Jackrabbit Swim Logo

Online swim school management software

Jackrabbit Swim Reviews

Suggested alternatives

jackrabbit-gymnastics
jackrabbit-dance
vagaro

Ve been very happy with JR in general, the customer service team is very responsive and overall a good value.
It is easy to navigate and always improving. They are constantly listening to users to better the software and help you find the best way to use it with your company.
I like how many features it ha. The ease of emailing certain families is awesome.
I dont know what I would dislike. They even have a Facebook group.
I don’t like that emails can only be sent out 90 days in advance.

JD

Jordan D.

Student

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to Use!

Transcript

Jordan: Hi, my name's Jordan. I'm a swim instructor, and I give Jackrabbit Swim five out of five. For...

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Swim Software

Has served our business well for many years

Pros

Feature rich software platform that allows you a high level of customisation.

Cons

JR's biggest challenge is it a lack of API opportunity, this limits automation and integration with other platforms you may need.

NR

Nicole R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Best Software for Swim Lessons!

The set up of the software to streamline a business was easy. Scheduling, Registrations, Payments, emails, and the organization of this all in one place is what makes this such a great software. Not to mention great customer support.

Pros

It's easy to use for administrators and cliental.

Cons

I like everything about the software. I have not found a con thus far.

js

jamie s.

Sports, 11-50 employees

The program is ok. Could be better

Pros

That I am able to access the program from my mobile devices to keep up with student schedule

Cons

Since there is not an actual app, I have saved the website on my phone as a Home Screen shortcut. If I clock in on my phone I have to use that same device to clock out on. I cannot clock in on one device and clock out on another.

Hi Jamie! Thanks for giving us the feedback. Jackrabbit does have an app called Jackrabbit Plus. You can check it out at www.jackrabbitclass.com/jackrabbit-plus.

CM

Cristina M.

Sports, 1,001-5,000 employees

Essential for our facility to function

Overall has been very successful. When needed assistance, we have someone assisting us within 48 hours.

Pros

Once you learn how to navigate your way through Jackrabbit, it is so easy to create classes, schedule them, manage bookings, implement link on our website, close classes that are full and much more.

Cons

That is not so easy to customize the features needed and export data. Would like to have an option to chat with someone directly in case of urgent help.

EM

Eva M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit user for 13+ years

We have only used Jackrabbit software. We started at the Dad's Club in 2007 and started using Jackrabbit in late 2008. We have looked at other programs but none have compared to the schedule organization and value that we receive from Jackrabbit Swim.

Pros

We love using Jackrabbit Swim for multitude of reasons. It keeps our instructors, schedules, and family accounts organized. We run multiple programs through our software; children's and Adult swim lessons, clinics, lifeguarding, safety courses and summer league. We were excited to implement Jackrabbits new policy agreements, we have been able utilize and integrate different agreements for our individualized programs. The overall blanket policy agreement was not not working for us and now with multiple policies our clinics and Adult programs do not have to agree to our "Double Diaper Policy".

Cons

We have issues with double booking instructors, the ability to post credits to family accounts for a specific day (ie; Thursday classes were cancelled and we were unable to provide make-ups, so we had to post credits to all the Thursday families through each class) and there's no "Class Cancelled" button on the staff portal attendance with the option to set a make-up date and the class show in the portal for attendance.

LD

Linda D.

Sports, self-employed

Used it before... chose to use it again!

I have used Jackrabbit Swim for over 10 years when I owned an indoor swim school facility. And now that I am returning to teaching private and semi-private lessons in backyard pools, I wouldn't run my business without Jackrabbit. They have always been intuitive to make changes as the swim school owners needed something to more easily run their business. They now have a tremendous staff who helped me Jump Start my business again with Jackrabbit so I could offer online registration for summer classes. My whole summer filled in less than 24 hrs. THANK YOU JACKRABBIT for helping me set up my classes and fix my glitches. It's smooth sailing from now on..... LOVE JR!!

Pros

I found Jackrabbit years ago before I even had an indoor swim school with two pools. I so wanted to offer online registration to my families and found Jackrabbit about two weeks before Summer registration. The owner helped me list all the dates, times, and locations of my summer pools. Registration was flawless. Then when I went indoors to my newly built swim school, it truly helped to already have this piece working effortlessly. After using it for over 10 yrs. I had a hiatus and came back to Jackrabbit. Love it!

Cons

There is NOTHING about this software that doesn't help me as the owner run my business well.

GV

Gwyn V.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Jackrabbit Swim is simply the best for our swimming program!

While Jackrabbit may not do all that I would like it to, this software provides most of what I want and need to run our business. The customer service is the best I've seen in that they respond to inquiries swiftly with answers or suggestions to my situation.

Pros

I first loved the ease of set up for our business. I was able to set up registration and approximately 100 classes in a matter of hours! The ease of use is fantastic. Their staff responded to all of my questions quickly and helped me to work around some issues that their software couldn't handle at the time I set everything up. Nowadays, I LOVE the prorating feature.

Cons

There are a few things I wish I could do with Jackrabbit Swim: 1. Sort daily schedules by instructor or skill level 2. Generate more customized reports for internal use 3. Maintain a history of instructors for classes 4. Be able to add a substitute instructor to the schedule when regular instructors are out

LG

Laura G.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Mostly positive

Pros

Relatively easy to use and I love the ability to have multiple locations in one database. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] In support is amazing! The personal support she has offered us is above and beyond.

Cons

The options that I have on the back end do not match what options I have on the parent portal. For example, I can remove the monthly tuition rate as I integrate with my website, however, on the parent portal, there are hard-coded items that I cannot change. If I am able to have flexibility on one side, I should have the same flexibility on the other side. Pricing: We pay by the student, but we don't have the option to archive a specific student; only an entire family. This should match as well.. If we only have the ability to archive a family; we should be charged by the family.

LM

Lisa M.

Texas Ford Aquatics

Pros

We have over 800 students year round and the flexibility to open/close/move classes helps us build classes to meet immediate enrollment needs or current movement of existing swimmers. Weekly calendar is a great tool for a quick snap shot of what classes are open/full and where adjustments need to be made to help with movement.

Cons

We would like to be able to utilize the parent portal more for notes/updates to the customer. Currently they can only see their skills and level. We have to give personal updates or emails to give more specific details. The transaction page can get a little confusing sometimes when there are credits applied or changes made to linked transactions. We have made it a practice to put detailed notes in so we can track any changes easier.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit Swim Software Review

Support is fantastic!

Pros

It captures all of the information needed in quick registration form & displays all the pertinent information in various views

Cons

Still perfecting the employee scheduling aspect for scheduling - would like a full daily schedule on one sheet of paper for classes

KL

Kim L.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Critical to running my swim business

I launched my business with JackRabbit from day 1 so it's been a critical piece of our growth in the first 6 months of operations. I appreciate that it's set up and customized for swim schools from the start and had some features that even helped give me ideas for how I want my operations to run.

Pros

I like that JackRabbit allows me to easily set up my class schedule, enroll students, manage them as they move from class to class and smoothly bill them each month. All the core functions of my business run through the system and it also helps me manage my staff time clock and creates an easy report for me to submit payroll hours every two weeks. The dashboards and to do lists also make it easy to keep track of things like student birthdays, new enrollment processing, etc.

Cons

The learning curve was a little challenging and I still struggle sometimes if I'm trying to customize something as there are often 2 or 3 different places to adjust certain settings, for example permissions that control what a staff member sees when they log on to the staff portal. The help content is good though and I receive quick responses if I need to reach out for further help.

ND

Nicole D.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

JackRabbit Review

I think Jackrabbit is a great program. I think it is pretty easy to use and I have trained quite a few people in using it. I think once you know the program it is easier to learn more and things are always changing and adapting so that you can do more things.

Pros

I like how the product is pretty easy to use for the most part. When I don not know how to do something I can always chat with a representative and they are always to willing to help with videos as well and screenshots of how I can do it!

Cons

I think that sending a statement is something a bit challenging just because it is not always easy to read. I also think that the transactions are something a bit confusing when you are looking at them and do not know a lot about what you are looking at.

AB

Anna B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Versatile software for any swim school

The software saves me so much time and it's super easy for parents to use.

Pros

The ease of parents being able to book on and pay and see their child's progress. Copying classes each term in bulk and automatically booking swimmers on. Saves so much time.

Cons

Can be difficult to find what you're looking for.

ST

Stephanie T.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best Software

Jackrabbit took us from paper and pencil registration to the ease of online registration, automated billing, and electronic skills tracking. It was a game changer!!

Pros

We love that Jackrabbit is so progressive and responsive to user feedback and ideas. Over the past decade that we have been using it, we have seen the enhancements made allow us to run many of our practices from, registration, to skills tracking, to billing, far more efficiently.

Cons

I would love to see an option for improving waitlist notifications/enrollment to open classes!

TB

Taylor B.

Easy to use, nice to have billing/scheduling/rosters in one place.

Pros

Everything is in one place. I can bill, schedule, see class history, print rosters, track skills and attendance, email and text families all in one place. I can quickly see a family's transaction and class history. I can mass post tuition fees and process batch credit cards which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to post annual tuition fees when everybody has different start dates.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It's our hope that you continually find value in our features and functionality. We are always listening and seeking out ways to assist you in continuing your success, so please let us know how we can help.

NM

Nikki M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Solid Platform

Jackrabbit allows website registration and frees up office staff time, and they now have prorated fees, based on the number of lessons, rather than just a monthly fee.

Pros

Jackrabbit keeps growing and getting better. The development team comes out with new additions regularly, and their communication about it is excellent! The customer service is the best part of Jackrabbit. Answers are very timely morning, night and weekends! I've never experienced that before with a software company. They have many training videos and a help section with lots of answers as well. The software has lots of options of doing things YOUR way. There are many fabulous reports too.

Cons

It allows a teacher to be booked in more than once place at a time.

NM

Nadia M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Love Jackrabbit Swim

We use Jackrabbit Swim for our business - Stony Creek Swim Center. We have been using it for a few years now and I think it has really helped the business suceed. Customer service is great and usually responds fairly quickly to our questions and concerns.

Pros

The website is easy to navigate. I really like the newer calendar link that is available no matter what screen you're in to click on. Used to be you could only access the calendar button on the home page which was a pain to go back and forth to.

Cons

Nothing really. It's all pretty easy to learn and navigate through

AS

Annie S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Not quite right...

We used Jackrabbit for ~3 months. It was far better than our old system (Vagaro), but the inability to put power in customers hands (regarding makeups, class drops, transfers, etc) caused us to switch to iClass. We're a few weeks in (JR acct is still active as we complete the annoying task of collecting credit cards), but iClass has suited us much better. They have a parent portal app, makeups are easy, and my only annoyance is having to toggle between 2 locations.

Pros

It was designed for kids sports and provides necessary functionality for maintaining our swim school, as opposed to other (less industry specific) software we've used in the past.

Cons

#1 flaw is its inability to allow customers to schedule makeup classes / lessons. This took hours of manual admin time weekly, and as a growing swim school, I can't imagine what that would have looked like had we not switched to a different system. Not only was the manual work tedious, but it made makeups "personal" - ie if there was no/limited availability, it made our staff look like the bad guys. Also, the system looks and feels outdated, and has too much functionality in my opinion. On top of that, I consider myself a tech-savvy person, and after months of using the billing features, I was still confused on how to issue/apply account credits.

BF

Buffy F.

JackRabbit has always been extremely helpful in every situation.

Pros

JackRabbit is constantly working to improve their software. There are enhancements released weekly. Support is quick to respond and will work through any situation. There is also a Facebook group to post questions to other users. I find this very helpful to get other people to help find solutions.

Cons

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

KD

Karen D.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Jackrabbit

Its been great. My coach. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], was amazing. I learned the system in about 3 weeks. Very user friendly and the reports are amazing.

Pros

It was very user friendly. I was able to navigate through the system with little help at all but I do enjoy the help videos if I ever need to figure something out. The coach, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], that was provided to me was absolutely the best trainer I had worked with.

Cons

Sometimes registration will allow people to sign up for classes but not pay at that time.

AL

Annie L.

Customer Service is the best. The response is so quick and everyone is very friendly.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate. We use the weekly page the most and all the updates have been very useful.

Cons

The software is not always user friendly. We have multiple classes at the same time with the same level. This makes it hard when we charge for tuition. I always have to go in and check certain fields to see if tuition was posted correctly. Most of the time it discounts to much. This is the biggest concern for me.

KG

Kelly G.

We have been using Jack Rabbit for our swim school for about 6 years now! We love it.

Pros

We love how receptive the company is too making suggested changes/improvements. The customer service staff is great. We could never manage our customer load without this software.

Cons

The cost is a little high

Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.

KR

Katie R.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Swim School with 2K participants Need Jackrabbit

Pros

Customer services is definitely the greatest strength while we transitioned our staff. We like how easy our parents can navigate the system with minimal conflicts.

Cons

We have a list of class offerings at the same time. The categories can be complicated if a parent has multiple swimmers at the same time.

DM

Dakota M.

Sports, 11-50 employees

JR is a great software and very easy to use. The best part about it is the customer support!

Very easy to use and well organized. All of the reports are very helpful as well and it is very easy for our patrons to use the parent portal.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't quite do everything we would like it to do for our business so hopefully it can get there one day.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It¿s our hope that you always find value in our features and functionality. We¿re always listening and seeking out ways to help you continue your success.

BM

Brittany M.

User-friendly for the non-tech savvy

Pros

It is super user-friendly even for someone who is not a tech buff. Cover class scheduling and billing as well as employee scheduling and payroll. Has color-coded option which makes looking at the screen all day much easier.

Cons

some pages are unnecessary for my business so I wish there was a way to not make them invisible to my staffers.