WorkoutLabs Train

Workout builder for personal trainers

WorkoutLabs Train Reviews

Victoria H.

I love the easy to use design and professional layout this software has to offer. My clients loved being to easily track their workouts and progress.

Taylor L.

Love the calendar, mass messaging, notes, ease of workout creation, the email notifications, etc. Please note: I'm very happy to have a phone conversation.

Antwune G.

Cons

I started online personal training last year using PDF files only. It just seemed so boring just having words typed out.

Shianne S.

No where for a notes section for clients to refer to. Not a lot of space/room on the workout calendar to type in a workout/idea for the client.

Makinsey C.

It's difficult to update programs, create them or even view.

KINGA L.

4.6

Highly Customizable!

Pros

WorkoutLabs Train is one of the greatest software I've used as a Personal Trainer! By integrating client capability, it has never been easier to keep my clients on board and achieving results! The many options to customize just about everything there is is an excellent feature as each client is different. The user interface is clean, modern, and user friendly and my clients love the exercise illustrations! Managing my calendar has never been easier as well!

Cons

There are constant updates so nothing I've had an issue with hasn't already been fixed!

Thank you Jamaal! We're happy to have you

Awesome platform

Reaching more clients online and also giving my clients accountability where I can see completed workouts and weight & exercise goals.

Pros

Great platform, easy to use and has meaningful features for both the trainer/coach and the client. Design is great!

Cons

Not having a separate mobile app as this will be key for clients that only use their mobile devices.

Thank you very much Kyle! We're also very much looking forward to launching our mobile app.

Very usefull

I love this technology. It makes it so much easier for trainer. I alresdy see the difference in the quality of work I do. My clients are vety happy and business is good

Pros

1) can we please have an option for designing programs for both genders. This will help when running bootcamps. At the moment your system can either be for male or female client. Can we not be given permission to chose /change gender of picture.

Cons

I have not found that ouy as yet

Thank you Wilson! I replied to your comments and question via chat.

I've had a great experience using Workout Labs so far. Its super user friendly and clean.

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly and that it looks clean, it helps you as a user (trainer) find things easily and work through the software with ease. I also like that the customer support is very responsive, most I've waited for an answer on their behalf has been around 45 minutes. I also like that it has simple and useful features, it may not have as many as other online training platforms or...

Cons

There are also a couple of things that I would like to see get better, like for example, I have Spanish speaking clients, and their exercises descriptions are only in English. It would be nice for them to give you the option of changing the language. I would also love for them to launch an actual app. The phone versions works just fine but as a trainer, I cannot edit as if I were using my trainer...

Training online!

I really like the way Im being able to manage my clients individualy, this plataform gave me the opportunity to have more clients even outside Mexico. Its a great tool to use, the price is right and my clients love their profiles and messages board. Great tool

Pros

My clients receive a daily email telling about the workout of the day. I can manage my time and clients more efficiently I can explain in words and images every exercise. I have good communication trough the message board

Cons

I would like this to be in an app instead of everytime have to go to the site, login and do everythink trough safari. Also my clients some times have dificulty beause most of all of them use a cellphone to see the workouts. And it would be great that a user can record - time - #reps - weight - and stuff related to the rutine So they can see progress. Right now I keep track of all that by "hand" and then pass it to excel.

Thank you Sussie! I will send you a message about making is easier to pull up your account on your mobile ;)

Integrating this platform in my business has been easy and valuable.

For a beginner, it has showed me how I can add value to my training/coaching business. It is an excellent way to communicate with my clients when they are traveling. I am sure I will see an increase in my virtual fitness platform because of this software.

Pros

I like having the ability to personally design workouts for my clients. Sharing workouts and exercises via social media is another great feature to establish my brand in the market.

Cons

I would like to see an advanced feature for sports specific exercises and stretches. Perhaps group fitness models for clients with special circumstances, i.e. pregnancy, high blood pressure, seniors, sedentary, obesity (morbid). These are some of the demographics we encounter as trainers.

Thank you Dana! You can add your own exercises but we will get to more sport-specific and other specialized exercises soon!

Every Trainer Should Use WorkoutLabs

I was immediately impressed with the customer service. The team at WL is SO responsive and willing to improve the platform based on user feedback. My clients love that they can follow the workouts I design for them directly from their smartphone or by printing PDFs.

Pros

WL is very easy to use and simple user interface. The platform is not only a great way to keep clients accountable, but I am able to quickly let them know that I'm on top of their progress. I was also very impressed with how fast my clients adopted the platform with minimal instruction from me as a trainer.

Cons

My experience with the software has been great thus far. There are features I'd like to see added.

The software saves time over using spreadsheets.

Pros

Cons

Inability to embed into another web page which gives my clients a single pane of glass and uniformed experience, I have to open 2 web browser to ensure I'm not overwriting workouts. When adding a workout where one already exists, there is no option to split the day. For each client I have to create the progress points I want to measure. This is time consuming. I'd like to be able to create a temple once and reuse.

So user friendly

So far my experience has been great. Any problems I have I get an answer in a timely fashion. The platform is super user friend, and not too complicated.

Pros

I can put together a workout pretty quickly. User friendly for both the trainer and the clients

Cons

Limited exercises. Some of the ones I'd like to use aren't necessarily in the data base. Also there is no way for clients to track their progress. A tracking platform for the client would be ideal.

Thanks Janice! We are adding new exercises every month (please send your requests via the workout builder) and we're going to be adding more progress tracking for clients very soon ;)

Still Breaking it in

I'm still getting use to the app, but so far I like it. I still haven't received my free workout labs bag!

Pros

The platform is easy to use. There are a variety of exercises to choose from and details regarding muscles worked. I love that you can use your customized logo and make your own workouts with a full monthly calendar

Cons

There are still many exercises unavailable and you're unable to change the workouts on a mobile device.

Gets the job done, well. Not perfect, albeit, but a valuable resource.

I'm able to train from afar with relative ease. I used to make google documents and share them with clients and that was arduous, to say the least. This makes it easy to do my job all in one go, walk away from it, and return to it without missing a beat. The ability to draw up presentable programs in less than a few minutes is huge. I think WorkoutLabs has a lot to offer as well as some room for improvement but as a trainer in the current climate of things, this is THE tool you need right now.

Pros

1. Customer support is great and they are genuinely curious to hear what we have to say. They are accessible and respond quickly. 2. For the price, compared to other trainer services, you get the most bang for your buck. 3. The presentation looks great. Really easy to share workouts and make programs. I love the calendar view.

Cons

1. Sometimes buggy. Have to switch between browsers sometimes. I can't wait for a fully functional app. 2. Being that because of the times, a lot of people are exercising at home, I wish there were more banded workout selections. You have the ability to add new ones yourself but sometimes the diagrams you find online don't look as clear as the line drawings they use to illustrate exercises. Simple ones too, like a standing banded row, a torso rotation, some seated alternatives too. 3. I would appreciate trainer reminders to update someone's workout if they are nearing the end of a certain number of workouts scheduled.

Workoutlabs is an easy to use software that provides great visuals for personal trainers.

Pros

If you like to give your clients their workout sheets after a session and need a little visual guidance yourself, this is great for you! It's easy to understand, easy to use on the software part of it, you can invite your clients, and you can also create a calendar of workouts for them letting them see which days are rest days and which are not.

Cons

The software was a little pricey and did not offer much. You could create training plans, share with clients, and that's about it. For the cost I though there should be a nutrition software, mobile app, the ability to track the number of sessions a client has done, and the ability to schedule clients included in the cost.

A refreshing experience

When I first started using WorkoutLabs Train I had no previous experience with online training programs. I decided to give it a chance, to try something new and give my profession a chance to grow more. I trailed the platform and within a few days I decided to become part of it. What motivated me finally acquire and sign up for the program was its user friendliness. How the site is displayed, how organised its data is and its easy-to-use tools and customer service. It was also a little bit of a setback that at the beginning there were relatively few or limited exercises, something they have been certainly working on to better. But overall, I love the refreshing look of the platform and its user friendliness, its great and certainly takes you out of boredom and tradition.

Cons

Thank you Amanda! Please submit your request for any exercises you don't find and look out for some cool new features we're working on now ;)

WorkoutLabs Train Review

I've really enjoyed it. I have been using WorkoutLabs for over a year now and it has been worth it for me.

Pros

I enjoyed the drag and drop functionality of the software, as well as the search function!

Cons

There was one section where I have to save it, then exit out before downloading. Would be nice to just be able to download the PDF right in the workout plan.

GREAT TOOL TO COMMUNICATE WITH CLIENTS!

I'm really enjoying useing WorkoutLabs. Exercises, graphics and ability to plan for weeks is great. The only downside is useing it on devices other than laptop or computer. It's difficult to update programs, create them or even view. It's good to make sure that your clients download pdf. before they go on holidays to various places in the world. Overall, I recommend becoming a part of WorkoutLabs.

Pros

Graphics and daily planner with reminders.

Cons

Difficulty with editing and accessing programs on the phone and tablet.

Thank you Kinga! We have some mobile version updates on the way.

Great no frills programme writer. Just what I was looking for, awesome support. Very user friendly.

Pros

Ease of use, no frills, just able to write my programmes and communicate with my clients. There are tons of apps which are so complicated and overwhelming.

Cons

I can't sort my programmes easily. I'd like to be able to move them around. I'm on an iPad and limited to screen space. I also would love to achieve paused clients.

Thank you very much Lynne! Moving plans around is a little easier on a computer and if you don't plan to restore a paused client, you can always delete them.

Great product, very useful

Giving my clients guidance between sessions has increased my client retention and adherence, and gave a boost of motivation to my clients to get their workouts done on days we don't meet. Fully illustrated, customized workout programs don't leave a lot of room for excuses.

Pros

Ease of use for both the trainer and client. All workouts are downloadable. Ability to add custom exercises. This added valuable guidance for my clients when I'm not with them. The ability to provide customized, illustrated workouts for my clients has increased my client retention.

Cons

Needs an app to enhance the ease of use for the client. Needs more consistent additions to the exercise library. Illustrations of some exercises are inconsistent between gender options (e.g., stability ball leg curl, chest supported dumbbell row).

Fantastic

I have been using the WorkoutLabs Train for a few months with my online personal training clients and found it has quickly become invaluable for training my clients. I find it simple and quick to plan and schedule workouts for clients and the feedback I have had from my clients is that they find it easy and straight forward to use. It makes me look professional and saves me a lot of time. There is new exercises being added all the time so I can keep mixing things up for my clients. I can also create and save generic workouts when I have quiet spells so I can use them with new clients without starting a whole new plan from scratch. Highly recommend!

Cons

Thank you Aimee! Happy to hear your clients enjoy using the platform too. We'll soon be adding built-in messaging so you and your clients can be better connected without leaving the site.

Beautiful drawings and excelllent descrtiptions. Need more exercises.

Pros

I love the drawings and my clients find the descriptions easy to follow. The PDF files have a very clean look.

Cons

- Not enough of the exercises I use often (slam ball, TRX, unilateral work) - While I love the PDF files for clients I've found the other features of the site limited - My clients who signed up got too many emails telling them it was a rest day and I didn't know how to fix it - I've lost workouts when I forgot to save

easy and enriching

the most important thing is the positive feedback I get from my clients - many of them are super busy professionals and the appreciate the daily workouts I send them with pictures and the ease of use on their smart phone - I know they are working out more often since I have used workoutlabs

Pros

easy to use

Cons

need more exercises that I use daily and pictures not available more equipment choices like sandbags it is labor intensive to drop workouts into each clients profile -would like to drop into everyones box with one click

Thank you for your review and feedback, Sonya! We will be adding a way to copy workouts to multiple clients at once very soon.

My Clients Love Me!

No more making videos at midnight or hours searching for reputable YouTubers. The explanations and drawings are just what my clients want and I love that I can trust the form as presented. And love the exercise selection! Thank you, Workout Lab!!!

Pros

Exercise selection, simplicity of presentation and trustworthy demos and descriptions

Cons

Cost

Workout Labs Review

Pros

Very easy to use drag and drop interface. Quick customer service. Easy to export workouts to clients and message them.

Cons

I would like more space to write descriptions of workouts and exercise modifications. You are limited in the number of characters you can enter. Occasionally I have to go back and enter spaces in my text as the software doesn't seem to enter them all the time.

Great software! I love that you can customize your page and everything is clean and simple looking.

Pros

Very easy to use, messaging system included to its easy to chat with clients, clients can move workouts around which is a huge plus.

Cons

Limited exercises in the library however that will continue to increase as the software grows! Also when trying to open a workout it takes a few clicks because the system thinks you are trying to move the workout to a different day.

Fabulous resource

It's clunky to use on the iPad, but it could be better on a laptop. ( I haven't got a laptop at the moment)

Pros

I love the clients being able to access it and to make comments. I think the calendars great though not always easy to move workout from day to day.

Cons

It's hard to scroll the pages on the iPad so navigating it takes a long time.

Thanks Jane! Do check it out on a computer when you have a chance :)

Best program builder so far

Pros

It’s easy to use and has a variety of exercises. Plus, they are always updating their library. My clients have an easy time accounting for their workouts.

Cons

It would be nice to have a client payment button. Also, it lacks mobility/flexibility/SMR/Corrective moves; there are a few, but it would be nice to see more.