Upserve Reviews - Page 3

User-friendly software!

Pros

This is one of the most user-friendly pos systems I’ve used in my 10 year experience.

Cons

The fact that it is ran off of WiFi is a double-edged sword. While you are able to run it quickly and efficiently, if your WiFi goes down, the system cannot speak to devices nor can it run a credit card until your internet is back up. I also do not like that it does not have a credit card cache system (where you can swipe the card and it holds the information until needing to be closed out).

Great Customer Service

Pros

The customer service team at Upserve is fantastic. They've always been helpful, polite and kind. I honestly don't think I've worked with a customer service team that has been so helpful—especially these days when every customer service agent is being replaced by some sort of robot.

Cons

There are some minute features that would be nice to have—nothing major, but little settings we wish were included—things we could turn on or off instead of always being on.

Upserve POS thought of everything!

Pros

User friendly. Accessible and relevant reports.

Cons

Having to call support to re-open checks from previous days.

Hi there Grissel, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that the enjoy the system. We keep our customers in mind when building out features/functionality, so please continue to provide us ideas on how we can continue to be better and help your business.

Been a great addition for our restaurant...

Breadcrumb has enabled us to concentrate on growing our business!

Pros

Ease of use and training employees as well as ability to correct errors easily.

Cons

Wish there were more options for KDS and portable devices.

Hi Robert, thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear that Breadcrumb has enabled you to concentrate on growing your business! Thanks again for the review!

Amazing

Pros

User friendly and the ability for tech-support to put their thumb on the problem. Super simple to bounce out to QuickBooks. Easy to set up a menu .

Cons

Offline mode. Other than that there are not really many bad things to say about breadcrumb. I love you and I have it in all the restaurants and bars that we are.

Many years as a customer and overall very happy with the product.

Pros

I like the ability to make changes from anywhere and their ability to constantly update based on customer feedback unlike the archaic and expensive older POS systems.

Cons

The hardware doesn't always last as long as it should, the cc swipers, specifically. They either quit running cards or quit holding a charge.

Terrible customer support

terrible experience. such a mistake to sign contract with them. ones you sign contract good luck after.

Pros

nothing to like about this product. it suppose to be an upgrade from bread crumb but it isnot

Cons

goes offline often. when you need help it takes long time to connect to customer support. If you leave call back they might call you back next day by the time they call back damage is done.

Great tool!

It is our method of communicating and very helpful to pull immediate information.

Pros

Is a center for different purposes. I can look up transactions, history, guests history, reports in sales, etc.

Cons

It did take me a minute and a few phone calls to they 1-800 number to figure it out. The language is not very straight forward.

Just what you need to run a restaurant

Keeps us on track and helps monitor our sales and systems and inventory.

Pros

Ease of use. iPad utility. Simple to learn.

Cons

Should be able to more easily interface with other systems for data management.

Best choice ever! After using mny different platforms to perform day by day transactions.

To spend more time with the other functions of running the restaurant.

Pros

Everything from how easy it is to use. The detais which it provides. The fact that anytume there is a problem that can not be solved by myself or one of the users you can call Breadcrumb support and immediately a customer support representative will make sure you can solve any issue that can not be solved by the user of the software. The fact that you can have any analysis needed! Everything!!

Cons

That I had not used it earlier. That sometimes when you want to create new sections it is not that easy to do on my own. That though is easier in time.

Super easy interface and very intuitive with some major limitations.

It allows me to run my bar!

Pros

Ease of use. Whenever I'm unsure about how to do something my first guess is usually correct as the UI is well designed. The customer service is usually very helpful for solving issues.

Cons

Some of the offline limitations. We have been told that if we go offline not due to Breadcrumb/Upserve that we are out money if a transaction goes missing. This is a SERIOUS issue that we did not know when we signed up and may be a reason for us to leave.

Very Pleased

Pros

Lots of reporting options. Simple interface. Support has been there when I needed it.

Cons

Maybe a better 'on-boarding' process only because I didn't even know about some of the features until I got in and poked around. That being said, that's how I think most people find most things in most software titles.

Hi there Michael - thanks for your review! Upserve started as a credit card processor that provided insights and reports to small businesses, and we've really grown to make sure that the reporting options you have are exactly what you need. Let me know if there's anything in regards to the portal you're looking to learn more on. Happy to connect with a team member to give you more training.

ease of use!

amazing ability to monitor so many aspects of the establishment remotely

Pros

Recently began using upserve. Was my first time using this system and I was very happy at how easy it has been to learn to use! and I love how easy it is manage remotely from the website and the app for monitoring sales/activity is great too!

Cons

nothing to report here. everytime i have had any issue, i use the chat system and am helped instantly

Hi there David - thank you for your positive review! Let us know if you have any features and functionality you're hoping to see in the future. We take customer feedback to heart and make sure to implement what we can in our system. Thanks again, David!

Solid, User-Friendly Point of Sale System

Pros

-User Friendly -Fast, efficient -Interface is sleek, modern -Information is easily organizable

Cons

The system does crash from time to time, which can be very frustrating during a busy show. But we are always able to get through to a customer service representative who can help us figure out the issue.

POS Upgraded

Pros

Changing menu items on the fly, correcting mistakes from a previous trading day. ease of filtering items, and checks. The search function expedites the ordering process for servers. The quick serve function is great for to go orders.

Cons

Splitting checks, and splitting items is less than intuitive for some servers. For others, it's just a learning curve. While operating in offline mode is great, some of the problems that arise from it are a bit problematic. Again, this may be just a learning curve. Not being able to select a default tax rate has resulted in a loss of money, albeit small in the short term.

We are a small restaurant that uses Breadcrumb for our POS. We have two terminals.

Pros

I think it is a great systems. For management, it is easy to program and change items. For staff, the program is as easy as using a smart phone. New hires get it with-in 2 or 3 days.

Cons

Sometime it goes offline and the printers don't work, but the benefit of offline mode makes up for that completely.

I use the Upserve App to have access to live sales information at any time.

Live access to sales information.

Pros

It is live, so I know what is going on at any given moment in my restaurant. It provides information about labor, voids, and discounts, as well as comparisons to previous week or year. Very user friendly, easy viewing, and fast!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the software itself. Sometimes it is difficult to get support on the phone immediately, and our credit card processing fee percentage is on the high side.

I love BreadCrumb

Pros

I love that it runs on iPads, i love how easy it is to use. I would highly recommend this product, you can add specials and add ons to dished very simple.

Cons

I don't like that the system goes down or offline for about 1 hour after midnight, and it went down for New Years - that was horrible

We utilize this for our daily food costing, purchasing, and sustainability in the kitchen

Pros

Streamlines our back of house AIMLESSLY! Easy to use formatting and inputs that are not overly technical and allows even the first time user to flawlessly pump out a report. Forecasts fantastic food cost projections and allows us to get a detailed view of what we need to be cutting back on or which sector we can improve in. Ability to use for even smaller companies like us. Delivery management is amazing!

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app is a little trickier to navigate and get where you need to be as opposed to the desktop features, but consistent and constant updates have vastly improved this.

The Customer Support team makes this the best POS I've worked with.

Effective system, easy to use and terrific customer support.

Pros

No matter what issue arises, I can call customer support 24/7 and there is always someone courteous, professional and knowledgeable on the other line. Issues are always resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

Cons

The back button on the menu (backend) doesn't take you back to the previous screen but to the start of the menus. I haven't figured out how to track inventory against par values ( also backend) or if it's even possible.

Hi Linda, thanks for the fantastic review! We are happy to hear that our customer support has been such an asset to you. Thanks again for the great review!

First time user

Whenever we have issues, either my team or myself, it is very easy to get a hold of customer support and they are always helpful and stay on the line until a problem is resolved.

Pros

I like the idea that I can see my daily sales and items that sell the best

Cons

As an admin and not a user, it is difficult for me to understand the ins and outs with this software. It appears that there are a lot of options and functions that this software can provide and tools to assist in running a business.

Easy to use and train staff on and has most all of the functions we need.

Pros

That it is cloud based and I can use Upserve to get analytics from my phone on the go. Now that it has an offline mode, it is much more reliable as well.

Cons

There are still a few funky functions that either just don't exist or don't work properly, such as sharing items between people.

Best customer service

Upserve makes it easy for our staff to ring in orders, modify items, split checks, create tabs for people, etc. Overall, very easy to use.

Pros

What I like most is how user-friendly this software is. Unfortunately, there are occasions where things aren’t connecting or working as should but then there is always this amazing customer service team that comes through and helps us get back on track.

Cons

There is no specific thing I don’t like about the software.

Simple & Smooth

This software is super simple to use, and super easy to pick up on the spot. Sometimes support can be a challenge to get in touch with - especially the chat function. The support function on the POS software itself will close every time your screen times out, so be sure to keep touching the screen to keep your chat window alive!

Pros

If you have staff born after 1990, this software is going to be super simple for them to pick up and use immediately. Its so simple - there are no real "tricks" about the software - its just that easy!

Cons

I don't like that it hasn't been optimized for fast casual service yet - once you close a check, you have to do manual math to "refund" the customer on the same business day. I also wish the downloadable reports were easier to read. CSV documents have no formatting whatsoever, and it becomes hard to read. I've ended up simply printing the reports webpage, rather than downloading individual reports. I also wish I could run reports on specific items and their sell trends.

A good contemporary POS system

Pros

Ease of use and reliability, use of off-the-shelf iPads

Cons

License feels expensive when you get a few stations set up

Hi John, thanks for the terrific review! We are glad to hear that you have had such a positive experience with Upserve and find our software user friendly! Thanks again for the great review!