SmartRec Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.12/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I like the ability to integrate the store via iFrame, as well as their customer service. Their help staff are all great.
Amilia has been a great help to us, helping boost revenue and making our lives easier with its features.
Invoices for corporate accounts are terrible (no editable, not credits or additional fees). Students from corporate accounts are difficult to registration from an account level (not family-enrolled).
What they lack in customization is the number of reports they offer; however that is not always enough.
The account code reporting for registrations received is complicated and hard to run/find. The customer side is very difficult the very first time.

RO

Rhys O.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Amazing Registration Platform with an Outstanding Team!

Everything is all in one place. The system allows our program to keep things organized and works within our business framework. It makes things simple for us on the business end of things and clients on the consumer end of things.

Pros

Amilia is a great platform with tons of features. There was a learning curve when adopting the platform, however the on-boarding and support team were super pleasant to work with (and still are). Suggestions that I have made have been implemented and team does actually value input from the clients to find ways to make the system better.

Cons

While not an overall deterrent, it was difficult to manage payments in some cases as payment info was not saved. This however has been amended and now clients can choose to save their credit card info. It would be beneficial to have all payment info automatically saved, however I understand the stipulations and hold-backs on this (privacy etc). A few other items that I’ve had have been resolved and the system has been updated accordingly!

NF

Natalie F.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Good software but not for my business

I was sold something that I was unable to use after being promised that it could be customized to fit my business. There is a contract involved and I ended up paying for 2 different platforms since Amilia was not something that I could work with.

Pros

Many features with plenty of bells and whistles. Can be customized to an extent and would be a useful platform for many businesses.

Cons

I was not able to use the software for my business. It showed families the amount a year of classes would cost and wouldn't allow for the payment options that they have been accustomed to since I opened. Setup was tedious and very complex.

JD

Jennifer D.

Amilia

Overall it is ok

Pros

The activities are easy to set up. Clients are easy to put in

Cons

Reports- I would like more detailed reports- It would be nice to pull a report on multipass use- date and time How it lags- it is super slow at times

JS

Jason S.

Amilia Review

Love it!

Pros

It is very user friendly for staff and customers.

Cons

The contract section needs to have a few more features.

Thanks so much for the review Jason! We're happy to hear you love using Amilia :)

GP

Gord P.

The People Make it Great

One of the best companies I have dealt with

Pros

Easy to set up Lots of Flexibility to deal with different scenarios Staff is accountable and fixes problems very quickly

Cons

If there is a flaw it is that team makes the platform so customizable that sometimes snags occur.

DD

Dean D.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Amilia Review and suggestions

Overall, I'd say Amilia has worked for me for my position. I know for some of my supervisors there seems to be a lot of features that could be improved regarding scheduling and programming. Amilia has appeared to be receptive to feedback and have continued to try to improve their product, which is good to see. I hope that the product continues to get better and better.

Pros

I do appreciate that Amilia is pretty straight forward in its implementation. Most features do what they say they do. While there are some kinks still to be ironed out, the customer service has been pretty responsive with any problems we run into. It's great seeing Amilia continually improve and take feedback.

Cons

While Amilia can be straightforward, it's not particularly streamlined. There's a lot of quality of life updates that I would like to see implemented to help us help our customers better. 1. The Client Billing and Purchases Tabs - These tabs, while functionally they work fine, are a hassle to navigate for members that have lots of purchases and cancellations. Filters can help, but with classes...

Thanks so much for your thorough review Dean! We will take this feedback to the product team.

EM

Eli M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A promising software but still has some ways to go.

Pros

- Available in French as well as English, a necessity in Montreal - ASTOUNDING customer service! and that's coming from someone who trains customer service departments! - Decent programming flexibility for Dance studios and service providers - Space rental programming included

Cons

- Difficult learning curve for our clients - Lack of real integration with website (only nested window) - Unintuitive purchasing process for services (and products) for clients, even those who are familiar with the software - Primitive phone app (Android & iOS) with very little functionality to go along with the main program, for both clients and administrators. - Steep learning curve for administrators...

Hi Eli - thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We will take this feedback to the product team. Have a great day!

AK

Arisa K.

Good software

We joined Amilia when it was in its earlier years, when the customer service was more personal. Now fast forward a few years later, with successful growth, and the customer service is not as it used to be. Also, amidst the current global pandemic of March 2020, we did not feel like they were empathetic to their main customer base's realities. Overall, the product is fine, with space to grow, but the customer service needs to step back to its roots.

Pros

We appreciate the website integration, and ongoing added features that help us better operate.

Cons

We are having a hard time with the bookkeeping aspect of it; having to go on another platform to check deposits, and not being able to automatically reconcile operations so we still have to do it by hand in 2020. Our customers are also having a hard time with the ease of use of the interface; we have gotten many calls that some were unable to register due to photo file restriction and other issues.

JM

Joe M.

Executive Office, self-employed

Amilia - Great Program

They have a great customer service fleet of people. They return emails in the morning, and ask if your issue has been looked after.

Pros

The easy integration into our club. Once easily set up, we can now see who is purchasing, with all the and track what they are purchasing as well. Before it was too hard to see where they were registered in multiple classes

Cons

Hmmm. I know there were a couple things, but don't recall...They were a couple "Nice to haves", but nothing crazy. Would be nice to have an interactive ability to send messages to all clients like TeamSnap.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Great support with average software functions

Installments and discounts are easily created to apply to multiple activities/families.

Pros

Installment payments Duplication of programs/activities season to season Mass edit Connectivity to Constant Contact Data and functionality for staff maintenance

Cons

Invoices for corporate accounts are terrible (no editable, not credits or additional fees) Students from corporate accounts are difficult to registration from an account level (not family-enrolled)

BW

Bailey W.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Great but needs more functionality

Pros

How responsive Amilia staff are to feedback and bug fixes. Some minor issues were solved in under an hour. Planning and scheduling also work great, although not fully utilized for our facility.

Cons

We have had lots of issues rolling out this software for widespread use at our facility, many of the issues are very minor but they have yet to be fixed. The software lacks features that we have submitted many requests for them to add but heard nothing back. Sometimes when I submit bugs my response is "that is intended behaviour" when in fact the "intended" behaviour is the website crashing or giving customers extremely high discounts.

DM

David M.

Lindenhurst Park District - SmartRec Registration Software

Mine and staff's overall experience has been wonderful and challenging, in a good way. As previously mentioned, because the software is innovative and new, we are learning just like Amilia is learning and the benefits from this will end up being very beneficial for everyone. I really think the future of registration software is here. Our customers absolutely love it!

Pros

The biggest reason we made the switch to this software was for our customers and it was absolutely the right decision, I would say over 95% of our users love it. The accessibility, ease of use, a new but smarter way to register. The customer service has been excellent, I would definitely say one of the companies strong points, both customer service, training and onboarding has been stellar. At first, administratively, staff were concerned and navigating all the changes. However, we were trying to have SmartRec behave like our old software but we have realized that we need to also adapt and it has made us think differently and will make us more efficient in the long run.

Cons

Since this software is newer to municipalities and special districts, they are and will continue to adapt to what their clients are asking for. I believe they care about their product and are doing a great job at addressing any minor issues that come up.

FP

Federico P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Can you drill a hole with a screwdriver? Yes, you can. Maybe not the ideal tool to do it.!

I'm very satisfied with the service provided. The functionalities are great and easy to use. It is very easy to setup and you will be up&running in a very short period of time. Then you can continue adding more features.

Pros

Amilia is an extremely powerful solution. It has the huge benefit that can be used in a very basic mode, or you can implement as much as business processes you have. A huge benefit that they offer, it is the customer support. The customer support team is extremely patient, professional, and always ready to help.

Cons

The mobile App it has a lot of areas for improvement. The possibility to have Amilia embedded in your business website should be carefully reviewed. There are minor UX scenarios where the system is not as friendly as you may expect.

Thanks so much for the review Federico - we are happy to hear you are enjoying the platform and will take your feedback to the product team!

LP

Lisa P.

Amilia Software review 2019

The CS team is AMAZING. I have never felt so supported with a product. The chat is very easy and quick and always helpful, if I need to call I can and there is also a forum of other users where if I have the time I will go and look for answers. They have a huge knowledge base that I can refer to as well.

Pros

I like how clean the pages look and how much data you can get. Anything I need is there and I can also do it from my mobile phone. It has so many capabilities. I love that I have all the control on this system to change anything I want, when I need to. Registering for a client is very easy. Refunds are very easy.

Cons

It has so many capabilities, I am still trying to learn it all. Sometimes I wish for a little more basic but I think once I get the hang of it, it will be easier. I am the only user

JA

Jamie A.

Amilia at a Gymnastics Club

Pros

User interface is much stronger than our last product. Easier to use and easier on the eyes.

Cons

Billing is difficult and confusing each month. Far too much time has to be spent by our administration to reconcile with our bank account.

MU

Megan U.

PDOP Amilia review

Pros

This software is super easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility. Its so much better than our last one! I also love that I can access it from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes changes don't save and the gateway times out when making mass edits.

Thanks so much for your review Megan! Happy to hear you're satisfied with Amilia :)

AD

Anna D.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Switch to Amilia

Great!

Pros

Amazing customer service, and feedback opportunities.

Cons

Doesn't always have the features, or specific adjustments we would like. Does take some time learning the ins and outs of the system.

Thanks so much for the review Anna! Happy to hear you are enjoying using Amilia.

CH

Cat H.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Fun with Amilia

It’s going good

Pros

It’s easy to track sales and manage programs

Cons

Our community finds it difficult to navigate

CB

Charles B.

Amilia has been a great fit for our gymnastics club

Pros

The software has a very nice and functional layout for both Administrators and Clients. It is very easy to use and to train new employees as administrators. We have received positive feedback from our Clients on the ease of use of this registration system.

Cons

Honestly, I really don't have any cons . . . I feel that the Team at Amilia has made a lot of improvements in the software in the past two years, they have a responsive customer service team and continue to advance the functionality of the software.

EB

Etienne B.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Yes Amilia helps us

I would do it again. Unfortunately, it is not quite as efficient as promised.

Pros

It delivers what it promises. The online support is superb. Prior to Amilia, we had separate systems for scheduling, billing, maintaining the client data base. It is now all integrated.

Cons

It did not bend enough for the scheduling we need. Our needs could not be met as our services are more customized than the standard sport or cultural sessions offered by municipalities for instance

CV

Carey V.

It's has been an amazing experience from day one!

Pros

All of its functionality and the ease of navigating through the product. Amilia continues to make changes/upgrades so that the product is more useful to any business.

Cons

That I cannot spend more time working with it. As an owner, there are times that I must spend other time with different administrative work.

JM

Jeremy M.

Amilia is very user friendly for both the administrator and the clients!

Pros

We like how easy it is to use. We receive very few questions from customers on how to use the system. The back end setup is easy to use and accomplishes all our needs of the organization.

Cons

Like any software there are always tweeks that need to be done. But they are open to hearing these issue and working with the clients to fix them for the future.

Thanks for your review Jeremy! We love working with you guys and are happy to hear that both your staff and your clients find it easy to use :)

FM

Frank M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Amilia Review for Thrive

Pros

I like the ability to message the Amilia team and get things done at their earliest convenience . The team is always helpful and works diligently to resolve issuse.

Cons

Our clients seem to have a hard time navigating the system.

Hi Frank, thanks so much for your review - we're happy to hear you enjoy working with the Amilians!

SH

Sidney H.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Basic Software, Missing Key Features

Amilia has been very troublesome for our organization. The help team is great but often the program simply doesn’t have the capability to fix the issues we’re facing.

Pros

The software covers many aspects of our business including members, programs and merchandise.

Cons

The program is missing many key functions, such as ability to schedule flexible camps, assign varying membership levels and the reporting is very limiting and difficult for our bookkeeper.

KO

K O.

Used other for less than 6 months

Amilia has terrible functionality issues and even worse customer service.

Pros

There is nothing good about this software -- use at your own risk. On the plus side, it's easy to find better options.

Cons

Amilia has terrible run-time issues and unresponsive, downright hostile customer service. The company only has 65 employees after years in business and their only investor is their CEO -- that should be telling. Amilia is no longer in Beta; they should be working to resolve their substantial SaaS platform functionality issues by now. I raised valid concerns on Amilia message boards and via their social...

Hi Kirsten, We could not find you in our database. When we tried to ask you who you claim to represent, we were shut down. Understanding who we're trying to help is our 1st step when clients have an issue with the platform. We're very happy to report we are on track to grow to 80 employees by June 2018! We're also not sure where you got your misinformation about our CEO and equity structure....