ChefMod Reviews

4.69/5 (64 reviews)
Pros
  • it is pretty good
  • Quick and easy to use
  • User friendly, updated feel and look.
  • Very user-friendly Great customer support
Cons
  • more accurate
  • We dont have any complains about the tool
  • Limited integration with out of network purveyors
  • Limited selections. Unsure of certain products being delivered
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Michele Fratticcioli

ChefMod Review

Reviewed 2017-03-10

We have formed great relationships with the customer support staff at ChefMod! They help to make our days easier!

Pros
My items are always saved so I can just go to my guide and order my most common items.

Cons
Sometimes items get locked for no reason and you have to call to gain access to them again.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michele!

Roberto Santiago

User Friendly

Reviewed 2017-03-16

Compared to other programs I have used in the past this one has been the easiest to learn and very user friendly. Their Customer Service support is also very friendly and helpful!

Pros
User friendly, updated feel and look.

Response from ChefMod

Roberto, It's great to work with a company as committed to our customers as we are. Thank you for the positive review! ~ ChefMod

Petya Petkova

New Chefmod tools, techniques and methods you need to know!!!

Reviewed 2017-03-11

It's a whole new Chefmod, delivering a superior customer experience and provide the best products for your clients.

Pros
Quick and easy to use

Response from ChefMod

Thank you very much Petya for the perfect review! Looking forward to showing you how to go completely paperless with CrossDoc!

Patrick O'Brien

Chef Mod Site Review

Reviewed 2017-03-10

Chef Mod site is very simple to use, and it makes ordering easy. I would recommend it to anyone. It takes getting used to, but once you do get used to it things are very easy.

Response from ChefMod

Patrick,
From all of us here at ChefMod, thank you for the great review!

Riccardo Dardha

Great Software.

Reviewed 2017-03-20

Very useful software that has become a necessity. Prompt, professional and forward thinking support staff.

Response from ChefMod

Riccardo,
Member Services is our highest priority! Thank you for your continued support!

Katherine Pangaro

ChefMod FTW!

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Pros
ChefMod is a great way to streamline ordering, track costs and research new products. Their support staff is always super sweet, prompt and attentive. I recommend regularly to colleagues and will continue to do so!

Cons
The search functions are not very tailorable and are not great at filtering so everything takes a little longer than it should.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you for the amazing review! We have been working on a new release which will address some of your searching issues. Stay tuned for that in early 2020!

CHINTAN PANDYA

Nice App for Food Products

Reviewed 2019-10-16

I enjoy working with them and they are very quick on solving issue.

Pros
The pricing and ease of ordering food through the system is easy. Its keeps a dat of regularly ordered items.

Cons
Very difficult to know about the new products that come in the market.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you for your continued support. We have ongoing discussions about how to present new products through our platform. We are working on some great initiatives for 2020 so stay tuned for that! Thanks for the valuable feedback.

jorge adriazola

chef on the saving

Reviewed 2017-03-20

so far, it is ok. most the item taht i am looking for my business are there, as for my home. it could be a little better

Pros
it is pretty good

Cons
more accurate

Response from ChefMod

Jorge, through our custom views, we have fixed up the home screen exactly how you like to see it. Thanks for your support as always!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Ilene Rosen

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Very satisfactory

Pros
The customer service is incredibly helpful.

Cons
You never know which vendor is sending what, makes meeting minimums impossible to calculate.

Response from ChefMod

Ilene,
We are very proud of our Member Serviced Team, and we're happy that you see the strong resource we work hard every day to deliver.

Being able to select and view specific supplier information is something people have been asking for, and we've been listening.

We do have this functionality in our production schedule and you will be seeing it soon in our next release. For more specific timelines on this, please feel free to reach out to me directly!
Thank you again for your support!
John

Scott Lahey

Could use some tweaking

Reviewed 2019-10-26

Overall positive. I miss rep though.

Pros
Great prices Ease of use Customer service

Cons
No Self updating listing. Ie.. when ordering a new or global item, the item is added to lists. No way to add a comment. I’ve complained about this for years.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you for the review Scott. Would love to get more feedback from you on the tweaks you would like to see done. Please join our members only Facebook group!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Michael Serpico

Great product

Reviewed 2019-10-28

Extremely satisfied

Pros
Easy to use. Availability of representatives

Cons
Limited selections. Unsure of certain products being delivered

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Chef Michael for the terrific review!

Natalie Colton

Numbers change

Reviewed 2019-10-25

They are helpful over the phone if there are questions.

Pros
I can see when I ordered something last. I can view past orders.

Cons
It’s hard to narrow down items if the aren’t listed the way you search for them.

Response from ChefMod

Natalie, Thank you very much for your great review!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jason Lemon

Make You Job Easier

Reviewed 2017-03-29

ChefMod is a great system to help source out the best price and quality products. You know that you are not going to catch a bad deal. The customer support is very knowledgeable.

Response from ChefMod

Jason,
There are no bad deals in ChefMod! Thanks for the great review!

Raul Leyva

great software, overall good time and money saver. its solves my product problems fast.

Reviewed 2017-07-22

better and faster ordering

Pros
easy to use, it make my ordering experience fast and reliable. does not make me rush and i could place my order anytime i want.

Cons
purveyors fail sometimes to let us know on a timely manner of items they do not have in stock.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Raul for the awesome review. ChefMod is the only GPO with real time inventory updates with In-Network purveyors. This list grows every day!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Douglas Fisher

partnership with Chef Mod.

Reviewed 2017-03-17

I have been working with the Chef Mod organization for about 14 years and can say that in the 23 years I have been in food service sales I have not found a more professional ,easy to work with team than what John Oldwielder has put together here at Chef Mod. Every aspect of the organization keeps the customer's best interest first and foremost, from the ease of the order entry system to the professionalism of their customer service personnel who are always eager to assist. I highly recommend this program to any operator or multi unit chain that has the desire to take their operation up a level or two and to finally know success.

Response from ChefMod

Doug,
Thank you for the strong endorsement and your continued support for us and for our members!
~John

Jose Perez

Chefmod the Best

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-18

They make their platform easy to navigate, paying & ordering from vendors has never been easier. It's so simple to manage & organize invoices . Thumbs up!

Pros
Chefmod is a great platform to use for day to day activities.

Cons
The software freezes/glitches with system error " ChefMod unavailble please try again". This can be inconvenient when on a time crunch.

Response from ChefMod

Jose, thank you for the amazing review!

Michael Giordano

ChefMod stands well above the other systems!

Reviewed 2017-03-10

Investing in the right systems for your business is important. With ChefMod you get a constantly developing software that you never need to pay for upgrades system to use "Improved Features". There are added options that go well beyond purchasing functionality and invoice reconciliation, like recipe management which helps you better control cost and shrinkage. ChefMod work because the developers are restaurateur's in addition to systems experts. ChefMod staff take an daily active roll in managing their business to support your business. No other company offers the level of service competence that ChefMod provides to it members.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michael!

Emilio Foley

Chefmod Software Review

Reviewed 2017-03-16

I have been a chefmod user for 10+ years. the software is very easy to use and integrates simply into multiple outlets. Member services is very responsive and helpful. We have used chefmod in multiple locations/properties with each addition being stress free and implemented easily. the programming is very "chef" friendly and integrates well with our systems. my personal experience with chefmod has been a very positive one.

Response from ChefMod

Emilio, Distributor integrations is where it's at! We all benefit from partners who can communicate in this way... fewer errors, fewer problems, fewer headaches! Thank you the great review!
~ChefMod Team

Gerry DeLuca

Chef Mod's platform is white hot with local Chefs

Reviewed 2017-03-17

We could not be more proud and appreciative of our partnership with Chef Mod which has rapidly grown to 100 plus restaurants in the Tri-State area. With Chef Mod's easy to use applications such as their ordering platform as well their helpful customer support team and cost savings, its very understandable why they are growing so fast and so popular with Chefs and restaurant owners in the area.

Response from ChefMod

Gerry, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. Systems are important so that savings can be measured, and of course our team lives to guide and support our members every day! Thank you for the excellent review!
~The ChefMod Team.

Jeff Imrie

Excellent Package!

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Very pleased and am so glad I’ve discovered ChefMod!!

Pros
It has provided me with an excellent single stop piece of software for just about all of my needs!

Cons
I really can’t say there’s anything I don’t like about the suite of offerings!

Response from ChefMod

Thank you for the terrific review Jeff! Thanks for your support.

Eric Luban

Out with the old in with the new

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Being able to use the ordering systems on a iPad without being on WiFi is a plus! Also being able to see my costs on the same platform is nice

Pros
Very user-friendly Great customer support

Cons
Limited integration with out of network purveyors

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Chef!

Alonso Alvarez

Purchasing have never been easier before

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-19

We are about to implement the tool in our company

Pros
Easy to used software with excellent reports that facilities management our restaurant

Cons
We dont have any complains about the tool

Response from ChefMod

Alonzo, Thanks for the great supportive review! Our system get's easier every day! Have you tried our app? It recently had a face-lift with a whole bunch of new cool features. Let us know if you have any questions!

Ruperto Ramirez

Love chefmod

Reviewed 2017-03-29

Chef mod is the greatest tools to have, as a chef I know that I can almost get anything I need for my kitchen needs. As a manager the reports I get from ChefMod are just great to manage my restaurant the proper way! And the people working at chefmod are always very helpful!

Response from ChefMod

Ruperto,
we have over 65,000 products in the system now from over 350 suppliers nation wide. If we don't have it, we'll find it!
Thank you for the awesome review!

Michael Diascro

Great Support and Functionality

Reviewed 2017-03-10

Easy to see the purchase history of the products that we use. Nice record feature to ensure what was ordered is actually what arrives from the vendor. The receiver can see any differences right away and have the empowerment to accept or deny the item. The order guides are easily setup to speed the process of inventory and order entries. I have been in this industry for nearly 4 decades and this product delivers.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you very much!

Maurizio Reyes

Chefmod is a must have for your restaurant operations!!!

Reviewed 2017-03-13

I don't know where to start but I know I wouldn't be able to operate my restaurant efficiently without chefmod.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Maurizio. If we can do anything more to satisfy your paperless accounting integrations, please let us know. ChefMod's FINANCIALS now allows you to save photos to any living document, so you'll be able to save those images as you had asked. Have a great day and thanks again for the review! ~ The ChefMod Team