helped our club get organized with our financials.

GW has made tuition collection so easy. Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

It is automated on many levels making tuition scheduling, payment collection, and reminders simple and easy.

Cons

There are a few changes I'd like to make that would help from a bookkeeping standpoint, but those may be unique to our organization.

Best Decision!

Groundwork is one of the best decisions we have made as a club. It has been such a great solution to our payment processing.

Pros

Saves us time and money as a club, by freeing us up to focus on other things besides chasing payments. Outstanding, fast customer service. The software is easy to use and, once set up is completed, it pretty much runs itself. We only have to check on any problems (missed payments, failed payments, etc).

Cons

Reporting-specifically the download to Quickbooks didn't work for us, so we still have a manual entry process. But it is still much simpler than it used to be.