Carsforsale.com Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It's been good and their support team has been great in resolving any issues or help that we have had or needed.
I love that I can have my website the way I want, I love that the mobile app is easy to use. I live that the system is very easy to navigate and utilize.
My overall experience has been pretty great, as I mentioned I basically “trained” myself with how to use this site/program, it’s ease of use is just amazing.
To many security features to jump through. Pain in the ass and not necessary.
They then send to other sites for no extra hidden fees. Their Facebook Marketplace integration put the fire under so many other companies to step up and also integrate with Facebook.
So many leads that go no where. Also the verification with every application is annoying.

1,932 reviews

CH

Colleen H.

Business Owner

Extremely User Friendly

Transcript

Colleen H.: Hi, my name's Colleen. I'm a dealership owner, and I give Carsforsale a four out of five....

eO

edward O.

sales manager

Automotive, 51-200 employees

great to use!

Transcript

Edward: My name is Edward. I'm a sales manager. My star review is a three for Carsforsale. For more reviews...

Nate S.

Long term user

We have been using this software for quite a few years and love it. Many companies have tried to to get us to switch but we have no reason to.

Pros

Easy to use with mobile or desktop device

Cons

There is nothing to not like about the software.

Maite P.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

A functional digital automatris system

It allows you to manage sales in a complete way if you want to have a system that allows you to have access to sales even in a retail way, I like it because it has not been difficult to understand and it has also been quite complete and understandable

Pros

This is a tool that is very effective for professionals or for those who wish to have systems that allow them to carry out tasks related to their means of transport, it is an easy tool to understand, especially for those who have not yet used this type of tool, it also allows even create comprehensive reports

Cons

It is not a tool that is used by everyone, but it is still necessary to have this type of system to have greater opportunities to innovate in all sectors.

KN

Katie N.

It has worked for us for 27+ years

Easy, any issues call and it gets fixed

Pros

User friendly, easy to upload the information

Cons

doesn't always keep things straight. Some times deletes pictures and have to re-add them

Alan R.

carsforsale.com

It does the basics that I need it to do.

Pros

price.

Cons

If I can use it, t's not hard. I have tried others and this one is fine for me.

MA

Mike A.

Excellent CRM

My experience with Carsforsale over the past 3+ years Overall has been fantastic I would not use a different CRM and have recommeded It to other colleagues in the auto industry

Pros

Cars for sale CRM is very easy to use very user friendly ith a lot of tools at your disposal From inventory reports to designing your website And many other helpful tools too many to list but they really do have it all figured out I've been using the CRM for over 3 years now and I've been in the car industry for 30 plus years and it is truly one of the best I've ever worked with. And most importantly customer support is spot on.

Cons

Off the top of my head there are only a couple of things that are a little glitchy like the photo overlay doesn't apply sometimes The Facebook interface is a little tricky And I would like to be able to go in and edit a Vin number when you 1st enter it if there is an incorrect digit you have to Delete that vehicle and start over other than that As I said everything is pretty spot on

LS

Lanell S.

Bang for the Buck

Pros

Making the vehicles look very attractive

Cons

n/a nothing at this time. no answer no answer

HW

Howard W.

Dealertrack works great!

Pros

Self explanatory, easy to use and can be used on mulitple devices

Cons

Ocassionally locks up my phone. however, that might be a phone error.

WC

William C.

Great Product

Pros

website pictures and ease of use , input of vehicles to upload.

Cons

This product has no con to my company , we like all aspects of it.

JZ

Joel Z.

Great Value

Pros

Very easy to use , great value, great customer service

Cons

could be a little more advanced with more integrations and customization

KF

Keryn F.

Great site

Love it!

Pros

I love that it’s affordable and easy to navigate

Cons

Nothing really, I love the fact we can schedule post on FB

BA

Bee A.

Automotive, self-employed

Business wouldn't be as smooth and stress free with out there services

they help me keep my business running and stress free for pennies on the dollar.

Pros

It keeps my inventory in line, helps me keep track of the time I have my vehicles and helps me price them according to the market at current. I can print out inventory sheets with all the info "i want" and give them to customers which is so nice. I can also do my paperwork right here and know my profits individually or all together. This company offers a easy to use program that helps me manage my inventory and my expenses with each car and even posts to facebook for me which in hand helps me get it placed in other groups, and on my facebook page and my website looks awesome.

Cons

there is nothing i do like about the software .. nothing at all

MC

Michael C.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Best dealer website for the price

Pros

Very Customizable, also able to change the theme on the website, very responsive support team, has it's own implementation with Facebook Marketplace, CarGurus, and Carfax. I am sure it has more implementation abilities, however that is the platforms that I use and are subscribed too. Also gives you free NVMTIS reports, which is really nice to use, besides Carfax and Auto check.

Cons

The mobile version isn't on the same layout as the desktop version like V12 software is able to do, but I am very very happy, and it's not a complaint.

CM

Connor M.

Cars For Sale Overview

Overall, I love CFS. It is very easy to use and navigate. All the features are great and can be very helpful to anybody especially those who are just starting out in this business. Anybody new here I would definitely recommend this software. I don't see us switching to anybody else. Why would we?

Pros

Cars for sale does a lot of things right. It is very easy to use and navigate. I haven't really found myself "stuck" or looking for something for 10 minutes. Lead tracking and inventory management are probably used daily. We love them here and will not switch to any other provider.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to see CFS do different would be website customization. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to make changes myself rather than email in and have them do it.

AB

Alicia B.

Can't Be Beat

The value carsforsale offers can't be beat! They stay up to date on the latest trends and have a great customer support. The easy to use software makes it fast to make changes to your website, vehicles and print multiple forms as well.

Pros

Quick and easy to make changes, great customer service, quality product for a fantastic price. There isn't anything I don't like!

Cons

When trying to print the window sticker the margins are not set correctly so they get cut off. In order to use I have to transfer them to a word doc and edit them.

GC

Gerardo C.

Awesome Product

The software integrates with everyone and it has been great. We have never had an issue.

Pros

Easy to use, and easy to roll out to the team. One of the most reliable software/websites I have ever used.

Cons

CRM portion is a little difficult to navigate at first.

JG

JOSE G.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Valuable to our business.

Not familiar with another product that would match the services offered by Carsforsale.com.

Pros

The social media integration fits our model perfectly. The ease of use. Real time editing. Easy and quick integration with other 3rd Party vendors for feed exportation.

Cons

Would be even better if it had more dealer website templates.

JA

James A.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

"Progress Is Impossible Without Change"

Overall Experience: The overall experience feels like I am part of a committed community that will protect consumers data while providing a beautiful system to explore vehicles for sale. The back end of Carsforsale is easy to use. Well for me as least. You can only lead a horse to water... But, keep it up. I can handle it and ready to experience any upcoming updates! The designs are beautiful with a very very low cost and referral incentives. You are not greedy. You are cheap and quality. That is a rare combination to find. You are that rare combination I found back in 2010. Keep it up!

Pros

Most Like: The consistent and frequent software updates. *Specifically; the new access method for submitted application. I admire Carsforsale and their improvements on the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I have many ideas for you and theories about you. I hope you have those ideas as well. I am excited to see what else you come out with in the near future. I stick with you because I have been using Carsforsale since 2010 and see where this is going. Keep it up.

Cons

Least Like: The customer service and website customization capabilities. *Specifically: 1. The lack of truth in the "Custom-Built Design" page. 2. The unwarranted, unnecessary, and irrelevant opinions from the representatives. - Example: A representative once said: "I don't think that will look good". This is why I work ONLY with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I could go on, but it does not matter; because the way I feel is objective. I'm too picky. I'm too fast. I'm to egotistical sometimes. Carsforsale is not my company. It was more me than the representative, but still, I never asked for her opinion. I also trust that one day the final product of my requests when requested; will match the promises under the "Custom-Built Design" page. Because they have not been matched lately.

DA

Daniel A.

Feedback

Pros

Speed, Easy of Use, Economical. The platform gives you a lot for the price.

Cons

SEO tools could improve or even been offered as a premium service. I feel SEO could be more powerful.

GL

Gustavo L.

Easy to navigate

Great

Pros

Easy to add inventory on our website, mobile crm

Cons

None I think Carsforsale it’s worth the monthly subscription

AB

Angelo B.

Interactive website knowledge

The overall ability to track customers to the right sales associate is something that has been helpful and has allowed us to play on an even field of competition. The system works if you understand how it works and i feel that most have just now begin to utilize the tools that it has to offer.

Pros

The design and easy access is relatively useful. The ability to access multiple customer request and activities are available to all admin. and the ability to track activity within the system is helpful for planning the next step of the sales process.

Cons

I would like to see automated daily tasks for each individual sales associate. The ability to focus on those leads that are 7 days or less older and the tracking of these leads in a Que would maximize efforts for targeted sales attempts and increase sales production along with customer experience. If this option is already available then more one on one coachings with the sales team should be priority by your company to implement those options and further our knowledge of how we can utilize the site to our fullest efforts.

CC

Charles C.

Carsforsale review

They always are very helpful and very patient . They are the best at actually being genuine in dealing with their customers.

Pros

Yes, very easy Easy to use and customer support is the best!

Cons

I dont like the fact that the number of days a car is on carsforsale is posted on the web page. There is no benefit to the seller or to carsforsale. The idea is to sell cars and if you have a perfectly good car for sale and the reason it has not sold is usually because the car price needs to be adjusted and the dealer will finally get around to dropping the price and the cars sells. Customers are many times questioning why a car has been in inventory so long and they assume it is a bad car. In reality the car has not sold many times because the price needed adjusting and the dealer will ultimately drop the price and then it will sell. You slow the selling process for the dealer when you list how many days a car has been onlline.

JM

JOSEPH M.

Review for Carsforsale

Overall the software is easy to use, makes sense for the user, is affordable, offers very good design and personalization when it comes to the web page, has a great mobile ability, but could benefit from the addition of some tools and reporting as mentioned in Cons section of the survey.

Pros

The software is easy to use and affordable.

Cons

I think the software would benefit from craigslist posting abilities. I also think the CRM portion of the software would benefit from adding in better ways to manage leads, via lead source tracking, making more options to help organize leads and mange lead assignments. I feel like the note section of the lead should be more easily readable, not putting it several screens back and having the system allow the user to organize and label leads would be helpful. Also adding more reporting to the system for inventory as well as SEO, and leads would be nice. Having more of an insight on how the inventory is performing as well as how the website activity is doing would be helpful in decision making.

JH

Jim H.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

CarsForSale.com is our primary business partner for success

Pros

We've been using CarsForSale.com as our used car web host and primary listing site since we opened for business in 2013. We've reviewed many potential providers but we really like the value, customer service and ease of doing business with CarsForSale.com. They have a terrific overall product at a great price while still delivering personalized customer care and customized solutions. We also like their performance and reliability. Special kudos to two people at CarsForSale.com who have always treated us like we are their most important client - Anita and Zion.

Cons

The few things we liked least about using CarsForSale.com software have been updated/changed - for instance, they recently converted us to mobile-friendly responsive and have added more helpful tools like overlays, nicer screen views, reporting and online materials. Right now, there isn't anything we don't like about the software.

ET

Emily T.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Mike's Righteous Rides LOVES Carsforsale.com!!

Pros

I like that the software is super easy to use and understand. The customer service is exceptional, very friendly, and always ready to help. I also really like how easy the website is to navigate for the customer, and that they can get a hold of us (the dealer) quickly. I feel as though it does take the frustration out of car purchasing. It's super easy to upload the cars, on not only the computer, but also your smart phone. I love that we were able to widen our clientele, thanks to carsforsale.com! We use the Facebook market place through the website and we have had very good luck with it.

Cons

There aren't to many things that I DON'T like about the software, sometimes its a bit frustrating that it logs you off and you have to verify yourself. Other then that, at this time I can't really think of anything I don't like about the software.

GR

GINGER R.

ALL AUTO SALES (GINGER REDDICK) OFFICE MANAGER

I THINK IT IS A GREAT APP FOR CAR DEALERSHIPS. IT PRINTS OUT THE PAPERWORK FOR THE BILL OF SALES AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO SELL A CAR.

Pros

I LIKE ALOT ABOUT THE SOFTWARE. I LIKE THAT ONCE YOU ADD A VEHICLE TO YOUR INVENTORY THE APP SAVES THE VEHICLE IN THE APP ONCE SOLD. WELL IF WE HAVE TO RE-SELL VEHICLE WE HAVE TO REPOST IT AND I LIKE NOT HAVING TO POST THE WHOLE AD AGAIN. I LIKE THAT THE SOFTWARE INSERTS SPECIAL ITEMS ABOUT EACH CAR. IT IS VERY USER FRIENDLY. GREAT APP.

Cons

THAT IT MAKE YOU VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY THROUGH YOUR CELL PHONE EVERYTIME YOU GO INTO IT. ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE LOST MY CELL PHONE A FEW TIMES AND HAD TO GET A NEW PHONE AND THE APP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE NEW PHONE SO YOU R UNABLE TO GET INTO THE APP WITHOUT VERIFYING IT IS YOU.