Upserve Reviews - Page 6

Top of the Line Support Team

I am a first time user as well as my entire staff and we have been able to get all of our questions answered in a timely manner. The support team has submitted the couple requests I have made to their engineering department and we will find out if it is something that can be done. I appreciate Breadcrumb offering to try and create a new button for me rather than just saying no.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and you can tell it is designed for restaurants.

Cons

I have had a couple issues with the order of items on printed tickets in my kitchen but the support team informed me that my request has been sent to the engineering department.

Hi Benjamin, thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you have had such a positive experience with our support team and enjoy our software. Thanks again for the review!

Good for fine dining, not volume.

It’s been good so far. This system is better for fine dining than for volume.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to split checks. Easy to do partial payments.

Cons

Hard for volume. Too many menu options. iPads don’t charge quickly.

Best ever!!!

Can’t say a bad thing. Customer service is always top notch!!!

Pros

Everything!! The customer service won’t disappoint.

Cons

That there is no option for cash back.

I have really enjoyed the system and the support of the staff. It's extremely easy to use.

Pros

I like the daily and monthly reports that you can draw up as well as he fact that we feel like a chain restaurant because of its capabilities. As a small business this is what sets ups apart from others in our vicinity.

Cons

Ideally the only thing I don't like about the software is the many updates. Sometimes the system forces an update which hinders the workflow.

Hi Omowumi, thank you for taking time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that the daily and monthly reports are aiding your business. We've been focused on improving the system and adding new, requested features which is why you've probably noticed a once monthly update. Feel free to enable auto updates so that you don't have to stop your day to day to update! https://help.upserve.com/s/article/Breadcrumb-App-Updates

Excellent, keeps things things streamlined and easy to access.

Pros

It's great. It keeps my management team on the ball at all time. I use it each day and I love it. I recommended this soft ware to anyone looking to improve their company.

Cons

Customer service could be better. In all honestly, it's great I just wish it were more accessible. Sometimes I find myself seeing errors in the content and don't know why.

UPSERVE

We can see real time what is going on at the business when we are out and about.

Pros

Ease of navigation through the system and setting up the menu.

Cons

Some glitches when it is time to update the software.

Easiest POS

Pros

I've been in restaurants for 15 years and have always thought the POS is the most dreaded and difficult part of serving but I hopped and Breadcrumps with zero training and was able to figure it all out with ease.

Cons

The iPad systems can be very sensitive to the touch. I have to double check to make sure things weren't selected more than once.

Pathetic

From start to finish frustrating and expensive .Dont give the your bank account number.

Pros

Nothing at all , would not recommend this product

Cons

We were sold on Breadcrumb and up serve last year and quickly found out the shortfalls of this company after we bought the system. There was never any Support and the person you needed to talk to was away from there deck or out of town or they put you on hold till you have to hang up or they are upgrading there system, nobody in the company will can give you a clear answer at what is going on. Not...

Hi there Casey - we're sorry to hear your experience with Upserve hasn't been great. It's honesty like this that helps us become better and make sure we provide the best for restaurants that decide to partner with us. I've attached my contact information if you'd like to chat and how we can help make things right. Thanks.

Best POS

Pros

Ease of use. Training modes. Exceptional customer service!!!

Cons

Off line struggles with connectivity which might be more of an us issue rather than a software issue.

A Restaurants Dream

I love upserve and would recommend it to any restaurant.

Pros

As an event manager, this product is amazing, it makes taking deposits and inputting menus so easy especially on the go.

Cons

I think the only thing I would improve is that it doesn't have a mobile application that could be used to edit menus and review financials.

Likes and dislikes

Pros

I like the repeat and fast cash buttons.

Cons

I dont like how hard it is to find a specific beer. It takes forever and slows me down. I would like the quick tabs to be on the same screen as the table screen too. Everything would be easier to find that way.

Hi there Stacy - Thank you for your honest review. It's feedback like this that really help us better our product to fit the needs of our customers. Have you been taking advantage of the search bar by chance? You're able to search for the specific beer quicker instead of scrolling through tabs. Any other features and functionality requests, don't hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 Support team and let them know. We take all customer requests to drive how we build out our product in the future. Cheers, Upserve Team

Love it!

Pros

Super user friendly and the support is great!

Cons

It was a bit of a pain to set it all up, but once set up, it is flawless!

Hi there Kelsey - thanks for your positive review! We're excited to hear that our Support team has been helpful. Let us know what we can do better about the set up process, we're always looking for new ways to improve our processes.

Good business

Overall, a very good experience so far. Customer support is vital and Breadcrumb has made it fast and easy.

Pros

Software is intuitive and easy to navigate

Cons

not sure yet. So far so good. Can't complain

Hi Adam, thanks for the terrific review! We are glad to hear that our software has been so intuitive for you and your employees. Thanks again for the review!

Proper

Front and back of the house use.

Pros

Overall high quality. Tech support is prompt and accurate.

Cons

Hard to say what is bad in this product.

Super easy install and use.

Pros

Very easy training and ease of use. Easy to program and customer support is on point. It's so easy to use most people can figure it out on their own.

Cons

Sometimes it's glitchy. It will crash mid-use. On occasion, there are company-wide issues. So far none have been mission critical.

Great system and customer service

Pros

Ease of use and customer service help. Have had only great experiences on both the phone and system with the representative.

Cons

Manager work on it is a bit cumbersome. Would suggest a more easy to use Manager page in the app. Upserve reports take a bit to load at night.

Love the system

This software lets me keep a closer eye on my employees, and my gross sales while breaking down what items work better for my bar. This is going to help cut inventory costs and become more profitable .

Pros

I love the detailed break down of all the analytics available right from my phone.

Cons

I don’t personally feel there is any real issues with the software. If I had to pick one thing I would say try and consolidate everything to one app instead of having upsever hq, breadcrumb hq, simple order. A one stop shop would be awesome

Hi Kevin, thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear that the data analytics breakdown is so helpful for you and your business. Thank you again for the great review!

Friendly and easy to learn

Just a very friendly POS system, but lack some accounting reports.

Pros

Very fast in the front of the house operation and really easy to use. Easy to manage and take reports.

Cons

Not so good in the accounting report, but they are work with us to improve all the points we have problem nowadays.

Everything I was promised it would be.

Pros

Software is super easy to use. You should be able to set it up and train a server in 20 minutes or less.

Cons

The only thing I don't like so far are the tabs. I know I can change them to have less but then it's harder to find items in each category. It might be better to have one page with a bunch of categories that brings you to the item list instead of scrolling through a bunch of small tabs.

Hello Todd, Thank you for reviewing Upserve & Breadcrumb POS! We're glad you're finding the software easy to set up, use, and train your staff on. We're always trying to improve, so I've also passed your recommendations along to our product & engineering teams. -Seth

Very user friendly

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate for servers and as a manager it is very user friendly. The Reports feature is invaluable.

GM

Pros

ease of use and very little traing needed

Cons

limited on inventory, could be better on this end

Buyer Beware - Upserve

This is a decent product for a small operation. If you intend to scale do not consider Upserve. The licensing fees become prohibitive and the back end is not sufficient. Also, READ the fine print. If you add another station to your system Upserve will reset your contract for the full system. They operate like the mobile phone companies used to operate.

Pros

Ease of use and the up-front set up are comparable to most other options

Cons

The back end is extremely limited. It is expensive to sale.

Overall this is a great program to use.

Pros

I like the easy user ability. Anybody can use it, even people that aren't computer savvy. I like that we have a support team 24/7.

Cons

I hate that you have to go through each item entry to the beginning. It is just a bit time consuming is all.

Rough start, great support, time will tell.

Day to day been good. Phone app is worthless. Start up was a nightmare. Incredibly easy to use & phone support team is great.

Pros

Ease of use, brilliance of 24/hr support line team.

Cons

transition of old ownership to new was a nightmare, time & actual money lost

Hi there Marc, we're sorry to hear that your experience with Upserve was rough in the beginning. In the past year or so, we've put a lot of our focus on support and building out a strong team in our Denver office. We're glad to hear that has been good. I'm going to attach my contact information to this reply, but if you've got some time to chat please email me. I'd love to know how we can enhance the phone app functionality for you.

Breadcrumb is eh.

You can put orders in real fast, there's even a search bar so you don't have to hunt through each menu for an item you aren't familiar with. But expect daily glitches

Pros

Pretty easy to organize menu items, and you can put in counts and they update in real time.

Cons

Seems to crash or glitch a lot more than other systems. It's easy to use when it works... but I've never seen a POS fail as much as Breadcrumb

Hi Michaela, thank you for sharing your thoughts on Upserve and we're glad to hear that you enjoy our software's real time updates. We pride ourselves on industry-leading software, features, and security so please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support Team for any assistance. Thank you again for the review!