PT Distinction

Worlds highest rated coaching software for personal trainers

visit website

PT Distinction Reviews

Pros

It’s ease of use once you get used to everything. Good support and get back to you super fast also extra support if you decide to join ptd ninja which I really like.

Jessica R.

It's a fantastic time saver for a personal trainer. I have time to help more people, and with even better results than before.

Peter S.

The support team is awesome, theres a fb group to help you out with questions and they are constantly making it better.

mateo u.

Cons

I switched over from MyPTHub because I was having a horrible experience with them.

Aaron D.

The app freezes and clients lose their workout tracking when their phone locks - PTD blames user error but this never happened with trainerize.

The lack of responsibility that they seem to take in tackling this very clear BUG does not sit well with me. The search feature in the mobile app does not work period.

Awesome: Highly Recommend

Transcript

Heather G.: Hi, my name is Heather and I'm the co-owner of a personal training studio, giving PT Distinction...

Game-Changer, Life-saver, The core of my business

Transcript

Jonathan M.: My name is Jonathan, I am a nutrition coach, so I work in the health and fitness industry....

The best online training software!

PT Distinction has saved me enormous amounts of time when it comes to programming workouts for my online clients. I can programme months in advance very quickly. This is a huge benefit to me.

Pros

The workout builder is by far the best and easiest to use of all the softwares I have tried. The app is so simple to use and provides everything I need for my online coaching business.

Cons

No- I love it all! However, the only thing I would suggest is perhaps creating a meal plan within the app itself.

Fast. Reliable and really cool!

To be able to create memberships has been such a great feature for me! I’ve always wanted to learn more about this. PTD has everything in one space. Allowing me to have everything in one space has been freeing up so much time and decreasing the stress around building my online business.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to use. Helping me save time and overthinking. The PTD University is such a great feature and helped me get setup in no time!

Cons

I would love to have a app for the trainer. This way I can get instant notifications from clients and track their efforts.

Lots of Integrations - Overall Poor UI - Slow Development and Lots of Bugs & Unattractive Features

I am continuing the things I don't like here because I have been cut off above .... 6.) The client can automatically see once a message has been read- sometimes we have to dig deeper to get our clients the best possible response and this means we cannot respond right away. This makes for terrible customer service optics because it looks like we have "read" the message without responding. 7.) The...

Pros

PTD has a lot of capabilities and integrations.

Cons

I wish that I had more good things to say about PTD. We made the switch from Trainerize to create an overall more integrated experience for our clients -- I was drawn to PTD only for the google sheets integration which is big for our client delivery - however PTD has many issues 1.) The UI looks very old and looks as though it hasn't been updated in years. It's slow - to me it looks like something...

Highly recommended

Pros

Pt Distinction has checked off all boxes for me and my business. My clients love the ease of use within my own branded app that they provided me. They use the system for all their workouts, and I fully believe that their progress has been impacted by the fact that they have an easy to use program that I can adjust, and vary because there are hundreds of different workouts that I can add.

Cons

My clients haven't had any issues with the software at all, so since they are happy, I am very happy with everything provided.

Hands down the best coaching software I have used!

I have been coaching for 20 years and over the years have used numerous software for clients programming, scheduling and nutrition. I always found there to be features that were missing, customer service would take hours to get back to you when you have an issue and they were very expensive. With PT distinction, you know that it was designed by someone who knows about coaching. Just simple things like being able to input exercise tempo and intensity when prescribing exercises. These little things for me are very important. I own a Personal Training facility and have recommended to all of my coaches that they all use this software to help them run there businesses more efficiently but ultimately get better adherence and results for their clients.

Pros

Everything! The professional layout, the programming, scheduling, ease of use for client, the ability to be able to track habits, assessments etc.

Cons

The only complaint I would have from a clients perspective is that when they track workout results on the app. When you type in say your load and reps for a particular set, if you come out of app or phone turns off, it wipes all of the results for that workout, even if you have clicked save set.

Great product! Highly recommend it.

Everything is much more streamlined with PTD, and professional looking.

Pros

It is very simple to use to start getting a lot of clients great results and keep track of them.

Cons

Exercise library could be a little bigger, but it is easy to add in your own exercises and videos from YouTube.

Such a great program

Such a great way to get training content to my online clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love that I can personally check in with all my clients on a daily basis through the software. Plus I can reach out to multiple clients at the same time. Super easy to set up training programs, nutritional information. But the absolute best feature so far is implementing my own training videos for certain exercises. My clients love seeing me explain the exercises. Also, PTD has so much content already available, it's never a challenge to make new programs for my clients.

Cons

I couldn't find a smooth application for client payments within PTD that could also be used on my website. And the app has glitches - Sometimes my clients cannot hear the audio through the app.

Has opened my mind to the possibilities of online training

When I started with P Distinction I had hopes that it would do the majority of the things that I need for my business but it does so much more. So many things to help scale so you don't have to be spending all your time trying to keep up with your clients. I love it!

Pros

I like that it does everything you can think of that you would need to run an online training business.

Cons

There are just a few things that are difficult to get to work the way that I want but I am still learning. There is so much to learn.

Great Software for PT's

I switched to PT distinction from another software and it was a much quicker way of creating programs and assigning them to clients. I am still a beginner in the profession but believe this software will help tremendously in my new PT business and have recommended it to others as well.

Pros

Onboarding process is super quick Using groups for automation is a game changer Exercise library is extensive Community and support is amazing Customising the app with your branding creates another level of professionalism PT distinction university helps a lot

Cons

Takes a while to navigate through everything if you haven't been through the training videos Would be great if the app was for coaches and not just clients

Exceptional product

Pros

Being able to track clients meals and progress as well as customize the application to my needs made it a 10/10 for me

Cons

Absolutely no cons with it. I would always choose it over any product

The BEST personal training software, hands down

Pros

Almost every time I ask “I wonder if PT distinction can do this” the answer is yes. There are SO many features that I love that make this software so much more superior than anything else on the market. Here are a few of my favorites: -automation capabilities: PTD makes it super easy to automate your business with all of the options offered inside of the software. It’s super easy to just set it up...

Cons

The only things I don’t love about PTD are: -the fact that the timer doesn’t vibrate the phone or appear larger for clients using the app (however many apps don’t even have a timer feature so I digress) - the group chat feature does not allow users to appear with their names, only initials which can quickly get confusing. I opt to use another form of communication for my group programs. -there is no simple way to quickly view client compliance. The software makes you review the activity one by one (think each individual exercise) as opposed to a quick view of how many workouts a client has completed or how many days in a row they have stuck to their habits. (Although word on the street is that this will be improved in a major update coming soon)

Global expansion

The software and the company has grown since I started over 3 years ago. Everyone was very helpful and the support and education they have in place now is the best. They have a great community with users that are always willing to help each other. This software made it very easy to expand my business globally.

Pros

PTDistinction is a robust application that enables the personal trainer to services many clients at the same time. The ability to have multiple groups with different programs, schedules, videos, and run automatically is one of the best features. I also love that I can create my own exercise videos so my clients get to see me demonstrating the exercise for them. I can also use the library of exercises for variety for my clients.

Cons

Getting everything set up on your own the first time was challenging. Now they have the Online University that steps you through how to set everything up and guides you on how to be successful with the software.

I can say YES to every question now

I have basically everything i would tell my client to do as home work in the palm of their hands. A video series to should proper form when ever they need. Typically trainers are just trainers not video gurus so having the reference is perfect. My benefit from the program is using it to train multiple people at once and get more results. BES THING IS I DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF TO MY CLIENTS OVER AND OVER. I let the app do it.

Pros

I can give anyone I meet an automated program and still work with other clients. I can create custom routines to give my clients as homework and reference so if they forget anything its there all in one place. and the ORGANIZATION is amazing, easy to track everything and to see progress.

Cons

The android app features are still catching up and not as user friendly as the IOS app. Such as seeing pictures or uploading pictures.

An Absolute Must For Any Online Personal Trainer

PT Distinction is far the best online personal training / coaching programme I have used, in my experience. I have used others in the past, which were good, but for the price you pay, PTD is far more advanced, user friendly (for client and trainer) and the support you get is second-to-none. The PTD University is great too, as it shows you exactly how to do things. And in a few clicks you're on your way.

Pros

The ease of use for both trainer and client, especially V.3. The software is very clear, useable and easy to learn, even if you're not a technical wizz. All the sections are logical - "Coaching" is where you would find things that you would use to coach your client. "Tracking" is where you would expect things to be tracked. The scheduling of emails and messages are a really useful tool and really easy to use.

Cons

Although the messaging and email service is excellent, I do find that I have to resync my email server with it - Really don't know why and may just be a glitch. But apart from that, it's great!

PTD is a life saver

My overall experience is that I absolutely love this app and am thankful for being part of the team and a member as well.. This software has saved me so much time while also assisting me in giving my members the best service. The alerts, messaging, workouts, scheduling, calendar and all the features in this app is why I will continue using this application and why I fell in love with PTD and why the monthly fee does not matter to me because PTD deserves every penny.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to work with and set up especially for those who are just starting out and do not have a back end system built in order to assist members. This is such a time saver and the fact that this app allows for group messaging, alerts, and simple but super necessary features, is why I have been using PTD for 3 years+.

Cons

Could have complete customization rather than having members download the base form app and then having to manually change icon. This is present in all similar software in the market place though and is not an issue that PTD has alone. This is because Apple the company, made new app store rules which does not allow for third party hosting like it used to.

The game changer I needed for my business

Time is important to me and initially, it took time to set up but now I concentrate on other things whilst the business runs itself giving me many hours back each week.

Pros

The system is an amazing asset to my business. I have an automated button on my website which leads the client to the PT distinction software allowing them to join and download their very own app which is branded to my business. Once they have gained access they enter a 12-week fat loss course which automates emails with all learning tools, educational videos, and much more straight to the client...

Cons

I would like to see at the end of a program the client being congratulated and letting them know if they have achieved any personal bests, this was a good area my old software gave.

Why PTD is the best software if you want to save time and make your life easier

PTD was the first investment I made into my business. I coach Nurses and realized their time is too valuable to waste doing things that were unnecessary. And it was happening just because I didn't want to invest in a software. I was using Excel spreadsheets and PDF files and thought I was just replacing it to something more professional. But oh boy was I wrong. I got just so much more. This is a tremendous...

Pros

6 main things that I absolutely love about PTD: - Their support is just unmatched. I wish I could have this kind of support in my business. Your difficulties and doubts are always answered. If you want to do something and don't know how they'll literally guide you. And they do this fast. I just sent an e-mail at 1:27 AM and got a response at 11:52 AM. It's nuts. - Organization. Everything is in here,...

Cons

You have to dedicate yourself to learn this. Since it offers so many different things to suit your style of coaching, it has a lot of stuff to learn. Once you get the principles and connect everything together, it becomes easy. If you're willing to learn, you can save a ton of time not having to do the same things yourself when they can be automatized. It's a huge potential benefit. But if you want...

The best out there and I have used quite a few to get to PTD

Not only is the software top drawer. the help you get from the guys is second to none. My dealings with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular have been very helpful. They even have an Online University which is extremely helpful. if you are a PT and want to enhance what you offer. This is the software for you!!!

Pros

PTD is everything you possibly need as a PT. It keeps your clients, diary, payments, programmes, habit tracking, emails and messages all in one handy place. With the recent updatye on Android now complete it is the perfect package. It has been especially helpful in recent times with clients having to train at home because of Covid. Even better as it is a useful tool when doing my Zoom PT sessions as I can show clients the videos of what exercises are in their programmes and go through them with them. Easy!!!!

Cons

Two things that I think would enhance it would be : 1. Better nutritional plans. This would really make it the PERFECT system out there. 2. A Marketplace where we could purchase ready made programmes, food plans and content,

Game-Changer, Life-saver, The core of my business

Phenomenal. I love the responsiveness of the team. within 24h they get back to me, every single time. The software definitely has a learning curve, but they have shortened it dramatically with their PTD ninja courses, and it has made my quality of work so much better.

Pros

I can't begin to count the number of hours this software saves me, and allows me to free up an incredible amount of time, so that I'm able to spend more time working with my clients, and less time on menial administrative functions. It makes the entire process so easy, to the extent I can (and have) clients sign up from my website, submit payment, and start into my programs before I ever have personal contact with them. I never have to worry about my clients being taken care of, because of how this software allows me to create multiple touchpoints for my clients over the course of a week, without me having to always be connected to it.

Cons

Well, since the upgraded, updated Android app, I'm pretty much over the moon. If I was to have 1 feature that I wish could exist, I would like it to have a more robust CRM, in particular, email tracking of opens and link clicks. But really, that would just be the icing on top.

Thank you for the incredible review Jonathan. We're happy PT Distinction saves you so much time and helps you ensure your clients are always taken care of.

The Hybrid Specialist

My overall experience with PTD has been great. Especially when the country shutdown back in March 2020. Because of PTD I now run a Hybrid business (a mixture of face to face and online). So when the shut down happened there was a seamless transition for all of my face to face clients. All I hade to do was change gym workouts to home based workouts for both my face to face and online clients. I felt really great for my clients and my business at that point. My clients didn't miss a beat (some came back stronger) and nor did my finances. I did feel bad for some of my fellow trainers, whom I told about PTD but didn't listen and for that they suffered.

Pros

What I like the most about PTD is the ease of use. The ease in not only adding a new client but, through groups, setting up every aspect of their program in less than 10 minutes. Speaking of groups, using the video instructions, I was able to set up my programs (strength, fat loss and muscle builder) in less than a week. The other thing I like about PTD is how easily it integrates with my website, paypal and other apps such as fitbit, myzone and myfitpal. This makes it so easy to monitor my clients activity, effort and eating. There is more that I really like such as the messaging center, the ability to watch client technique through video and the interval timer but I don't have that much time.

Cons

What I like least is that it's very robust. I mean, there's alot at your fingertips.. To the point that it's very easy to get overwhelmed trying to set everything up. I actually, quit. I got overwhelmed because I tried to set everything up all at one time. Big mistake. But here's the cool part, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] reached out to me to find out why I stop my subscription. That meant the world to me. He got me back inline and it's been awesome ever since

Thank you for the amazing review Daryll. We're so pleased you had your hybrid coaching all set up before the pandemic hit and your coaching and finances haven't suffered at all.

PT Distinction Walks the Talk

The software has allowed me to continue with my business through the pandemic. I am able to move in-person training clients to the app and also use it as part of remote/video training service.

Pros

PT Distinction is easy to use and fits into my business concept of building relationships. It is incredibly easy to provide services to my clients. But where PT Distinction truly excels far and above is their customer support. They provide several avenues for support including email, Facebook support groups, and YouTube video instruction. They are clearly interested in building relationships with their customers.

Cons

From my client's perspective, there are some minor annoyances mainly in using the software mostly related to timer / workout integration. But as they see how flexible the app is, they are enjoying it. From my perspective as a trainer, it would be nice to be able to do more client management from the smartphone app (though if there is, I have not found how to do it yet). Also, it is not set up well to run a group "class" workout easily. This would be a nice option.

Thank you Kevin. We try hard to provide great support! Re: timer and workout integration for your clients, both of these are already in the app so clients shouldn't need to integrate anything, but please reach out to our team if you're trying to set up something different that we may be able to help with. Re: Making changes on your phone, you can login on your phone via the main web portal and it loads as a web app, this gives you all tools to coach your clients, create programs etc.. on your mobile. We're happy we've helped you during the pandemic and allowed you to grow an online business that will continue to grow when the world goes back to normal.

Best PT software out there

Customer service has always been top notch, very glad that android has finally caught up. Keep it up!

Pros

The customization of the software is great, you can make it your own and on the client side its come a long way. Putting your own custom workouts in is great, and any PDFs, coaching videos etc is really handy.

Cons

Certain features I feel could be worked on. The schedule was always a little buggy for me so I stopped using it a while back - would be good if clients could use it to put in non-scheduled workouts. The adherence chart is a good idea but IMO needs to look more like a calendar than a daily tick sheet. Food diary is OK but would be better if MFP could work through it (So I just use it separately) Also the ability to take these out of view, rather than just have an empty section.

Thank you Luke. Lots of good news for you... - You can integrate MFP, in fact we have the most complete integration of My Fitness Pal of any software! - Clients can also add items to their schedule by going to the schedule and clicking Add. - The schedule should be perfect so if you've had an issue there please let us know and we'll check out your set up for you. - The adherence chart...

Completely Re-Shaped My Life

I was planning on setting up with PT Distinction a long time ago, but never got round to it. Then the CoVID19 pandemic forced my hand, and I can honestly say - it's the greatest business decision I've ever made. Not only has it allowed my clients to actually thrive during the lockdown, and allowed me to support them mentally and physically throughout - it's given me a balance in my life that I never thought possible with the number of clients I have. Completely life changing.

Pros

The ability to educate and empower my athletes, along side programming. It's not just about giving the clients exercises, but being able to actively COACH them throughout the whole process is a game changer.

Cons

I would like a little more versatility when it comes to personalising the coaching points for individual exercises. Each exercise has coaching points in text format and video formatting - which is brilliant. But having a section on the prescription of each movement (the same place you have the sets, reps, load, time etc.) where you can personalise and prescribe the unique execution for that individual. For example - "focus more on biasing weight distribution through your heels" during the squat - would be an absolute game changer for me.

Thank you for the amazing review Jonathon, I'm so happy PT Distinction has had such a big impact on your clients coaching and on your life. Regarding individualising exercise descriptions for specific clients you can do this in the program builder by clicking the 3 dot menu on an exercise and selecting exercise settings, any edits to the description here will only show in the program you are currently building and not across all clients.

Excellent software for online training, best out there

No problems at all, whenever I've had a question the response was fast

Pros

I believe this is the best software available today for online personal training (but not for live, in-person training, so if you need that look at PT Enhance or My PT Hub). Includes your own branded app that lets clients do their assigned workouts and lets the trainer view video of clients performing movements, which to me was a must-have feature (there are only 1-2 other software providers that currently have this, and their feature sets are not as good as PTD). PTD also lets all of your clients use the software for free for the first 30 days, a must if you are going to run online challenges. PTD even has tons of free resources about how to be successful as an online trainer. To me they are a no-brainer.

Cons

They do not integrate the trainer's calendar with Google calendar, Apple etc which makes it not great for in-person training (but they don't market this software for that anyway, they market it as being great for online training. So I'm not sure if it's fair to call that a Con.) Also as of this writing the Android app is not fully functional compared to the Apple app, which means my clients with Android phones are often better off using the web browser on their phone rather than the app. Other than that I can't think of any negatives, love this software.

The best PT software on the market

Excellent. Outstanding.

Pros

Super versatile, easy to copy, paste and adapt workouts and nutrition to different clients. Also add and distribute new workouts and nutrition to big groups of existing clients at the same time. Workout building is easy and can be personalised - the app is waaaay better now. All the tracking for clients metrics, photos, food diary is great. Simple integration with paypalm myfitness pal, youtube. I'm only really starting to realise how powerful this software is. The tech support is superb. A human being responds to you with the answer in 24hrs or less.

Cons

Took me a while to get used to the logic - but once I did everything much easier. There is a whole library of how to videos and guides. Once you sign up there are free courses to guide you through everything - not only the technical sides of using the software but how to sell and get clients. Although a bit daunting at first it's actually pretty simple. Any complications arise from the options available which make it so versatile.

Thank you for the incredible review Anthony!