All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Martial Arts on Rails Reviews

Great Program

Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

Pros

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

Cons

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Great support

We are a university club, with 30-40 members. Just enough members to justify a membership system but not enough to afford the big names. We are a martial art club, so I look at 50+ different options and try ~10 that were affordable. MAOnRails was in the top 3, I was sold by the support that was absolutely, and still is, great. Very fast response to explain, correct or enhance. I can only recommend this software. It is not the cheapest but far from the more expensive. Definitely worth the money!

Pros

- Best support ever - Quick bug & features turnaround, even when paying the lowest plan - All features requests are considered and thought through - Payment integration with square and stripe - kiosk mode for in gym/dojo check-in - manager and members interface to allow members to see own membership, pay invoices, etc - integrated document management for waiver and T&Cs Many other features, I suggest you to do the free trial

Cons

It is really a great software, any cons I came across was swiftly corrected/updated by the great team behind the software. There hasn't been any request/features that where dismissed by the team so I want to say no cons!

Great software for the price

Pros

This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

Cons

The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly

It works!

Love it!

Pros

Super easy to use, it works, and if you have a question they are very responsive.

Cons

Would like to add feature of being able to put in emergency contact photos. Also be able to click on members photos to enlarge an adjust. Some members add photos that are poor quality or too small to see their face clearly.

Simple the best, better than all the rest.....

Been using their software coming up for 6 months and so far they get 10 out of 10.

Pros

What can I say, I have tested many systems promising so much and in the end either too difficult to learn or just doesn't deliver. However with Martial Arts on Rails it was completely different, easy to set up, easy to use and students/instructors love it.

Cons

Nothing... I have tried so many other systems and to pick something wouldn't help someone looking to test their system. Yes I have things I would like developed for my organisation and their support team are truly there if you need them... I wished i found them years ago....

Streamlined my school

Streamlining my school.

Pros

Martial Arts On Rails has helped me tremendously in streamlining my students info. I have been taking role and keeping up with ranks on paper for about a year prior to implementing this platform. This is my first time operating software or an online platform. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My school is starting to grow and MAonRails is making things a breeze to keep up with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super quick to email me back if I have questions. I give this company an A+.

Cons

It seems to operate better on a laptop or desktop versus a smartphone.

Great customer service

This software has helped our business grow. The customer service is second to none!

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

Learning how to use this new software. A change in our usual routine, but it was much needed.

Exceptional product

Saves me time and money. Very good product!

Pros

It is quite intuitive. It does so many things for me that I would spend endless time trying to do for myself. It is also priced fairly.

Cons

Thanks for the review, Jared, and for being a valued customer for so long! -Eran

Karate Software for Dojo

Excellent experience.

Pros

The software gave me control over all aspects of the Dojo. Basic information about all students, billing, tracking testing and rank and attendance.

Cons

Overall there wasn't anything that I can say was bad.

Great program!

I really like your program! The software is easy to use and the website is very simple to edit, especially for someone like me who is NOT very savvy when it comes to things like this!  Thank you for this!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, as well as the automatic billing feature. It allows me to focus on teaching, and I don't have to stop class to take payments. I also really like the simplicity of the website and how simple it is to add or make edits.

Cons

I kept getting spam messages in my lead form, now that Captcha has been added that is no longer a problem!

Pros

Intuitive design, it took almost no effort to get up and running. Comprehensive feature set, leaves very little wanting in terms of functionality.

Cons

Some idiosyncrasies with the roles and permissions that take some learning. For example, if you create a dedicated user for front desk mode and then don’t give that user member permissions, new members can sign up through front desk mode but can’t add their billing information.

Fantastic software

Payment system and student lead tracking is unparalleled.

Pros

This software is amazing for keeping a martial arts school on track. They are continually improving features as well and we highly recommend anyone use it.

Cons

The website feature could offer more freedom for design.

My experience with Martial Arts On Rail has been positive.

Pros

The ease of the software. All understandable. Its all on your hands. It basically has everything you need to administrate your business. Customer service is an A++++.

Cons

It should have a better ranking and attendance system. A way that you can input an amount of days or hours for each belt level and we could get notified we when will each student be ready for promotion.

Thank you for the review, Carlos! We'll keep improving our platform to suit your needs -Eran

Best decision ever

Couldn't run a proper martial arts business without this. Great software at reasonable prices.

Pros

Cloud based. Suited to remote management of school. Well designed features with a martial arts school in mind. Fantastic service and responsive support.

Cons

Has some kinks, but development team sorts it out really quick. So it's not really a con. Just an indication of a work in progress that's already quite top notch.

Excellent!

Pros

I like the fact that it comes with the website which is very user friendly. It integrates everything you need to operate smoothly.

Cons

The only suggestion I have, and I may just not be aware of it, is having the ability to have someone sign up and pay on the spot through the lead forms, and have auto responders for emails.

Thank you for the review Charles, and we'll definitely look into adding your suggestion! -Eran

Exactly what we needed

Pros

Easy to use, very responsive and helpful developers to help ease our transition. All the features we want

Cons

There’s no app, but one is in development

Very satisfied

After three years of dodging the bigger companies peddling their software my partner and I decided to give MA on Rails a try using our new location as a testing platform. Any issues or questions we had were answered promptly and any feedback we have was immediately put to use to make our software truly comparable for our gym.. After a month we asked for a little more time to decide and were given another month. Currently we are using MA on rails at both of our locations and are very happy with the product and service provided.

Cons

Branden and Shawn were a couple of our earliest customers with Honu BJJ, and we really appreciate them trying us out and are looking forward to continue to improve their experience with us. Thanks again for reviewing us!

Great software

Extremely happy

Pros

This is just the best bjj gym management period , love the rank , automatically payment , attendance report, check in system

Cons

Nothing really, maybe change some colors of check in

Great software and excellent customer service!!!

Martial Arts on Rails is the perfect program for any martial arts gym. The user interface is designed to be extremely user friendly. What was once considered time consuming tasks are now a breeze with this program. Their tech support has been very prompt with answering any questions and resolving any technical issues immediately. This has been the best support of any software I have worked with by far. Martial Arts on Rails has been a blessing for our gym and I would highly recommend it to any martial arts gym owner. 5 Stars all day!!!

Great Service

Amazing people to deal with, would recommend to other club owners.

Pros

easy to used, amazing quick responses back from questions.

Cons

Learning curve was bigger than i thought.

Amazing

Incredible, no complaints. It would be great to have an app.

Pros

Ease of use and installation. Very simple and easy

Cons

More customizability on filters and emailing options

Great product, great service

This software is very useful for martial arts gyms. I run a grappling gym, and the features for this software are fantastic. Further, the developer is extremely responsive, and walked me through the entire process from start to finish. He is also consistently updating his product, and incorporates feedback from the user to make Martial Arts on Rails better every month. I would recommend this software to anyone!

Cons

Thank you, David, for your continued support of our product!

The Best Software for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy!

Very helpful, if you had any issue they will answer you right away! The software is easy to use to keep track of your members. Martial on Rails have done a great job and I recommended to anyone out there!

Cons

Thank you for the kind words, Derrick! We hope you'll continue to enjoy using our software. -Eran

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.