AuctionWorx Enterprise Reviews

Mark C.

I am so happy we decided to go with Rainworx rather than build out our own auction software from scratch. Steve , Briana and the team at Rainworx are awesome.

Sidney B.

Eivind B.

Cons

There seems to be a problem with the refresh. During the online auction, there is a message that pops up periodically saying that live updates are not happening.

Nancy S.

Mike P.

Currently no feature that lets you mass-edit your categories and products. Needs more built-in features and options for payment and invoicing.

Eivind B.

4.9

Great enterprise grade auction software

We were looking for and alternative to public auction sites that charge huge fees for selling our vehicles. AuctionWorx allowed us to save literally thousands of dollars in fees by bringing the process in house.

Pros

Ease of use and setup are fantastic. Everything you could want in an enterprise grade online auction software is here. If you are looking for a place to get away from the big E or just a great private auction software, this one is for you. Things it has that we needed and love: registered users with custom fields, User email verification, auto email notifications, reserve amounts, buy it now, quick...

Cons

It wasn't free, and it didn't install itself? Seriously, you get what you pay for so if you invest in this product you will NOT regret it.

2nd Supply Corp Review Auctionworx Software

Excellent sales, service, and support throughout the entire process thus far. This is a top of the line company!

Pros

Ease of use. Efficiency. Design. No Fees.

Cons

Wish there were more accounting features for consignors and consignments however, I was told there will be more in the software upgrades coming later this year.

Robust, but extremely complex to setup and use

We've assisted clients in setting up and running AuctionWorx for their auction websites.

Pros

Out of the box, AuctionWorx comes full packed with payment processing, a huge amount of settings, and a decent front-end + back-end. Their support is also A1, and will help you with everything from getting the software installed, map your domains, and assistance with configuring the software in order to go live. All of our support tickets were answered and addressed within a few hours.

Cons

AuctionWorx is quite difficult to deploy on a server, and has some pretty strict server requirements. Chances are, you won't be able to set this up on your own hosting provider of choice, so you'll be stuck rolling with their hosting plan. Once you're set up, you'll also find that unlike other solutions on the market, there's no real theme or extension/plugin market, so customization and extending the base software is either extremely complex or just not possible at all. Given the cost and complexity of AuctionWorx, it's hard to justify setting it up and using it for your eCommerce platform given the number of easier to use solutions available.

Highly stable and highly customizable auction software

My experience with AuctionWorx software is great. My team has helped more than 20 clients to setup their businesses and get their customizations done in no time. Amazing support team that is ready to walk the extra mile to help their customers.

Pros

You can setup it in one hour. Without any customization you can achieve almost all that is needed from an auction software. Amazing support team. Ready to answer all your queries in no time. Multi Vendor Highly customizable. Almost everything can be achieved if you hire a right development partner.

Cons

No Cons so far as I was able to achieve almost everything that I wanted to.

Rock-solid product and outstanding support

We are developing a customized online auctions platform for very high value luxury items. We could not find any off the shelf platform suitable for this, so I spent almost one month evaluating nearly 40 companies before settling on Auctionworx. The majority of alternatives were either geared toward the bottom of the market i.e. mediocre eBay clones, OR if designed for high-end applications such as real estate, antiques or vintage cars they came with an equally high-end subscription price in some cases 10X the price of Auctionworx. Also accompanied by arrogant, unhelpful sales and support staff - you know, the types of people that are incapable of giving you straight answers to straight questions. The Rainworx team has been a breath of fresh air and they are a delight to work with.

Pros

The experience from beginning to end has been exceptional, from pre-sales to developer support. The core product is extremely well designed and behaves exactly as you would expect it to with absolutely no surprises. But is also designed to be customized to suite unique auction requirements. The documentation for developers is clear and comprehensive. But best of all, the support team has been amazingly responsive, providing clear actionable answers whenever we needed guidance.

Cons

Really can't fault the product in any way. As I understand it their hosting plans are limited to servers located in the US only. It would be nice if they offered a hosting plan on Azure and AWS for international companies that prefer not have to host it themselves.

Superb, Friendly, Super Helpful

Having trawled the internet for some type of auction software, we came upon Rainworx site, which looked the most professional and the most appropriate for what we needed. Yes, it does cost a bit to set up - however I would say it has been worth every penny. Steve, who is our guy in the States, has been amazing - any email we send is replied to in a couple of days at the latest - but usually the...

Cons

THE platform to build your auction house on

The software is sophisticated while still being easy to understand. AuctionWorx helped me understand front-end developing thanks to the great documentation and support you get from RainWorx. Simply put: If you're serious about starting a professional online auction house, there's no need to look further.

Pros

It is simple to understand, yet highly flexible and customizable.

Cons

- Currently no feature that lets you mass-edit your categories and products. - Needs more built-in features and options for payment and invoicing.

Excellent

When I was first trying to start my business, ART55.co.uk, I used a rival companies software that was around the £700 mark and the site never launched. The software just wasn't good enough. So I went to Rainworx, yeah it is one of the most expensive out there... but you get what you pay for. I knew nothing about websites and how they ran, but the software is user friendly for someone setting...

A nicely executed upgrade from Auction Pro v7

We contracted with Rainworx to add Dutch Auction functionality into their SaaS product since that was why we were still running Auction Pro v7. 95% of our auctions are Dutch Auctions. We're very satisfied with the results and appreciate running our auctions on a more modern platform.

Pros

Cloud based, which does away with the need for server and database management duties. Also, far better backend functionality for invoice generation and sales reports than Auction Pro v7.

Cons

No glaring issues at this time. We've only been live for a few weeks, and support has been quick to remedy any bugs or fixes necessary.

Dont waste your time with cheaper solutions

Overall support is decent albeit couple days sometimes. For set up this was fine but for an mergency may prove difficult. You get what you pay for and this is one of the best solutons out ther.

Pros

This solution is simple and easy to use and allows for customization. Dont worry about the confinements and fees of other auction sites. Crate your own t easily integrate into your own marketing needs and website.

Cons

I would like to be able to categorize products and then mass edit them. Or search for an option and then mass edit as well.

Outstanding Customer Support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (and all support staff_

I have had the software for less than a year, and have only recently began using it to conduct auctions for my business. I am becoming more familiar with the product and appreciating it more. I can see me having a very long-term relationship with the product.

Pros

I like the idea of being able to allow third-party sellers to use the site. I also like the idea of being able to own the software and customize it to my needs. I also LOVE the support I get with the product. I am not a software engineer, and your support staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular who I deal with on a daily basis, is always very responsible and very courteous when I have questions or need assistance. Top notch!

Cons

I have used several online auction platforms and am familiar with the best and worst of all of them. AuctionWorx has some features I would like to see, such as the ability to identify consignors (other than the seller), and generate consignor settlement reports.

AuctionWorx Enterprise, top notch!

Pros

The entire thing is the best program I’m found! It handles everything for my auctions and sales. All I have to do is add my listings and it handles the rest. Love this software!

Cons

There isn’t anything I dislike about this software.

Great product with 1st class support helped me achieve my goals.

The freedom to create and hold my own auctions away from the restrictions of Ebay.

Pros

It's easy to use and very powerful in what it can do. It's potential is unlimited and gives you scope to expand your business. It has a very user-friendly design and my customers have commented about its ease of use and that it is one of the best of its kind around.

Cons

Only able to give a flat rate shipping option on listings. Only able to see fixed price or events on homepage, not both at the same time. Should be more opportunities for user customization, design, layout etc.

AuctionWorx Customer Review

After searching for months for the right online auction software for a new business we ended up going with AuctionWorx developed by the folks over at RainWorx based upon a demo of their software and its affordable price. The software is well built with all the right features and options you need to run an online auction business. A good UI with great customization options to fine-tune the site...

Amazing Customer Service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal in helping me set up my account and get my site up and running.

Pros

The auction function does everything I need and the customer service at Auction Worx is stellar!

Cons

No cons, the process was easy to follow and the price was reasonable.

Great People! Great Software! Cust support rep in particular has been Extremely Helpful! & Friendly!

Happy Customers!

Pros

Interface is very friendly. Smooth. Clean, Updated. Easy to use for customization, and plug and play type work!

Cons

Auction Worx has been wonderful to work with.

It allows us to conduct weekly sales of a huge variety of items.

Pros

It's easy to use for the sellers, for the buyers and for us (we manage the sales). The reports are very user friendly. We appreciate the special programming that Auctionworx does.

Well Thought Out

Exceptional. Rainworx provides both a quality product AND world class customer support.

Pros

This software makes running your own auctions EASY while looking good. We operate a very specialized use of auction software, and the new Rainxworx Events Edition does everything we need out of the box. We like how extensive the options are for customizing your auctions.

Cons

We have no complaints, everything works as expected.

Wisden Auction Rates Rainworx Highly

Excellent, id recommend it.

Pros

The Rainwork software is everything we want to rub our Auction Site, it was easy to set up and the control panel helped us adapt it to our needs, the best thing to say thought is the customer support, it is of excellent standard and we couldn't ask for more. Even if it is answering some of our daft (we are non IT) questions, I am very impressed and have been using the software for 3 years now and would do so again.

Cons

The only Con is that the Company are US based and we are UK based, it means we have a 5 hour time delay but even with this an answer is pretty quick , even if logged at 8am uk time.

Great software!

I have spent several years trying to build our own auction website as an addition to our online store. I have tried multiple softwares and had major problems with them all. I decided to try Rainworx software as a last resort with a large auction scheduled for February. The software is fantastic. The set up is extremely easy and it has all the important features needed to run an auction. I have many computer challenged customers. My auctions need to be simple and straight forward. Rainworx software offers this. My website is fast, easy to use and looks great. The Rimworx team was willing to work with me to help customize a few things and I was ready to go in no time. I would highly recommend this software!

Brilliant!

Looking for a straight forward and affordable Auction Site solution? This definitely fits the bill! Very good out of the box solution that has all that you would expect for an online Auction Site. Due to our business requirements & lack of technical resources onsite we were heavily reliant on Rainworx for additional customization work. They did not disappoint, in fact this for us is where they separate themselves from others. Their service and development work is exceptional, no job too small or large. Thank you Rainworx, you guys are fantastic!

Great software - Great Service! 5 Stars *****

I am so happy we decided to go with Rainworx rather than build out our own auction software from scratch. Steve , Briana and the team at Rainworx are awesome! They have always been prompt and professional with any questions we've had or custom software changes we've made. The software itself is stable, user friendly and reliable. It has all the features you need to run a successful online auction. I am very happy with Rainworx and look forward to working with them as the business grows. Thank you Rainworx!

Very Happy Customer!

It's been a real pleasure working with the Rainworx team. Software is feature packed and stable. We've done some very heavy customizing to the software and they've supported us every step of the way. From support with the code, to server support to answering questions, helping us customize - they've been fast and helpful. I would definitely recommend them, and would choose their company again. A++!

Superb software - Superb service

The software and team are very professional and after lots of research, we could not find anything better. The hosting is also very good and very stable and reliable. The customer service from the team is superb with a very quick response to any questions or concerns that you may have. A great big thanks to Rainworx from us at StuffMine. Highly recommended.

Cons

You are not only buying software, but a great support team as well..........

Thanks to the RainWorx software, we have achieved our goal in creating a customized, user friendly auction site in the most cost effective way. Their staff is very professional and respond to any situation promptly. The software is great and the service is incredible!