TeamUnify Reviews

Pros

So far it's been a wonderful experience. Our representative is so helpful and responds very fast so we're not down any longer than need be.

SB

Stephen B.

The best thing so far about using TU is that this past year, we had NO OUTSTANDING BALANCES. Thanks to the monthly billing feature, we were able to get all money owed to us.

CH

Christine H.

ES

Erin S.

Cons

It was difficult to get anyone to take this problem seriously despite the fact that we had a database we could not use for several weeks and we have lost most of our attendance data on our swimmers.

AC

ALISON C.

Server sometimes slows way down, and it's frustrating in the middle of work day waiting for this to be fixed.

DA

DaNene A.

Our whole member database was anonymised after we tried to do this for just 3 records. The company initially told us that they had no back up and asked us if we had made our own back ups.

AC

ALISON C.

4.7

TeamUnify customer for 8 years, business owner and head swim coach.

It streamlined our billing and fee collection process 100%. Saves time for me to concentrate on other aspects of team management. I also feel we have a very good presence on the web with our fully functional website.

Pros

It made our team billing easy and painless. Website design is easy to use and change. It is the best all around swim team management system available with all the must and bolts included. Even a novice user can navigate through it. TU also keeps it up to date and fresh.

Cons

TeamUnify has revolutionised our swimming club administration and enabled us to scale.

Much reduce admin burden for a large growing club. The ability to scale membership from 150 - 600 swimmers, without the incremental administration. A re-vamped website. We have also been able to move our clubs processes to almost 100% paperless processes.

Pros

Great Platform, which we now use to cover almost all of the clubs administration. Really easy to use and manage large numbers of swimmers, families and volunteers. Billing is a dream, enabling us to manage over 15 different squads/roster groups and a combination of billing processes. Getting up and running was really straightforward, and the help provided by TU was great. Managing meet entries has...

Cons

It would be great to get the supported html version extended, so we can be more creative on the website. We would love to see better functionality to manage non swimming members, such as volunteers and officials - such as managing their certifications, with renewal dates etc.. But apart from that - we haven't found any real 'cons' with this solution.

Platform is Sturdy - Payment System Needs Work

I give TeamUnify a B minus. The people are great, but the payment processing is a constant problem. They need to return to the credit card processor they used to have.

Pros

I like that I am able to combine my lesson, comp team, and competition signups all online.

Cons

The credit card processor is the biggest problem for this platform. The current processor takes far too long to post payments, especially over weekends and holidays. It frequently takes as many as 6 days for a payment to be posted to our business accounts.

TeamUnify helped us get everything under control and support our coaches' and swimmers' ambitions

See previous comments

Pros

It is great to know that our Head Coach and her coaching team love the system and use it every day to manage their squads and training plans. Also, that our parents and swimmers can view and maintain their information, and enter meets on-line. The website has been such a useful communication tool, and very easy to manage. As Treasurer, I know that it has helped turn around our club financially,...

Cons

The software is very flexible, and there is now so much functionality that it can take a while to work out how best to proceed. Technical support is always available (and very good it is too), but we really needed to rethink many of our club's internal processes in order to get the best use out of the software. (NB This is NOT a disadvantage - it just needs an investment of time, particularly in...

I have been extremely satisfied with my TeamUnify experience.

Full team management under one simple to use umbrella. Data/information easily accessible via computer or mobile device.

Pros

The software provides a full platform for managing my team. Registration & finances, website & communication, planning & execution. I can easily access the information from my laptop or mobile device with full functionality, which allows me to share information and access easily with my staff. I really like the features of unlimited video, easy social media sharing & website design as well as the ease of use to set up planning for practices, including the ability to easily share with my staff. Perhaps what I like most about using the software is the response from their customer service and their genuine want to hear what we as users would like to see added/changed for the software.

Cons

There are bugs and occasional issues with the server slowing down, but these are generally resolved within a short time. I do wish they had a stand alone version that would allow editing/writing of workouts and member information that did not require internet access. Would be nice to work on the software while unable to access wifi (on a plane, passenger in a car, pool without internet access, etc)

Great but could be even better

Overall very good! The customer service is amazing and the product meets almost all of our needs. The price is great - a flat monthly rate plus the usual credit card fees. Compared to Active where they take a percentage of our sales, Team Unify has helped our company make more money and expand.

Pros

Easy to manage and set up programming and billing. The staff walked us through the process and helped set up as much as possible going in as well as help me with every question along the way - even now, so many years since we started with Team Unify.

Cons

Not easy for my clients to manage their own accounts. Our team is all adults and they don't need to try out - they can start and stop as they wish. Web design in our basic plan is limited and, for some reason, the main text on the homepage has to be in code so is a hassle to edit. We would love: 1) client being able to cancel and reactivate an existing account without having to ask me to do it 2) a drop-in-visit aspect that is easy for repeat clients to use. This is a clumsy set up where folks have to start from scratch for every drop in visit.

TeamUnify is THE BEST software for swim teams! This is the ONLY product that does it all!

It has allowed my program to become better at what we do!

Pros

I love the mobile app that allows you to do everything in 1 place. This makes Dry side operations for the program way easier. Families can use the app to check event/meet declarations, billing, best times, and now the NEW TeamFeed. This makes families/parents feel like they are part of program even more. As a coach this app makes writing workouts super easy. This allows me to keep a quick thumb on all the info that we need a snap. When athletes/parents have questions about training it is easy to pull up and explain or show what we have done. It truly allows we to keep on top of the program better.

Cons

The load times on some of the data could be improved. Working with live data is great, however I do feel that some data could be cached to allow for better load times.

Took some work, but worth it!

So far it's been a wonderful experience! Our representative is so helpful and responds very fast so we're not down any longer than need be.

Pros

Just being able to set everything up so parents are responsible for registration, meets, and all fees is worth the price of the software.

Cons

It took some training and a few phone calls to get it all figured out and set up and while most parents were good at figuring everything out and understanding how to navigate their way around, some were not that good. Definitely took some explaining and hand holding for some of the parents.

Great product for billing and team management. Easy to use and large capabilities!

Account management and quality accounting done all in one place. Having entries online is crucial for our large team.

Pros

Management and billing is easy. Event registrations and app is simple to use. Helps us collect money effectively and keep accurate records.

Cons

Email needs improvement and some coaches struggle with all the capabilities it has. (has a lot! Might be good to have a more simplified platform for coaches and users with a more complex platform for admins.

Team Unify has been a lifesaver. It has been a time saver for me and is easy to use.

Pros

Website is easy to use and change. It allows us to communicate easier with our swim families. Meet entries run smoother. Our billing is also much easier and no more delinquent payments.

Cons

I only wish my organization would allow us to purchase the additional features that are available. Would love to be able to utilize the workout portion of the software.

We've been early fans of the platform and like to overall ability to manage ALL aspects of our club.

Pros

We have developed and utilised many of the additional features of the platform over our time and find the fully integrated nature of the platform the best feature. Multiple Administrators and Club officials can work on club needs, seamlessly on one platform. TU have taken on board many of the development suggestions by users and are truly focused on how to develop the platform for the customer.

Cons

The platform is not fully functional for our region (Europe), hence we cannot fully utilise all features and benefits. The platform can occasionally be slow with some bugs, but they are resolved quickly. To be a truly 'engaging' experience, Access for members (AKA Swimmers) would be something we think is important to develop 'TEAM' Feed as a social platform for club members, not just account holders.

Great way to run all things "team"

My experience with Team Unify has been very satisfying and successful. I have utilized their platform on and off for the past 10 years with 4 different teams and have always known I could call or email someone and get the answer I need right away. They are committed to making things easy for the coach/team manager. They tirelessly answer questions and teach at the same time. The product looks professional and it completely customizable as well.

Pros

The ability to manage all aspects of the program from the platform.

Cons

Some functionalities are not intuitive so it takes a while to figure out/remember some of the steps to get accomplished what you need to do. The great thing is that there are so many ways to get "help" that you are never "stuck" for very long.

Total package to run our team!

Pros

Our website is easy to navigate for our swimmers/parents, and it's easy for me to manage and update our site on a daily basis. I can communicate with anyone or everyone with a few clicks. TeamUnify helped us set up a unique design and always responds quickly to questions. They are constantly improving the functionality of the site and giving us more options. They listen to customer feedback and reach out to see how they can improve. Couldn't think of a better system to run our team.

Cons

The online website is not fully mobile-compatible. It is getting better but still has a ways to go. Their mobile app (OnDeck) does many of the same functions as the website but not all. Further improvements on the "mobile front" will make this product even better. I look forward to those updates.

Now that I know how to use the system I like it. There is a learning curve to figuring it all out.

Pros

I like that I can have everything in one spot- memberships, rosters, billing, etc and that new features are being updated (ex. meet fees!).

Cons

I dislike the setup for service hour resets. I would like to be able to reset cancelled/suspended accounts as well. I feel like it is not super user friendly to my parents in that they often have to search or ask me where to find certain information (like service hour information!). I would also love if they added an automated email option i.e. send this reminder out every Monday, billing information on the 23rd of each month, etc and if the system could run billing reports reconciled with roster groups, coaches, etc. (maybe create my own billing reports the way I want them run?!) Though I am not tech savy, so not sure how realistic all this would be!

Very easy to use with great customer service. My emails are usually responded to within the hour!

Makes it easy to run a swim team. Can control the group email and group text from one place. Swim meet sign up is a breeze. Charging accounts is so much less stressful.

Pros

It makes the harder parts of running a swim team (collecting money, team communication, and event sign ups) really easy. There is a great team behind it ready to resolve issues quickly! Even if the issue is only user error!

Cons

I wish it had more freedom to set things up specific ways. Be able to collect bills for some on the 15th while doing others on the 1st. This applies mostly to those that use the echeck. The financial reports are a bit confusing and the amount charge is never the amount that gets deposited. The treasurer has a hard time knowing the exact fee breakdown.

Great customer support overcomes any obstacles

Communication. I have often recommended it already, continue to do so with another group that is considering using it. There is a distinct advantage in entering meets and getting results for other teams also using TU.

Pros

I am reminded of old Volkswagon commmercials...it just works. Original setup was very low effort on our part, continues to fit our needs, has features we have not even tapped yet. Ability of team members, families to maintain their own account has been a plus, much easier than having to make updates myself. Easy to put together group emails to any select group and for any purpose. Excels at communication, one of the big complaints about both large and small organizations, makes accounts and payments easy and clear, easy for members to track and verify bills, and to make corrections. Appreciate ease of meet entries, increased communication with swimmers about what they want to swim.

Cons

Meet entries for relays can be a little cumbersome, but once we got used to it, is now easier. Would like to be able to access Touchpad for another organization that does not use the base programs.

Make running a team simpler

Pros

I like the ease of use and having everything I need in one location.

Cons

The price is a lot and sometimes it doesn’t do everything I want.

TeamUnify Review

Pros

Being able to access from home, office or elsewhere. All the coaches use and it is simple for them. Now if you hire a new coach, more than likely, he/she is already familiar with this software. Before we had to store credit card information and now TU takes care of this and they meet the required standards.

Cons

Do not like the new format of web site, cumbersome to scroll to look for things. Would like to be able to fix our billing date of the month vs TU has it on the 1st of the month.

This software has changed our sport and business dramatically. It enhances all admin duties.

Member administration and communication was improve several fold and time an energy require for those tasks was reduce an equal amount

Pros

Dependable online platform Electronic Billing Easy basic website construction and editing Member communication tools Competition Results management Financial management

Cons

It lacks a little flexibility in some of it's core functions-they are constantly updating but it seems to be focused on new functions not as much on enhancement. At times it feel like they have developed and added features too fast.

Awesome customer service

the best part of the experience is the customer service response. I've never experienced better customer service than what TU offers. Very responsive and helpful and always willing to help with issue management.

Pros

Makes registration management easier for the LSC, especially for all-star teams and for non-athlete registration. also makes billing easier to track and share with Board members/staff.

Cons

At some point, it would be terrific to be able to customize the LSC website to accommodate for our non-athletes.

Great program. Lots of options. There is a lot of information available.

Pros

Billing feature attached to accounts has made a tremendous impact for ease of use with our members and made record keeping much simplier. Email feature from site . Meet entry system with full staff coach access.

Cons

System tends to be a little fragmented in certain areas, calendars as an example. They can be a little dated and difficult to manage. Sometimes for some of our members, the shear volume of information is too much and need just basics.

Very easy to use

I have been using the software since 2006 and it has come along way and makes my life easier.

Pros

It is perfect for any one. I was out of town and had my sister login and send an email and it was easy to explain to her how to send it with no problems.

Cons

The lesson set up is confusing and takes to long to set up lessons. It also does nOt notify you when someone has signed up like the team registration does. I am constantly having to check it.

Team Unify was always easy to use and customer service was amazing!

Pros

Easy to use and looked professional for very little cost. Very easy to make instant changes and updates. Able to communicate with multiple or specific groups with ease.

Cons

Would have liked more freedom to change the look of the home page, found the basic package was great to begin with but would have like to be able to make changes so it didn't look the same as every other page.

TU is command central for our team. Definitely worth the investment!

Pros

Internet based which enables easy use from multiple individuals, houses all our team information in one place, on-line tutorials are terrific, and overall the system is user-friendly.

Cons

Unable to integrate with QB on-line, unable to import and export with MM which makes it difficult especially when hosting and running meets (MM is still the standard in our LSC), writing tool for workouts is cumbersome.

My experience with TeamUnify has been amazing. They really work to make the customers happy!

The benefits of this software is that is saves time, its easy to use and very easy to teach people how to use it!

Pros

Our swim families enjoy all the features the software offers...especially how easy it is to communication and send information. The technical support is huge plus as they are always ready to help. I can go on and on how easy the software is to use...very user friendly!