Upserve Reviews

4.3

How would you rate Upserve?

Pros

We have had great success with this product from ease of set up (if you can use an iphone, you can use this product!) to tracking sales and inventory.

SB

Sasha B.

In addition to a great overall product, the 24hr phone support is outstanding if you ever have any issues.

SB

Sasha B.

It is far more affordable than most POS software/hardware options, is reliable, and has great customer service.

AT

Anna T.

Cons

The system does crash from time to time, which can be very frustrating during a busy show.

LM

Lana M.

It’s hard to move order and restart. Sometimes we have problem with clocking in and it causes inconveniences.

BP

Bryant P.

If you leave call back they might call you back next day by the time they call back damage is done.

ca

cengiz a.

Warning! WORST p.o.s EVER. do NOT get!

absolutely the worse. It would cost us $36,000 to end contract 3 years early- so that is the Only reason we are staying. :( I wish I would have read more reviews before going with Upserve. I have tried talking to customer service on phone and have been told repeatedly they prefer email only to top everything off--- so no issues we have with them have gotten resolved. We have had them now for almost 8 months.

Pros

The handhelds fit in our aprons better then our last p.o.s did

Cons

Customer Service, expect to be on hold for at least 1 hour every time needing help. The handhelds LAG. Everything takes an extra few steps then other P.O.S. Not user friendly

Very user friendly

Pros

What I like about Breadcrumb is that it is very user friendly. I found that I was able to figure most things out on my own, without having to get support. However, when you do need support, the ability to chat with someone online is very useful!

Cons

I have no real complaints thus far. If I had to choose something, it would be that for a tasting menu we have not yet found the best way to set up the ringing in of the menu and being able to fire each course. We will be contacting support about this to see what can be done.

Great POS system

I am very satisfied. There are the little things here and there, but definitely the pros outweigh the cons.

Pros

I love the ease of pulling up reports, checks, editing the menus, staff, etc. It is very user friendly! Everything is so quick to update too. I love that it operates offline too when necessary

Cons

I can't do certain functions Most recently: Transfer a check after the next trading day Doesn't link to quickbooks online directly - need to go through a 3rd party Can't pull up a particular employee's check out report from a previous day; can only pull up master check out

Hi Justine, thanks for the constructive review! We are happy to hear that our system has been so easy and user friendly for you. Thanks again for the review!

upsurge review

Pros

Easy to teach to new employees, easy to use and setup, analytics are great, reporting is awesome, makes daily cash outs a breeze

Cons

nothing really. It was the easiest I've ever used to setup and run

User friendly and great customer service

So far my experience has been very good. I really like to be able to search for items if I am unable to find the item I am looking for instead of having to look through multiple tabs. I also had a great experience calling customer service, they were very knowledgeable and friendly while helping talking me through how to solve my problem.

Pros

Very user friendly when adding or changing menu items for management use. Easy for servers to ring in orders and make notes on dishes to communicate with the kitchen.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. It is much better than previous software that I have worked with.

Hi Allison, thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear that Breadcrumb has been so easy for you and your staff. Thanks again for the review!

A Great Strategic Decision

I have only good things to say about the Upserve system and people.

Pros

The Upserve platform allowed us dynamic access to vital information, it was also the only system that accommodated legacy systems such as our gift cards platform. Their team continues to work with us allowing us to innovate further.

Cons

None really, where we have needed assistance they have worked closely with us.

Upserve for the win!

We love upserve. We installed it in our very first restaurant 3 years ago. We have recently changed over hardware and software at 3 additional restaurants that we consult in. The hardware, and service costs are excellent compared to competitors.

Pros

Upserve is user friendly on both the front end and back of house. Adding buttons in real time at the point of sale is the best feature!

Cons

At this time nothing is an issue for us at any of the restaurants. They keep adding to services to address any issues with both reporting needs!

Breadcrumb: the next best thing since sliced bread

Compared to its competitors an absolute walk in the park. So self explanatory and easy to customize.

Pros

How user friendly it is. It’s easy to add in items and delete. You don’t need a ton of training to get it up and running. Customer service is always so helpful.

Cons

It’s an app so sometimes needs to be refreshed. When your working in a high volume environment that can be a bit of a stumbling block.

Hi Patience, thank you for the terrific review! We are happy to hear that Breadcrumb has been so user friendly for you and your staff. Thanks again for the review!

A company of callous values - never use

Furthermore, our rep did not work to resolve the issue in a caring way

Pros

No pros when this gives you something that any other brand would give...and other brands actually care about the customer

Cons

Terrible company with loathsomely selfish values. They have a known error that can cause you and your employees to lose ALL tips during their frequent offline mode issues. If this happens, it is company policy to not recover a single dime of the money that they have lost. This shows callous and total lack of care for their customers, and shows zero responsibility for their faulty systems. Never use Upserve / Breadcrumb.

Hi Lee, It looks like you called into Upserve Support due to an offline mode occurrence. The Support Team member was able to manually capture the payments for the day in UberGateway with the check amounts for you. As you know, sign-on screen functionality is not supported in offline mode, meaning we cannot legally capture any tips without proof of signature. The matter was escalated to our...

We really like Upserve

Excellent customer service. minimal downtime, good payment processing rates, easy to use.

Pros

We've used Upserve (previously Breadcrumb) for going on seven years. Our downtime has been very minimal. The app is easy to use and train our employees on. We are high volume at times and Upserve helps us streamline our order taking and payment processing so that we may service many guests quickly.

Cons

The reporting is good, but could be better. It's simple and that speeds our sales analysis.

Upserve Review

Pros

Upserve/Breadcrumb has come a long way in stability. Customer service is A+ and very responsive.

Cons

From HQ standpoint. Could use a more robust toolset when looking at YTD data. Currently, a little difficult to parse historical data. Would love to see comparison charts over time.

Hi there Johnnie - thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that your experience with Upserve has been a positive one. I'm going to flag this to our Success team and see what we can do feature/functionality wise to get you the data you need faster. Thanks again!

Best option available

Pros

Across the board the best pos on the market. Customer service, trouble shooting, programming, ease of use. Everything.

Cons

The only card swiper option available is quite cheaply made and typically only lasts us 3-6 months tops. When it won’t read a card and we have to manually enter, the manual entry screen is sluggish and has always been. This is my only complaint.

Hi there Zach - thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that your experience with Upserve has been a positive one. I'll relay this information to our Product team about the swipers. As you know, we have a 1-year warranty on all our hardware, so don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team for a replacement. Thanks again, Zach!

Frustrating Customer Service

I would say that this software is fine for a small operation that doesn't need much support. I would not recommend this software to any hospitality company that wants to grow, expand or has any issues out of the ordinary. Based upon the quality of the employees and turnover, I don't know what the long-term plan for this company is.

Pros

User friendly for staff to learn Daily Reporting is useful and easy to access/understand

Cons

We had a HORRIBLE implementation team and incurred crippling issues for our first 2 months. The customer service team was mediocre at best at this time and we could never speak to the same person twice. We hired an attorney to help us return the product for a full refund- we finally got the attention of upper management who had a retention team who was pretty good and helped fix all of our issues. Fast forward 1 year and no one from that retention team appears to still work at Upserve. The customer service for basic issues is just fine. If you have a problem that they are not familiar with, however, get ready to be frustrated. Emails and calls are not returned, promises are not kept and some of the reps are totally clueless.

Hi there Christine, we're sorry to hear that your experience with Upserve hasn't been great. We have many multi-location groups that work with us and use our system, so we want to ensure you get the same type of experience they do. We'll go ahead and flag this to our Success and Support team, and we hope we can come to a resolution. Thanks for the review Christine, it's honest feedback like this that helps us refocus and get back on track.

Upserve POS is a Great System to Consider

The Upserve POS system serves our yoga studio in-house cafe and events department needs very well.

Pros

The formerly Breadcrumb, now Upserve POS is an easy to use system that has numerous settings lending to our multi-area/multi offerings for varied menu items and there are a number of very comprehensive reports available. The software's integration with our restaurant's iPads and kitchen printer works seamlessly.

Cons

Have experienced nothing negative with this system, to date.

Excellent customer support

Very pleased. The 24/7 customer support is like none other I've experienced. They answer the phone quickly, typically resolve the issue in a matter of minutes, and are always pleasant to work with.

Pros

Its extremely easy to use. It takes no time at all for new staff to learn and be comfortable using this system.

Cons

Item button layout. Wish there were more options to configure the screens

Hi there Connor! Thanks for the review. We're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with our Support team, and that the system has been doing well for you. What are you looking for specifically when it comes to the item button layout? We're always interested in learning more from our customers on how we can improve our product. Let us know!

For the price and ease of use, I doubt Breadcrumb can be beat.

It's come a long way since Upserve acquired them. The customer service used to be really lacking, and there used to be a lot of service outages. There's been a huge improvement there. The new app is much better, but I'd like to see more information available on it.

Pros

The front of house interface is incredibly easy to use, and the feedback from my servers has been the same. Back of house setup is also very easy, and reporting is adequate for a small business like mine. The price is also very good for what you get.

Cons

Great system for small bars or restaurants

System works great and anytime I have questions or help, it is met with professionalism and quickly.

Pros

The ease of changing features is key. The search option for items also makes it easy for employees.

Cons

When things go down, they go down hard. Redundant features need a little more help.

Hi there Aaron, thank you for your review! Our team would love to know more about what you mean by "redundant features" and how we can better our product to fit your needs. Let us know - always happy to listen to our customers on how we can improve. Cheers!

Red Bird Review of Bread Crumb System

Pros

Super simple interface. I love that it is iOS based and items can be changed on the fly from any station. Also great reporting on the back end and I love that it includes a costing function.

Cons

That it apparently is not taking on any additional customers and appears to be going out of business. I was told the whole team had been let go and Groupon, their parent company, was closing up their shop. Also support could have been slightly more helpful and it would be nice to have better note functions. A scheduling function would be nice. Emailed individual daily sales to employees and the ability to account for tips that have been split between multiple employees, i.e. tipping out.

UpServe is essential

Pros

Great interface via computer and mobile devices. Reports are thorough and offer click throughs to further data. The ability to monitor in real time is very helpful.

Cons

I've had a couple hiccups in the past with reports not being sent, but that seems to be corrected now.

Hi there - thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that Upserve has been helpful for you and your business. Let us know if there's anything else we can do you make this experience for you top notch. Cheers!

it is a great pos, when it works

Pros

easy to setup and use, portable, can have as many stations as i need, can just add new ones when i need.

Cons

when offline you cannot use giftcards or type in cc #'s, also they do not have a hardwired terminal so if your internet goes it can be a pain in the butt. once you create an item you cannot delete it just have to archive it. when your creating items and you save it it auto puts you back at the beginning instead of the sub folder you were in

Upserve the intuitive solution

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is. The multi-tab pages with time sensitivity for happy hour specials and other specials is an excellent feature. It helps prevent mistakes that can be easily made on other POS systems. I was also a big fan of the floor plan table map as even some POS systems which have far predated breadcrumb still don't have. I also was a big fan of the customer service support.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software was the inability to use seat numbers to separate guests checks as this is a feature that some, but not all POS systems have.

Very user friendly and intuitive

Pros

I love the customer support. Anytime I have even a tiny question, I can message them and they help me out right away.

Cons

I'd like a specialized version for breweries/taprooms.

Hi there Tasha! Thanks for your honest feedback. We're happy that our Customer Support has been helpful whenever you reach out! Although our system is built out for restaurants in mind, we want to make sure we accommodate all types of customers we have. You probably already know, but we have a list of marketplace integrations that specialize with breweries and taprooms. Don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager in order to learn more if you haven't already done so! Cheers, The Upserve Team

My experience

I find it easy to track inventory and usage patterns.

Pros

I appreciate that I can update remotely and the ease of customizing reports.

Cons

The amount of steps needed to make modifiers and the like.

Hi there Mary Kate! Thank you for your honest review - it's feedback like this that help us better our system. Feel free to reach out to our Support team and provide us ideas on how we can make modifiers an easier set up for you. We want to make sure the system is as user-friendly as possible. Thanks, Mary Kate. Cheers!

Easy Access to Support

Pros

Navigating through Breadcrumb is very user friendly and I am usually able to find the information I need. If I can't find information or confused about adding something to our POS, the chat feature is AMAZING. Someone is almost always available to answer any questions I have or refer me to an online article of steps to follow.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate through checks when looking for one specific item.

Hi Amanda, thanks for the fantastic review! We are glad to hear that you find our interface so user friendly and that our online chat has been so helpful for you. Thanks again for the great review!

Easy to Use

It has transformed my business. At times, though, customer service lacks. Hard to get a hold of and rarely is there follow up, even when it is promised. The easy of use makes it easy to fix things yourself.

Pros

The ease of programming allows you to make changes on the fly.

Cons

It can be inflexible, especially some of the new features. Particularly the Tip Pool

Hi Jay, thanks for the terrific review! We are happy to hear that Breadcrumb has transformed your business. Thanks again for the great review!