baxus Reviews

4.59/5 (22 reviews)

Gillian McPherson

Amazing online diary

Reviewed 2018-09-25

In all I am delighted with this service. Keep up the good work.

Pros
I find this system easier and more functional than any other I have used in the past. I probably don’t use half the features available I mainly use the diary which sends out reminder texts to clients lets me store record cards it’s a godsend I also use the stock menu these features really help me with my every day running of my Salon.

Cons
Occasionally we have had no internet access in salon therefore I have to access through my mobile which is a slight pain also I still have clients replying occasionally to their text reminders both of these are through no fault of Baxus.

michelle pike

very happy client

Reviewed 2017-03-07

I started with Baxus only 5 months ago and since joining up with them my sales are a lot more controlled and less room for mistakes and under charging. They are very approachable and extremely helpful and respond within the hour usually, they take on board any ideas and advice I feel may help their soft wear and make it more simple for other hairdressers to use, they are very progressive and up grade and add features regularly. my staff can keep track of their goals and targets as they can log in on their phone as Baxus is in the "cloud" which means it is accessible 24/7 . I highly recommend Baxus to any one wanting an affordable, simple to use soft wear for their salon.

Pros
easy to use and its in the cloud so available 24/7

Cons
stock needs more reports and needs a "time Clock" for staff.

Craig Price

Beat on the market

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Pros
I was one of thrbfirst to use backs 5 years ago and have never had any problems. It's good value and very easy to use. I always get positive feedback from clients on how easy it is to book an appointment.

Cons
Honestly nothing. Maybe one thing is to be able to add a permanent lunch break in my diary instead of Having to do it on each day

Alecia Hodgson

Great program for the price

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Love the ease of online booking. It should be great if there were a few more features related to the customer data base.

Pros
The cost is great compared to other programmes. There is always customer service help when you need it. They are great.

Cons
Some things are quite basic what you can and can't do. There always seems to be an odd glitch in the system. But like I said it is a cheaper programme so to be expected.

Skye McKie

It has been a life changer and saver

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Excellent! Customer service is very supportive! They have helped me with mail chimp!

Pros
The price was what first got me. The easy and convenience of booking in clients and confirming bookings all without me having to worry. Being a soul trader it can be overwhelming at the best of times, baxus just takes care of all my admin!

Cons
Not much I have to say! It’s so easy to use!

Kate McQuitty

6 months in and still good

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Pros
Easy to use. From tracking stock levels, taking bills, recording client info, reports to scheduling appointments

Cons
Text message length is limited. No option to send either a text or email individually. Once a booking is created it will not have confirmation details updated if you then update confirmation details (if you edit the confirmation message for any reason, I actually moved premises and had to go through and delete and rebook each individual appointment, time consuming and should have been unnecessary)

Dominika Dymarska

Terrible lack of support

Reviewed 2017-06-14

none

Pros
Easy to use and simple, good pricing. everything was really easy to set up and we were looking forward to using the system.

Cons
The system failed to issue notification on new booking. We reported this multiple times and never had any reply. Now I a, not sure how to cancel the subscription.

Response from baxus

Hi Dominika
Thank you for your review and your positive comments about the system and pricing. We are incredibly sorry for the experience you have had with our support. We don't want any of our customers to have experiences like this and we understand your frustration. I believe someone has since been in touch with you. Unfortunately, baxus doesn't send notifications for new online bookings, however, the booking does appear as a highlighted message within the appointment book. We have created a feature request for new booking notifications so it may be added in the future. We have also taken your feedback about our support on board and endeavour to do better in future.
Anna

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Ashleigh Olson

Great for small salons

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I love baxus. Easy to use and good for my self employed salon

Pros
Easy to use, cost effective, automatic txts able to be sent at different times

Cons
Client profiles don’t update all appointments when you update their client info so if you add a cellphone number after you have created appointments it doesn’t add it.

Claire Plumb

Hight recommend

Very good

Pros
Very easy to use. Loads of features. Great online booking

Cons
Wish I could delete client's detail my self

Cinnemon trail

salon owner

Reviewed 2018-10-25

makes my job so easy. My new staff member taking longer to use but he has never used a computor

Pros
it is so easy to use as I am not a computor person at all. This is a no hassel programme

Cons
none at moment. Stuggling to think of one

Louise Higgins

Excellent salon program

Reviewed 2017-03-16

I have been using Baxus for 9months now and love the simplicity of this salon program. This is a business that listens to its users with suggestions for different reporting tools taken on board and implemented. Customer service is exceptional with response time minimal. I would highly recommend Baxus not only for its functionality but also as a product that is reasonably priced .

Pros
Easy to use, affordable, SMS messaging service excellent

natalie fouquet

Great for my little home salon

Pretty good

Pros
Keeping track of sales and how clients pay so I can get my weekly totals accurately

Cons
Would like to print off end of week totals , and clients history is an easy click

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Simple to set up

Reviewed 2018-10-17

I have found reports and general use functional and practical

Pros
I found this software very easy and efficient to set up. I have contacted the support chat for help regarding how to do gift vouchers and they were very helpful and quick to respond.

Cons
The separate phone number for the reminder text messages confuse customers.

Leonie Fasher

Pretty good

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Good. There was a fault once and they new about it straight away, sent a message out saying they are fixing it. I was happy with that. Problem resolved quickly. Needs improved features but they are constantly improving so it will come.

Pros
It is a good salon software that is easy to set up yourself

Cons
Not really mobile compatible, although I do use it only off my phone.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Sherryn Lagos

Perfect

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Pros
It is very easy to navigate with either a computer or phone and it has everything i need for my business

Cons
Nothing. I really like all the features

Demetria Makarios

More money for new shoes!

Reviewed 2016-07-20

As a boutique clinic I am very mindful of our out goings. When Cathy from Baxus came into the clinic and showed me the software and told me the costs and the fact there are no contracts I was sold. They did the information transfer for me and I was then up and running. Ive gone from paying $230 a month for software to paying $4per week with txt messaging costing half the price. They offer a 30day free trial, so you've really got nothing to loose by trying it!

Pros
The value of this software is amazing, there is part of you who thinks its too good to be true! Trust me it delivers exactly what it promises. I have found it easy to navigate my way around, very user friendly.

Cons
Honestly there really are no cons about the software.

Response from baxus

Thanks Demetria! Good to hear you're loving using baxus :)

Pip Burr

Rwview

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Pros
Ease to use. Docents have any fancy shit you don't need

Cons
Would like another user option between limited and standard

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Tamara West

Satified

Reviewed 2018-10-24

im satisfied with baxus as it is an easy software to use, i dont need anything too full on at the moment and although there are certain things that have made working much easier and quicker with other software companies i dont think they are necessary (just something that would be good to see improved)

Pros
The software is easy to use, has everything you need to run your salon sufficiently. I always get a clear answer to any queries i have and a quick response rate.

Cons
There are certain areas that could be added to the software to make things a little easier in other aspects. ie: reports could be a bit more indepth, one that would be helpful for ordering would be an in salon stock and retail report so we can see what has been used and sold and just reorder those products. immediate updates rather than waiting the 30mins. make it easier to find colour history when clicking on a clients appointment. maybe having their colour history on the left hand side as well.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Sandra Brabon

Super easy to use

Reviewed 2018-09-24

I love it that my customers get reminders the day before, this reduces the “no shows”. Also the convenience for customers to book online and I can check my diary anywhere anytime

Pros
It’s easy for my business and easy for my customers to use.

Cons
As a dog grooming salon I would like fields in the bookings to show on the colander for the dogs name and breed

Melissa Vine

Melissa's review

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Pros
its easy to use and when you do run into a problem the helpers are always there and happy to help

Cons
sometimes i find it won't cash up on me and then you look later and it has

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lisa Flipp

Very easy to use, affordable and great features.

Reviewed 2016-05-24

This product has helped my salon grow with reminder texts, marketing campaigns and full business reporting. Less no shows, more repeat clients and helps staff remember clients history. Highly recommend to all salons.

Response from baxus

Thanks for the review Lisa. We're glad you're loving it!

Matt Forsman

Simple, effective and functional

Reviewed 2017-03-02

We have been using Baxus for almost a year now, it is user-friendly and simple to explain to new users. The Customer support they offer is phenomenal and as a young company, they are always adding new features.