Upserve Reviews - Page 4

A Good Choice

Pros

Very user friendly, intuitive, and easy to learn

Cons

The backend for programming can use some work. It would be great if it didn't take you back to the home screen every time you hit save.

Hi there Justin - thank you for the 10/10 recommendation! We're happy to hear that everything has been going well over at Harper's. I'll relay this home screen redirect to our Product team and see what we can do. We want to make sure the workflow is optimal for you and your team. Thanks Justin!

Solid and modern

Quite good, but better integrations would allow me to get data across the various software pieces that I use. The system is super stable and reliable, so it's honestly hard to complain too much.

Pros

Easy to use and train FOH staff. Backend is intuitive and easy to use

Cons

Not quite perfectly setup for fine dining, and we don't have great printer control or ability to control how the kitchen chits look or are laid out. I'm still waiting for an promised integration with SevenRooms that hasn't happened.

Thanks for the terrific review! We are happy to hear that training your FOH staff to use our system was so simple and that you find it so easy to use!

Love Breadcrumb & Upserve

Pros

It is soooo easy to use and any issues are quickly resolved by a very knowledgable customer support

Cons

If i could add one feature it would be to have the option to put salaried people's daily rates in the payroll section so my daily labor cost is more accurate

We have used breadcrumb for almost five years. It has grown and improved drastically.

Quick, efficient, generally reliable.

Pros

Offers most of the flexibility and capabilities of other pos with the addition of a far superior UI and in my opinion superior UX

Cons

Still catching up in some small respects like perfecting single item splits across multiple checks.

Great potential but poorly managed system

We were in need to update our POS system to a cloud based system and include chip reading. While Upserve did meet this requirement. The customer support management is very lacking past small issues that can be helped over a quick 10 minute chat. Emails sent to our senior representatives at Upserve get rarely a reply or a phone call to understand our issues. Our overall experience has been that the system had a great potential but the customer service is lacking when big issues arise.

Pros

- Ease of use - Cloud based reporting - The stationary units work great - Fast customer support for basic questions (read below for more info)

Cons

- Poor followup on serious issues, customer support is lacking if the issue can't be resolved with a quick internet chat - Poor quality of android tableside devices (2 units stopped working withing 30 days) - Software is missing key features or have bugs that don't seem to be worked on - Support during startup was absent (even when it was promised)

Upserve for the win! Love this product!

A product I'm still learning from!

Pros

The customer service this company provides is a grand slam in itself.

Cons

Adding menu items is a little tricky, but if you have any problems, the team walks you right through it, or fixes it for you from their end.

We switched from Lavu to Breadcrumb a couple of months ago and it was the best thing we ever did.

Streamlined reporting, a user-interface that allows us to operate with increased efficiency during peak times, and a customizable back end that we can easily tailor to suit the needs of a new business that needs constant change and evolution.

Pros

The ease of use, and learning all the bells and whistles couldn't be easier. We are a taproom with no food, but plenty of options (pour size, beer and shot pairings, cocktails, wine, etc), and we had no troubles getting it installed, getting our employees up and running, etc. Running reports (labor, product mix, sales, etc) is a breeze. Easily my favorite after years of Aloha, Lavu, Toast, etc.

Cons

I can't really say I have had any negative experiences. Well, we had a special one day menu and when we implemented it, every single item on the menu had sales tax (previously were tax inclusive). But it could be user error on our part, as the person who made the menu was not too familiar with the program.

great system

Pros

how user friendly it is and easy to navigate through the entire process. how fast the credit cards are processed through the banks

Cons

the functions that are not allowed on the system for full service venues and that it is 100% wifi reliant

Upserve's backend design and customer service for the win.

Overall Upserve can handle our volume well enough in most settings. It's a great product for restaurants and bars.

Pros

The Upserve chat option 24/7 use is excellent for solving any and all issues that come up. The HQ is also well designed and allows administrators better control over menu design.

Cons

The frontend of Upserve is a bit clunky and slow to use. Not the best product for a retail setting.

Great POS Product

Pros

Functionality and ease of use, plus great customer service. I receive immediate assistance with any issues and the customer service agents are all extremely helpful.

Cons

Lack of integration with certain other systems.

Upserve

Pros

all around , service and the communication between the pos and our reservation system that allows our Maitre d' knows where each table is their meal

Cons

chip reader. sometimes its slow and slow our service

Fantastic!

I love how easily accessible everything is!

Pros

What I love most about this software is how user friendly it is and especially, how quickly I can monitor our reviews.

Cons

I wish the reviews were updated more frequently.

Breadcrumb Reviews

Has allowed us better accuracy in entering orders and increased speed of service. I enjoy the ability to remotely track business in real time and make adjustments to labor as needed. Product mix report has been advantageous in developing new menu.

Pros

Very user friendly! Most user friendly system I’ve ever used. Easy for my employees who have never used a POS system to learn in a day.

Cons

Does not have the ability top track half hour sales.

Hi Vickie, thanks for the terrific review! We are happy to hear that our POS is the most user friendly system you have ever used. Thanks again for the great review!

Efficient System

It is a great system with efficient customer service

Pros

It is efficient and easy to use and the customer service are very helpful the reports are easy to read

Cons

Inventory is not an option and sometimes the system goes down

Hi there Raina, thank you for your review! We'd love to know more about what you're looking for in an inventory solution, and whether Upserve Inventory would be a good fit. Let us know. Cheers!

Pros

I like the ease of seeing sales and labor on my phone when I’m not at the venue

Cons

The customer support can take awhile, sometimes I need to be transferred several times and have to re explain the issue

DON'T DO IT!!!

If I could give zero stars I would - worst experience EVER - DON"T DO IT!!!!

Pros

The hardware was discounted 90% - however, it is antiquated technology

Cons

We were promised our menu would be done for us (we had do set it up ourselves, we would be trained (we got 3 hours of poor training over the phone), we were told the KDS was touchscreen or we could use or existing touch screen (we got bump bars), we were suppose to go life 2/1, it took us an additional 45 days, we were told gift cards were transferred (they weren't), House Accounts have to be tracked...

Hi Tammie, we appreciate this feedback. We are sorry that there were some misconceptions early on in our partnership, and that it did not start on the best foot. We have worked diligently to repair our partnership, and many of the issues discussed here have been resolved. We hope we are on our way to winning back your trust as we continue to partner on your success.

Huge Help to Our Business

Fun and easy to use and makes hosting a much easier job.

Pros

Opentable is easy to use and helps our business move along smoothly and get more reservations.

Cons

It's not self explanatory to merge duplicate profiles.

Good POS

I am glad I can track employees' hours, can email receipts to customers and see the sales reports.

Pros

I appreciate the Sales Reports and Check Detail reports.

Cons

The transaction processing fees are higher than expected.

Exceptional support

Tablet aided point-of-sale system. System works very good as a simple interface which AIDS in quick learning and easy mastery

Pros

I've been working with bread crumbs for many years extremely pleased with the support. Not only as a support very good, but it is timely so when you are in need of help they are there to help

Cons

They're happy hour implementation doesn't work great

Hi there Tom, thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that our support team has been helpful for you and your team. We'd love to know more on how we can make our happy hour feature more user-friendly for you. Let us know your thoughts. Cheers!

Great team work in getting us setup from beginning to end

Scalable and easy management of my 3 restaurants. Great reporting and intuitive user interface for my employees. As long as you have a strong wifi network, this system is the best for your money

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to configure. Changes are easy to make and instantaneous. Reporting is great. Especially automated nightly reporting and live reporting thru the app.

Cons

The software is stable but still has network outages every once in a while. Some could be local network, other could be BC servers. But still very stable overall

Quick and easy, yet comprehensive and smart.

Pros

Simple enough for any staff member to use and understand; mid-service updates are instantaneous and easy to execute on the fly; questions about the software that require calls to customer service are expeditiously answered by knowledgeable technicians.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Breadcrumb, to be quite honest.

BC survey

great and getting better with other bolt on features

Pros

Ease of use, integration across our 4 locations, app to keep an eye on things and value

Cons

During some of the recent transition the customer service was a little less than desired. it is however improving.

Hi Craig, thanks for the terrific review! We are happy to hear that our platform is so easy to use. Thanks again for the review!

Great service

Pros

Ease of use and customization. Made it very easy for staff and management to maneuver.

Cons

Mercy of the internet. If our internet went down it was very inconvenient for customers.

Christopher

Pros

By far the best system I’ve ever worked with

Cons

It goes off line sometimes but has gotten a lot better

Hi Christopher, thanks for the terrific review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy Breadcrumb so much!

I have used other systems, and this is by far the best and easiest to use

Pros

Ease of change, online menu, easy to train, functionality, ability to suspend it in our off months. I could go on and on

Cons

Difficulty adding a modifier group to a modifier group.