Virtuagym Reviews

3.86/5 (58 reviews)

Ryan LeBreux

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

Reviewed 2017-02-03

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour. Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits. The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client. The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team. Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app! *****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Joost Horstink

VG can be big

Reviewed 2016-06-16

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can. I hope the development will show some results in the next year. Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer. The foodapp is great Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT. Extra pay options are good.

Daniel DeSalvo

Virtuagym: great all-in-one system

Reviewed 2017-03-10

My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago. From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software. First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted. For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered. New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to. Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time. The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members. From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered. But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals. For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

Oliver Roberts

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed 2018-08-20

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Allen Langham

Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals

Reviewed 2018-06-08

The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business. The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

patrick martin

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

Reviewed 2017-03-18

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym! The many different software features to run a health clinic

Justine Guest

Not what I needed

Reviewed 2016-05-09

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually. After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this. This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case? I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it. I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Junior Leoso

data driven!

Reviewed 2017-02-04

I love using virtuagym as a trainer, but even more so as a business owner. It has made my client management so much more efficient. My absolute favorite part is the simple set up of the body metrics! As a trainer, it is imperative that you keep good notes, as well as document accurate changes in their body, strength, cardio, etc. And since we do this weekly, the paper stacked up fast in each client folder. Now, I save the paper cost, and purchased an additional laptop for the gym. We can't say enough good things about virtuagym and their staff! Happy to be a part of the team! pretty user friendly. And a lot to offer.

Cassandra Leopold

After using several other software's, Virtuagym is by far the best!

Reviewed 2017-01-27

VirtuaGym has given us an amazing online platform to offer everything you and your client needs. The software is easy to use, super affordable and can handle just about anything we need it to do in order to run our fitness center. The members really enjoy the applications especially the nutritional guidance. It has been absolutely amazing to have the ability to add our own QR codes, youtube videos, video workouts, and images for our pro members to have access to has been valuable. Building the classes, schedules and memberships took some time to figure out but the support was above and beyond all competition. They never complain about how many times we ask for help and are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. VirtuaGym is constantly updating their software to meet the needs of this industry and I am excited to see how much they grow in the future. If you dream big for your business then there's no need to shop around for any other software/membership program.Easy to Use Versatile Great Customer Service Affordable

Alessandro Vitaggio

best program in the fitness industry

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Having this program has helped me to expand my clientsWhat I liked most about this program is the large amount of exercises. The application of training and nutrition are fantastic. Customers will be really happy.

Sean Cole

Not what i was told

Reviewed 2018-01-25

NothingThe functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Robert Jaroszuk

Terrible Terrible Terrible, stay away!

Reviewed 2017-04-25

If they provided a good service that people wanted to continue to use, they would not need a 12-month contract. They have great, slick, fast talking, smooth sales people, and the website is great and it all sounds so good. They do not offer a free trial and the only way was to sign up. They had me convinced, and they said that all that I wanted they would deliver. Well, once I signed the contract that all changed. With a hefty set up fee, which included them loading the excel list of my client info into Virtuagym, they didn't do anything else, so that is a huge rip off. Then the story continued to fall apart even more. They claimed to have this amazing app for workouts which turned out to be incomplete, and not able to adjust a parameter in it like they promised it did. The sales tax is included in the pricing, so for US market this is an issue, and they had no good solutions. During the sales process they said they have tagging feature which for my business is key, and when I got to use the program the tagging feature was up, but you could only add tags, the delete button they told me has not been built yet and there was no reporting I could pull from the tags, essentially it was useless. They said well in few months we will have. I asked what is few months, they had no answers. Then they gave me a huge runaround about canceling and this being a breach of contract. Oh they also had they numbers wrong and they 2.5x charged my monthly fee, and demanded a fee to get out of contract, while acting like they were doing me a huge favor, after I with my staff put in over 20 hours of work to enter information, and research and work through all the problems we came across. Totally dishonest, totally wrong on so many levels.Great sales people that can sell ice to eskimos. The ideas sounds great, and I was super excited to start to use the product.

Claudia Baillargeon

A user-friendly app!

Reviewed 2017-02-27

I started working with the Virtuagym software a few months ago and I am quite pleased with the experience so far! It was important for me to get an app that was personalized and had the functionalities that I needed for myself and my clients. Virtuagym did just that for me! They took the time to understand my needs and offered me a monthly plan targeted to that; they didn't try to sell me extra systems or functionalities that I didn't need. I really appreciated that! Their customer service is absolutely A+++! They always get back to me quickly by email or phone (which is great; who calls people anymore right?!), they offer webinars when you get started and so much more! Everyone I spoke with was super nice, friendly and helpful! As the software itself, I like how easy it is to use and how quickly my clients understand how to track their food, follow their training programs (awesome exercises videos!), join a challenge, etc., thanks to the helpful tips you can find directly on the app when you first download it or on their support database on their website. The only thing I would like to see them add in the future is the option of doing all the admin stuff (professional coach account) from the app itself and not only from a browser. I would like to be able to send my clients messages, see their food diary, plan their workouts from my phone too via the app - just to make everything more accessible! But overall, a great app, great customer service and super easy to use!

Shane Crozier

Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is.

Reviewed 2018-06-06

The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface. Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Darren Jackson

Great software i could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Reviewed 2018-06-13

The mobile app online portal is great it has saved me so many hours designing plans and I can check and change a client's diets and training. I can also add training plans straight to their account so they have something to follow between one to one sessions as well as giving clients all a printed copy or training plans. I have always had a great service from the virtuagym staff members have always been very helpful and quick to respond to any issues I have had. I have enjoyed using the software so much that I have even referred a few other personal trainers and I could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Anonymous

Virtuagym saves time and my clients love it!

Reviewed 2018-01-25

I like that I am able to connect with the community and my clients which is important in the training industry. I especially love the nutrition and training apps. It also stays frequently updated.

Torrence Porter

Great app, can use minor improvements

Reviewed 2017-04-05

I enjoy the app a lot, I really like the workout feature. I would love it if there was a before and after feature in the app for clients and if they were able to keep up with body metrics. The nutrition app can use some updating as well. But all in all I'm really satisfied with the app in its features. The scheduler and booking features are great as well as the workout plans you can build. The coaching and workout builder is my favorite feature

Anonymous

The software is good. There are some aspects of the app that would attract different genders more.

Reviewed 2018-02-08

For a small business the cost of the software is high. This would be great for large gyms or business that are already established.The ability to adjust and refine what you want the client to have. They ability to track finances and request payments is great for small businesses. The staff when discussing the software was very helpful.

Nicole Scott

Love it!

Reviewed 2017-07-31

I love that it is frequently updated, new exercise are added often, it's clear/easy/concise to use. My clients like the "in app" tutorials and I hear overall great things from my clients!

Narayan Brewer

Don't pay and demand a trail before hand

Reviewed 2016-07-18

So at the beginning I ask repeatedly if I could trail the app before signing up for 12 months. They never let me. They did do an online presentation with me and I was very impressed with all the features that were shown it had everything I needed so I payed it lump at the start a few hundred pounds and started to use the software. Straight away I realised it was such a bad mistake. It's not at all finished there's so many problems with it, after a week I found a client feedback page and realised I wasn't the only one finding it a nightmare to use... It's such a shame as they have thought of everything but it's not no where near ready yet and if you get your clients onto the software and the app your going to make yourself look incompetent. I tried to get into but no joy I've just given up, can't waist anymore time with it. The hardware is even worse the scales and the writs band "fitness tracker" beyond awful. Beware of any software that doesn't let you test it before hand. Maybe in a year or two this app will be worth paying for but I wouldn't even use it for free as it is, your just going to come across as unprofessional to your clients.Customer service is fantastic to be fair.

Anonymous

My experience was positive. From the beginning I was able to use the software easily

Reviewed 2018-07-15

It's easy to use, there is the possibility of quick contact with assistance and the enormous availability and continuous updates that make the app easier and more intuitive. The updates also make it possible to continuously icrease the functions and the possibilities of use.

Fabio Van Zelller

Not advised for personal trainers

Reviewed 2016-09-01

It doesn't help Personal trainers, there are better options in the market. This is a app that was first designed for the general population, and not for personal trainers. Recently they started to sell professional packages - to personal trainers and gyms- but it seems that they are much more interested in gyms, than personal trainers, so all the updates failed to improve the main things that i wanted to improve.It gives you access to a very powerful platform, and you can brand it everything.

Hub Brouwers

Virtuagym is a very customer-friendly program, easy to learn, easy to use

Reviewed 2017-05-10

Good overview and access of all functions; easy to use app for members; nice tool for coaches to communicate with their clients;

Thijs Bezemer

Thank you Virtuagym for this succes!

Reviewed 2017-02-06

Comments: Virtuagym delivers! Ever since I requested a demo, they have been on top of literally everything. From showing me what benefits and features the system entails, to using the system to its full capacity and updating me on new features, such as the web shop. Pros: the organization itself is very professional, and I can tell as I've visited the office. Other than that I'm really liking the fact that it's such a robust system, with both coaching and retention tools. Lastly, I'd say the number of features they've been able to push through, with a community, a webshop and payment processing as some recent examples. Cons: not that I was ever told this was going to be build, but I'd like to see a lead follow up section at some point. Recommendations to other buyers: I'm positive you will save plenty of time and be able to retain your customers for a way longer period of time. Your members are going to like the challenges and community part!

Bart Sinnesael

Functional, easy, up to date

Reviewed 2017-08-07

Little effort for a maximum of work. A lot of exercices. Good bookkeeping and administration . Food app is good