membermeister

Business management software for dance studios

membermeister Reviews

Pros

An excellent company with a very helpful support team. I've been using membermeister for 4 years now, we are very happy with the service.

Jamie J.

Easy to use, minimal need for training a so user friendly. Our teachers love how quick and responsive it is.

Megan R.

Very positive and would recommend to anyone who needs a programme that manages everything effectively for them.

Maria K.

Cons

A few customers have complained that their e-mails/invoices have landed in spam/Junk mail folders.

Adele H.

Sometimes a whole group email can end up in customers spam box. I guess its more about their settings than membermeister.

Jamie J.

Ashling F.

4.9

Getting started was incredibly easy. The experience since has been everything we wanted.

More accurate information about students attendance and invoicing.

Pros

The simplicity of creating invoices and seeing who has not yet paid and sending them out reminders. The ease of setting up and taking class registers.

Cons

It is not designed for invoicing Pay As You Go students, but with customer representative's assistance we have found a very workable solution. You need wifi access to take the registers, but you can easily create printable registers. They are working on an app that I hope will solve this one.

Many thanks Suzanne, great to hear that membermeister is helping you and your business.

Membermeister is fab!

Membermeister are extremely friendly, helpful and supportive - explaining things very clearly. Their responses are also incredibly fast - I've always managed to get help within an hour of needing it!

Pros

Membermeister is very simple to use - it took very little time to 'learn' which meant I could get on with running my business almost immediately after switching software. This was brilliant and the team at Membermeister were incredibly helpful, going out of their way to help me transfer my customer data and get set up.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike - the team are constantly adding new features which is fantastic. Occasionally I think of a different way a certain feature could function, but know the Membermeister team are happy and willing to listen to suggestions and take them in board to further improve the software.

Elite Dancers Academy - Membermeister experience

The support from the team is fantastic, anything that i have struggled with technically they have been a great help in demonstrating with videos and instructions. I have a growing dance school business so it is great to have something to help organise my database and generate invoices.

Pros

- The ability to email classes from a professional system - The ability to log all the client information with ease - invoice system is great to keep track of who has paid and who is due to pay

Cons

- I still struggle with how i can invoice one parent for their two or three children who are in different classes

Thanks for your fantastic review Yasmin. We've noted your feedback on family invoicing and will do our best to make this clearer and simpler.

Saves so much time.

Pros

I've been using Membermeister for the last 4 years, it has streamlined the whole process of enrolling and billing customers. It looks professional, everything in one place , very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes a whole group email can end up in customers spam box. I guess its more about their settings than membermeister?

Hi Jamie, thanks so much for your feedback. It's a pleasure to have you as a customer.

Great Software for Running a Dance Business

I have been using Membermeister for approximately 6 months since taking over a small dance school. My first invoice run when taking over the school took me several hours using standard spreadsheet software and was very stressful. My accountant suggested that I tried Membermeister as a way of saving time on my invoicing and keeping track of the finances. I first met with the support staff who showed...

Pros

Save me so much time when creating multiple invoices.

Cons

I've had issues with the printable registers. I run classes from a church hall without wifi so am not able to use the online versions. The support staff, however, has been very helpful with coming up with ideas of how best to using the register functions of the software.

Great Product, Great Service!

Pros

Membermeister is really user friendly; it does everything I need it to do and more making the management of my performing arts school so much easier than it was before I discovered the software. Invoicing and communicating with students and their parents are now a piece of cake and it's great to have my database of students stored in one secure location that I can access anywhere, I really couldn't and wouldn't be without it. Added to all of this the help and support I receive is always incredibly friendly!

Cons

I love everything about Membermeister! I would love it even more if it was possible to manage all of my accounts through the software too, if this might be something for the future?

Membermeister review

Very positive and would recommend to anyone who needs a programme that manages everything effectively for them!

Pros

They’re a great team to work with and it has all the functions you could ask for! I can’t really fault this software as without it I would not be able to run my school as I do! It doesn’t everything you could want and is really easy to use.

Cons

This is hard as there’s not much I dislike! You do have to pay for it but in my eyes, it’s all totally worth it

PERFECT PIECE OF SOFTWARE FOR MY DRAMA SCHOOL

It was definitely the right choice when my business grew and I was in search of software to manage my drama classes. Since using it, I have found I have so much more time on my hands to focus on pushing the business as the drudgery of admin and keeping class info up to date is so much easier. When you offset the cost of my time sorting manual invoicing, checking if people have paid into the account and chasing those who have not and ensuring children's details are always up to date then the cost is actually incredibly cheap.

Pros

The ease of use, it takes a very little amount of time to get accustomed to the software. The support when you do need some help is extremely good and I am never stuck for long. I also love the fact that my staff are able to access the data for contact and medical details for children very easily and so there is no need for paper lists or issues with security of data.

Cons

Currently not able to automatically invoice each month, it is only manual but I believe this is in the pipeline. I also find setting up a term and removing the half terms a little over complicated as I tend to forget how to do it each term as it is 3 months between set up and it isn't that obvious. Easy when you know how but I think it could be simpler and more obvious.

Efficient, Effective web based application

They appear to test all new changes effectively reducing risk of bugs.

Pros

Membermeister has increased our income and efficiency enabling our team to effectively manage class bookings and invoicing

Excellent!

My Reps and his team made this an easy transition from our old software to this.

Pros

Very easy to use on site or on the move.

Cons

None that we have experienced so far with this software

Perfect software tool - backed with excellent support

MM saves me heaps of time and keeps everything running smoothly for me - worth every penny.

Pros

Seamless process to convert from basic excel spreadsheets - all taken care of by exceptional support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Cons

My 1 wish would be for the system to record credits for cancelled lessons and auto deduct from next invoice run.

Simple and effective to use

I run a dance school with roughly 200 students and this has been really effective for storing details, creating registers, generating and keeping a track of invoices and emailing customers. My customers pay blocks by calendar months and the system in place means this is done really easily.

Pros

I like that I can generate invoices quickly and simply & merge invoices for customers with multiple children in classes. Duplicating classes for the next block is straight forward and works ideally for me as my customers pay on a calendar month basis. Each month will have a different cost and this function makes this simple for invoicing as it works it out. Keeping track of payments is straight forward. I like the 'missing email address' function. Overall, everything is very straight forward and simple to run. I find this much better to previous database systems I have trialled as they were much more complicated. Aesthetically too I prefer Membermeister.

Cons

I would like to be able to set a different default for certain settings: Default payment option (it selects cheque for new customers but I would prefer it to select cash) First name Alphabetical order default when printing registers as a few times I've forgot to change to this. A 'back' button for going back to class payments after I have edited an invoice. I'd like to be able to define relationship of emergency contact details as these are not always 'parents'.

Everything in one place

Pros

Everything is in one place. Membermeister enables us to keep track of the various elements of the day-to-day running of our business, and makes it incredibly easy to keep up to date with everything - all in one place! The ease of use is fantastic and the support offered is second to none. It is rare I come across any issues with how to use the software, but if ever I do, the customer service is great. CSR is always incredibly helpful and informative!

Cons

I like that I am able to colour code each of class / terms, however, it would be even better if there was a way to only view specific colour groups!

We're thrilled about this review, and it's a pleasure working with you.

Excellent support

Membermeister manages all of the business needs of the dance school, with full traceability and ease of use for the staff. We can now create and modify schedules, invoice and record payment, message and track usage for all of our customers.

Pros

Membermeister addressed all of the needs for the business, and the support received is exceptional and timely.

Cons

I didn't prepare enough of the start up information to benefit from the incredible set up assistance from Membermeister.

Easy to use dance school management software from a company offering outstanding customer support

Our school has around 250 students and we run 40 classes a week in 3 locations. We use membermeister to manage all of our day to day data needs - class scheduling & registers, recording attendance, invoicing, sending Email and SMS messages. Our previous software did all of this and more, but was more complex to understand, and required more regular & confident use to be proficient. This was a key...

Pros

Ease of use, especially for a non-regular user The tagging functionality UK-based customer support The ongoing system development & the opportunity to add our thoughts and ideas into this process

Cons

Lack of built-in reporting tools - but that's changing Doesn't have a built-in synchronised interface to our accounting package - our previous software had this

Very satisfied

We are much more efficient using Membermeister than we were before.

Pros

We have found that this software greatly improved our efficiency. Integrating invoices to timetables and payments is extremely useful.

Cons

The only thing we would like is some way to integratE/connect direct debits with accounts when not associated with an invoice.

The transition to Membermeister has been an easy and positive one!

Pros

It is very simple to use, aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate your way around. I cannot rave enough about the customer representative and the help he has given us over the months we have been using it. We are a large and very busy school which has often meant turning to him for advise on how best to do things. He always then comes back with the support I require and leads me in the right direction. I have found it much easier to print registers, find information, email pupils etc than with previous systems. I feel the system is also very user friendly when it comes to training new members of staff or even our teachers (without an admin background) who need to use it from time to time too. Overall I am very happy with the move to Membermeister.

Cons

My only thing I would say is that due to our large volume of data in the system it can run slow especially when loading large pages like our student or term overview. This is the only reason I deducted one star from the Functionality score.

Many thanks Danielle, we're very pleased to hear that membermeister is working so well for you and it's great to have you on board!

Great and Helpful

Great to get some help and support from people who know how you work and are always there to help at anytime! the system really helps us work and look more professional than ever. Thank you

Pros

The system is so easy to work and does some fantastic features and makes things so easy and effortless. E mailing clients and students professionally along with easy to generate bills which used to take along time. Teachers can actually do registration on there phone to update the system!! Amazing

Cons

If teachers don’t update then it can be a nightmare, maybe a reminder is needed if no changes detected within 3 weeks? also the filter option and to generate bills for half the pupils isn’t functional enough.

Thank you Will for this fantastic review. We're very fortunate to be able to work with clients like yourself.

Membermeister- saving us time, resources and bringing us into the 21st Century

We were still stuck using spread sheets for registers and databases for records- it was out dated, time consuming and meant it all had to be done by one person. Options we looked out were either way too expensive and would be painful in the transition. We were recommended Membermeister and the user friendly interface, the easy transition and value for money made it an obvious choice for us. The...

Cons

Hi Ashling, it's great to hear what an improvement membermeister is to your business. It makes our work worthwhile - thanks so much for leaving us such a positive review.

I would be lost without Membermeister! I can't remember how I even kept track of everything before.

Pros

I love the ability to check payments, class numbers and all admin info in one place. The medical box is extremely helpful and so is the ability to print registers if needed. Being able to connect to GoCardless makes payment easier for our students and families and ties everything together professionally. Using TAGS has been useful, especially to when students need to move up an age group or to list what numbers they are in in a show or even to see how many boys you have v girls!

Cons

I would like to see totals at the end of some of the invoice/payment pages and on the front page when you hover on the bar chart. I would like to see the forecast revenue for each class reflect the actual amounts that include student discounts applied rather than the best possible cost. Although the link to GoCardless is excellent, we would like to see payments made a little quicker to our bank.

Many thanks for this fantastic review Amanda. We also appreciate your feedback. The GoCardless payouts should be quicker in the future as the latest update reuses existing mandates which shortens the payout cycle.

Amazing service!

Membermeister has been the best thing we’ve ever done at the dancing school. The system is fantastic and does everything we want it to do. It saves so much time, is very professional and a great form of communication. It helps with the monitoring of health and safety to record registers of attendance and personal data for if required in a medical emergency. Since having membermeister I don’t know what we would do without it!

Pros

Holds class timetable and student database. Easy access to contact parents. Creates invoices and reports to record payments.

Cons

Would like an easier feature to invoice a select amount of people for all the classes they do rather than everyone on the system as we have a dance school of over 500 but only have 200 paying for a month in one go.

Easy to use software, reduces time spent chasing payments,

More accurate records, less time chasing payments

Pros

I like the fact that we can now take payments directly into the bank, they are recorded accurately and I can see exactly who owes money

Cons

The only drawback is that have a complicated way of giving discount and the system doesn't quite allow for that, but it does allow to give discounts in other ways, I have just chose not to change at the moment.

Fantastic Product

Membermeister has transformed how efficient our business is and evolved with us as we have grown. It's so simple to use and enables us to easily track our students, class registers, timetables, invoices and messaging in one place. All our staff have their own username and different levels of access for security and we can use it on our mobile phones, tablets or laptop. Fantastic value for money and once we tried it we could never go back to how we used to manage.

Pros

Everything, It will streamline your business.

Cons

Can't think of one single thing

Thank you for your brilliant review Neil, we're really happy to hear that membermeister is working so well for you.

Membermeister has made the running of our dance studio MUCH more straightforward.

It makes our admin much simpler and more efficient.

Pros

The best thing about it is everything is in one place: student info, communications, invoices and so on, rather than having to hop between different bits of software. The fact that an enquiry can come through our website and go straight onto the Membermeister system is awesome, it saves a lot of time and labour.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little clumsy or long-winded to have to come back to a main page to move on, ie it would be good to have "Next" buttons for students and classes. Also we hope that soon we can integrate our monthly gocardless direct debits too, alongside the invoiced gocardless payments.

Thanks for your excellent review. We've considered adding a dropdown menu to allow you to jump from one class to another, it sounds like that would be useful to you and we'll try and expedite that feature.

A Business Essential!

As working mothers who also own a dance school, Membermeister has proved to us to be a business essential! From communication to invoicing Membermeister saves us valuable time allowing us to focus more on our business.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, multi-functionality.

Cons

That we did not start using the software sooner!

Brilliant! Thank you Emma!