OnMat Logo

OnMat

Membership management solution for martial arts studios

OnMat Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.59/10

Reviews by rating

The attendance and enrollment features are wonderful. We also really enjoy being able to check the students progress in class and communicate that easily to the parents.
That's why I titled this "Always Improving. Eric and his staff are continually making this program easy to work with, reliable, cost effective and overall compatible with the needs of owners.
From financial to student management OnMat is the best software. I enjoy the freedom of the cloud based software.
Toggle between windows, having 2 windows open at once. Also, having a question before automatically refunding a customer by accident.
I feel like they actually listen and are concerned if I ever have a problem.
Before using OnMat I was wasting 2-3 hours per week, now this time is used productively.

OnMat is great!

Pros

This software keeps the business side of our martial arts school organized! From attendance to creating memberships, communications to payments. It does it and does it well. This was the first studio software that we used. Before we were old school notebooks and such. The best feature of this software though. Is the customer representative and the dedicated team at Jiba Soft. When we have specific needs from a technical problem to adding functionality they are very responsive. Taking the time to get it right and execute! We are happy with this software and will continue to use it!

Cons

There are times when there is a learning curve to figure out how to best use it. Usually a quick phone call gets it resolved though.

KT

Kim T.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Easiest software we’ve used!

The customer service is so great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always answers my questions very fast.

Pros

I love how simple this software is. It is easy to teach new staff.

Cons

Not being able to choose a specific waiver to sign for each individual membershuo

Hello Kim, thank you for your review. We actually can assign specific membership agreements (contracts, waivers) to specific membership packages... I will reach our to you to show you how. Thanks, JIBASoft Team

BB

Brian B.

IMS Academy Review

It's been a few years now with the software, and except for a few functionality issues , The customer service team is great, which makes up for it. Mostly it would be nice to be able to use the same software on my home computer, and w Apples' planned obsolescence program, my iPad is getting old, so not looking forward to having to buy a new one just to keep this software going.

Pros

Pretty reliable and easy to use.

Cons

I have had a few accounts that I either canceled or changed the $ amount and the software did not respond, resulting in the refund checks. I wish there were more options and more intuitive functionality

SD

Seth D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Saves time on many levels

First, the developers have been great. Communication is responded to quickly, and any random glitches I've encountered are address and fixed. I feel like they actually listen and are concerned if I ever have a problem. And then they fix it! I don't have experience using other martial art or member-management software, but I chose OnMat ~7? years ago after getting demos of several other products....

Pros

- Intuitive Interface. It was easy to learn and figure out, and easy to teach my employees the basics. - Streamlines many functions of running a martial arts school - Has a parent portal to give access to the student, their progress, and curriculum - Simplified. Everything I needed, without a bunch of extra stuff I probably wouldn't use anyways - The developers seem to be making improvements constantly.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike. There are a couple things I could see as feature that might be added in the future. Sometimes a screen takes a long time to load. Although this has improved with recent updates.

LZ

Lucien Z.

Unrivaled responsiveness!

I really appreciate the efforts that the customer service team go through to problem solve and add features as needed!

Pros

We first started using OnMat after 20 years of running our school, when we wanted to bring our business into the 21st century. We had before OnMat been using a paper sign-in sheet for attendance. I have been largely happy with the software and the price is half that of the competition. Here is where On Mat really shines through, if I need a feature they are very responsive and try to build it out for us quickly! Customer service team are always striving to improve on our experience and have been very generous with their time. I love that I can make a phone call, talk to a real person and get my issue resolved!

Cons

It may not be quite as feature packed as the competition but it is half of what they cost!

AT

Abbie T.

Love all the features!

Overall we absolutely love the program. It has added a lot of value to our program.

Pros

The attendance and enrollment features are wonderful! We also really enjoy being able to check the students progress in class and communicate that easily to the parents. Our students really enjoy being able to watch videos of their requirements at home that are uploaded to the curriculum.

Cons

Having to pass every student individually after a test even though they were all marked passed. 2 days after all my students still said test in progress. Lol. It wasn't until I went back into the test and went to each person that I could pass and SAVE which was the issue that took more time. I thought passing all of them as a group would do that. Having that would be a much better option.

Hello Abbie, Thanks for your review! There is a new feature called "pass-all" that you will see at the bottom of the Test Results screen. This pass-all will pass all students in the group so you don't have to do individually saving time. If you don't see that option, please make sure you update OnMat from the Apple App store. Thank You! JIBASoft Team

KT

Kyle T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

The best out there!

We changed to OnMat about 4 years ago, after doing extensive research into what was available. I have to say, that the team at JIBA Soft has continually met, and exceeded my expectations. From ease of use, to seeing my school at a glance, this software allows me to focus on teaching class, instead of billing. I also love that it automatically sends out a belt testing report card, so that parents can see how their child is doing. We have over 230 students, and I would highly recommend this management software to anyone, wether you are a new school, a large school, or have multiple locations.

Pros

Ease of use. Belt testing setup. Built in point of sale system for pro shop. Effortless billing. Easy sign up for new students. Easy to customize to your specific school needs. A major part of my schools growth and success!

DM

Dennis M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best Software for small businesses!

Works great End-to-End. Takes care of my administrative tasks in one app. Great training tool helps me monitor and assess my students' progress. Also informs the student's and their parents of progress and keeps them involved and engaged. The interface is simple and easy to use. Whats best is the customer support. They are a call or an email away. They take care of issues and questions with a quickness and are on top of problem solving specific issues or scenarios. Great Job guys!

Pros

Takes care of my billing needs and concerns. The curriculum monitoring is great as well. What I like the most is that the software is what you make it. It can be simple and streamlined if you want, or you can add it with links and videos to make it the most comprehensive platform possible

Cons

Would be nice to have the OnMat Now app (parent/student side) designed for the iPad as well as the iPhone. Its a small thing, but would be nice. Currently the OnMat Now app is also downloadable through the iPad if you choose the iPhone version, though.

BG

Bonnie G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Students love checking in - no more attendance book!

Although it took a bit of work to transfer our membership database, the support was always helpful and readily available. Our kids love checking in and sometimes cluster around to check their friends in and look at each other's photos. It is not completely suited to our membership as we are not a karate school, but the support has been open to taking some suggestions. We've been using it for about half a year. So far, so good.

Pros

Great for tracking attendance, automatic invoicing and late payment notice features (although I haven't yet used them; once I do I'm sure it will make life easier). Having photos is handy, especially with new students whom the instructors don't recognize yet.

Cons

I prefer using my own email, instead of OnMat's email. Group emails can be sent, but it didn't seem like there was a way for people to reply all and communicate with each other. It's best for blanket announcements.

Lucien Z.

Finally stepped into the 20th century

We did not get into to teaching Martial arts because we love paperwork! This software has made a huge impact, streamlining our organizations logistical process! Leaving us time to do what we do best, and that's teach!

Pros

Helps organize our check in process, sign up process, track attendance and tuition. This is turn key! From data, to communication, to credit card processing! It is awesome!

Cons

This is not perfect but as close as can be found!

JN

JAMES N.

Always Improving

I am the owner of All American Martial Arts Inc. in Saint Augustine Florida. Approximately three years ago while opening a box from Moto I discovered a card with JibaSoft information on it, so I logged into the website, watched the tutorial and was intrigued. Within about one month we were fully up and running with the OnMat system. One of my favorite things about this product is it did away with...

Pros

It's in an IPad so it can be with you at all times.

Cons

Do not have the ability to change, add or delete different things within the system

DA

Dawn A.

Pick me!!!

So grateful for the staff ( Eric) for being my right hand man and usaully my left too . Computers and software programs are definitely my weakness . The program is very user friendly if you like technology . Eric has been great walking me through step by step every time I've run into an issue ( usually operator fault ) . Customer service is above and beyond ; especially with the 3 hour time difference . Yes there are a few glitches but nothing is perfect . Jibasoft offers more services than I need to run my business , but the options are great . Also the price is comparable .

Pros

Cons

The scroll on dates ! How I cannot choose my payment date for 1 time payments . Always sets payment on the day information is entered not the day one would like it taken out !

Thank You for your feedback! On month-to-month (auto-renew) payment plans, select the ¿1st Payment¿ button and change the payment date to the desired date. For long term memberships (not auto renew), push the ¿Down Payment¿ button and change to desired date, then change ¿Installments¿ to single payment. We will put up a video in our tutorials on our website to help demonstrate.

PT

Patty T.

Excellent Product!

I am extremely happy with our decision to transition to OnMat! The support staff has been incredibly helpful and the customer service has far exceeded my expectations. The transition was made much easier thanks to his patience, knowledge and immediate responses to questions and concerns. He truly walks you through each step and is more than willing to help owners customize the product to meet your...

CK

Christine K.

OnMat the Taekwondo Geniuses

Our studio ATC Medford has been using OnMat since the Alpha version and for every improvement, it has enhanced our abilities to remain 'On The Mat' during studio time. The database as well as the OnMat now app has given us the capability to continue to interact with the students as well as the parents while being visible On The Mat at all times!

Pros

Being visible at all times.

Cons

Toggle between windows, having 2 windows open at once. Also, having a question before automatically refunding a customer by accident)

EG

Edward G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Best Martial arts software

On Mat has simplified my taekwondo program. It has made staffing, student enrollment simple and easy. Onmat allows me to spend more time teaching then processing .

Pros

I line that on Mat can we use from any tablet anywhere . With one Mat I can manage my school from any state anywhere at anytime .

Cons

I would also like for all the functionalities be accessible on a desktop .

EC

Elvis C.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Changed my way of business

Big changer in my business

Pros

Easy Registration, testing, belt ordering, easy access on my IPad & see all my income at a touch of a button...

Cons

I don’t think that I disliked anything in this system all is good...

JS

Jason S.

World karate staff

We have used many martial arts studio organizers. Most you have to be a computer wiz to navigate through them (not Jibasoft) it's iPad app makes managing testings, students,attendance and accounts recieveables easy. Thank you ONMAT

Pros

It helps keep the office cleaner with no paper.

Cons

Slower loading time in landscape mode Vs portrait

CL

Christie L.

OnMat changed my life!

Any time I have a problem, My executive has been great with support!

Pros

I love the fact that OnMat enables me to manage our school electronically and with ease! No more papers, no more chasing payments, no more manually changing ranks after testing. It’s phenomenal and I love it!

Cons

The data entry for setup is a bit cumbersome but totally understandable.

DL

Dong L.

Sports, self-employed

I highly recommend this software for any martial arts school owners.

I've been using this product for a few years and I'm still discovering the benefits of it. I know this will make my life easier as I get to understand and work with it more.

Pros

Easy to use and very functional

Cons

Not having access to email on the actual app.

MS

Matt S.

1-10 employees

Simple, powerful and efficient

My experience with Jibasoft has been incredible. I've used 3 other Martial Arts software systems and only found them expensive, hard to use and poor service. My students love using the iPad and love to see their attendance record. The testing feature, which I'm getting set up, will be invaluable.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to be in increased communication with my students. The on Mat system has allowed me to be more organized and get rid of unneeded paper work. The support is incredible. Whenever I run into trouble they are quick to help and over assistance.

JQ

Jose Q.

A gift from heaven

Amazing

Pros

Love this software because it saves my time and lots of money .

Cons

Don’t have something I don’t like. But if I do I’ll let you know haha

RK

Rick K.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

on mat review

Have been using it for a couple of years, great improvments.

SS

Stacey S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Very Effective System

We have been very happy with this program. The service is phenomenal. I ask Eric a question and he gets back to me at all hours of the day. The program itself has helped with our testings, promotions, and management of our students.

Pros

Tracks almost all aspects of Martial Arts. Constantly improving.

Cons

Wish the program synced with Quickbooks online seamlessly.

JD

Jon D.

Drastically Different

We’ve been using OnMat for just over six months. It’s such an improvement over our old system that was full of bugs and overly complicated to use. Everyday studio life has returned to focusing on our students.

Pros

Easy to learn Simple yet smart Parent friendly

Cons

Improved reports Ability to see sent emails Ability to see customer specific statements

MR

Mandi R.

Education Management, self-employed

ProTKD OnMat Review

Our experience with OnMat has been nothing but positive. Customer Service is top notch and the product has been very functional for our school!

Pros

Automated Emails

Cons

Ability to deactivate clients